Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why are you unhappy?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

At least you have two children for company and are not alone.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Sorry to read this OP, that must be difficult. There's always various chats going on in the forum - if you click with someone, they or you might want to move it to PM. Sending you hugs.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Yes, me too

Recently split from the woman I thought I would end up marrying, no kids, living alone and working in a small office. On my own....

over a year ago

"Single dad of 2 children lonely and unhappy

Just looking for chats and hopefully meets when this is over"

Sorry for your present emotional state. If you want it may (or may not) help to share why. Others may be able to help if they've been through the same. Good luck.

over a year ago

"Sorry to read this OP, that must be difficult. There's always various chats going on in the forum - if you click with someone, they or you might want to move it to PM. Sending you hugs. "

This. Good one Meli!

over a year ago

"Yes, me too

Recently split from the woman I thought I would end up marrying, no kids, living alone and working in a small office. On my own.... "

Hugs for you too buddy!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"At least you have two children for company and are not alone. "

9 and 7 year olds

Plus there mum passed away

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Loneliness is hard and in the current situation even harder.

I hope you make some connections on here. The forum can be a bit harsh sometimes but join in and see where it takes you

over a year ago

"At least you have two children for company and are not alone.

9 and 7 year olds

Plus there mum passed away "

That is sad. Stay strong bud! Stay strong for the kids!

over a year ago

9 and 7 year olds

Plus there mum passed away

That is sad. Stay strong bud! Stay strong for the kids!"

Thanks mate

over a year ago

I feel your pain op I'm.a single dad of 5 young children and it's tough and with the things are at the moment things can be even harder. There are some lovely people on the forums and on fab in general that will go out of their way to chat to you and help you to feel included and chat to you. I hope you find some fun and friends on here. Chin up and I'll send u a virtual man hug to go with it

over a year ago

I know it's just people lead me on then drop me

over a year ago

I know it's just people lead me on then drop me "

I'm sure this is simply your emotional perception. Think of it this way, it's them assessing you're not for them and although it results in the same thing it's not. In your "right" mind, you wouldn't want people to stay "friends" cos they feel sorry for you.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I know it's just people lead me on then drop me "

Maybe change your thinking around chatting to people on here. Don't go into a chat with any expectations, people will pass the time of day with you but it might go no further than that. They aren't leading you on.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I know it's just people lead me on then drop me

I'm sure this is simply your emotional perception. Think of it this way, it's them assessing you're not for them and although it results in the same thing it's not. In your "right" mind, you wouldn't want people to stay "friends" cos they feel sorry for you. "

this is good advice. On here is very different to dating. Feeling lonely is never good though and losing a partner is hard. You miss them but you have to keep going for your kids.

Remember there will be plenty of people feeling the same.. and there are support groups out there.

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

You dont have to be single,to be lonely . There nothing worse than being lonely but finding someone isnt necessary gonna make you not lonely big hugs

over a year ago

9 and 7 year olds

Plus there mum passed away "

sorry to hear she passed away

over a year ago

poor you I would comfort you you look lovely

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"You dont have to be single,to be lonely . There nothing worse than being lonely but finding someone isnt necessary gonna make you not lonely big hugs "
this is true. I was my loneliest in my last marriage. I dont feel lonely now most of the time and ive lived alone for over 13 years now

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I was lonely and then I bought a blow-up doll “Betty”, everyday I position her in a different place in the house (sometimes at the kitchen sink, sometimes stood by the ironing board, or close to the oven, occasionally by the sewing machine).

When I purchased “Betty” I also bought a large number of post-it notes and every evening I write some nagging messages (“put the bins out”, “clear up the shed”, “fix the tap in the bathroom” or “stop leaving your socks lying everywhere”).

Although “Betty” and I do not communicate as well as I had first envisioned, with long bouts of silence, and the sex is rather pedestrian, I feel we have achieved what others call “marital bliss” and I am therefore content.

over a year ago

"I was lonely and then I bought a blow-up doll “Betty”, everyday I position her in a different place in the house (sometimes at the kitchen sink, sometimes stood by the ironing board, or close to the oven, occasionally by the sewing machine).

When I purchased “Betty” I also bought a large number of post-it notes and every evening I write some nagging messages (“put the bins out”, “clear up the shed”, “fix the tap in the bathroom” or “stop leaving your socks lying everywhere”).

Although “Betty” and I do not communicate as well as I had first envisioned, with long bouts of silence, and the sex is rather pedestrian, I feel we have achieved what others call “marital bliss” and I am therefore content. "

over a year ago

Always happy to chat if it helps to make someone smile xx

over a year ago

Didn't want to start a new thread

over a year ago

"I was lonely and then I bought a blow-up doll “Betty”, everyday I position her in a different place in the house (sometimes at the kitchen sink, sometimes stood by the ironing board, or close to the oven, occasionally by the sewing machine).

Although “Betty” and I do not communicate as well as I had first envisioned, with long bouts of silence, and the sex is rather pedestrian, I feel we have achieved what others call “marital bliss” and I am therefore content. "

By *uyfrombristolMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Hi, sorry if I'm a bit late to this, but I just wanted to say don't be afraid to reach out to people.

Having kids is by no means a reason to be be lonely. It's a completely different dynamic. I have a five year old whom I love to death, but he in no way deminishes my need for adult contact. Nor should you feel guilty for feeling the same (honestly, people whose dating profiles say my kids are my world creep me out).

I appreciate I'm not a big titted blonde with an arse that tastes like French vanilla ice cream, but if you're ever feeling low give me a shout.

If anyone doubts my motivations (which let's face it, someone will), a friend of mine took his own life because he didn't feel he could talk to anyone, so I'm acutely aware of the need to commune.

Post new Message to Thread