Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friends

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you have close friends, best friends or just casual friends?

Do you speak to them regularly just to say hi or only when something needs to be shared/discussed?

Have you made real friendships on here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I made a real friendship with you

Love you gal

And I love the folk in our Spank group chat, and our Clique group chat #youknowwhoyouare

over a year ago

I've made more friends than anything else,

I found my fwb who is like a best friend to me too.

I've found lots of people who support me, appreciate me for who I am, and are there for me, and I hope I do the same for them

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Have a few very good friends in my life which I would trust with my life ,,,,

In here I have a few I talk to ,,,, and only one that I spend time talking about everything , intimate and general

over a year ago

"I made a real friendship with you

Love you gal

And I love the folk in our Spank group chat, and our Clique group chat #youknowwhoyouare "

Yes you did love you too and we talk everyday (you owe me a Veri )

Yes they are all very special people

over a year ago

"I've made more friends than anything else,

I've found lots of people who support me, appreciate me for who I am, and are there for me, and I hope I do the same for them "

Love this so glad you've made some special friendships.

You are a very supportive and loving friend xx

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I think as I've got older a lot of my friends have revealed their true colours and I have 3 or 4 good friends and that's about it .

I've made far more friends on here the past few years than I have in real life .

God I sounded serious there for a minute

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

"Do you have close friends, best friends or just casual friends?

Do you speak to them regularly just to say hi or only when something needs to be shared/discussed?

Have you made real friendships on here? "

I’m lucky, I have a lot of friends. Some friends I keep in touch with everyday, some only occasionally, who are no less close. I have a couple of friends who know all the details of my past and who saved my life, I have friends I only see when a big group of us get together for a party. I even have close friends I’ve only met up with in other countries.

I truly hope I’ve made some real friendships on here. Fab is an unreal place, and it isn’t always easy to know just how real the friendships here truly are. But a few sure feel real Xx

over a year ago

"Have a few very good friends in my life which I would trust with my life ,,,,

In here I have a few I talk to ,,,, and only one that I spend time talking about everything , intimate and general "

Do you speak to your close friends everyday?

over a year ago

We have been very fortunate to have met some lovely couples and singles who we meet regular at camping events who are now what we call good friends

We all keep in touch through our WhatsApp chat and meet at pubs bars etc xx

over a year ago

"I think as I've got older a lot of my friends have revealed their true colours and I have 3 or 4 good friends and that's about it .

I've made far more friends on here the past few years than I have in real life .

God I sounded serious there for a minute "

It's not always about the number's. I think we all realise as we get older the quality of the friendship is definitely more important

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

"Have a few very good friends in my life which I would trust with my life ,,,,

In here I have a few I talk to ,,,, and only one that I spend time talking about everything , intimate and general

Do you speak to your close friends everyday?

"

Yes , we chat for a few minutes , ensure all is ok and it anything is needed , then a general chit chat

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have two close friends and some acquaintances. We do chat to people on fab but I think only one of them would describe themselves as a friend.

over a year ago

Female friends on here? Yes!

Male friends on here? No!

By *oneyBear100Couple
over a year ago

Gatwick area

We've made some amazing friendships through fab. Both with our singles and couples accounts.

Do we keep in contact every day, no probably not. But we do check in regularly and those we care about have our contact details and know we'll always be there when the call and vice versa.

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Female friends on here? Yes!

Male friends on here? No!"

By *oneyBear100Couple
over a year ago

Gatwick area

A mix if male/female and couples on both profiles. Its not only about the shag

That's a bonus

By *ecky and justCouple
over a year ago

Godalming

We’ve been fortunate to make some really good friends.

Some serial offenders.!

over a year ago

I've found lots of people who support me, appreciate me for who I am, and are there for me, and I hope I do the same for them "

You are very appreciated. And I dont think your personality shines enough on forum so feeling lucky to have you in my inbox too x

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I think as I've got older a lot of my friends have revealed their true colours and I have 3 or 4 good friends and that's about it .

God I sounded serious there for a minute

It's not always about the number's. I think we all realise as we get older the quality of the friendship is definitely more important"

Oh absolutely 100% agree .

I'd rather have 2 true friends than 10 mates

over a year ago

I’m lucky, I have a lot of friends. Some friends I keep in touch with everyday, some only occasionally, who are no less close. I have a couple of friends who know all the details of my past and who saved my life, I have friends I only see when a big group of us get together for a party. I even have close friends I’ve only met up with in other countries.

I truly hope I’ve made some real friendships on here. Fab is an unreal place, and it isn’t always easy to know just how real the friendships here truly are. But a few sure feel real Xx "

I'm not surprised you have so many friends

It is and it can be difficult to determine what's real and what's not. I guess it comes our own judge of character and the rest a leap of faith.

over a year ago

Do you mean on here in general?

over a year ago

"A mix if male/female and couples on both profiles. Its not only about the shag

That's a bonus "

Agreed, it's possible to make friends without the sex or the sex be a bonus to the friendship on here

over a year ago

I've found lots of people who support me, appreciate me for who I am, and are there for me, and I hope I do the same for them

You are very appreciated. And I dont think your personality shines enough on forum so feeling lucky to have you in my inbox too x"

Thank you beautiful. I've struggled recently, so that probably shows, but I'm back on the up now.

I've been lucky to have you and other gorgeous people in my in box when I've needed them

over a year ago

Male friends on here? No!"

Why no guy friends on here? Do you have make friends in everyday life?

over a year ago

Love this so glad you've made some special friendships.

You are a very supportive and loving friend xx"

Thank you beautiful

over a year ago

"Do you mean on here in general?"

Both, on here and in the outside world.

over a year ago

Friends are like flowers. Some stay around forever, some come and go with the seasons. Some are only around for a short while. But they are all great!

over a year ago

Friends from primary school I also have other friends but they are just friends

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

God I sounded serious there for a minute "

I think 3-4 is about the right number of very close friends, the ones you hope will be lifelong and you trust for advice on big decisions, one being your partner. Then a wider group of about 12 , that are important but may come and go over time.

over a year ago

"Do you mean on here in general?

Both, on here and in the outside world. "

Oh sorry I didn't read the OP properly.

Well I met Ash on here and he is my best friend.

There are a few on here i consider real friends.

One of whom drove 63 miles each way to make sure we were OK and had everything we needed.

There are definitely people on here i consider friends.

There are also people i like a lot but don't have much contact with.

I'd like to make more female friends on here.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

My parents and brothers are my best friends. I cannot trust anyone else really. I have a close childhood friend and we keep in contact. I have a lot of casual friends.

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

I’ve made some really good friends, a lot of aquanauts and some people I say hi to.

In the real world it’s pretty much the same.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I have very few close friends, but plenty of acquaintances - I keep my defences high, especially on here, as unfortunately I've seen the bad side of this place far too often.

I have met people that I would class as friends though and chat to regularly, one in particular who is very dear to me, we chat every day and can spend hours on the phone.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I truly hope I’ve made some real friendships on here. Fab is an unreal place, and it isn’t always easy to know just how real the friendships here truly are. But a few sure feel real Xx

It is and it can be difficult to determine what's real and what's not. I guess it comes our own judge of character and the rest a leap of faith. "

Friendships are always a leap of faith. How much of yourself do you give? How open and vulnerable do you make yourself? I have made some truly terrible mistakes with people in my distant past - they were exceptionally good at deception. But I kept my faith, and I’m glad I did.

So much of being a good friend is about accepting the differences between you, rather than celebrating the similarities. Forgiveness, a lack of judgement, an awareness of frailties, the desire to support, empathy and compassion. Such things are always worth a leap of faith xx

over a year ago

"Do you mean on here in general?

Both, on here and in the outside world.

Oh sorry I didn't read the OP properly.

Well I met Ash on here and he is my best friend.

There are a few on here i consider real friends.

One of whom drove 63 miles each way to make sure we were OK and had everything we needed.

There are definitely people on here i consider friends.

There are also people i like a lot but don't have much contact with.

I'd like to make more female friends on here. "

No worries

That's lovely. I've made some great female friends on here, I find it quite hard to make female friends. There's lots of lovely ladies on here xx

over a year ago

It is and it can be difficult to determine what's real and what's not. I guess it comes our own judge of character and the rest a leap of faith.

Friendships are always a leap of faith. How much of yourself do you give? How open and vulnerable do you make yourself? I have made some truly terrible mistakes with people in my distant past - they were exceptionally good at deception. But I kept my faith, and I’m glad I did.

So much of being a good friend is about accepting the differences between you, rather than celebrating the similarities. Forgiveness, a lack of judgement, an awareness of frailties, the desire to support, empathy and compassion. Such things are always worth a leap of faith xx"

This is very true. I think we've all probably made mistakes with our judgements in the past unfortunately it can make us more guarded which can make it harder for genuine ones to get close. My character judgement hasn't always been correct but I try to still have faith because sometimes you meet someone and within a couple of hours you just know

Yes they are and if you can find all that in a human that makes you laugh and smile in the process then you've got a winner xx

over a year ago

Yes

Hope this helps

over a year ago

Why no guy friends on here? Do you have make friends in everyday life? "

I see them as competition on here!

Nah I dunno really....theres a few lads on here that seem like a good laugh or I'd have a pint with. I've lots of male friends in "real life" but not so many female friends. Probably because I'd end up wanting to pump them!

over a year ago

"Yes

Hope this helps"

Very informative, thank you

over a year ago

Nah I dunno really....theres a few lads on here that seem like a good laugh or I'd have a pint with. I've lots of male friends in "real life" but not so many female friends. Probably because I'd end up wanting to pump them! "

Are any of your female friendships on here platonic or do you want to screw then all?

over a year ago

"Yes

Hope this helps

Very informative, thank you "

You are welcome.

Don't hesitate again. I'll reply frankly

over a year ago

Nah I dunno really....theres a few lads on here that seem like a good laugh or I'd have a pint with. I've lots of male friends in "real life" but not so many female friends. Probably because I'd end up wanting to pump them! "

I have to say im wary of making male friends on here.

I have men that I chat to and like as friends and one really good male friend.

over a year ago

Nah I dunno really....theres a few lads on here that seem like a good laugh or I'd have a pint with. I've lots of male friends in "real life" but not so many female friends. Probably because I'd end up wanting to pump them!

Are any of your female friendships on here platonic or do you want to screw then all? "

I've became friendly with them because I find them attractive. Don't all relationships start out friendly anyway? I think I would like to screw them all!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

In real life we have a tight knit group of ladies who support each other with anything, the rest are acquaintances who flit in and out according to our lifestyle journey.

In fab life going to the socials has cemented some amazing friendships with both ladies and men and a special few who have flowed naturally into my protection zone

I have been burned once on here before but I learned from that experience and shan't be making that mistake again

over a year ago

I have to say im wary of making male friends on here.

I have men that I chat to and like as friends and one really good male friend.

"

I know what you mean, I can be wary too but I have made a coupe of great male friends on here

over a year ago

Are any of your female friendships on here platonic or do you want to screw then all?

I've became friendly with them because I find them attractive. Don't all relationships start out friendly anyway? I think I would like to screw them all! "

Not always. One of my best friends and I couldn't stand eachother when we first met haha!

Fair enough, atleast your honest

over a year ago

"In real life we have a tight knit group of ladies who support each other with anything, the rest are acquaintances who flit in and out according to our lifestyle journey.

In fab life going to the socials has cemented some amazing friendships with both ladies and men and a special few who have flowed naturally into my protection zone

I have been burned once on here before but I learned from that experience and shan't be making that mistake again"

Has it put you off trying to make friends or do you let it come naturally and see what happens?

over a year ago

I've became friendly with them because I find them attractive. Don't all relationships start out friendly anyway? I think I would like to screw them all!

Not always. One of my best friends and I couldn't stand eachother when we first met haha!

Fair enough, atleast your honest "

I just find it difficult to be friends with a female without fancying them.

over a year ago

Without going into detail as other posters have gone through similar explanations as I would have posted... being a 5yr+ Fabber, yes OP I have.

#TheyKnowWhoTheyAre

over a year ago

Hope so.

By *eachesAndCream99Couple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Cardiff just off the M4

We have made a few good friends on here that we like to check in on. We’ve made some fabulous friends from organised socials and some that we have or we’d like to play with in Chams/clubs.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"In real life we have a tight knit group of ladies who support each other with anything, the rest are acquaintances who flit in and out according to our lifestyle journey.

I have been burned once on here before but I learned from that experience and shan't be making that mistake again

Has it put you off trying to make friends or do you let it come naturally and see what happens? "

Tbh now I ensure that I meet them face to face, if I think that a friendship will progress out of just an acquaintance zone it's one worth travelling for

over a year ago

I have friends in all categories. There are some friends with whom I am regularly in touch through whatsapp and messenger. There is a very small subset of them with whom I feel comfortable talking about my personal and family issues. They are my closest ones.

Of course, no one knows about my fab account

over a year ago

Ive hardly any female friends on my single profile as I dont get asked but do have about 10 males. X

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

My close friends are my best friends but I have casual friends from work. We’ll get together for drinks or dinner.

I try and speak to them a few times a week but they know if they don’t hear from me it doesn’t mean that I’m not thinking about them.

I’ve made a few friends off here. Supportive, funny, and brilliant. I think I’m very lucky to have them in my life and I’m hoping we’ll get together very soon.

over a year ago

I have a few friends who i have contact with, a few through work all fems, some through football male and fems, several through swinging, nearly all guys, i msg, chat or meet them frequently, one guy iv known for about 13 years.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I've made a few different kinds of friendships on here.

Some I just message with,

Some I've actually speak to and consider good friends,

Others I've actually met socially and are great friends.

over a year ago

I have the best group of friends. I’m so lucky with all the friends I’ve got.

Most of them are all friends from back home, so we we went through Primary, middle and high school together. We’ve all moved away and live in different parts of the country but speak daily through texts and I speak to most of them on the phone every week. Plus we all meet up at birthdays etc and we all go back home for Christmas. New additions have been added to the group over the years which I love.

I have friends on here I chat to as well

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

I'm blessed in that I have a few circles of friends from different areas of my life. Some from growing up with,work, football, neighbours and a few of them would know each other aswell! I have a small group of very close mates, male and female,and I know if I needed any of them they'd drop everything in a heartbeat for me. And I'd do exactly the same for them. On occasion some of these groups would get together and the craic is brilliant! If I don't see some of them for a while it's never an issue,we just pick up where we left off last time. And there's always WhatsApp... Like I said at the beginning...I'm blessed!!!

over a year ago

I have very few good friends in real life, a dozen or so others that I spent time with gaming.

On Fab, none.

over a year ago

I have a few friends from my youth, who I see rarely but we keep in touch. I have some local mates that I go for a drink with occasionally, as we are no longer involved in the thing that brought us together regularly when our kids were younger. I have some other friendships from different stages in life that I keep in contact with and see occasionally and I have some close friends I work and play music with and see them regularly. My band mate is probably my closest non-Fab friend, but I have friends on here that I have more contact with who know me better than any of the others.

over a year ago

Daily life I have partner and one close friend and thats it, I prefer to be alone in nature if not with either of these two. I have made a couple of friends on here.

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

I don't have many friends from school, but my best friend once known for about 10 years. We don't see each other very often but when we do, it's like we were never apart.

On here, I'm still a newbie really I think I've started developing friendships that I would love to see grow

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I'm not a friend's kind of guy, more of a loner.

Met my partner on here and she keeps me occupied.

Post new Message to Thread