Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bloody smoke alarms

Jump to newest

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

I don't smoke alarms are a great safety item and I have them all around my house and I think this is one of the problems, just been cooking bacon and sausage and the blasted things gone off again , Open the front door to a couple of my neighbours making sure I was okay bless them ,,, not sure whether they would've been here before the lockdown started ? Makes you wonder, I think they were really after some bacon

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s usually a heat alarm In the kitchen , not smoke.

Ours is a nightmare... new build. When it goes off , close internal doors, open fridge and freezer doors, open kitchen windows / back door and press a damp tea towel on it , stops it quite fast

If it’s doing it all the time when cooking like ours just pop a piece of cling film over it when cooking , but don’t forget to take it off! hang a bottle top or label so as not to forget

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This usually happens when I cook bacon. My neighbous know me well.

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"It’s usually a heat alarm In the kitchen , not smoke.

Ours is a nightmare... new build. When it goes off , close internal doors, open fridge and freezer doors, open kitchen windows / back door and press a damp tea towel on it , stops it quite fast

If it’s doing it all the time when cooking like ours just pop a piece of cling film over it when cooking , but don’t forget to take it off! hang a bottle top or label so as not to forget "

haven't got one in the kitchen it's a hallway one I forgot to forgot to close the kitchen door and open the window, and like a fool I left the extractor fan off which I do quite often

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"This usually happens when I cook bacon. My neighbous know me well. "
that's exactly it, bacon course is such a smoke

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some alarms are not meant to be installed in the kitchens. You're supposed to have heat detectors in the kitchen. Whereas 'smoke' detectors are in all other areas of the house/building but the kitchen. Basically you've got the wrong type. Sorry I'm an electrician I've fitted and installated loads of these in commercial buildings. But it's the same for domestic. Google it. That's why there are so many faulse call outs by the fire services

By *lice MaliceWoman
over a year ago

The Facility

"

If it’s doing it all the time when cooking like ours just pop a piece of cling film over it when cooking , but don’t forget to take it off! hang a bottle top or label so as not to forget "

Shower caps are great for doing this, especially the ones you get free in hotels.

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"Some alarms are not meant to be installed in the kitchens. You're supposed to have heat detectors in the kitchen. Whereas 'smoke' detectors are in all other areas of the house/building but the kitchen. Basically you've got the wrong type. Sorry I'm an electrician I've fitted and installated loads of these in commercial buildings. But it's the same for domestic. Google it. That's why there are so many faulse call outs by the fire services"
yes haven't got one in my kitchen as I stated to the last poster, forgot to open my windows and Forgot to put the extractor fan on forgot to put the extractor fan on , hallway smoke alarm went off when every other alarm went off as they are interlinked lol ,

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"

If it’s doing it all the time when cooking like ours just pop a piece of cling film over it when cooking , but don’t forget to take it off! hang a bottle top or label so as not to forget

Shower caps are great for doing this, especially the ones you get free in hotels."

that's a good idea

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Now i want a crispy bacon sarnie not the bowl of yogurt and raspberries which I currently have

Jo x

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"Now i want a crispy bacon sarnie not the bowl of yogurt and raspberries which I currently have

Jo x "

sorry I've eaten it all x , just think of all the calories you'll be saving xxx

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Now i want a crispy bacon sarnie not the bowl of yogurt and raspberries which I currently have

Jo x sorry I've eaten it all x , just think of all the calories you'll be saving xxx "

That a hint that I should be

X

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

Noooo not at all xxxx trust me , I should of let you have the bacon and me the yoghurt

Post new Message to Thread