Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Something you remember from childhood.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

when i was four my mam bought me a brand new bike.i was keen to ride it.my nan took me out on it. At that time i lived in a small village with not a lot of traffic or people about.anyway this day i was on my bike when i stopped for a moment.my nan moved the bike over onto the grass so it woudnt fall onto the road. To this day i still remember a car pulling up.a man with a long coat and a trilby hat got out.as fast as he could he took the bike and as quickly as possible put it in the boot of hes car.i was crying.my nan was shouting 'here that's the bairn's bike' needless to say he didnt care.he gave my nan a horrible look.then as fast as he could got into hes car and drove away.my mother wasnt very happy when we told her what had happened. Looking back he was a very cunning sly man.i have never forgotten that day in 1964.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did they have cars then?

over a year ago

One I wont ever forget was 1978, I was still awake and there was a knock at the door. It was 11pm. My mam answered and said I think your husband is dead on the road, she ran out and I did too. He was not responding in the road and we found out he was so pissed he fell out of a taxi and smashed his head. The taxi drove off. I just stood there numb and unable to move. He was rushed to hospital where he spent a few days.

Sadly that wasnt my last bad memory and wish I could forget it

over a year ago

Mine are mostly depressing..dont want to think about that first thing on a monday morning..

Post new Message to Thread