Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Media

Jump to newest

By *ungle VIP 1 OP   Man
over a year ago

colchester

Anyone had enough of media just picking faults in government!!!! Easy to bitch and moan and keep fabricating storys!!!! Everyone is doing there best. They claim to know everything tell us a story yet a week later they complain as what they said hasn't happened.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Anyone had enough of media just picking faults in government!!!! Easy to bitch and moan and keep fabricating storys!!!! Everyone is doing there best. They claim to know everything tell us a story yet a week later they complain as what they said hasn't happened. "

It's a difficult one, the News have a responsibility to report and invite comment on events that have happened. They should however not be biased in any way, they also shouldn't be creating stories in the hope that they'll fore the public view.

On the other hand, I don't think that our government "Does it's Best" for the general public, rather they "Do Their Best" to fulfil their own desires.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I cut media outta my life many decades ago..they are vultures that thrive on spreading the dead, the dying and the damned...and they wouldn t know truth if it beat them around the head with a mallet.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

No not really. I also think we should expect more that just doing their best.

By *ungle VIP 1 OP   Man
over a year ago

colchester

Yer id stopped social media, news and papers completely and found myself less stressed out. At being of all this it was good seeing the news to be updated now its just media giving there opinion which is just there to make a story. Making up numbers and choosing whos opinion to broadcast. Piers morgan has just said china will test 11 million people in whuan in a week, bashing our testing , which isnt good enough but stop spreading shit made up news,

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Government has to be held accountable. It's the way democracy works. The key is being able to read between the lines. Each newspaper has it's own agenda and voice. That's the beauty of a free press.

*RANT WARNING*

(and apologies if this is more suitable for the virus forum)

Mistakes have been made, plenty of them and I get the impression government initially considered this just like any other flu.

While they have been good in dealing with some parts of the crisis, they have been caught out in lots of other areas. They have to my eyes at least, appeared dogmatic in seemingly ignoring other schemes and support. People at the very top of our government seemingly had a blase attitude.. Boris shaking hands comment as an example.

The media's job is to report and ask questions, and some tough questions need to be asked and aren't being, and when they are they seem scared of them.

We have a government that picks and chooses what it tries to answer, and politicians that won't (or can't) answer simple questions.

In a lot of cases we get cheerleading and gaslighting, but let's use some of that good old fashioned "common sense" and read between the lines.

I'm glad that we have Channel 4 and even Piers Morgan which are different to the approach of the Beeb, with Sky different again, and the pro Conservative Newspapers and those that are more left leaning.

over a year ago

"Anyone had enough of media just picking faults in government!!!! Easy to bitch and moan and keep fabricating storys!!!! Everyone is doing there best. They claim to know everything tell us a story yet a week later they complain as what they said hasn't happened.

It's a difficult one, the News have a responsibility to report and invite comment on events that have happened. They should however not be biased in any way, they also shouldn't be creating stories in the hope that they'll fore the public view.

On the other hand, I don't think that our government "Does it's Best" for the general public, rather they "Do Their Best" to fulfil their own desires."

Very well put..especially last paragraph..but then media and government walk comfortably or at odds in hand..its possibly the one industry that can flaunt all the rules of truth,honesty, honour and respect with no worry of cost..if they print something so very wrong they merely put out a very very small apology hidden in the dross of non news material where few people look. It is but a circus

over a year ago

"No not really. I also think we should expect more that just doing their best. "

Exactly. ‘Aw they’re doing their best’ is something you say to describe a child’s football team...not a government

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

They are a parasite breed and have so much power over the nation.. they are not factual, which they should be and have to many hidden agendas .. it’s all about money .. and they have no morals to who they destroy or lie too ..

detest them.. I want facts not promotions

over a year ago

"They are a parasite breed and have so much power over the nation.. they are not factual, which they should be and have to many hidden agendas .. it’s all about money .. and they have no morals to who they destroy or lie too ..

detest them.. I want facts not promotions "

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

On the other hand last week every paper team the story that Boris was lifting lockdown when he clearly wasn't. The UK media is terrible, so much fabricated, "good ole brittania" propaganda, its sickening. They should be trying to support the government not decipher or whatever way they want.

Without digressing if your think this government have done a good job you need to have a good hard look at yourself.but that's a story for another thread

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

After the press driven BREXIT debacle I'll never trust the press again. Still get some news but try not to get sucked in by it.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

British gutter press are famous the world over for being rotten to the core

The red top tabloids are Britain's gift to the world,daily mail,the s#n,etc,all criminal scum

While Boris single handedly takes UK and it's great health service to the top of the covid death toll list the red tops print clapping stories and old people doing laps of their garden stories

over a year ago

Sorry I disagree. The govt is elected to serve the people. In times of crisis they are supposed to provide guidance, support and information. The people need to believe in these people and that can only be achieved through consistent, true information sharing. Failure all round.

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

It still blows my mind that we're an island, so in a good position to contain the virus, yet have the second highest death rate

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"It still blows my mind that we're an island, so in a good position to contain the virus, yet have the second highest death rate"

Plus with a great health system and a head start in preparation because we could see it coming

Post new Message to Thread