Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

"Your loss"

Jump to newest

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

Why do men use this phrase after being rejected?

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can’t say I have ever used that phrase if anyone turns me down it is most definitely my loss

over a year ago

over a year ago

To stroke their ego. But that goes for any gender I guess.

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"To stroke their ego. But that goes for any gender I guess. "

Sadly I rarely have any interaction with women on here so can't comment on that.

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Probably trying to fool themselves, so they can feel better about being rejected.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

To displace their hurt.

over a year ago

We've had this a lot. It's almost like they are trying to bait you

over a year ago

To make you reconsider?

Oh no silly me!! Get back here. It was a mistake!!

over a year ago

The whole "your loss" "their loss" guff has never made much sense to me tbh... Nobody is loosing out by not meeting someone they don't want to, whatever the reason.

over a year ago

I think it's a typo, they mean to say "you're lost". Not quite sure what that means though

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"The whole "your loss" "their loss" guff has never made much sense to me tbh... Nobody is loosing out by not meeting someone they don't want to, whatever the reason. "

Exactly my thoughts.

I said no. If I wasn't interested in the first place why would I be losing?

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think it's a typo, they mean to say "you're lost". Not quite sure what that means though"

Ahh. I took a right by tesco. Should have taken a left

over a year ago

The term ‘fuck boy’ springs to mind. So far up their own arses they genuinely believe it’s your loss lol

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

"Why do men use this phrase after being rejected?

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss."

Because we are fragile creatures with a limited vocabulary....

over a year ago

You forgot to add swear words, I get lovely obscenities thrown in at the end lol

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’ve seen it, heard it and read it. I don’t get it either.

It isn’t just men that say it though

over a year ago

"I think it's a typo, they mean to say "you're lost". Not quite sure what that means though

Ahh. I took a right by tesco. Should have taken a left "

Maybe they are looking for directions to the G spot, left a bit, back a bit, oh you're lost.

over a year ago

"I’ve seen it, heard it and read it. I don’t get it either.

It isn’t just men that say it though "

I've never understood that phrase.

over a year ago

To hide their latent insecurities. Plus it's quicker and easier to write than "Your rejection has dented my pride and I will use this as validation that I am not worthy of a meaningful and rewarding relationship.....and although I wanted to have sex with you not 5 minutes ago, I would now be secretly happy if some major catastrophe befell you!"

over a year ago

So, It's our loss as we didn't want to meet someone who wanted to meet us, but because we declined the meet it's our loss, so the meet won't now take place which creates the loss, so the loss is our loss and not their loss, because if it was their loss then the loss would be there's, but the loss can't be there's because it should be our loss.

Phew, think I covered that rather well

over a year ago

Possibly their over inflated egos?

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss."

They are chaps with low intelligence, best avoided!

over a year ago

They were hoping one day someone would start a thread about it.

over a year ago

"So, It's our loss as we didn't want to meet someone who wanted to meet us, but because we declined the meet it's our loss, so the meet won't now take place which creates the loss, so the loss is our loss and not their loss, because if it was their loss then the loss would be there's, but the loss can't be there's because it should be our loss.

Phew, think I covered that rather well "

Couldn’t of put it better myself haha

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I’ve seen it, heard it and read it. I don’t get it either.

It isn’t just men that say it though

I've never understood that phrase. "

Lorna's boobs!!

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"So, It's our loss as we didn't want to meet someone who wanted to meet us, but because we declined the meet it's our loss, so the meet won't now take place which creates the loss, so the loss is our loss and not their loss, because if it was their loss then the loss would be there's, but the loss can't be there's because it should be our loss.

Phew, think I covered that rather well "

nicely done

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"They were hoping one day someone would start a thread about it.

"

Today is that magical bloody day. All hail Daddy Deadpool!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss."

Never mind that, I've heard stories of beautiful women becoming fat and ugly when they've rejected someone, wtf is that all about ?

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Quite literally it means they are confident that had you met, you would have had a great time, hence you have lost something by not meeting them.

In reality, it means they are a bit peeved by the rejection and want to make feel like you've been rejected, not them.

over a year ago

Women use it as well. And couples. It means ‘fuck you for not wanting to meet me, I’m amazing!!!! No I’m not upset it’s their loss not mine, didn’t wanna meet them anywan’

By *ecretpassion100Couple
over a year ago

Walsall

Because they want to remain the superior being lol

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss.

Never mind that, I've heard stories of beautiful women becoming fat and ugly when they've rejected someone, wtf is that all about ?"

Some people love fat and ugly is a perception down to the individual. Your idea id ugly is another's idea of beauty

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Women use it as well. And couples. It means ‘fuck you for not wanting to meet me, I’m amazing!!!! No I’m not upset it’s their loss not mine, didn’t wanna meet them anywan’"

very accurate

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss."

Could it be something to do with how you’ve worded your reply?

over a year ago

I've had a few losses

over a year ago

We've had quite a bit of abuse off single males on here simply because we've met singles before. I sure some em think it's there god given rite you should meet them as well pmsfl I just tell em to fuck off lol. If Leanne wants to meet that's different as long as when they chat its respectful dont get me wrong sometimes she dont want the respect she enjoys the dirty talk lol and I'm not saying all are the same there are sum decent guys on here that we will reply to. But no means fuckin no and fancy a qwic fuck is getting you no where ha ha.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I usually make them feel as if I’m doing them a favour

over a year ago

You can't have lost something you've never had!

Accept the fact that you will never be everyone's cup of tea

over a year ago

It's just arrogance in my humble opinion and really kinda justifies why you rejected in the first place

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"We've had quite a bit of abuse off single males on here simply because we've met singles before. I sure some em think it's there god given rite you should meet them as well pmsfl I just tell em to fuck off lol. If Leanne wants to meet that's different as long as when they chat its respectful dont get me wrong sometimes she dont want the respect she enjoys the dirty talk lol and I'm not saying all are the same there are sum decent guys on here that we will reply to. But no means fuckin no and fancy a qwic fuck is getting you no where ha ha."

Off topic slightly, but we've been on here about four years, probably get around ten messages a day from single men, reject 99% of them, yet have only had two abusive messages. That's out of about 1300 rejections.

We reject by not replying to mails. Maybe that's the way to not get abused?

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss.

Could it be something to do with how you’ve worded your reply? "

I believe "No thank you" is my usual reply.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss.

Never mind that, I've heard stories of beautiful women becoming fat and ugly when they've rejected someone, wtf is that all about ?

Some people love fat and ugly is a perception down to the individual. Your idea id ugly is another's idea of beauty "

Why are you raising an eye at me, I've don't call anyone fat and/or ugly, I take rejection well as it's just someone's personal preference.

I'm saying some guys call women beautiful and then change instantly when rejected which is dam false and kinda sad

over a year ago

Haha had this from both Men & Women and pretty sure they’ve been wrong on every count

over a year ago

"We've had quite a bit of abuse off single males on here simply because we've met singles before. I sure some em think it's there god given rite you should meet them as well pmsfl I just tell em to fuck off lol. If Leanne wants to meet that's different as long as when they chat its respectful dont get me wrong sometimes she dont want the respect she enjoys the dirty talk lol and I'm not saying all are the same there are sum decent guys on here that we will reply to. But no means fuckin no and fancy a qwic fuck is getting you no where ha ha.

Off topic slightly, but we've been on here about four years, probably get around ten messages a day from single men, reject 99% of them, yet have only had two abusive messages. That's out of about 1300 rejections.

We reject by not replying to mails. Maybe that's the way to not get abused? "

Ha ha your probably right but I just cant my self sometimes ??

By *adeite OP   Woman
over a year ago

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss.

Some people love fat and ugly is a perception down to the individual. Your idea id ugly is another's idea of beauty

Why are you raising an eye at me, I've don't call anyone fat and/or ugly, I take rejection well as it's just someone's personal preference.

I'm saying some guys call women beautiful and then change instantly when rejected which is dam false and kinda sad "

I was just saying too.

I use your as a term for everyone otherwise I would have said you and been direct. Chill dude

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss.

I'm saying some guys call women beautiful and then change instantly when rejected which is dam false and kinda sad

I was just saying too.

I use your as a term for everyone otherwise I would have said you and been direct. Chill dude "

Apologies, I read it wrong

over a year ago

"We've had quite a bit of abuse off single males on here simply because we've met singles before. I sure some em think it's there god given rite you should meet them as well pmsfl I just tell em to fuck off lol. If Leanne wants to meet that's different as long as when they chat its respectful dont get me wrong sometimes she dont want the respect she enjoys the dirty talk lol and I'm not saying all are the same there are sum decent guys on here that we will reply to. But no means fuckin no and fancy a qwic fuck is getting you no where ha ha.

We reject by not replying to mails. Maybe that's the way to not get abused? "

Lucky you I don’t even need to get an initial message to reject before the abuse comes

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'm very confused.

Let's discuss."

Women use this as well. It's a common phrase associated with rejection in general.

over a year ago

We reject by not replying to mails. Maybe that's the way to not get abused?

Lucky you I don’t even need to get an initial message to reject before the abuse comes "

I dont bite anymore lol just laugh it's there loss pmsfl ha ha x

Post new Message to Thread