Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friend Invite

Jump to newest

By *..First OP   Man
over a year ago

london

When I view a profile that I like, I always send a friend invite. It does two things at the same time, shows that i find their profile appealing and once connected, i am more able to see their posts and engage with them.

Why are some people precious about not sending a friend invite before you have chatted? I understand that some people keep more revealing pics in their private gallery which may be a reason but other than that?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Because a stranger isn't my friend?

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

It's kinda lazy.

Also, privacy.

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I think it’s a bit presumptive. Perhaps if you hotlist people first you will still get their updates.

I ignore friend invites from people I haven’t engaged with.

By *ateniteCouple
over a year ago

Youghal

As above, but then if you do go on to meet for a social and it doesn't work out, there is the awkward moment when you have to remove them as a friend.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

In the words of the late, great Neil Peart, "I can't pretend this stranger is a long-awaited friend"

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

It’s a privilege for the people I actually met and I like my friends list neat and tidy

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hate pushy friend invite.

Jumping to conclusion its acceptable because for example we engaged couple of times on forum or had one private conversation, that I should allow you one step further? Nah.

over a year ago

Just because I fancy them and want to ‘connect’ doesn’t mean they do. So I wait until I get to know them a bit

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Wink is I like what I see. Hot list is bookmarking posts.

By *edbeardyCouple
over a year ago

Rothley

We keep face pics in our friends only pics, we only want people to see us if we have made a connection with them. We will always ignore people who send friend invites without talking first and we do block people for it sometimes too.

over a year ago

Maybe we look into some things a little too deeply? However honestly? If a cute girl winked at me at Asda(for example) and I she's my type(we all have a 'type') then definitely. Here's my number! It's just dating. Chill be happy.

By *LawMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I usually just add to hotlist instead of sending a friend invite if I want to see their posts.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Maybe we look into some things a little too deeply? However honestly? If a cute girl winked at me at Asda(for example) and I she's my type(we all have a 'type') then definitely. Here's my number! It's just dating. Chill be happy. "

I'm chilled. I just don't want unsolicited friend requests and will ignore them

over a year ago

Because we ain’t friends?

over a year ago

"In the words of the late, great Neil Peart, "I can't pretend this stranger is a long-awaited friend" "

What a great quote, from The Doctor on the drums and a fabulous lyricist. Great song too

There are many people who I have chatted to for years who aren’t on my Friends list, I don’t think many use it in the way you do, but there are some. Good luck in finding friends in that way. I like to chat to people And know a bit about them before I’ll even consider a friend request.

over a year ago

Cause it just comes across as opportunistic and you just want to look at their friend photos, it’s also pretty rude not to at least message first

over a year ago

"Cause it just comes across as opportunistic and you just want to look at their friend photos, it’s also pretty rude not to at least message first "

This, plus it's very presumptuous (my pet hate).

If single girls accepted every friend request they got it would break their fab account

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't accept friend invites from people I haven't chatted to.Most of them want is to see your friends pics anyhow and never chat.

over a year ago

I rarely send a friend invite although for those I do or would I'd certainly ask first.

By *aughtyloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

"Cause it just comes across as opportunistic and you just want to look at their friend photos, it’s also pretty rude not to at least message first "

This ??

Also they can’t have read our profile

over a year ago

this

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Because I have pictures in there that I only want my friends to have free access to, Im not giving all and sundry a perv on my particulars

over a year ago

"Because we ain’t friends?"

This.

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple
over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

It's rude and lazy. Strangers are not friends until we've chatted and have something we want to continue chatting about.

over a year ago

Its just lazy and an excuse to try and see your private gallery. I've never understood why people do it.

over a year ago

Just because you like my profile and want to be friends with me, doesn't mean I like your profile and want to be friends with you.

over a year ago

we don't like friends requests from people that haven't even initially messaged us to chat and generally delete the requests these generally come from single males but not always

Personally we would rather chat for a bit 1st then maybe one we have chatted for a bit then send friends requests

over a year ago

"we don't like friends requests from people that haven't even initially messaged us to chat and generally delete the requests

"

We keep them as when they are deleted they can be sent again

Of course that can be stopped by blocking unsolicited friend requesters as well which can happen sometimes

over a year ago

Random friend requests are ignored and left sit so can't request again. I chat to plenty of people here and I'm not friends with them.

I usually only add friends when I've met or chatted a good bit but than again if I haven't chatted in a while I clear out.

over a year ago

Just out of curiosity OP do many people accept your friends request?

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I only normally accept friend requests from friends and people I might meet.

I think my question to the OP would be:

Why would I accept a friend request from someone I haven't even exchanged messages with?

over a year ago

"I only normally accept friend requests from friends and people I might meet.

I think my question to the OP would be:

Why would I accept a friend request from someone I haven't even exchanged messages with?"

^^^^^^ this all day long.

It’s just simple manners to at least engage Some format of conversation with someone first before sending a friend request.

over a year ago

"Because a stranger isn't my friend?"

Exactly!!!

over a year ago

We don’t accept invites from people we haven’t chatted to or people we’ve only exchanged a few messages with. The photos we have in our friends only album is exactly that, friends only.

L x

over a year ago

Because sadly so many men will become my friends then view my pics and that's the end of the communication. Whilst before I add them they are constantly chatting.

A few have even admitted they only want to see my friends only pics. I only add when I trust as I've face pics x

over a year ago

It’s all about the rude pics *really* innit?

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Sending unsolicited friend requests does open you up to the possibility of them being accepted, snooped and unfriended whilst you're offline.

Sneaky

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"When I view a profile that I like, I always send a friend invite. It does two things at the same time, shows that i find their profile appealing and once connected, i am more able to see their posts and engage with them.

Why are some people precious about not sending a friend invite before you have chatted? I understand that some people keep more revealing pics in their private gallery which may be a reason but other than that? "

That's a bit like walking up to a total stranger in the street and asking if they'd like to be your friend.

Why would anyone want to accept a friend request from someone they've never met?

Presumptuous, nosey and a bit weird.

By *ornyhappyCouple
over a year ago

perth

Our friends list is only for people who we have actually met.

K

Post new Message to Thread