Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Quarantine hobbies

Jump to newest

By *elshyXO OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I don’t know about anyone else but quarantine has manifested itself in the arrival of some new hobbies. For me it’s been in the garden - which did need doing - but im now really, really into it. What started off as a lick of paint on the decking has been a total rework of the garden, building planters, cultivating & all the rest. Ive even downloaded an app to help me organise & keep on top of it. Its quite alien to me too because when it comes to gardening im normally the bringsr of death to all living foliage!

Has anyone else developed some new hobbies or interests they never previously ca_ed for?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Doing the splits

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Swimming

By *elshyXO OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Swimming"

Ah, I actually love swimming. A great honby to have as it goes

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

"I don’t know about anyone else but quarantine has manifested itself in the arrival of some new hobbies. For me it’s been in the garden - which did need doing - but im now really, really into it. What started off as a lick of paint on the decking has been a total rework of the garden, building planters, cultivating & all the rest. Ive even downloaded an app to help me organise & keep on top of it. Its quite alien to me too because when it comes to gardening im normally the bringsr of death to all living foliage!

Has anyone else developed some new hobbies or interests they never previously ca_ed for?"

Not much different than yours I also made a pathway addition to your list

By *elshyXO OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"I don’t know about anyone else but quarantine has manifested itself in the arrival of some new hobbies. For me it’s been in the garden - which did need doing - but im now really, really into it. What started off as a lick of paint on the decking has been a total rework of the garden, building planters, cultivating & all the rest. Ive even downloaded an app to help me organise & keep on top of it. Its quite alien to me too because when it comes to gardening im normally the bringsr of death to all living foliage!

Has anyone else developed some new hobbies or interests they never previously ca_ed for?

Not much different than yours I also made a pathway addition to your list "

Now youre just showing off! I must admit when it comes to the two storey laurel bush in the front ive admitted defeat & the gardener is coming to do that, but a lick of paint in behind & a new planter (ive already built & painted that because im so keen) & it’ll look grand.

Even got some lavendar for the bees because im nice like that

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

Same here. We have been doing slot of gardening and house decorating. We have grown, radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, parsley, mint, thyme, lavander, strawberries and various pansies and other flowery plants.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Sitting on my arse watching TV....... on wait that's an old one

Jigsaw, haven't done them in years, dusted some of and getting frustrated all over again.

By *elshyXO OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Same here. We have been doing slot of gardening and house decorating. We have grown, radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, parsley, mint, thyme, lavander, strawberries and various pansies and other flowery plants. "

Thats some list. I’d love to do a vegetable patch but ive gone a bit colour crazy & ran out of room!

By *elshyXO OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Sitting on my arse watching TV....... on wait that's an old one

Jigsaw, haven't done them in years, dusted some of and getting frustrated all over again."

Seen a few people on instagram doing it - someonw I know did a colour wheel chart, was well over 2000 pieces too. Patience of a saint!

By *edMan
over a year ago

cambridgeshire

It's been a chance to repair the model aircraft I crashed previously

As lockdown eases I can go out and crash them all over again

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've focused more on writing, learning languages, and singing. The singing is new

Post new Message to Thread