Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental Health Awareness Week

Jump to newest

By *elloIntrigue OP   Man
over a year ago

North West UK

Just checking in with all you lovely people. I've not really been on a lot this week. Checking how you are doing?

Sending kind thoughts.

"It's okay not to be okay."

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All good here fella thank you for asking

over a year ago

I'm sorry, this will not get many posters on here as its not a snog fuck blah blah thread,true story

over a year ago

Sending love to anyone struggling

Just be kind to yourself before anyone else.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm happy today OP. I find it difficult at times, my anxiety can spike but I know my triggers so am avoiding this. Generally I'm in a good place. How are you doing OP?

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Been a tough week here, thanks for asking. How about you, OP?

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

Struggling...but not as much as I was a fortnight ago!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

L

over a year ago

I'm not in a good place but I'm lucky I have a good support system around me and I know I'll be ok.

"There are stars you haven't seen

and loves you haven't loved

there's light you haven't felt

and sunrises yet to dawn

there are dreams

you haven't dreamt

and days you haven't lived

and nights you won't forget

and flowers yet to grow

and there is more to you

that you have yet to

know."

One of my favourite quotes!! Sending strength to those who are struggling. I am sure there will be better days ahead.

over a year ago

Thanks for asking Op, hope you’re doing well, peace, love, empathy.

over a year ago

"Thanks for asking Op, hope you’re doing well, peace, love, empathy. "

You remind me of somebody

over a year ago

"I'm not in a good place but I'm lucky I have a good support system around me and I know I'll be ok.

and sunrises yet to dawn

there are dreams

you haven't dreamt

and flowers yet to grow

and there is more to you

that you have yet to

know."

One of my favourite quotes!! Sending strength to those who are struggling. I am sure there will be better days ahead. "

That's lovely. Sending you lots of love

over a year ago

North West UK

I'm doing okay ty for asking. I've had a pretty productive week after a slow start and am now sitting with my feet up and a cup of tea

over a year ago

North West UK

"I'm not in a good place but I'm lucky I have a good support system around me and I know I'll be ok.

and sunrises yet to dawn

there are dreams

you haven't dreamt

and flowers yet to grow

and there is more to you

that you have yet to

know."

One of my favourite quotes!! Sending strength to those who are struggling. I am sure there will be better days ahead. "

What a good quote that is!

Sending you my best thoughts x

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

and sunrises yet to dawn

there are dreams

you haven't dreamt

and flowers yet to grow

and there is more to you

that you have yet to

know."

This has made me weep after the most horrendous of weeks. But crying it good, thank you

over a year ago

North West UK

Mental Health, Smile threads, some music, video film and sport threads are generally ones I contribute to

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Managing despite difficult circumstances. Thank you. I hope for the same for you.

over a year ago

North West UK

and sunrises yet to dawn

there are dreams

you haven't dreamt

and flowers yet to grow

and there is more to you

that you have yet to

know."

One of my favourite quotes!! Sending strength to those who are struggling. I am sure there will be better days ahead.

This has made me weep after the most horrendous of weeks. But crying it good, thank you "

So sorry to hear about your week.

Take good care

over a year ago

North West UK

"Managing despite difficult circumstances. Thank you. I hope for the same for you."

Take good care

over a year ago

Good thread OP , I think theres a hell of alot of sufferers on here. Mental health is huge so putting awareness out there is a very good thing. I follow these threads very carefully, only wish I was trained to help others xx

over a year ago

and sunrises yet to dawn

there are dreams

you haven't dreamt

and flowers yet to grow

and there is more to you

that you have yet to

know."

This has made me weep after the most horrendous of weeks. But crying it good, thank you "

I hope a good cry has helped you to feel a little better. I'm sorry to hear things have been so bad.

Sending you love. You will get through whatever it is you're going through. xx

over a year ago

I really hate the "it's ok not to be ok" catchphrase. How the hell is it ok to be miserable.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I really hate the "it's ok not to be ok" catchphrase. How the hell is it ok to be miserable. "

I think it's to reassure people you don't have to keep a stiff upper lip. And that seeking out help does not make you week. That's my interpretation of it in any case. And to me personally yes it's ok to be miserable if something warrants it as long as it's part of your healing process.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I really hate the "it's ok not to be ok" catchphrase. How the hell is it ok to be miserable.

I think it's to reassure people you don't have to keep a stiff upper lip. And that seeking out help does not make you week. That's my interpretation of it in any case. And to me personally yes it's ok to be miserable if something warrants it as long as it's part of your healing process. "

Yes. You don't need to pretend, it's not weak to struggle, you can get help.

over a year ago

"I really hate the "it's ok not to be ok" catchphrase. How the hell is it ok to be miserable.

I think it's to reassure people you don't have to keep a stiff upper lip. And that seeking out help does not make you week. That's my interpretation of it in any case. And to me personally yes it's ok to be miserable if something warrants it as long as it's part of your healing process. "

Your interpretation makes sense.

over a year ago

"I really hate the "it's ok not to be ok" catchphrase. How the hell is it ok to be miserable. "

I spent a while struggling in silence because although I knew I wasn't ok, I felt ashamed to admit it. Fast forward to now .... a better place thankfully (still have my moments) but I now know that's ok no need for shame, no need to hide it. If that makes sense?

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Who isn't aware of mental health these days?

over a year ago

"Who isn't aware of mental health these days?"

Plenty

over a year ago

"Who isn't aware of mental health these days?"

I'm often surprised by how ignorant people can be towards mental health since it's so widely discussed these days. It's why I think it's good for so many of us to be open and talk about it!

over a year ago

"Who isn't aware of mental health these days?

I'm often surprised by how ignorant people can be towards mental health since it's so widely discussed these days. It's why I think it's good for so many of us to be open and talk about it! "

I agree

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Who isn't aware of mental health these days?

I'm often surprised by how ignorant people can be towards mental health since it's so widely discussed these days. It's why I think it's good for so many of us to be open and talk about it! "

Yes well, ignorance isn't the same as not being aware. My mother is aware but she would rather pretend that my issues are to be swept under the carpet when it suits her.

over a year ago

"

Yes well, ignorance isn't the same as not being aware. My mother is aware but she would rather pretend that my issues are to be swept under the carpet when it suits her."

I'm sorry to hear that. My family are similar, they genuinely don't believe you can be depressed and they think anxiety isn't real. It wasn't easy growing up in that house being a suicidal teen with lots of mental health issues.

I hope you're ok, and just know that even if the people who are your own blood refuse to open their eyes and listen to you, there are people who are with you every step of then way.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Yes well, ignorance isn't the same as not being aware. My mother is aware but she would rather pretend that my issues are to be swept under the carpet when it suits her.

I'm sorry to hear that. My family are similar, they genuinely don't believe you can be depressed and they think anxiety isn't real. It wasn't easy growing up in that house being a suicidal teen with lots of mental health issues.

I hope you're ok, and just know that even if the people who are your own blood refuse to open their eyes and listen to you, there are people who are with you every step of then way. "

Agreed.

I think these days awareness covers more than "hey these conditions exist". At least it should

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"

I hope you're ok, and just know that even if the people who are your own blood refuse to open their eyes and listen to you, there are people who are with you every step of then way. "

I'm quite lucky in that my dad has really come through for me recently even though my mother has not. So yeah I'm okay, I have a new future ahead of me to look forward to. I hope you are okay too

over a year ago

I spent a while struggling in silence because although I knew I wasn't ok, I felt ashamed to admit it. Fast forward to now .... a better place thankfully (still have my moments) but I now know that's ok no need for shame, no need to hide it. If that makes sense?"

It makes sense

over a year ago

North West UK

"Good thread OP , I think theres a hell of alot of sufferers on here. Mental health is huge so putting awareness out there is a very good thing. I follow these threads very carefully, only wish I was trained to help others xx"

Thank you, I'm not trained either but wasted to as you say, draw awareness and I guess simply to check how we all are

over a year ago

North West UK

I prefer Bob Hoskins "It's good to talk" or an Australian version I heard a couple of years ago from a rugby player "It ain't weak to speak" rather than "it's ok not to be ok", in any case talking about things, sharing them is good.

over a year ago

North West UK

"

I hope you're ok, and just know that even if the people who are your own blood refuse to open their eyes and listen to you, there are people who are with you every step of then way.

I'm quite lucky in that my dad has really come through for me recently even though my mother has not. So yeah I'm okay, I have a new future ahead of me to look forward to. I hope you are okay too "

Good to hear this new future

over a year ago

North West UK

I spent a while struggling in silence because although I knew I wasn't ok, I felt ashamed to admit it. Fast forward to now .... a better place thankfully (still have my moments) but I now know that's ok no need for shame, no need to hide it. If that makes sense?"

Exactly. I still have my down days, and my mental health rears up from time to time but I also acknowledge that it's a part of me, it doesn't define me.

over a year ago

Ive had problems and the lockdown hasnt really changed my situation. Ot helps that the pubs arw shut as i was slippong a bit with alcohol

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"

I'm quite lucky in that my dad has really come through for me recently even though my mother has not. So yeah I'm okay, I have a new future ahead of me to look forward to. I hope you are okay too

Good to hear this new future "

Thanks, trying to join the navy

over a year ago

"

I'm quite lucky in that my dad has really come through for me recently even though my mother has not. So yeah I'm okay, I have a new future ahead of me to look forward to. I hope you are okay too "

I'm glad to hear you've got your dad and you're ok! And thank you, I'm ok.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Ive had problems and the lockdown hasnt really changed my situation. Ot helps that the pubs arw shut as i was slippong a bit with alcohol "

Sorry to hear this, it's good to be able to talk about these things.

Post new Message to Thread