Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hair dye problem . . .

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I need help seriously please help me!!!!!

I have dyed my hair for more than half my life I started when I streaked my hair really not a good look for me but in my defence I was 12!!

Well yesterday I bought a hair dye (my normal one) lovely cosmic blue - looks all black but when the sun appears my hair looks blue see nice!!

Well today I got hubby to do the hair dying and what happens the dye runs all the way down my neck and round towards my boobs!! Really not a good look I can promise you that much!!!

I have tried scrubbing my neck with the wee bottle of conditioner you get with the hair dye cos that used to work but didn’t this time I even tried scrubbing my skin raw with my nail brush and hand wash but again didn’t work.

So please help me . . . . . how the hell do you get blue dye out of the skin??

I look like a bloody smurf!!

Shona

x x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

I don't know if it will work but try using clear alcohol, such as gin or vodka...I know you can get temp tattoos off very easily using those....might be worth a try...if it doesn't work, drink the rest of the bottle then you won't care

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"I need help seriously please help me!!!!!

I have dyed my hair for more than half my life I started when I streaked my hair really not a good look for me but in my defence I was 12!!

Well yesterday I bought a hair dye (my normal one) lovely cosmic blue - looks all black but when the sun appears my hair looks blue see nice!!

Well today I got hubby to do the hair dying and what happens the dye runs all the way down my neck and round towards my boobs!! Really not a good look I can promise you that much!!!

I have tried scrubbing my neck with the wee bottle of conditioner you get with the hair dye cos that used to work but didn’t this time I even tried scrubbing my skin raw with my nail brush and hand wash but again didn’t work.

Shona

x x x "

that would explaine bravehart lol

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I need help seriously please help me!!!!!

Shona

x x x "

the wet wipes you use to remove make up etc from your face normally works for me

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

you could try some surgical spirit's its the closest you can get to nigh on pure alcohol, it's only available at chemist's though, or something like spray thinners which is used to thin printer inks, but use that sparingly though as it can freeze the skin and give you a chill burn

over a year ago

"I don't know if it will work but try using clear alcohol, such as gin or vodka...I know you can get temp tattoos off very easily using those....might be worth a try...if it doesn't work, drink the rest of the bottle then you won't care "

Ohhh I love that suggestion!!

Shona

x x x

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

also nail polish remover ( the one that contains acetone)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Rub toothpaste into it then wash clean, then rub in vaseline, baby lotion or baby oil and leave on overnight.

over a year ago

Well the wipes just caused me to get red and sore!! Now still blue but with red bits!!

But the vodka down my throat did make me feel a bit better!!

Will try the nail polish remover and let you know!!

I am ready to try anything except the paint thinner

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

i've rubbed tomato sauce (mums advice) and soap powder into my neck before after stubborn hair dye refused to budge and one of them worked, problem is i cant remember what one? but worth a shot good luck!

over a year ago

dont use nail polish remover

That was the good clean remedy i posted above, for instant results try rubbing cigarette ash on the stained skin, works instantaneously, and this is no joke either seriously i aint joking.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You can buy sachets of dye remover, there usually next to the dyes in some shops. Wilkingsons did do them but have just stopped.Heres a tip i was told when i was about 14 and has worked for me in the past. Dip a damp cloth in cigerette ash and rub in the skin, sounds and looks aweful but it worked. Not sure if it will work on blue though

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"dont use nail polish remover

That was the good clean remedy i posted above, for instant results try rubbing cigarette ash on the stained skin, works instantaneously, and this is no joke either seriously i aint joking."

omg how spooky we just posted that at the same time lol

over a year ago

I'm a hairdresser......i know this sounds disgusting but rub it with ash from a cigarette.

over a year ago

The wipes did eventually work after getting hubby to scrub the back of my neck loads!!

I apologise cos I am impatient and expect instant results

Thank you all for your suggestions I have taken a note of them and will prob use then again cos I seem to always forget to cover around the hairline with vaseline so always get face covered in dye!!

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Shona if this happens again in the future is to rub when rinsing because wet dye takes of the stuff dried in round about your hairline and anywhere else it has managed to get lol

over a year ago

"Shona if this happens again in the future is to rub when rinsing because wet dye takes of the stuff dried in round about your hairline and anywhere else it has managed to get lol"

Taj hun hubby tried that when he was rinsing the dye off and it didnt work. I think it was because I waited the 20 mins before checking the dye.

Serves me right for watching the news while waiting for it to develop, that story about the female nursery workers abusing kids really made my blood boil!

Shona

x x x

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

oh dear hope it isn't catching cos K is going to have her hair done this evening, not that she has it coloured of course

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"oh dear hope it isn't catching cos K is going to have her hair done this evening, not that she has it coloured of course "

Im having mine done at 6pm lol, must be the fabswingers hair dying day

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

if yer like me it isn't worth the effort lol

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

nature took over and changed my hair colour so i didn't have a problem with running lol

over a year ago

Dont think its catching hun cos I was told by my hairdresser that the dye I use will continue to come out for weeks (no matter how much I rinse it) everytime I wash my hair so will keep trying to get whats left off and maybe I wont scare the cat too much!!

And maybe by the time I next meet a sexy guy I wont look like a smurf!!

Or I could have just stuck to red cos I never had that much bother with the dye then even tho it was the same company that did it!!

Shona

x x x

By *aughtyNurse999Woman
over a year ago

Fabville !!!

always dyed my own hair but have to say i have been lucky and got it nowhere else yet.. only my hair lol

Glad you sorted the problem though.. but do NOT use nail polish remover.

jan

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

you could go and set a new trend and go for the all over blue blue electric blue look lol

over a year ago

MILK

will remove any unwanted dye , :0)

i always use it, just make sure u wash it off lol

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"MILK

will remove any unwanted dye , :0)

i always use it, just make sure u wash it off lol

"

isn't yougut a natural cleanser too ?

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Blow torch.

over a year ago

I have had this problem in the past but used a solution of a cap full of bleach to a bowl of water.

And off it comes.

No....Not ya hair either

By *rouble and strifeCouple
over a year ago

Nr Glasgow

change your profile to will meet smokers.

over a year ago

I dyed my hair red the other day and got a load on me scalp, the result being that I looked like I'd got tomato soup on me...

The best thing to do is just wait, scrub it extra hard in the shower every day. It's only stained the surface skin cells at the end of the day, and they'll only take a couple of days to renew. Better than chucking all sorts of chemicals on yourself!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

try washing up liquid - thats what they use in the hair dressers when they shout for the 'stain remover'! dab it on with cotton wool but might be too late now

over a year ago

Right blow torch . . . I think thats what put the damn colour on in the first place!!

I have scrubbed with a wipe (well I say I, when I really mean hubby cos I cant see the back of my neck) most came off - Thank you hun mwahh

I went for a nice hot bath and washed my hair now I only have a tiny little bit that aint come off

So I should be ok for my next meet lol nice orderly line to meet the smurf please!!

You know it aint easy being this daft at times!!

A huge thank you to everyone who had serious suggestions I have taken a note of them and will refer to them in a few weeks when I redo it - cos I know the same thing will happen again

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Might be a job for Kim and Aggie ... my heroines

over a year ago

I use a pinkish dye on my hair... gives a very natural finish ......

exact the same shade as skin....

and never show roots....

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"I use a pinkish dye on my hair... gives a very natural finish ......

exact the same shade as skin....

and never show roots....

"

Well they do say less is more

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

guess what ........... K came home from the hairdressers last night, I was in the doghouse cos I didn't comment

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"guess what ........... K came home from the hairdressers last night, I was in the doghouse cos I didn't comment "

You should know better,you have been together long enough to know that you should always comment on anything that looks different

over a year ago

go to sallys and they have cream to get rid of hair dye stains......or may give you advice.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"guess what ........... K came home from the hairdressers last night, I was in the doghouse cos I didn't comment

You should know better,you have been together long enough to know that you should always comment on anything that looks different "

I pleaded the 5th ammendment - well I said I was concentrating on cooking her a lvely meal ....... still didn't work though

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"guess what ........... K came home from the hairdressers last night, I was in the doghouse cos I didn't comment

You should know better,you have been together long enough to know that you should always comment on anything that looks different

I pleaded the 5th ammendment - well I said I was concentrating on cooking her a lvely meal ....... still didn't work though "

never had that problem when the wife did her hair it was splatterd over bathroom walls so i all ways knew if i had to say some thing ( worked most times ) lol

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

I pleaded the 5th ammendment - well I said I was concentrating on cooking her a lvely meal ....... still didn't work though "

i always hedged my bet's ,,,, use to say when i came home,or she's been out " wow whats new you look stunning" worked for me everytime lol

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I just remembered I've got a collection of Smurfs, don't think I've got/had a 'Shona' smurf though

over a year ago

"I just remembered I've got a collection of Smurfs, don't think I've got/had a 'Shona' smurf though "

No Shona smurf but a smurfette - she was the slutty one

Shona

x x x

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"I just remembered I've got a collection of Smurfs, don't think I've got/had a 'Shona' smurf though

No Shona smurf but a smurfette - she was the slutty one

Shona

x x x "

lmao she must go with my bad taste bear ALIK the Muff Diver (no prizes for guessing my name lol)

Post new Message to Thread