Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glass half full

Jump to newest

By *orthern Stars OP   Couple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Are you a glass half full or glass half empty type of person?

We are half full type of people. We always try to look on the bright side of life and the positives in everything, even through our troubled times. It's not always easy to be positive but it's worth the effort.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I'm an engineer by trade. My glass isn't half-full or half-empty. It's twice as big as it needs to be!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it’s been really hard to stay glass half full but I think on the whole we haven’t done too bad

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm definitely a glass half full person, always optimistic but a realist at the same time

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think just working at being positive is possible for everyone, particularly when times are troubled. Sometimes we struggle and need to acknowledge our pain. Sometimes we need to be with others who understand what we're going through.

I used to be firmly in the half empty camp. That's changing. Before it began to, I needed solidarity and empathy. I still often do now.

over a year ago

Glass half full.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Are you a glass half full or glass half empty type of person?

We are half full type of people. We always try to look on the bright side of life and the positives in everything, even through our troubled times. It's not always easy to be positive but it's worth the effort."

If it's half full you need to neck it and pour another

over a year ago

As long as I have a glass I'm happy enough

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I'm pretty thankful to have a glass of something, these days.

over a year ago

Definitely glass full

over a year ago

I’m not trusted with glasses anymore

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"I'm definitely a glass half full person, always optimistic but a realist at the same time "

me on a good day

over a year ago

Im a glass half full really, even when my glass has a crack in it

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Half full absolutely. While i'll acknowledge that i've had a fortunate existence thus far that contributes to this, wallowing in self pity does no one any good and often just attracts more personal strife and misery.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I'm a glass half full and then I'll knock the fucker over

over a year ago

But if its half full then it's also half empty at the same time? And I see both, which can be hard. It does fluctuate. And it's fine with me

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"But if its half full then it's also half empty at the same time? And I see both, which can be hard. It does fluctuate. And it's fine with me

"

I'm getting to this point, and that's just fine by me

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

I want my glass full at all times

over a year ago

I’m neither half full or half empty

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I can only have beakers. It’s half full though

over a year ago

"I’m neither half full or half empty "

Now you made me scratch my head

over a year ago

"I’m neither half full or half empty

Now you made me scratch my head "

Exactly

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Definitely glass full "

Me too

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We are half full type of people. We always try to look on the bright side of life and the positives in everything, even through our troubled times. It's not always easy to be positive but it's worth the effort.

If it's half full you need to neck it and pour another"

I like your thinking

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Half full absolutely. While i'll acknowledge that i've had a fortunate existence thus far that contributes to this, wallowing in self pity does no one any good and often just attracts more personal strife and misery."

Spot on

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"I can only have beakers. It’s half full though "

over a year ago

I used to be half full.

I'm now mostly empty but sometimes there's a mouthful of Dr Pepper in the bottom. Sometimes the Dr Pepper isn't even flat and has bubbles and ice cubes.

Mostly though it comes down to the situation itself. If there are other people I need to either rely on or depend on, I go in with ice cold Dr Pepper but leave with warm piss.

P

over a year ago

Usually overflowing but not so the last day or two. Guess that’s only normal with life the way it is at the moment but I definitely need topping up!

Miss V x

over a year ago

My glass is almost always overflowing with positivity, sometimes I have little spillages but they are rare. A lot of people dislike my positivity though, so I tend to splash them a little bit.

over a year ago

Two pints squeezed into a half pint glass. The tougher life gets the more this applies. Lately I'm feeling pretty blessed by my mental tenacity and also with my lot, especially reading through the forums lately....

over a year ago

"Two pints squeezed into a half pint glass. The tougher life gets the more this applies. Lately I'm feeling pretty blessed by my mental tenacity and also with my lot, especially reading through the forums lately.... "

you are always positive xx

over a year ago

"Two pints squeezed into a half pint glass. The tougher life gets the more this applies. Lately I'm feeling pretty blessed by my mental tenacity and also with my lot, especially reading through the forums lately....

you are always positive xx"

Do you think?

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Two pints squeezed into a half pint glass. The tougher life gets the more this applies. Lately I'm feeling pretty blessed by my mental tenacity and also with my lot, especially reading through the forums lately....

you are always positive xx"

Best way to be. Life is a rollercoaster so just got to hold on tight and try and enjoy the ride.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Definitely glass half full - always look for the positives where I can find them, and often infuriatingly so but it's the way I've always tried to look at the world - sure there are times when that positivity slips and the glass may be half empty for a while, but it's usually not long before I get a refill.

I do consider myself very lucky to be able to do that, and feel for those that can't do so quite so easily even if I can't totally understand it.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Try to keep it half full but at time u can’t put 2 qautz into a 1 qautz glass

over a year ago

I have a coffee bucket not a cup or mug, not sure what it makes me but I'm still laughing at life

over a year ago

Neither. I experience life and feel what I feel. When things aren’t going well I try to reframe the situation and find a way forward. However i like to feel my feelings, that way I feel fully alive and don’t simply adopt a positive mental attitude. Sometimes i feel it is good for me to fully experience the emotion to learn what needs to be learned from it. What is good for me isn’t necessarily good for others as we all make sense of our world differently. However I endeavour to feel empathy for others whatever they may be feeling as this helps me understand their reality a bit more, even if I don’t agree with how they are making sense of it.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’m not a positive person. I’m a worrier. I don’t display this outwardly, but trust me in my head i’m running through numerous doom laden scenarios as to the possibility of any given situation going tits up.

And i’m extremely moody.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

What's in the glass?

over a year ago

Serious question (I'm not taking the piss). What's the point of worrying or being negative?

I was a huge, fit, healthy guy, I now suffer with M.E., it's changed my life massively. I wish I didn't, but it's what it is, I enjoy the positive things in life, being negative won't help you in the long term so why waste your time on it when you could focus on the good instead?

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"What's in the glass?

"

Whatever you'd like it to be.

over a year ago

Half full........not much point otherwise.

Enjoy today and live for tomorrow

over a year ago

It's half and that's enough. Some days it's half full and some days it's half empty. If depends on the day, the situation and my mood. Being told to be positive and just be happy has never helped me. It's is what it is and no one else lives my life. Everyone's glass will be different because our lives are different. If we can accept that than that's all that matters.

By *9 kisses.Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

I always try and find the positive in everything,

People say things happen for a reason are the people that have had a gifted life where no hardship or sadness has entered their life,

Shit happens, you just need to know how to deal with it,

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Serious question (I'm not taking the piss). What's the point of worrying or being negative?

I was a huge, fit, healthy guy, I now suffer with M.E., it's changed my life massively. I wish I didn't, but it's what it is, I enjoy the positive things in life, being negative won't help you in the long term so why waste your time on it when you could focus on the good instead? "

There is no point (for me). It’s just how i am, how i’m mentally wired.

Plus life events have chipped away at my soul and left it scarred. Not an excuse, i know everyone goes through shit times at some point in their life, but it’s just how i’m wired.

I know there is no point worrying about stuff, its a waste of time and energy and is exhausting. But i do it anyway.

over a year ago

Mines not half full or half empty. I’m neither here or there. One day it could be full, next empty.

I’ve always been kind of manic with my moods and as much as I try and be positive it doesn’t always work like that. But I’ve learned to accept and understand my moods. So I’m just a half glass kinda person

over a year ago

"I always try and find the positive in everything,

People say things happen for a reason are the people that have had a gifted life where no hardship or sadness has entered their life,

"

Exactly! Dealing with things in a positive way and understanding your own behaviour and response to situations can impact on the outcome massively.

over a year ago

If you haven't got Covid-19, then your half-full at the very least

over a year ago

"Serious question (I'm not taking the piss). What's the point of worrying or being negative?

I was a huge, fit, healthy guy, I now suffer with M.E., it's changed my life massively. I wish I didn't, but it's what it is, I enjoy the positive things in life, being negative won't help you in the long term so why waste your time on it when you could focus on the good instead?

There is no point (for me). It’s just how i am, how i’m mentally wired.

Plus life events have chipped away at my soul and left it scarred. Not an excuse, i know everyone goes through shit times at some point in their life, but it’s just how i’m wired.

I know there is no point worrying about stuff, its a waste of time and energy and is exhausting. But i do it anyway. "

I get that it can be difficult to change your inbuilt and long term behaviours but hope that you can in time.

C can be quite negative about herself and everything. I tell her things will be OK and work out, you know what, things always work out and are always OK.

The hardest barriers that we face in life are our own insecurities and worries. Get over them and life can be a lot easier.

Oh gawd, I sound like a cheesey self help book, I'll try to shut up now...

By *quaman87Man
over a year ago

ramsey

Half full

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"I always try and find the positive in everything,

"

Im a big believer in things happen in life for a reason and I've had an immense load of hurt, struggles and shit to deal with. But I find the best way of coping is to keep on looking for the positives or it can all become unbearable. Believe me, I've been there, and I ain't ever going back there for nothing or no one.

over a year ago

We are half full type of people. We always try to look on the bright side of life and the positives in everything, even through our troubled times. It's not always easy to be positive but it's worth the effort."

Technically glass is always full. If you dont have milk, there will be air in it!

over a year ago

Technically glass is always full. If you dont have milk, there will be air in it!"

Milk?

over a year ago

I am more optimistic than most. Some say glass is half empty, some would say it's half full. I'd say " Hey, that's a nice glass"!

over a year ago

Technically glass is always full. If you dont have milk, there will be air in it!

Milk? "

If the glass was half full, the other half will have air in it. It's science!

over a year ago

Milk?

If the glass was half full, the other half will have air in it. It's science! "

Ahhh! You picture the scenario with milk! In my head its lager.

And I never understand, why not pour it into a smaller glass. The glass will then be full and it would end the debate once and for all

over a year ago

Milk?

If the glass was half full, the other half will have air in it. It's science!

Ahhh! You picture the scenario with milk! In my head its lager.

And I never understand, why not pour it into a smaller glass. The glass will then be full and it would end the debate once and for all "

Exactly. Get your glass sorted first rather than discussing why is it half full or empty. Some ppl!

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

Definitely half full. This may slip on the very odd occasion but it is rare it does

By *heeky_laughMan
over a year ago

Greasby

Time for a top up

By *atex and KinkCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Pesimistic realist here.. the worst kind. The glass is half empty with a crack hemeraging water...

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

Sometimes you have to look at it differently. Whether your glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is that it's refillable.

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

Obviously if its being filled up its half FULL and if its in thr process of being emptied its half empty Why do people insist on making every thing difficult

By *hatHappensNextCouple
over a year ago

Essex, near basildon

Oh, definitely half full. Life is tough at times but be realistic, this is nothing compared to what some people have been through and will continue to go through. TV, internet, food, drink, virtual quizzes, is it really that bad??

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"Sometimes you have to look at it differently. Whether your glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is that it's refillable."

This

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

For me a glass is half full when it's only been filled halfway. If a glass was full but half has been emptied then its half empty.

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"For me a glass is half full when it's only been filled halfway. If a glass was full but half has been emptied then its half empty."
or still half full

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Half full

Preferably in a beer garden

over a year ago

If your cup is half full, it's time to get a new bra!

over a year ago

my glass will be full later

over a year ago

Definitely half full, not to the point of head being in the clouds though. I don't think anyway.

over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"If your cup is half full, it's time to get a new bra! "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hmmm

Mathematically and to my mind

There is no half of zero

Thus if I have a pint glass and it has half a pint it is half

That's neither good or bad it's what it is half a pint?

So moving away from the flawed analogy

Personally I'm a positive person the day is NOT miserable if it's raining

I'm frighteningly positive for myself adversity rarely occurs

However I consider myself fortunate despite my own made psychological fortitude iv had the chance to harness and nurture it

I do not however live alone on this planet and just because I'm robust enough to cope with adversity I'm empathic and realistic enough to realise some very nasty things occur and some donot have the opportunity to deal with them positively

Personally I do not think one can be positive without realistically observing negative situations at face value

For example if I'm doing a risk assessment I have to be brutal with a negative perspective

The positive then comes with no one hurt

I think permanent rose tints dangerous

I think objective negativity a positive

Often on the forums if I dont post positively Im thinking of others that despite me being able to cope others may not have my luck

So disregarding half liters bad maths and arbitrary quantities of fluid being good or bad

Currently I have a basket infinitely full of great stuff

However I prefer to observe the world from a great deal of objective angles to try to understand it

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Oh and the egg always comes first x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Hmmm

Mathematically and to my mind

There is no half of zero

Thus if I have a pint glass and it has half a pint it is half

That's neither good or bad it's what it is half a pint?

So moving away from the flawed analogy

Personally I'm a positive person the day is NOT miserable if it's raining

I'm frighteningly positive for myself adversity rarely occurs

However I consider myself fortunate despite my own made psychological fortitude iv had the chance to harness and nurture it

I do not however live alone on this planet and just because I'm robust enough to cope with adversity I'm empathic and realistic enough to realise some very nasty things occur and some donot have the opportunity to deal with them positively

Personally I do not think one can be positive without realistically observing negative situations at face value

For example if I'm doing a risk assessment I have to be brutal with a negative perspective

The positive then comes with no one hurt

I think permanent rose tints dangerous

I think objective negativity a positive

Often on the forums if I dont post positively Im thinking of others that despite me being able to cope others may not have my luck

So disregarding half liters bad maths and arbitrary quantities of fluid being good or bad

Currently I have a basket infinitely full of great stuff

However I prefer to observe the world from a great deal of objective angles to try to understand it

"

This is very wise.

Post new Message to Thread