FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

since i know there are a few wrestling fans out there....

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

fantastic question on posed on twitter at the moment.... and i know a few of you know your history....

so.... "mt.rushmore" of british and irish wrestling please?......

my 4 in no order...

1) William Regal

2) Dave fit findlay

3) Dynamite Kid

4) Adrian Street

..... there were so many names i considered....i think i could have suggest another 8-10 names and made an arguement....

so..... discuss.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Davey boy Smith surely has a place

By *and2aCouple
over a year ago

aberdeen

We think you are in the wrong website.....the one you want is “question of sport”

over a year ago

Don't read it then

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We think you are in the wrong website.....the one you want is “question of sport”"

as normal theres always the "piss in your conflakes" crowd....

it normally doesn't take this short a time to find out who the "moodhoover" is....

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Davey boy Smith surely has a place"

he was one of the names i was thinking of absolutely... dynamite was the way more talented of the bulldogs...

over a year ago

Dangerous Delores. She knows who she is...

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Davy boy is finally going to be put on the wall of fame bout time

over a year ago

All I really know about is AEW...

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

Dave Finley and skull Murphy

Alan kilby

Marty Jones

Klondike kate

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"All I really know about is AEW..."

Not sure kip sabian is quite on the mt rushmore just yet

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

I missed a lot of the older british guys, so my list may be very very different to everyone elses, and to be honest there would be 1 or 2 from britian

over a year ago

"All I really know about is AEW...

Not sure kip sabian is quite on the mt rushmore just yet "

Oh my god, Kip Sabian does my head in.

Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) and Kenny Omega though.

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) and Kenny Omega though. "

I live in my kenny omega hoody! Kip Sabian is annoying but penelepe ford

over a year ago

1 Drew Mcintyre

2 Drew Mcintyre

3 Drew Mcintyre

4 Drew Mcintyre

over a year ago

I live in my kenny omega hoody! Kip Sabian is annoying but penelepe ford "

Omega is a babe! I've only discovered AEW since lockdown started but I've caught up on a lot since.

Ford annoys me most of the time, as does Sabian and Havoc. But I think it was on last week's Dark that Havoc was fighting with the other two backing him up. I enjoyed that.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"1 Drew Mcintyre

2 Drew Mcintyre

3 Drew Mcintyre

4 Drew Mcintyre

"

nope.... although did consider him at one point....

besides i would have in seamus before i'd have in drew.....

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Omega is a babe! I've only discovered AEW since lockdown started but I've caught up on a lot since.

Ford annoys me most of the time, as does Sabian and Havoc. But I think it was on last week's Dark that Havoc was fighting with the other two backing him up. I enjoyed that."

Omega is by far one of the best I've watched wrestle! Yeah as a trio they annoy me a fair bit to be fair! If you've yet to watch the lucha bros, you are in for a massive treat! Absolutly mind blowingly good!

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

my other list of potential though was intersting...

johnny saint, mark rollerball rocco, haystacks, marty jones, jim breaks, mick mcmanus... then you have the new breed like will osprey, ZSJ, neville/pac, paige, marty scurll, nigel mcguiness

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Ford annoys me most of the time, as does Sabian and Havoc. But I think it was on last week's Dark that Havoc was fighting with the other two backing him up. I enjoyed that.

Omega is by far one of the best I've watched wrestle! Yeah as a trio they annoy me a fair bit to be fair! If you've yet to watch the lucha bros, you are in for a massive treat! Absolutly mind blowingly good!"

Omega/Okada 3 in NJPW may be the best wrestling match i have every seen... 70 minute classic!!!!

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Omega is by far one of the best I've watched wrestle! Yeah as a trio they annoy me a fair bit to be fair! If you've yet to watch the lucha bros, you are in for a massive treat! Absolutly mind blowingly good!

Omega/Okada 3 in NJPW may be the best wrestling match i have every seen... 70 minute classic!!!!"

I've heard so much about the Omega/Okada matches, think I need an evening put aside....

over a year ago

I think Becky lynch has been the best to come out of the U.K. in a long time.

That botched punch from Nia around survivor series created a star and saw her pushed to the moon.

The man gimmick has been brilliant.

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"I think Becky lynch has been the best to come out of the U.K. in a long time.

That botched punch from Nia around survivor series created a star and saw her pushed to the moon.

The man gimmick has been brilliant. "

The mom now....

over a year ago

Omega is by far one of the best I've watched wrestle! Yeah as a trio they annoy me a fair bit to be fair! If you've yet to watch the lucha bros, you are in for a massive treat! Absolutly mind blowingly good!"

Have you seen the Omega Moxley non-sanctioned match? Barbed wire was involved. If you've seen it you can't really forget it...

PS. Britt Baker is a real dentist.

over a year ago

In reverse order..

4 William Regal

3 Mick McManus

2 Big Daddy

1 Giant Haystacks

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Have you seen the Omega Moxley non-sanctioned match? Barbed wire was involved. If you've seen it you can't really forget it...

PS. Britt Baker is a real dentist."

Yeah I remember that! I remember the dirty deeds through the glass table more though, ohh really? I wasn't sure on that.... speaking of annoying wrestlers....

over a year ago

Yeah I remember that! I remember the dirty deeds through the glass table more though, ohh really? I wasn't sure on that.... speaking of annoying wrestlers...."

I have a soft spot for her. First thing I saw ever on Dynamite was her having her nose broken and still fighting on. Can't help but like her after that

I like the Young Bucks and Jurassic Express as far as teams go.

By *iscean MaleMan
over a year ago

Darlaston

I found kendo nagasaki intriguing.

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

"I found kendo nagasaki intriguing."
Peter is a nice.bloke he opened a retreat for the lads coming back from Afghanistan

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Yeah I remember that! I remember the dirty deeds through the glass table more though, ohh really? I wasn't sure on that.... speaking of annoying wrestlers....

I have a soft spot for her. First thing I saw ever on Dynamite was her having her nose broken and still fighting on. Can't help but like her after that

I like the Young Bucks and Jurassic Express as far as teams go."

I struggle with her, she tends to bore me a lot haha. With the whole dentist thing, which I suppose as a bad guy is her job. Young Bucks are amazing to watch! The tag match at Revolution with them and Omega/Page was another brilliant match! Luchasaurus shouldn't be able to do the things he can! But to me there is no one better as a team than the Lucha Bros, every time they wrestle, there is something that makes you go WOW!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

You've got to have some Big Daddy in there. Davey boy Smith. Pat roach since he's local. Fit Finlay.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"We think you are in the wrong website.....the one you want is “question of sport”"

We think you're in the wrong forum...the one you want is "swingers chat".

It's the next option down underneath the lounge.

over a year ago

Whats Wade barret doing these days? Guy could be in movies if they cant afford Gerald Butler.

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"Whats Wade barret doing these days? Guy could be in movies if they cant afford Gerald Butler."

Funnily enough, that's exactly what he's doing haha! Movies and a few indie things

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Omega/Okada 3 in NJPW may be the best wrestling match i have every seen... 70 minute classic!!!!

I've heard so much about the Omega/Okada matches, think I need an evening put aside...."

the "trilogy" is fantastic... at the time you just went in thinking the first match was fantastic..... the 2nd match could never be better than the first..... and then they could never top the 2nd with the 3rd!!!

if you want to see a fantastic modern day british wrestling match look for will ospreay vs marty scurll either for the TV title in ROH, or the match they had in RevPro...

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

I've heard so much about the Omega/Okada matches, think I need an evening put aside....

the "trilogy" is fantastic... at the time you just went in thinking the first match was fantastic..... the 2nd match could never be better than the first..... and then they could never top the 2nd with the 3rd!!!

if you want to see a fantastic modern day british wrestling match look for will ospreay vs marty scurll either for the TV title in ROH, or the match they had in RevPro...

"

I have a confession.....

I've never watched a Marty Scurll match....

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Has to be a mention for Brian Glover, Catweazle and Jackie Pallo surely?

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I have a confession.....

I've never watched a Marty Scurll match.... "

how very dare you!!!!! marty in Bullet club was fantastic... i miss him in "Being the Elite"

best intro music in current wrestling!!!

okay.. may i point you in the direction then of also Marty Scurll vs Nick Aldis for the NWA World title at the last crockett cup....

actually i think Aldis/Magnus is underrated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0T6TER3nA

By *adlyDeeplyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Mick McManus.. the bad boy. Giant Haystacks of course and Shirley Crabtree.. the bid daddy of them all..

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"

I have a confession.....

I've never watched a Marty Scurll match....

how very dare you!!!!! marty in Bullet club was fantastic... i miss him in "Being the Elite"

best intro music in current wrestling!!!

okay.. may i point you in the direction then of also Marty Scurll vs Nick Aldis for the NWA World title at the last crockett cup....

actually i think Aldis/Magnus is underrated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0T6TER3nA "

I know, I'm a main stream bitch not really watched much of indie stuff or smaller promotions! I'll definitely give it a look, especially considering I have a feeling Scurll will end up in AEW at some point in the future

over a year ago

"fantastic question on posed on twitter at the moment.... and i know a few of you know your history....

so.... "mt.rushmore" of british and irish wrestling please?......

my 4 in no order...

1) William Regal

2) Dave fit findlay

3) Dynamite Kid

4) Adrian Street

..... there were so many names i considered....i think i could have suggest another 8-10 names and made an arguement....

so..... discuss....."

Deffo regal, so overlooked and misused!!

Not overly sure on the rest.

S

over a year ago

Nobody mentioned Grado?

The UKs own Dusty Rhodes

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Omega/Okada 3 in NJPW may be the best wrestling match i have every seen... 70 minute classic!!!!"

Hard agree.

over a year ago

Hard agree. "

You've absolutely no idea what they're talking about have you?...

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Omega/Okada 3 in NJPW may be the best wrestling match i have every seen... 70 minute classic!!!!

Hard agree.

You've absolutely no idea what they're talking about have you?... "

...I actually do, for once!

I miss NJPW, it's mad bastardry to the level that you don't even need to understand what is said to get it

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

"Omega/Okada 3 in NJPW may be the best wrestling match i have every seen... 70 minute classic!!!!

Hard agree.

I miss NJPW, it's mad bastardry to the level that you don't even need to understand what is said to get it "

Been tempted to watch NJPW for a while, is there any english commentary at all or just a mad ride?

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Hard agree.

I miss NJPW, it's mad bastardry to the level that you don't even need to understand what is said to get it

Been tempted to watch NJPW for a while, is there any english commentary at all or just a mad ride?"

Yeah, you can choose english commentary on the website. Used to be JR and Barnett, too.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Hard agree.

Been tempted to watch NJPW for a while, is there any english commentary at all or just a mad ride?"

okay... if we are going to induct you into New Japan gently before the Omega/Okada Trilogy....

try Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi in the final of the 2019 "best of the super juniors"....

then after that we have to get you introduced to the history of the Bullet Club.....

over a year ago

"Nobody mentioned Grado?

The UKs own Dusty Rhodes "

I’d love to go to an ICW event! They look a right

Laugh!

Grados entrance to Madonna is hilarious

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Hard agree.

Been tempted to watch NJPW for a while, is there any english commentary at all or just a mad ride?

okay... if we are going to induct you into New Japan gently before the Omega/Okada Trilogy....

try Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi in the final of the 2019 "best of the super juniors"....

then after that we have to get you introduced to the history of the Bullet Club..... "

I feel like this is a whole new world im opening up! Heard a lot about Will Ospreay and of course the Bullet Club, although not enough to know what the hell is going on with them, all I know is the likes of Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Omega and the Bucks have all been a product of them!

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Hard agree.

then after that we have to get you introduced to the history of the Bullet Club.....

I feel like this is a whole new world im opening up! Heard a lot about Will Ospreay and of course the Bullet Club, although not enough to know what the hell is going on with them, all I know is the likes of Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Omega and the Bucks have all been a product of them!"

https://youtu.be/UFb8Dxypi00

Start here

over a year ago

I struggle with her, she tends to bore me a lot haha. With the whole dentist thing, which I suppose as a bad guy is her job. Young Bucks are amazing to watch! The tag match at Revolution with them and Omega/Page was another brilliant match! Luchasaurus shouldn't be able to do the things he can! But to me there is no one better as a team than the Lucha Bros, every time they wrestle, there is something that makes you go WOW!"

The tag team match between YB & OP made me want to cry as I know they're all such good friends!

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

I struggle with her, she tends to bore me a lot haha. With the whole dentist thing, which I suppose as a bad guy is her job. Young Bucks are amazing to watch! The tag match at Revolution with them and Omega/Page was another brilliant match! Luchasaurus shouldn't be able to do the things he can! But to me there is no one better as a team than the Lucha Bros, every time they wrestle, there is something that makes you go WOW!

The tag team match between YB & OP made me want to cry as I know they're all such good friends!"

Was the 2nd best tag match in AEW, if you get chance, watch The Bucks and Lucha Bros ladder match, forget which PPV it was at, but Bucks and Omeaga/Page was up there!

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Hard agree.

I feel like this is a whole new world im opening up! Heard a lot about Will Ospreay and of course the Bullet Club, although not enough to know what the hell is going on with them, all I know is the likes of Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Omega and the Bucks have all been a product of them!

https://youtu.be/UFb8Dxypi00

Start here "

Holy shit, I genuinly want to watch it all from just that first video, I think I've found my new lockdown watching

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

2 things.......

1) so did anyone see AEW double or nothing? if so wasn't that "stadium stampede" match a blast!!!!

oh, and orange cassidy is now my favourite wrestler!!! lol

2) do you know that Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi 2019 BOSJ final i told you to watch.... New Japan have just put in on youtube as part of their "free match monday" series.....

tried to put up link but fab is not allowing it.... look for it!!!

your welcome!!!!!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

AEW smashed it this weekend. It’s no wonder Vince is nervous.

Seeing Matt Hardy just killing it in the pool for lols and Moxleys match whilst not for the purists was brilliant.

Jericho was such a shrewd signing.

By *rad_ell12Man
over a year ago

Brighouse

Double or nothing was a riot! I wasn't expecting anything from the stadium stampede but my god, the best wrestling related thing I've watched all year! Absolutly outstanding, from the horse chase, to the pool re births of Matt, and that one winged angel! Good lord what a PPV

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Two faces

Dynamite kid

Steve Grey

Two heels

Kendo Nagasaki

Marc Rollerball Rocco

And that’s the bottom line because....