Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

what can i do to make friends & meets

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been here for abit now & all I do is be genuine, polite, non pushy by even just trying to say hello, and all I get is ignorant people or fakes and guys. What can I do to make it better on here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Be patient...

Be polite...

Be patient...

Be yourself...

Be patient...

Be friendly...

Above all... Be patient...;-);-)

Good Luck...

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

try looking in both the uk forum and the meets forum for socials near you. Consider going to clubs. And when you do be sociable and introduce yourself to people (search for threads on first time at clubs, how to behave at clubs, etc. Theres some good advice out there.)

over a year ago

Read guys profiles where there are lots of verifications it's probably a good profile. Use that as a basis for rewriting yours.

Get known, clubs and socials are your friends here as well as the forums.

Use the filters to block single guys not a note on the profile, it works better and doesn't need a negative statement.

Good luck

over a year ago

Thank you, I'm on holiday at mo so can't change profile etc on my phone but will try with whatever help given

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/05/12 08:27:56]

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

I can change profile and run my whole account on my phone, I never use pc here, only thing I can't do is chat rooms

over a year ago

You've really done yourself the power of good by calling other members ignorant and fake.

Just because, for whatever reason, they don't respond to your message, or their response isn't what you'd expected doesn't automatically make them fakes or ignorant.

over a year ago

If you Want to change your profile/ details etc...

Click on the "My account" tab and its all down the left hand side... Even on a phone...;-)

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/05/12 08:34:07]

over a year ago

Does it really matter if I wait a few days to change it? I'll find it easier and also get a good picture of what its like on the laptop. & yes I should really of said keep being ignored instead of ignorant people, but I when I say fakes I mean people who I've set up a meet but they no show etc

over a year ago

I'm also using my phone for my accoumt, you can do pretty much what you can on a pc.

don.'t seem to be many socials in this area, preston is nearest for me

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

your profile is whiney and comes across as begging.

i agree, try not branding the membership by your findings of a few people and you may get somewhere.

over a year ago

I would alter it to steer away from percieved winging..... no judgements from me of course...then just be patient and make friends first....the offers etc will prob follow.

over a year ago

" What can I do to make it better on here?"

find a woman to meet with

over a year ago

"I've been here for abit now & all I do is be genuine, polite, non pushy by even just trying to say hello, and all I get is ignorant people or fakes and guys. What can I do to make it better on here?"

to be totally honest your profile is pretty much the same as thousands on here with thousands of others far better and they draw you in. You need more pictures, more detail on your profile or you are just not going to stand out enough to get someone's attention.

over a year ago

"I've been here for abit now & all I do is be genuine, polite, non pushy by even just trying to say hello, and all I get is ignorant people or fakes and guys. What can I do to make it better on here?"

Train to be a nurse?

over a year ago

"Be patient...

Be polite...

Be patient...

Be yourself...

Be patient...

Be friendly...

Above all... Be patient...;-);-)

Good Luck..."

or become a nurse!

over a year ago

Mmmmmm nurses ......... Opp's lol

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Dress as a nurse

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I'm also using my phone for my accoumt, you can do pretty much what you can on a pc.

don.'t seem to be many socials in this area, preston is nearest for me"

Yeah you can do most everything on your phone, but I tend to prefer my lappie as typing a long message on a phone, or adding to my profile is easier for me with a full size keyboard (could be an age thing that, and I'm an old-fashioned touch typist)

I agree with the comment re: socials, but imagine what it's like living on the west coast of Cumbria! - I travel to Manchester (2 hour drive) for clubbing and I'm down for the next Manc social in September - get out and about, get your face recognised (not a bad face pic btw)

Good luck!

over a year ago

"I'm also using my phone for my accoumt, you can do pretty much what you can on a pc.

Yeah you can do most everything on your phone, but I tend to prefer my lappie as typing a long message on a phone, or adding to my profile is easier for me with a full size keyboard (could be an age thing that, and I'm an old-fashioned touch typist)

I agree with the comment re: socials, but imagine what it's like living on the west coast of Cumbria! - I travel to Manchester (2 hour drive) for clubbing and I'm down for the next Manc social in September - get out and about, get your face recognised (not a bad face pic btw)

Good luck!"

Oh you down for the manc social too, have to keep me eye out for ya........... Not me glass one either! Lol

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Good luck!

Oh you down for the manc social too, have to keep me eye out for ya........... Not me glass one either! Lol"

Great, don't let me profile name fool ya tho', my name's Darren and I've got brown hair

over a year ago

Good luck!

Oh you down for the manc social too, have to keep me eye out for ya........... Not me glass one either! Lol

Great, don't let me profile name fool ya tho', my name's Darren and I've got brown hair "

Can I call ya daz then? Lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The timewasters/failing to meet people have no excuse, assuming they've not had catastrophe, so that's a pity that you've had that start on here. As you say, you've got some experience elsewhere, so you realise that it's not universally true.

You should get better at selecting those who are genuine, vs those others, as you get more experience on here, so that just means some patience and trial- hopefully with little more error.

Expanding your profile will really help - there's not an awful lot on there, eg. what you've done in the past, what you're looking for and offering. As suggested by others, check out the competitor's profiles, and see what looks good.

Most single guys won't get replies to most of the messages to others - that's the way it is on here, as much as it would be nice to be otherwise. Single females and couples can get tons of mail, and it's hugely time consuming.

If you've written a good personalised messaged to others, the next place they go is to your profile -that's why it has to be really good/relevant. Ditch the bit about men, it's taking space, is distracting, and isn't of interest to who you really want to meet. Then you realise there's not an awful lot more just now.

Get friendly with others - this doesn't only mean those you want to shag. Knowing people is a great thing, as it can lead to invites, may offer someone to chat to at a club, get some support etc. Maybe don't block guys, as some may offer group potential too - if they're just after sex with you, it's not what you want, so move on. The fact you're tired of their messages, hints at the burden that couples and girls have with messages from people that they're not interested.

Overall, getting verified by meeting in person is a good thing. Doesn't have to be someone you've shagged.

Good luck!

Post new Message to Thread