Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Long Island medium

Jump to newest

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Has anyone seen this?

It's about a medium and the cameras follow her.

The things she knows about people who have passed and those mourning them well, it's freaky and she's spot on.

This isn't in an audience

setting just her out and about.

The people she speaks with are blown away at the messages. And are left feeling positive about the experience.

Are you a believer?

open minded to the possibilities?

Or is it just a load of bollocks.

I am open minded and from watching her, I want to believe.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am open minded... I was always very sceptical, however the last few years and some experiences shared by people close to me has started to sway me.

I know a lot of mediums etc use theory of mind... suggestibility, but

There has to be more right?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Has anyone seen this?

The things she knows about people who have passed and those mourning them well, it's freaky and she's spot on.

The people she speaks with are blown away at the messages. And are left feeling positive about the experience.

Are you a believer?

I am open minded and from watching her, I want to believe."

I saw derren brown do the same magic trick

It's amazing

But no shes a con artist if she pretends her magic secret is talking to the dead

And that's very very low indeed

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Mary loves Dick type medium?

https://youtu.be/2ZCChwZL17A

over a year ago

I'm a sceptic, I think theres some very clever scammers out there but then theres some things that are pretty amazing and hard to explain

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Has anyone seen this?

Are you a believer?

I am open minded and from watching her, I want to believe.

I saw derren brown do the same magic trick

It's amazing

But no shes a con artist if she pretends her magic secret is talking to the dead

And that's very very low indeed

"

I saw this and yes, people can be low life charlatans and he proved that.

But that doesn't mean that others aren't for real

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I am open minded... I was always very sceptical, however the last few years and some experiences shared by people close to me has started to sway me.

I know a lot of mediums etc use theory of mind... suggestibility, but

There has to be more right? "

I'd like to think so

over a year ago

I haven’t seen it and I wouldn’t consider watching it.

I’m of the Han Solo opinion on these kinda things...

“Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.”

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I'm a sceptic, I think theres some very clever scammers out there but then theres some things that are pretty amazing and hard to explain "

There is not a single method

But for certain it's all a trick

At no point are they communicating with an ex human mind

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I'm a sceptic, I think theres some very clever scammers out there but then theres some things that are pretty amazing and hard to explain

At no point are they communicating with an ex human mind "

How can you walk up to someone and know something no one else can possibly know

over a year ago

I’m a believer but not of the ones that go on tv. She was called out and proven to be a fake btw.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I’m a believer but not of the ones that go on tv. She was called out and proven to be a fake btw."

Really..fuck..I am so gullible

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm a sceptic, I think theres some very clever scammers out there but then theres some things that are pretty amazing and hard to explain

How can you walk up to someone and know something no one else can possibly know "

I

If they're actors. I think that's one possible explanation

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

How can you walk up to someone and know something no one else can possibly know "

Exactly the same way magicians do it

And just because we cant fathom their method jumping imidiatly to a dead brain told them is even less fathomable

The mediums catch themselves out they never answer a question they have not scripted

They cannot work under a controlled environment

They never answer the real unknowns if they did all murders would be solved etc

Their "knowledge " is far too selective for them to have a true pathway into a dead mind

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

How can you walk up to someone and know something no one else can possibly know I

If they're actors. I think that's one possible explanation"

Sadly they can be more vile and invasive

There is no level they will not stoop

Pic pocketing , bin searches, made up family home visits to mine data , internet hacks and family searches , eves dropping

Often the con artist knows the hook the convincer

Indeed now ask how if they are not talking to the dead

Very intimate research

The street stuff there are a number of methods depends if we can rule out actors or not but the random victim they have the knowledge on is never random sadly

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Don't believe in this myself. I know that producers make TV to entertain and you can’t believe anything you see on TV, they make it all up behind the scenes in the name of entertainment. It’s also easy to research deaths and to read and suggest to grieving or desperate people , there minds are open to it.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

How can you walk up to someone and know something no one else can possibly know I

If they're actors. I think that's one possible explanation"

I wouldn't have expected them to use actors as surely that would come out

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

If they're actors. I think that's one possible explanation

Sadly they can be more vile and invasive

There is no level they will not stoop

Pic pocketing , bin searches, made up family home visits to mine data , internet hacks and family searches , eves dropping

Often the con artist knows the hook the convincer

Indeed now ask how if they are not talking to the dead

Very intimate research

The street stuff there are a number of methods depends if we can rule out actors or not but the random victim they have the knowledge on is never random sadly

"

Pic pocketing , bin searches, made up family home visits to mine data , internet hacks and family searches , eves dropping..these are pretty shitty things to do

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I’m a believer but not of the ones that go on tv. She was called out and proven to be a fake btw.

Really..fuck..I am so gullible "

All the TV stuff is set up most have been caught with an electronic information feed

Many send home visits to audience member homes to dig for nuggets

When performing the trick

80 ish percent can be cold reading very simple to do especially if your victim is helpful

Then usually all one needs is one or two pure fact nugget convincers these stand out as fuck me they are bang bang on how on earth

These facts they know and they dont know from God or a dead brain

If not performed as a magic trick the con artist is a vile invasive manipulator

over a year ago

"I’m a believer but not of the ones that go on tv. She was called out and proven to be a fake btw.

Really..fuck..I am so gullible

All the TV stuff is set up most have been caught with an electronic information feed

Many send home visits to audience member homes to dig for nuggets

When performing the trick

80 ish percent can be cold reading very simple to do especially if your victim is helpful

Then usually all one needs is one or two pure fact nugget convincers these stand out as fuck me they are bang bang on how on earth

These facts they know and they dont know from God or a dead brain

If not performed as a magic trick the con artist is a vile invasive manipulator "

Psychological study will tell you this is ToM and explains a lot of magic and mediums ability to draw on the person in front of them.. its reading people and subtly extracting info... something we all do to a degree on a daily basis.

And for the most part I do agree. However there have been a coupe of people that I have spoken to that this does not explain.. to the extent that I am curios to see this medium myself just to see what they come up with. I am sceptic.. but sometimes there's that odd little thing that does not add up..

over a year ago

When I was about 8 I played with ouija board (that I made myself), a needle and a candle. Then I went to mum and said to her that the board told me my grandfather from father's side named xxx has passed away 3 weeks ago. The parents split up when I was 3. There was no mentioning of my farther or his family since. They were not in touch. I didn't know the grandfather's name. The following day mother has located the contact of my father, phoned him and got confirmation of what I've said. She was horrified and believed ever since that I've brought ghosts into the house. Moved the house few years later.

Say what you like, but I'm a believer of something out there. I'm sure something from beyond has saved my skin a few times when reflecting back through my life.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"When I was about 8 I played with ouija board (that I made myself), a needle and a candle. Then I went to mum and said to her that the board told me my grandfather from father's side named xxx has passed away 3 weeks ago. The parents split up when I was 3. There was no mentioning of my farther or his family since. They were not in touch. I didn't know the grandfather's name. The following day mother has located the contact of my father, phoned him and got confirmation of what I've said. She was horrified and believed ever since that I've brought ghosts into the house. Moved the house few years later.

Say what you like, but I'm a believer of something out there. I'm sure something from beyond has saved my skin a few times when reflecting back through my life."

I seem to remember others making those boards. It may have been after the file the exorcist.

That's pretty freaky stuff

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I would love to believe these things are real but they're just not.

over a year ago

"When I was about 8 I played with ouija board (that I made myself), a needle and a candle. Then I went to mum and said to her that the board told me my grandfather from father's side named xxx has passed away 3 weeks ago. The parents split up when I was 3. There was no mentioning of my farther or his family since. They were not in touch. I didn't know the grandfather's name. The following day mother has located the contact of my father, phoned him and got confirmation of what I've said. She was horrified and believed ever since that I've brought ghosts into the house. Moved the house few years later.

Say what you like, but I'm a believer of something out there. I'm sure something from beyond has saved my skin a few times when reflecting back through my life.

I seem to remember others making those boards. It may have been after the file the exorcist.

That's pretty freaky stuff"

Has freaked my mother out for sure. She burned the board (was only a sheet of cardboard that I've written and drew things on) and forbid me to play with anything like that ever again. The house was creaky, especially when windy outside. Every time a stranger sound would be heard she was blaming me for bringing in the ghosts. She looked genuinely afraid.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I would love to believe these things are real but they're just not."

Having lost people close to me I'd like to believe

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Has freaked my mother out for sure. She burned the board (was only a sheet of cardboard that I've written and drew things on) and forbid me to play with anything like that ever again. The house was creaky, especially when windy outside. Every time a stranger sound would be heard she was blaming me for bringing in the ghosts. She looked genuinely afraid."

I'd be afraid too if I thought I'd got unwanted ghosts popping in

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

That's pretty freaky stuff"

Iv participated in a fair few

Especially between 14 and 25

Every time the others involved have been utterly convinced they have encountered a spirit

And of course you will have guessed every time it was me

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Has freaked my mother out for sure. She burned the board (was only a sheet of cardboard that I've written and drew things on) and forbid me to play with anything like that ever again. The house was creaky, especially when windy outside. Every time a stranger sound would be heard she was blaming me for bringing in the ghosts. She looked genuinely afraid.

I'd be afraid too if I thought I'd got unwanted ghosts popping in"

Really I'd be so excited

But alas

over a year ago

"I would love to believe these things are real but they're just not.

Having lost people close to me I'd like to believe"

Then believe. No one knows for sure either way.

over a year ago

"I would love to believe these things are real but they're just not.

Having lost people close to me I'd like to believe"

If it helps then believe

My opinion on it is that it shouldn't be used as a way to exploit people or to make money. If someone has a genuine message for you, they will let you know x

over a year ago

"

I'd be afraid too if I thought I'd got unwanted ghosts popping in"

I do believe there was something. There were some strange things happening in the house since that day and until we've moved. Mostly at night when all family was meant to be sleeping, but sometimes other times of the day too.

over a year ago

Iv participated in a fair few

Especially between 14 and 25

Every time the others involved have been utterly convinced they have encountered a spirit

And of course you will have guessed every time it was me

"

I was playing with it alone. The name might have been in my subconscious from having heard it when I was little. However there was no way of knowing he had passed away and when.

Post new Message to Thread