Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kids birthdays

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So it's my eldest's birthday today and as much we've made it as special as possible obviously it's not quite the same. I'm feeling very emotional today because my baby is not a baby anymore

Does anyone feel emotional on their children's birthday or am I just a weirdo?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You’re not a weirdo. Every time O hits his month older milestone I get emotional

God knows how I’ll be when he turns one

over a year ago

"You’re not a weirdo. Every time O hits his month older milestone I get emotional

God knows how I’ll be when he turns one"

Kids do funny things to us don't they? Good to know it's not just me

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

Definitely not emotional. Our son was four weeks old yesterday and that felt like a major milestone. Beginning to realise everything to do with a child’s growth and development is going to come with a lot of emotion Xx

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Yes. I get emotional at 20 4&5 year olds running round

over a year ago

"You’re not a weirdo. Every time O hits his month older milestone I get emotional

God knows how I’ll be when he turns one

Kids do funny things to us don't they? Good to know it's not just me "

Yep! I think I have tears in my eyes every single day because he’s done something to make me so chuffing proud

over a year ago

"Yes. I get emotional at 20 4&5 year olds running round "

Daaaaaaaad! I’m 23!

over a year ago

"Definitely not emotional. Our son was four weeks old yesterday and that felt like a major milestone. Beginning to realise everything to do with a child’s growth and development is going to come with a lot of emotion Xx"

I can’t believe it’s already been four weeks?!

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

I always get emotional on my daughters' birthdays. They are always in such a rush to get to the next birthday but I just want time to slow down so we can ask enjoy their childhood.

over a year ago

"Definitely not emotional. Our son was four weeks old yesterday and that felt like a major milestone. Beginning to realise everything to do with a child’s growth and development is going to come with a lot of emotion Xx"

Very true xx Where did the last 4 weeks go???

over a year ago

"Yes. I get emotional at 20 4&5 year olds running round "

Haha! I've got that in October if possible

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

"Definitely not emotional. Our son was four weeks old yesterday and that felt like a major milestone. Beginning to realise everything to do with a child’s growth and development is going to come with a lot of emotion Xx

I can’t believe it’s already been four weeks?! "

I know. The days are slipping by with frightening speed

over a year ago

"I always get emotional on my daughters' birthdays. They are always in such a rush to get to the next birthday but I just want time to slow down so we can ask enjoy their childhood. "

I wish they would slow down, we are on mobiles and boyfriends now! I'm so not ready for this

over a year ago

"Definitely not emotional. Our son was four weeks old yesterday and that felt like a major milestone. Beginning to realise everything to do with a child’s growth and development is going to come with a lot of emotion Xx

I know. The days are slipping by with frightening speed "

Bring him when you when we meet. I neeeeeed those baby cuddles

over a year ago

"So it's my eldest's birthday today and as much we've made it as special as possible obviously it's not quite the same. I'm feeling very emotional today because my baby is not a baby anymore

Does anyone feel emotional on their children's birthday or am I just a weirdo? "

Nah, not weird at all. Mine’s 18 now and I wrote her a poem for her milestone birthday with a three verses for each year. I was crying when I wrote it and we were both sitting there with tears streaming down our faces when she read it

over a year ago

"So it's my eldest's birthday today and as much we've made it as special as possible obviously it's not quite the same. I'm feeling very emotional today because my baby is not a baby anymore

Does anyone feel emotional on their children's birthday or am I just a weirdo?

Nah, not weird at all. Mine’s 18 now and I wrote her a poem for her milestone birthday with a three verses for each year. I was crying when I wrote it and we were both sitting there with tears streaming down our faces when she read it "

Oh wow! That is so lovely!

By *nto My ArmsMan
over a year ago

Herts/London

I got emotional when they lost a tooth! I just found it so symbolic.

over a year ago

My oldest is almost 18 and one minute im carrying him home from nursery and next minute hes walking around with a bumfluff beard and almost a man, I reminisce every day

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

Bring him when you when we meet. I neeeeeed those baby cuddles "

Nooo... he won’t be coming North with me straight away. I have someone to meet on the way up and children won’t be part of that, and I’ll have some work to do in Scotland as well. It’ll be a busy trip... but we’ll be coming up as a family later in the year. You’ll definitely meet him then

over a year ago

"I got emotional when they lost a tooth! I just found it so symbolic. "

It is, it's a milestone and they are very symbolic.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

"My oldest is almost 18 and one minute im carrying him home from nursery and next minute hes walking around with a bumfluff beard and almost a man, I reminisce every day "

I think we’ll be feeling exactly this before we know it

over a year ago

"My oldest is almost 18 and one minute im carrying him home from nursery and next minute hes walking around with a bumfluff beard and almost a man, I reminisce every day "

Bumfluff!

over a year ago

Bring him when you when we meet. I neeeeeed those baby cuddles

Nooo... he won’t be coming North with me straight away. I have someone to meet on the way up and children won’t be part of that, and I’ll have some work to do in Scotland as well. It’ll be a busy trip... but we’ll be coming up as a family later in the year. You’ll definitely meet him then "

Eeeeek

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Children really do grow up in the blink of an eye, you bring them home and before you know it they are starting school, getting jobs and going off getting married, or at least mine did

Just take lots of photo’s, it’s wonderful to look back on and great for embarrassing them in later life

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

It must be so hard for them. We're adults and only just coping.

My eldest has missed out on his final year of school and it breaks my heart. He isn't that fussed to be honest. But his birthday is soon and we won't be able to celebrate the way we would have wanted to.

We can only do what we can though?!

Jo.Xx

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I often look back on videos of my son when he was a little boy. The most adorable, innocent and sweet child one could imagine. I was constantly hugging him and being affectionate as if giving thanks for having someone so wonderful in my life.

I realize now that little boy is gone as he's a 14 year old teenager just 4 inches shorter than I am. Moody, but still with that core of sweetness that makes me swell with pride.

Even when he becomes a grown man, part of me will always look at him as my sweet little boy. Shame Corona kept me from his birthday recently.

over a year ago

I was just going through old facebook albums today with my kids.. I like when nostalgia kicks in.. and telling them about the day they were born, what happened and any funny stories surrounding pregnancies and births. embrace it! It's not the same but it's a memory to hold too.. my eldest had a lockdown bday as well. Happy bday to your - always - baby ! And happy motherversary as my friends say x

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

Does anyone feel emotional on their children's birthday or am I just a weirdo? "

Good god no your def not lol..my eldest is 15 in July and 6ft and growing...when did that happen J x

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I cried for a week when my baby turned 18 ..

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Wait until the day they leave home. I was an absolute wreck and cried all the way home on the 75 minute journey.

I get what you mean about them being young too. Time flies so quickly, I can feel emotional when I see them sleeping as they look innocent angels and I wish I could keep them innocent sometimes.

over a year ago

I often feel emotional when I think about my son not just on his birthday, although his birthday is a very special day for a number of reasons. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to be parted from him at this time and truly feel for you, if you aren’t able to see your children at the moment. I am eternally grateful he is home from Uni at the moment and I can listen to him making his music in the next room, and give him a hug each night and when he finally rises from his pit each day. Lockdown has brought us closer again and we are often reminiscing over dinner or while out for our daily walks.

Post new Message to Thread