Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feeling out of touch with your own sexuality

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone else feel like this?!

I'm bi, completely open and happy about it. But I feel like I'm out of touch with that side of me. It's been nine years since I was in a relationship with a woman and that long since I had sex with one. I don't have any LGBT friends either. I'm even starting to read Diva again to try and get back in touch with that side of me!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I’ve pointed a friend in the direction of this.

All I’ll add is that it’s quite a journey, the feelings and even identity can be a bit fluid over time and most heterosexuals don’t realise how straightforward we have it!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not in terms of orientation but certainly in terms of confidence.

I had a reasonable number of one night stands in my twenties, but never felt nervous on any one of them and always ‘did a good job’.

The thought of a meet via Fab after lockdown eases, as lovely as it is, does leave me with a fair bit of trepidation. It’s been a while and I don’t want to disappoint; some days it puts me off the thought of meeting at all.

By *sylockeWoman
over a year ago

East Anglia

It is very easy to lose touch with the LGBTQ+ communities, especially if you do not live near big cities to keep up with all the changes and developments in the scene. I’ve rejoined fab in the hope of meeting bi-women or lesbians. They exist on here don’t they?! !!

over a year ago

Nope

over a year ago

Am curious about this thread myself but not where Im concerned..I love who I am and that I can enjoy all types. My gf is bi and like you,OP, has not been with a woman in about same amount of time. She knows she s bisexual but is now nervous of how to engage again..interestingly when she s had a few its the ladies she flirts with but never carries it further. She knows I love her bisexuality and open mindedness but she still can t get beyond that line.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

From a straight side, I do like to question my sexuality from time to time. I'm not bi but I do appreciate the female form, I know I am straight because I don't get sexually aroused when perusing female bodies, but I can appreciate the curves and depth of a picture more as an art form appreciation

By *uri400Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

I do understand what you mean in my 20s I dated a lot of women than spent almost 10 years in a relationship with a man.

After that i found it really hard to interact with women in a sexual way as I'm hopeless at flirting with womne I don't know why lol.

I just think it's about making connections in all different places and not even in a sexual way but just as friends it's great to have friends who understand what you are feeling and what you are going through.

Maybe engage in some more lgbtq spaces online just talking to people in these spaces can really help with feeling more connected with your sexuality.

If you want someone to chat with about feeling like this your more than welcome to drop me a message

Post new Message to Thread