Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

of a superior nature?

Jump to newest

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Do you think some people respond to posts on the forums just to have a dig and to patronise others? Or do they just enjoy the reaction from others?

I think personally its a bit of both, and some enjoy upsetting others. I don't like how some posters (not regular or older posters) get pulled on their spelling or grammar as I eel this could exclude newbies from posting.

I admit, on occasions, I find forums intimidating, but will put my point across as best as I can even if the majority do not agree. Do you feel the same or dont you give a rats ass to what others think?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i thought this was a swingers website x

but whatever i say im wrong lol x

Reply privately

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

"i thought this was a swingers website x

but whatever i say im wrong lol x "

It is, but the lounge, I thought was for general chat. Im not having a go at you or anyone in particular, it was a general moan.

If others feel this way fairy snuff, I wont mention general thoughts on here and will only discuss swinging x

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"i thought this was a swingers website x

but whatever i say im wrong lol x

It is, but the lounge, I thought was for general chat. Im not having a go at you or anyone in particular, it was a general moan.

If others feel this way fairy snuff, I wont mention general thoughts on here and will only discuss swinging x"

You're right - this is the lounge - a forum for discussing things of a non-swinging nature. It shows we're actually human and not sex robots.

I agree with your original point by the way - there are some abrasive people on here who seem to make it their aim to turn every thread into a bun-fight. It's a shame because I think it discourages new posters. But they're entitled to post and as they know where the boundaries are that would get them a ban, there's not a lot anyone can do about it except try not to be baited by the sad little characters.

Reply privately

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

You're right - this is the lounge - a forum for discussing things of a non-swinging nature. It shows we're actually human and not sex robots.

I agree with your original point by the way - there are some abrasive people on here who seem to make it their aim to turn every thread into a bun-fight. It's a shame because I think it discourages new posters. But they're entitled to post and as they know where the boundaries are that would get them a ban, there's not a lot anyone can do about it except try not to be baited by the sad little characters."

Totally agree. Debates are very interesting, and I wouldnt dream of anyone with a differenciating opinion to be stopped from posting, its just those who like to rile others just to get a look at me or what have you.

Every opinion counts! Unless they disagree with mine (joke btw!)

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"

I agree with your original point by the way - there are some abrasive people on here who seem to make it their aim to turn every thread into a bun-fight. It's a shame because I think it discourages new posters. But they're entitled to post and as they know where the boundaries are that would get them a ban, there's not a lot anyone can do about it except try not to be baited by the sad little characters.

Totally agree. Debates are very interesting, and I wouldnt dream of anyone with a differenciating opinion to be stopped from posting, its just those who like to rile others just to get a look at me or what have you.

Every opinion counts! Unless they disagree with mine (joke btw!) "

There's debating then there's just baiting. It's those who hijack threads with negative, nasty comments that hack me off - and it's the same names over and over.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have learnt to ignore certain posters threads and comments. No point in letting peeps whom I do not care about wind me up!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have learnt to ignore certain posters threads and comments. No point in letting peeps whom I do not care about wind me up! "

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"I have learnt to ignore certain posters threads and comments. No point in letting peeps whom I do not care about wind me up! "

Best solution

Reply privately

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

Can I have a dose of your medicine please

Lol

I know I should just ignore and I do as I dont post exactly what Im thinking to those posters but sometimes rarrrrrrrrrr (angryface needed!)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Often by the time I see a new post it's pointless posting as either it's already been said and there is either a long debate going on or an argument. I read what's been said but rarely comment as I've no desire to antagonise them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Often by the time I see a new post it's pointless posting as either it's already been said and there is either a long debate going on or an argument. I read what's been said but rarely comment as I've no desire to antagonise them"
. Me and you are on same page x

Reply privately

over a year ago

The OP has made a valid point I'm afraid

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

its not just here. i joind another site posted on the forum thread asking advice asking about getting my avitor. well the forums went into melt down saying i was a fake and puppet master. still don know what that means. luck fme ive got thick skin. they obviosly where putting me throw my paces and it had to be the king and qeen of the forum doin it lol. it went right over there heads that the only reason i hadnt got a picture up was because i had been asking how to do it. anyway i told the queen a few home truths and cancelled myccount. this site is one of the better ones for forums it doest have a king or queen. just a lot of court jesters lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/05/12 01:02:09]

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I know I should just ignore and I do as I dont post exactly what Im thinking to those posters but sometimes rarrrrrrrrrr (angryface needed!)"

Im more of an or type of poster (sometimes )

If ever I am drawn towards I will and step away from the keyboard...

Reply privately

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

"its not just here. i joind another site posted on the forum thread asking advice asking about getting my avitor. well the forums went into melt down saying i was a fake and puppet master. still don know what that means. luck fme ive got thick skin. they obviosly where putting me throw my paces and it had to be the king and qeen of the forum doin it lol. it went right over there heads that the only reason i hadnt got a picture up was because i had been asking how to do it. anyway i told the queen a few home truths and cancelled myccount. this site is one of the better ones for forums it doest have a king or queen. just a lot of court jesters lol"

See, I havent recognised any kings or queens on here (probably cos I dont give that much notice) but I do notice the same ones antagonising or patronising or even the same response over and over again.

I just feel for those who dont have the 'perfect' grammar/spelling/or even opinions as the more vocal forumites who will not post on here cos they feel intimidated.

Reply privately

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

" I know I should just ignore and I do as I dont post exactly what Im thinking to those posters but sometimes rarrrrrrrrrr (angryface needed!)

Im more of an or type of poster (sometimes )

If ever I am drawn towards I will and step away from the keyboard..."

I know what you mean, and if there was a smiley for biting one's tongue it would be well over used by me on here I have to admit.

I try and stay away from political and news threads, mainly cos I havent a clue, but posts from everyday life I have experiencd of, I will post my view and try to put it as reasonable as I can. Yes, it will probably be shot own in flames,but hey, its an open forum/discussion so I'll have a go of getting involved so long as its not personal and I have an opinion or know my facts etc.

Domt get why people can get so personal on here though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is a deff clique here x

Reply privately

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

"There is a deff clique here x"

Ooooo you'll get burnt at the stake for saying that lol

X

Not sure its a clique, just think its more familiarity (sic) than anything else. Just think each poster should be given a chance rather than jumped all over at any given chance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a deff clique here x

X

Not sure its a clique, just think its more familiarity (sic) than anything else. Just think each poster should be given a chance rather than jumped all over at any given chance."

. Lol agreed x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Often by the time I see a new post it's pointless posting as either it's already been said and there is either a long debate going on or an argument. I read what's been said but rarely comment as I've no desire to antagonise them. Me and you are on same page x "

"Waves at Chelsea"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its not just here. i joind another site posted on the forum thread asking advice asking about getting my avitor. well the forums went into melt down saying i was a fake and puppet master. still don know what that means. luck fme ive got thick skin. they obviosly where putting me throw my paces and it had to be the king and qeen of the forum doin it lol. it went right over there heads that the only reason i hadnt got a picture up was because i had been asking how to do it. anyway i told the queen a few home truths and cancelled myccount. this site is one of the better ones for forums it doest have a king or queen. just a lot of court jesters lol"

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Amusing...no one has noticed the irony of this thread, however I'll comment.

There was a time the forums had a full squad of spelling police. The Mods and other forum users, those not afraid to raise their heads above the parapet, made it clear making fun of people didn't make you look clever...just the opposite in fact. Some went the pm route. Not wanting to alienate themselves on the forums they corrected you in private. I speak from personal experience and my spelling, vocabulary and general intelligence is pretty good...Lord knows what they send to those who struggle.

You also have the professional victims on here: equally annoying. They post, usually a whinge to garner sympathy then go into petulant passive aggressive strops because not everyone is saying diddums poor you.

We will NEVER get everyone to agree with out point of view. Just because someone doesn't agree with you or reply in a there, there manner it doesn't follow they're baiting. Blimey, you can hardly say boo to a goose on the forums these days without being given a time out.

Personally I think the forums have become dull. Don't get me wrong, adults should be able to debate without insults and some people should realise saying there, there is not always the best approach.

As for cliques: hell yeah they're here and anyone claiming they're not I'll come out and say you're delusional.

Reply privately

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman
over a year ago

amersham

I wholly agree with the OP.

I'm quite new to all this and the forums (fora?) make me laugh out loud over and over. There are also lots of interesting discussions, opinions and facts and they can be very informative.

I am all for a good debate and having a laugh and you should be able to put a differing opinion forward without falling out with anyone or giving offence but some posters seem determined to mock or criticise to such a degree that they can only mean to cause offence and belittle and it is very unwelcoming. I have only posted a new thread once and I won't bother again.

Reply privately

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"I wholly agree with the OP.

I'm quite new to all this and the forums (fora?) make me laugh out loud over and over. There are also lots of interesting discussions, opinions and facts and they can be very informative.

I am all for a good debate and having a laugh and you should be able to put a differing opinion forward without falling out with anyone or giving offence but some posters seem determined to mock or criticise to such a degree that they can only mean to cause offence and belittle and it is very unwelcoming. I have only posted a new thread once and I won't bother again. "

you are right,a lot of regular forum members have got fed up with it and gone off line for a while,me included,but hey im back and it seems a friendlier place at the moment

Reply privately

over a year ago

the grammar correctors usually havent got fck all else to pull someone up on. and yeh you do get the impression some posters have a superiority complex

Reply privately

over a year ago

As ever Miss-Tress hits the nail bang on the head.

Those saying no cliques are in denial. EVERY forum has cliques it is the nature of the beast. In my opinion we certainly have one poster who gennuinely believes that he is king of the forum and 2 who would like to think that they are the queen of it. Don't get me started on those that want to be see seen as court jester - with one or two noticable exception most of the forum comedians are dull and tedious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many a time I feel people use forums to just bad mouth people and criticize

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a deff clique here x

X

Not sure its a clique, just think its more familiarity (sic) than anything else. Just think each poster should be given a chance rather than jumped all over at any given chance."

completely off topic but what does (sic) mean? i've seen it in magazines too but never understood its meaning so heres my chance to find out and ammuse some with my ignorance

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I am going to partly disagree with the OP, totally agree that the Lounge is used for any subject and this is one of many subjects that are quite acceptable, it would be weird if we were only allowed to discuss swinging in it's purest form! (what the hell is that anyway!)

Also agree that there are occasionally spelling police that don't make sufficient allowance for predictive text and poor entry options etc.

BUT

I do also think that some posts are unanswerable as the spelling and grammer is so bad you are not quite sure what the question is, though on a recent example some valid answers were attempted.

Other questions are asked where the only option acceptable to the OP is total agreement which should never happen in life let alone a forum, and these are the ones that seem to go down hill fast!

As for cliques, nonsense that would require an offline conspiricy to syncronaise forum use! NOPE what you have is regulars that have probably answered and read each others answers to the same question time and time again, but still make the effort to keep the forums alive by answering again! Far nicer than refering every new poster to the search facility.

As for the jesters, if you are not willing to risk your sense of humour when a thread amuses you then the forum would be a poorer place, even if others don't see the funny side!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

As always when these type of threads are started, it turns up with people having a pop at others and thinking it is ok to do as it is a general question.

It isn't ok to do as the rules say.

Just to say everyone can have a say on the forums, everyone can disagree until their hearts content....but if people attack others while disagreeing then yes there is time outs. No one is above forum rules.

The best thing to do is check out the forum rules before posting and especially the summary at the top and you can't go far wrong.

If anyone annoys the hell out of you, ignore them.

Shutting this now to stop any more digs at people.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Reply privately