Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blind dates

Jump to newest

By *rad_ell12 OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Hi all,

Once the option becomes available, I'm very much considering doing something like a blind date or some speed dating stuff. Wondered if anyone has experienced it or has any advice for it?

Can't really go worse than my previous dating history in fairness

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't the friend of my friend Marc did it and he ended up pregnant.

over a year ago

I’ve had a few blind dates that my friends have set up. One worked out, the others made me question if my friends even know me

By *rad_ell12 OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"I’ve had a few blind dates that my friends have set up. One worked out, the others made me question if my friends even know me "

Haha 1 out of how many though? To be honest with the way my dating life has taken a dramatic turn since the start of 2020 I'd take a 1 in 100 chance

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I did speed dating once and had an absolute ball.

Sadly my favourite of the guys I met was as speedy in bed as he was on the dating.

If you decide to go for it spend some time before the event thinking about how you'll get your personality across in two minutes, because by the time you've introduced yourself your time is half up.

The one I went to had a time limit of 8 minutes (random I know), so 2 minutes each for introduction, 4 minutes of actual conversation. My introduction was waffly and full of "erm... yeah... so...", not exactly a good sales pitch.

If I was doing it again I'd definitely come up with something beforehand!

By *rad_ell12 OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"I did speed dating once and had an absolute ball.

Sadly my favourite of the guys I met was as speedy in bed as he was on the dating.

If you decide to go for it spend some time before the event thinking about how you'll get your personality across in two minutes, because by the time you've introduced yourself your time is half up.

The one I went to had a time limit of 8 minutes (random I know), so 2 minutes each for introduction, 4 minutes of actual conversation. My introduction was waffly and full of "erm... yeah... so...", not exactly a good sales pitch.

If I was doing it again I'd definitely come up with something beforehand!"

Interesting, never thought about that! Suppose it puts a bit of pressure to skip the small talk!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I had a blind date once whilst waiting for my date to turn up, he said my name to me at the bar and had to introduce himself as he looked nothing like his profile photos, a hasty exit for me then ensued

over a year ago

I've been on so many blind dates. I should get a free dog.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Always wanted to try speed dating. Last year someone up here organised a speed dating social but i was able to go. Think it went down pretty well with fabbers.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"I had a blind date once whilst waiting for my date to turn up, he said my name to me at the bar and had to introduce himself as he looked nothing like his profile photos, a hasty exit for me then ensued "

Not quite a blind date but someone I met off a dating site didn't think to mention he was a dwarf. It was a very uncomfortable ten minute date.

By *rad_ell12 OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"I had a blind date once whilst waiting for my date to turn up, he said my name to me at the bar and had to introduce himself as he looked nothing like his profile photos, a hasty exit for me then ensued "

I've had that happen to me using tinder before, but through a virtual date at the start of lockdown, I couldn't get away!

By *rad_ell12 OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Think I may give it a whirl when the opportunity arrises, if nothing it will be a laugh! Both speed and blind dating, I've been cat fished twice already and ghosted enough times so I'm hoping it can only get better!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Thought a blind date was meeting someone without seeing any pics

Post new Message to Thread