Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any VR gamers out there?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone into VR gaming here? Currently have a PSVR and an Oculus Quest. Just downloaded the Iron Man demo on PSVR and it is amazing, going to be a must have game.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

I love playing VR games. I have a rift.

over a year ago

Do you find that one you've played VR and you do back to normal games, they just feel "lacking" lol

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Yup, got a HTC vive pro

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Do you find that one you've played VR and you do back to normal games, they just feel "lacking" lol"

Absolutely. I hope VR really takes off. It's the next step in gaming, a massive game changer. It's the immersion you get. Sometimes it's so powerful I can't play. Resident Evil for example was just too much.

By *aughtycrazzyMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

HTC Vive been playing Half life Alyssa and loving it!

over a year ago

Would love to play half life on the Quest, but my laptop is so old, it's got Jesus's login details on it so I can't use it for link. Ah well lol

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

I have the oculus quest and planning upgrading to oculus quest 2 later this year.

Maybe someone should set up a swingers vr chat room

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Tried it for the first time last weekend and I’m converting now. May get the Oculus, been watching a few YouTube videos about it

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

I would wait until the oculus quest 2 is out then either get that one or give it a little bit longer when people start selling the first one... Like me

over a year ago

if they get it sorted for msoft flight simulator it would be really something

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

Definitely... Not played that in years but it would be be good

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Yep I've got a HTC Vive, Half Life Alyx is an incredible VR experience! Hopefully more games of that quality will be coming in the future

By *irenGuy70Man
over a year ago

Cirencester

"if they get it sorted for msoft flight simulator it would be really something"

That would be amazing. I have a couple of flight sims on my PSVR and they are incredibly immersive, but a bit on the 'arcadey' side.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I've tried it and loved it, an Oculus Rift S is next on my list

By *ongLaster15Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Beat saber is a classic but Onward is my go to at the mo!

By *H2002Couple
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

We’ve had the Oculus quest since launch, great piece of kit. So much choice, and you can play PC be games too.

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

Me too, I have enjoyed the table tennis, pokerstars, beatsaber just to name a few then there is racket nx or something like that.

And holopoint is a good one to check out been playing that a lot at the moment. The only thing I have not yet tried to actually playing against someone I know like in table tennis.. Now that is where vr is special

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

My Oculus 2 due to arrive this afternoon at 2pm. Anyone else ordered it or got it already?

over a year ago

"My Oculus 2 due to arrive this afternoon at 2pm. Anyone else ordered it or got it already? "

At the moment I'm not fussed about getting a Quest 2, happy to wait for a while as everything on the Quest will still work. Albeit not as clear though lol. It dies seem that a lot of people are saying the Q2 is not comfortable and are ordering a new strap for it

over a year ago

Lincoln

"My Oculus 2 due to arrive this afternoon at 2pm. Anyone else ordered it or got it already? "

No but I will be

over a year ago

Grabbed the PS5 Pre-order (luckily_ and likely grabbing the PSVR2.

IT was good before, but now its going to be ridiculously good.

over a year ago

"Grabbed the PS5 Pre-order (luckily_ and likely grabbing the PSVR2.

IT was good before, but now its going to be ridiculously good."

My only worry was that when they did the launch last month there wasn't anything that blew me away. Saying that, I'll still get a PS5 anyway, just not on launch day

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"My Oculus 2 due to arrive this afternoon at 2pm. Anyone else ordered it or got it already?

At the moment I'm not fussed about getting a Quest 2, happy to wait for a while as everything on the Quest will still work. Albeit not as clear though lol. It dies seem that a lot of people are saying the Q2 is not comfortable and are ordering a new strap for it "

I’ll give you a better idea of the comfort later, I watched a YouTube video and the guy said it would be fine for 2 hours, the amount of gaming you can do within charges.

over a year ago

"My Oculus 2 due to arrive this afternoon at 2pm. Anyone else ordered it or got it already?

At the moment I'm not fussed about getting a Quest 2, happy to wait for a while as everything on the Quest will still work. Albeit not as clear though lol. It dies seem that a lot of people are saying the Q2 is not comfortable and are ordering a new strap for it

I’ll give you a better idea of the comfort later, I watched a YouTube video and the guy said it would be fine for 2 hours, the amount of gaming you can do within charges.

"

I have a battery pack that I've used on the quest 1, clipped it to the back of the strap so that it's balanced better, which worked for a while but then the quest just decided not to charge with it one day. It will happily charge everything else though which is a bit weird.

over a year ago

Lincoln

I have a battery pack that I've used on the quest 1, clipped it to the back of the strap so that it's balanced better, which worked for a while but then the quest just decided not to charge with it one day. It will happily charge everything else though which is a bit weird. "

I'd heard the Quest 2 wasn't as comfortable as the 1 out of the box so I was looking at getting the carry case/ battery strap bundle too

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

Not sure if I will get the ps5, I had every playstation upto ps4 but hardly played it so sold it before the price drops... I mostly play vr and retro games.. Got a bartop arcade, raspberry pi 4 with 1tb of games from atari to ps1 and psp

And an original c64 case with a raspberry pi 3 inside just got the c64 and amiga games

Oh and I got a spectrum 48 with the raspberry pi 1 inside but plan to update that one day.

over a year ago

Have a quest 1, passing on quest 2 for now as I'm planning a PC upgrade so I can use link and virtual desktop to play HL:Alyx, SW Squadrons and Medal of Honor

over a year ago

Of course we are VR gamers. Have the oculus quest paired with a gaming computer and the thrust master controls for squadrons

By *inks_apeyCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Of course we are VR gamers. Have the oculus quest paired with a gaming computer and the thrust master controls for squadrons "

Squadrons for the win too.. ThrustMaster T-16000M and occy here too (not quest though)

By *inks_apeyCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Have a quest 1, passing on quest 2 for now as I'm planning a PC upgrade so I can use link and virtual desktop to play HL:Alyx, SW Squadrons and Medal of Honor "

This occy I have will be the last, with the whole Facebook thing coming in on oculus devices.. Don't have a fb account, don't want one... So vive or whatever is best next time

By *ent in BlackMan
over a year ago

Silsden

"Anyone into VR gaming here? Currently have a PSVR and an Oculus Quest. Just downloaded the Iron Man demo on PSVR and it is amazing, going to be a must have game. "

I’ve always fancied it, but I’m not very good at computer games and worried I’d just get bored and have it all sat in a corner.

over a year ago

Not sure the headsets would aggravate me after a while plus how do they interact with glass wearers

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Unless its a scantily clad woman playing beat sabre Im not interested!

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

"Not sure the headsets would aggravate me after a while plus how do they interact with glass wearers "

You can buy pieces that slot in the headset for people who wear glasses

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

psvr is fine with glasses on

By *inks_apeyCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Most of them work on with glasses, you can also get corrective lenses to fit to some of them or wear contacts

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Sorry not given an update on the Oculus. So observations so far from a non gamer.

The strap is fine, it gives enough support.

I watched a film on Prime Vr so had the device on my face for 90 minutes no problem.

The setup is very easy and demonstration on how to use the device is easily understood.

I’m downloading a game today or tomorrow as I’ve just been going on free stuff currently. But game play is fantastic on the few I’ve tried.

So it’s a so far

over a year ago

Got a PSVR and quest 1, it played on the PSVR for a while, not many games that grab my attention, static is a very good game for it, the quest I’m still looking for the games that grab me and I can play for hours, I’m not one for the horror type games, my laptop maybe able to run the link cable but I haven’t tried yet, it’s on the lower end of the minimum and can’t run any other VR but it might just manage the quest

By *heCheekyDevilMan
over a year ago

Sunderland

yup, Half Life Alyx is awesome

over a year ago

Unfortunately not as it gives me headaches

over a year ago

Playing Star Wars Squadrons on my Rift S....

It's jaw droppingly pretty, skirting along the top of a Star Destroyer inverted in my X-Wing is literally a childhood dream.

Only gutted the Devs have said there's going to be no more content for it. A Death Star mission would make my life (yes I'm sad I know)

over a year ago

He's playing Star Wars. ^

Post new Message to Thread