Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Give me some oxytocin

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain. It's sometimes known as the "cuddle hormone" or the "love hormone," because it is released when people snuggle up or bond socially.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And when we orgasm.. and when we give birth.. and when we eject milk

Hugs x

over a year ago

Its acts on all the emotions..its often the thing that makes you cry for no apparent reason, its often why theres tears after deep passionate sex, my gf has this a lot. My system reacts to it too easily, has done ever since my meltdown..I react to moments of intense love..you know pensioners holding hands and having a kiss, parents with their children. I had a bad day yesterday and today I drove past a deer lying crumpled at the side of the road..nature is part of my dna...the oxytocin flooded my system and a few tears passed. Its a potent juju

over a year ago

"And when we orgasm.. and when we give birth.. and when we eject milk

Hugs x"

Thanks x

Oh that makes sense, the emotional dip I had when I stopped breast feeding. I wish people would state these things factually so you know what is coming.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Love the oxytocin effect

over a year ago

"Its acts on all the emotions..its often the thing that makes you cry for no apparent reason, its often why theres tears after deep passionate sex, my gf has this a lot. My system reacts to it too easily, has done ever since my meltdown..I react to moments of intense love..you know pensioners holding hands and having a kiss, parents with their children. I had a bad day yesterday and today I drove past a deer lying crumpled at the side of the road..nature is part of my dna...the oxytocin flooded my system and a few tears passed. Its a potent juju "

It's good that you can understand yourself (mostly), your reasons for reactions. I hope today is a better day xx

over a year ago

Hugs x

Thanks x

Oh that makes sense, the emotional dip I had when I stopped breast feeding. I wish people would state these things factually so you know what is coming. "

That is a real thing! Your body suddenly is going to feel effects.. especially when one goes cold turkey. X

over a year ago

This is something I'm currently struggling without.

Hugs from my children are great but not the same

over a year ago

Hugs x

Thanks x

Oh that makes sense, the emotional dip I had when I stopped breast feeding. I wish people would state these things factually so you know what is coming.

That is a real thing! Your body suddenly is going to feel effects.. especially when one goes cold turkey. X

"

My hormones are all fucked, I have D-MER so when I eject milk I get anxious, suicidal, nauseous and depressed. Yay for meeee

over a year ago

"Love the oxytocin effect "

Yep, I love me some cuddles. My bestie is not a physical person but she musters up cuddles just for me sometimes, and then actually enjoys them

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Love the oxytocin effect

Yep, I love me some cuddles. My bestie is not a physical person but she musters up cuddles just for me sometimes, and then actually enjoys them "

See my hug thread..

I love cuddles and hugs...

over a year ago

Hugs x

Thanks x

My hormones are all fucked, I have D-MER so when I eject milk I get anxious, suicidal, nauseous and depressed. Yay for meeee"

Do you? I dont know enough about it. Some people also struggle with nursing aversion. My friend is campaigning to spread awareness of it.

over a year ago

"This is something I'm currently struggling without.

Hugs from my children are great but not the same "

Nope, they're good, but not the same!

I'm just doing some morning reading and serotonin is important too. Some home remedies to try:

8 Ways to Naturally Increase Endorphins

Sniff some vanilla or lavender. ...Take a little ginseng. ...Take a group exercise class. ...Seek out daily laughter. ...Have sex. ...Savour some chocolate. ...Listen to music. ...Eat something spicy.

over a year ago

I'm just doing some morning reading and serotonin is important too. Some home remedies to try:

Sniff some vanilla or lavender. ...Take a little ginseng. ...Take a group exercise class. ...Seek out daily laughter. ...Have sex. ...Savour some chocolate. ...Listen to music. ...Eat something spicy.

"

Speaking of hormones.. there is really funky jewellery around featuring them I would love an oxytocin necklace. I had a pendant.

These are great tips. Music always lifts me up.

over a year ago

Hugs x

Thanks x

My hormones are all fucked, I have D-MER so when I eject milk I get anxious, suicidal, nauseous and depressed. Yay for meeee"

Crap. Then you're doing and AMAZING job and your strength is incredible to be persevering!

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

[Removed by poster at 16/05/20 09:42:32]

over a year ago

"Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain. It's sometimes known as the "cuddle hormone" or the "love hormone," because it is released when people snuggle up or bond socially."

How frustrating would that be?

A high level of Oxytocin (the cuddle hormone)whilst having to social distance ?

over a year ago

Speaking of hormones.. there is really funky jewellery around featuring them I would love an oxytocin necklace. I had a pendant.

These are great tips. Music always lifts me up. "

I can't picture the jewellery, where from please?

My house and head phones are always full of music

over a year ago

"Its acts on all the emotions..its often the thing that makes you cry for no apparent reason, its often why theres tears after deep passionate sex, my gf has this a lot. My system reacts to it too easily, has done ever since my meltdown..I react to moments of intense love..you know pensioners holding hands and having a kiss, parents with their children. I had a bad day yesterday and today I drove past a deer lying crumpled at the side of the road..nature is part of my dna...the oxytocin flooded my system and a few tears passed. Its a potent juju

It's good that you can understand yourself (mostly), your reasons for reactions. I hope today is a better day xx"

The only way to stay off meds and away from so called therapists is to delve into who you are and why you react etc and to face the places you d prefer not to..you stay well eh x

over a year ago

"Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain. It's sometimes known as the "cuddle hormone" or the "love hormone," because it is released when people snuggle up or bond socially.

How frustrating would that be?

A high level of Oxytocin (the cuddle hormone)whilst having to social distance ?"

I think that would be a good thing? It's a happy feeling released when you cuddle. If you could feel the happy part even when not cuddling that's got to be a bonus Hankering for a cuddle whilst distancing = less happy.

over a year ago

These are great tips. Music always lifts me up.

I can't picture the jewellery, where from please?

My house and head phones are always full of music "

Etsy.

Post new Message to Thread