Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum running club week 21

Jump to newest

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well well today was super productive. I managed my first ever 10km. 5 months ago I had finished my first 5km park run and nearly died in the process. It was hard and I finished it in 31.33, well my 5km split 31.58 for my 10km this morning. 8 months ago I struggled to even run 2km at that pace

Doing a 10km for me it’s a huge achievement, and one I am super proud that I have managed to do. I have lost weight, improved my breathing and generally feel a lot healthier

Proper smashed it!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well well today was super productive. I managed my first ever 10km. 5 months ago I had finished my first 5km park run and nearly died in the process. It was hard and I finished it in 31.33, well my 5km split 31.58 for my 10km this morning. 8 months ago I struggled to even run 2km at that pace

Doing a 10km for me it’s a huge achievement, and one I am super proud that I have managed to do. I have lost weight, improved my breathing and generally feel a lot healthier

Proper smashed it!!!!"

Great effort, lockdown is bringing advantages!

I’m similar, just ran my fastest 5km in 24.58!

A couple of weeks ago I managed my first 10km which was mentally outside my limit at the start of lockdown.

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Well well today was super productive. I managed my first ever 10km. 5 months ago I had finished my first 5km park run and nearly died in the process. It was hard and I finished it in 31.33, well my 5km split 31.58 for my 10km this morning. 8 months ago I struggled to even run 2km at that pace

Proper smashed it!!!!

Great effort, lockdown is bringing advantages!

I’m similar, just ran my fastest 5km in 24.58!

A couple of weeks ago I managed my first 10km which was mentally outside my limit at the start of lockdown."

Yep I only started upping my distance after 3 weeks of no running. I added a few hill runs at 5km to work on my fitness and then added slowly 1km a week. Last week I had a failed attempt but this week managed it

Actually looking at 5km splits - 31.57, 32.06 - even at 5km normal times that isn’t awful. So well well happy with that.

The goal at the moment is sub 1 hour 10km - which should be doable

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well another 5km this morning in a sub 29.30.

I am happy with that

over a year ago

"Well another 5km this morning in a sub 29.30.

I am happy with that "

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

A fast 5k in the sun, all hot and sweaty

Fastest time of the year in just over 25 minutes, but I know deep down I should be a couple minutes faster. More training required

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Another 5km this morning - that was hard a shade under 30 mins on my park run course it was so hot this morning

20 km for the week averaging 6.10 a Km over 3 runs

over a year ago

"Another 5km this morning - that was hard a shade under 30 mins on my park run course it was so hot this morning

20 km for the week averaging 6.10 a Km over 3 runs "

It’s a warm one, keep hydrated, if it gets warm ease off the speed so that you don’t over heat. Your times will improve over all anyway

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

Well done everybody!

I smashed my 5km personal best - 23.33s! All this new hill running has helped me when it comes to the flat stretch along the promenade (still excited about living by the sea now!).

I've cut down from six runs a week to four, and am doing yoga on the other days to help my flexibility.

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well done - with yesterday’s walk and today’s no parkrun day (no exercise) I am looking forward to my 10 km tomorrow

over a year ago

Well done mate.

Keep running at least once a week.

over a year ago

So it should be the local interclub midweek 10km league at the moment which is being ran virtually. Managed 54 minutes on Thursday, mixed feelings as should have gone faster but was unpleasantly hot. A couple of observations, race efforts in non-race environments are horrible and no parkrun and no interval training forv2 months really does effect your top end efforts!

Post new Message to Thread