Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Posting from a friend..... OPEN OR SHUT

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My friend is too shy to post but they asked me if I could do it for them because they're scared nobody will reply, which absolutely isn't true because they have tits, beautiful big ones!

So anyway, here goes, copy and pasted as follows:

Open or shut

Are you an open book? Do you freely discuss every aspect of your life on here,the good , the bad and the ugly.or are you guarded and closed off to most? Do you think some people share too much of their troubles and in doing so can appear almost too vulnerable for a site such as this? Or the people who don't share much and keep to themselves,do they come across as cold and and distant, not someone who you would interract with?

Trust is thrown around on here,to be a major factor in who we meet.But how much trust do you give someone,when it comes to revealing too much about yourselves that could be used as a weapon against you.

From anonymous

So please be kind and reply with respect and give her the courage to post for herself and enjoy the forum just like all you ugly lot do.

Many thanks, much love and peace

Nip x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m an open book. My life isn’t that interesting, I have nothing to hide.

over a year ago

Also I ain’t ugly

over a year ago

Can you make it smaller please

over a year ago

My response would be that I'm an open book with the ppl I want to be open with and who matter to me. I don't really have much to hide tbh, I probably tell too much about my private life, my girl etc but thats what matters to me so why would I hide it?

I do however see a fuck load of "victims" seeking attention for what I often don't believe are genuine reasons, often using fake trauma etc which I find pretty sick, so I just avoid that type and interact with those who I feel I fit with and who being something to my experience.... ....but I'm a cynic, innit

over a year ago

"Can you make it smaller please "

I thought you liked a big one cheeky?

over a year ago

Once a person has gone through the vetting process I’m completely open. I have no choice it just spills out

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I'm generally a pretty open person, but there are aspects of my personal life that I choose not to share on the forums.

over a year ago

I like boobs

over a year ago

"Also I ain’t ugly "

Of course not

over a year ago

"Once a person has gone through the vetting process I’m completely open. I have no choice it just spills out"

What hoops do you use?

over a year ago

"I'm generally a pretty open person, but there are aspects of my personal life that I choose not to share on the forums. "

Wise imho

over a year ago

I'm a private person, I was raised not to talk about myself unless asked abd experience has taught me not to trust people.

over a year ago

"I like boobs "

You'd love the non-OP's

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"My friend is too shy to post but they asked me if I could do it for them because they're scared nobody will reply, which absolutely isn't true because they have tits, beautiful big ones! "

I don't think people reply to forum posts just because an invisible OP has big tits. They reply because of the content of the post.

over a year ago

No. I’m not an open book on here at all.

over a year ago

"My friend is too shy to post but they asked me if I could do it for them because they're scared nobody will reply, which absolutely isn't true because they have tits, beautiful big ones!

I don't think people reply to forum posts just because an invisible OP has big tits. They reply because of the content of the post."

You seem to have, js

over a year ago

"No. I’m not an open book on here at all. "

Yeah but you're like open an personality I think. You ooze trust and charm, you lucky thing!

over a year ago

I have been around these forums (probably for too long) and some people could be deemed as over-sharers, I guess, but if it sits well with them, then the forums can be a great place for support of the genuinely in need.

Those who turn out to be charlatans though, taking the forums for fools do eventually get hoisted by their own petard.

The banter is my main place of residence, I actively avoid controversy, as its got me into hot water with the mods, more than a few times x

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

I'm usually careful about how much I reveal in case I'm too identifiable (unless I'm pissed),but I do worry to a certain extent about the vulnerability of some people to potential predators, which sadly this site (like all others) isn't immune.

over a year ago

"I have been around these forums (probably for too long) and some people could be deemed as over-sharers, I guess, but if it sits well with them, then the forums can be a great place for support of the genuinely in need.

Those who turn out to be charlatans though, taking the forums for fools do eventually get hoisted by their own petard.

The banter is my main place of residence, I actively avoid controversy, as its got me into hot water with the mods, more than a few times x"

Can't imagine you being in any trouble, ever!

But yes, spot on with the charlatans comment!

over a year ago

"No. I’m not an open book on here at all.

Yeah but you're like open an personality I think. You ooze trust and charm, you lucky thing! "

Yeah my personality is the same and I’m very friendly. Maybe I read it wrong. And I am trustworthy. I never gossip but people seem to tell me everything! I meant I don’t share my personal stuff. At all. But yeah I’m the same on here as I am in real life. I think maybe I misinterpreted the questionnaire. that’s not like me

over a year ago

"Once a person has gone through the vetting process I’m completely open. I have no choice it just spills out

What hoops do you use?"

They have to stand out from the crowd

A uniqueness always interests

Effortless conversation

Be willing to swap numbers

Be equally interested in me

Then I’m as open as they come

over a year ago

"I'm usually careful about how much I reveal in case I'm too identifiable (unless I'm pissed),but I do worry to a certain extent about the vulnerability of some people to potential predators, which sadly this site (like all others) isn't immune."

Do you post pissed? I don't think I've ever done that, idk why, might be hilarious...

over a year ago

Yeah but you're like open an personality I think. You ooze trust and charm, you lucky thing!

Yeah my personality is the same and I’m very friendly. Maybe I read it wrong. And I am trustworthy. I never gossip but people seem to tell me everything! I meant I don’t share my personal stuff. At all. But yeah I’m the same on here as I am in real life. I think maybe I misinterpreted the questionnaire. that’s not like me "

Questionnaire?! . Ffs. I’m going to finish my Prosecco and bbq now. Have fun!

over a year ago

I've mainly been an observationist for months, just watching and judging, but it's so fluffy on here it needs some normalising, so I'm here to give my truthful input, so probably will be more open yes.

over a year ago

Ive shared plenty on here in the past that may have flagged me up to people with less than noble intentions, but they soon out themselves as up to no good. There is very little chance of me meeting most on here so I dont mind being a bit open about certain things as I can stay fairly anonymous.

over a year ago

Yeah my personality is the same and I’m very friendly. Maybe I read it wrong. And I am trustworthy. I never gossip but people seem to tell me everything! I meant I don’t share my personal stuff. At all. But yeah I’m the same on here as I am in real life. I think maybe I misinterpreted the questionnaire. that’s not like me "

Lololol I didn't even read it, just copy pasted it from what I was sent so I don't take responsibility for it's meaning

Yeah I like that about you Nora, I can't imagine you ever talking shit

over a year ago

"Once a person has gone through the vetting process I’m completely open. I have no choice it just spills out

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

Then I’m as open as they come"

Have you found anyone who ticks the boxes?

over a year ago

Yeah my personality is the same and I’m very friendly. Maybe I read it wrong. And I am trustworthy. I never gossip but people seem to tell me everything! I meant I don’t share my personal stuff. At all. But yeah I’m the same on here as I am in real life. I think maybe I misinterpreted the questionnaire. that’s not like me

Questionnaire?! . Ffs. I’m going to finish my Prosecco and bbq now. Have fun! "

over a year ago

over a year ago

It all depends on the reciever. While I try to live my life as transparent as possible, there are times I need to hold back on what I say to others. Eg. My professional life! However I am mostly transparent with people who are in the inner circle of my life. Does that answer that your question, OP?

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

"I'm usually careful about how much I reveal in case I'm too identifiable (unless I'm pissed),but I do worry to a certain extent about the vulnerability of some people to potential predators, which sadly this site (like all others) isn't immune.

Do you post pissed? I don't think I've ever done that, idk why, might be hilarious... "

next you'll be saying you've never texted pissed

over a year ago

"No. I’m not an open book on here at all. "

I would love to read that book. FAF?

over a year ago

"I've mainly been an observationist for months, just watching and judging, but it's so fluffy on here it needs some normalising, so I'm here to give my truthful input, so probably will be more open yes. "

Good

DO IT!

over a year ago

"Ive shared plenty on here in the past that may have flagged me up to people with less than noble intentions, but they soon out themselves as up to no good. There is very little chance of me meeting most on here so I dont mind being a bit open about certain things as I can stay fairly anonymous. "

Tru dat - I'm never gonna meet most of the forum so a little knowledge can't really harm me, in real life at least

over a year ago

" "

Create response big man!

over a year ago

"It all depends on the reciever. While I try to live my life as transparent as possible, there are times I need to hold back on what I say to others. Eg. My professional life! However I am mostly transparent with people who are in the inner circle of my life. Does that answer that your question, OP?"

Are you famous or summat?

over a year ago

"I'm usually careful about how much I reveal in case I'm too identifiable (unless I'm pissed),but I do worry to a certain extent about the vulnerability of some people to potential predators, which sadly this site (like all others) isn't immune.

Do you post pissed? I don't think I've ever done that, idk why, might be hilarious... next you'll be saying you've never texted pissed "

When I'm pissed I tend to just hug stuff....

over a year ago

I'm quite an open person. I don't mind sharing some things and I like a little banter on here. It does make me cringe a little when people give their whole life stories. But suppose if people feel lonely or have no one to confide in they reach out on here x

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Open book.

Took me long enough to figure me out, fuck am I gonna try and be anything else now.

over a year ago

Very few can read my writing...

over a year ago

"It all depends on the reciever. While I try to live my life as transparent as possible, there are times I need to hold back on what I say to others. Eg. My professional life! However I am mostly transparent with people who are in the inner circle of my life. Does that answer that your question, OP?

Are you famous or summat? "

Nah. Just your next door neighbor kinda guy!

over a year ago

"Open book.

Took me long enough to figure me out, fuck am I gonna try and be anything else now. "

Follow your heart

over a year ago

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

Have you found anyone who ticks the boxes?"

Yes fab is the perfect place to find people that tick all of these and more!

over a year ago

"I'm quite an open person. I don't mind sharing some things and I like a little banter on here. It does make me cringe a little when people give their whole life stories. But suppose if people feel lonely or have no one to confide in they reach out on here x"

Yep, I think fab forums can be a safe little space for some folk. Or at least that's how they might view it. That's both good and bad - some ppl just make up a persona quite happily and talk bollocks, some might use it too clear their head and work through their troubles, but others can use it to exploit ppls vulnerability....

over a year ago

"I have been around these forums (probably for too long) and some people could be deemed as over-sharers, I guess, but if it sits well with them, then the forums can be a great place for support of the genuinely in need.

The banter is my main place of residence, I actively avoid controversy, as its got me into hot water with the mods, more than a few times x

But yes, spot on with the charlatans comment!"

I do avoid trouble and stay clear of any particularly smelly lampposts!

As for being open. The people I have met from the forums have mostly said I am exactly as I appear here! Oh, except taller!!

over a year ago

"Open book.

Took me long enough to figure me out, fuck am I gonna try and be anything else now. "

over a year ago

"Very few can read my writing..."

I C U

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I'm probably less open than I have been in the past, and likely to stay that way, self preservation perhaps.

I dont ever quite feel the need to unburden in a way that works for others, but then I've always been self contained, a keeper of others secrets and one of the so called lurkers who reads more than posts.

Perhaps it's that I need to trust before I become comfortable sharing anything too personal other than with those I know I can trust...and once that trust is broken...

over a year ago

"Very few can read my writing...

I C U "

Intensive Care Unit

over a year ago

"It all depends on the reciever. While I try to live my life as transparent as possible, there are times I need to hold back on what I say to others. Eg. My professional life! However I am mostly transparent with people who are in the inner circle of my life. Does that answer that your question, OP?

Are you famous or summat?

Nah. Just your next door neighbor kinda guy!"

Would work be a problem if they knew about your fabsistence then?

over a year ago

"Open book.

Took me long enough to figure me out, fuck am I gonna try and be anything else now.

Follow your heart "

Your shoes looked like arse cheeks on my phone. Had to adjust my glasses....

over a year ago

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

Yes fab is the perfect place to find people that tick all of these and more!"

Well jell! All I get is plastic sheets ppl and nutters. .

over a year ago

But yes, spot on with the charlatans comment!

I do avoid trouble and stay clear of any particularly smelly lampposts!

As for being open. The people I have met from the forums have mostly said I am exactly as I appear here! Oh, except taller!!"

Gonna check your profile to see how giant you are now....

over a year ago

"Open book.

Follow your heart

Your shoes looked like arse cheeks on my phone. Had to adjust my glasses.... "

now you mentioned it haha it does

over a year ago

"I'm probably less open than I have been in the past, and likely to stay that way, self preservation perhaps.

I dont ever quite feel the need to unburden in a way that works for others, but then I've always been self contained, a keeper of others secrets and one of the so called lurkers who reads more than posts.

Perhaps it's that I need to trust before I become comfortable sharing anything too personal other than with those I know I can trust...and once that trust is broken...

"

Wondered where you'd gone. You should post more

over a year ago

I C U

Intensive Care Unit "

F A B

over a year ago

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

Well jell! All I get is plastic sheets ppl and nutters. . "

Travelling far and wide helps me. Work has me all over the place so I am not limited.

There are women/woman that tick all these boxes on this very thread

over a year ago

I C U

Intensive Care Unit

F A B "

Fabulous And Bearded

over a year ago

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

Travelling far and wide helps me. Work has me all over the place so I am not limited.

There are women/woman that tick all these boxes on this very thread"

I smell some juicy gossip there....

over a year ago

I C U

Intensive Care Unit

F A B

Fabulous And Bearded "

2/2

over a year ago

"I'm quite an open person. I don't mind sharing some things and I like a little banter on here. It does make me cringe a little when people give their whole life stories. But suppose if people feel lonely or have no one to confide in they reach out on here x

Yep, I think fab forums can be a safe little space for some folk. Or at least that's how they might view it. That's both good and bad - some ppl just make up a persona quite happily and talk bollocks, some might use it too clear their head and work through their troubles, but others can use it to exploit ppls vulnerability...."

Yes I've witnessed that. It's rather sad x

over a year ago

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

I smell some juicy gossip there.... "

Haha just that this thread contains some awesome, unique fabsters

over a year ago

I C U

Intensive Care Unit

F A B

Fabulous And Bearded

2/2 "

Two on two

over a year ago

"Open book.

Follow your heart "

My heart is in every sexy women's knickers!

over a year ago

What hoops do you use?

Effortless conversation

I smell some juicy gossip there....

Haha just that this thread contains some awesome, unique fabsters"

So you like tall girls?

Seriously though, yes some awesome folk in here and not enough of them are vocal

over a year ago

I generally don’t post anything personal or identifiable, occasionally I will mention something that I guess if you knew me in person, you would be able to identify me.

I also don’t over share emotionally on here or privately to others. I am naturally a private person and I don’t show my feelings/emotions freely with people I don’t know or trust...regardless of whether I met them on here or somewhere else.

over a year ago

I C U

Intensive Care Unit

F A B

Fabulous And Bearded

2/2

Two on two "

As in a sexy foursome or a fight? Or a sexy foursome wrestling match?

over a year ago

I'm more like an open pamphlet that gets shoved through your letterbox. Not a lot of detail in there and free to be read whenever, but nobody really wants to read it anyway

over a year ago

"I generally don’t post anything personal or identifiable, occasionally I will mention something that I guess if you knew me in person, you would be able to identify me.

I also don’t over share emotionally on here or privately to others. I am naturally a private person and I don’t show my feelings/emotions freely with people I don’t know or trust...regardless of whether I met them on here or somewhere else."

Are your free with boobs, coz I'd love to know more about yours....

over a year ago

"I'm more like an open pamphlet that gets shoved through your letterbox. Not a lot of detail in there and free to be read whenever, but nobody really wants to read it anyway "

Haha, that made me lol, but it's not true! You're a proper gent and funny with it

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

It depends on the topic. One to one I'm more open once I get to know them the loopy crazy me comes out and cant stop making peolle laugh with or at me.

Some people are too open and over the top making them seem desperate for attention or making everything about them and just want to avoid any such post they make.

But atm I'm not on/posting much as work nights so atm it doesnt bother me as much as if I was on all hours of the day

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I’m an open book. My life isn’t that interesting, I have nothing to hide. "

This, I'm rather dull and I'd prefer to be honest about it.

over a year ago

I'm an open book on fab. I'm talking to people that don't know me and anything I say to them won't effect my life on anyway. The rest of my life is closed book. So it's refreshing to just be able to say exactly what you are thinking without any come back. People that don't like you can move on and others stick around. I love being able to be myself of fab and not hide behind what society expects of me

over a year ago

"It depends on the topic. One to one I'm more open once I get to know them the loopy crazy me comes out and cant stop making peolle laugh with or at me.

Some people are too open and over the top making them seem desperate for attention or making everything about them and just want to avoid any such post they make.

But atm I'm not on/posting much as work nights so atm it doesnt bother me as much as if I was on all hours of the day "

Working = shagging, right?

over a year ago

"I’m an open book. My life isn’t that interesting, I have nothing to hide.

This, I'm rather dull and I'd prefer to be honest about it."

You are not dull! I reckon you're rather clever and full of knowledge too....

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Tbh, people do share to much on here or is a lot of it just bravado ?

As my profile says, discreet .. if some one wants to get to know me, then that’s is private ... u can’t make true friends via a keyboard ... yes u can make the odd fb .. and if it starts a relationship then great, but in the ole.. it’s just another social media platform ..

over a year ago

I’d say I’m pretty open with everyone at the beginning, extremely open and supportive if I like you and a hell of a bitch if I don’t.

over a year ago

"I'm an open book on fab. I'm talking to people that don't know me and anything I say to them won't effect my life on anyway. The rest of my life is closed book. So it's refreshing to just be able to say exactly what you are thinking without any come back. People that don't like you can move on and others stick around. I love being able to be myself of fab and not hide behind what society expects of me"

Do you think the ppl who don't agree with you actually move on though or are they still seething at you behind their screens?

over a year ago

I’m a very open book. I trust until I have a reason not to.

over a year ago

"Tbh, people do share to much on here or is a lot of it just bravado ?

As my profile says, discreet .. if some one wants to get to know me, then that’s is private ... u can’t make true friends via a keyboard ... yes u can make the odd fb .. and if it starts a relationship then great, but in the ole.. it’s just another social media platform .. "

I still reckon it's a community

over a year ago

I'm fairly guarded. I open up to people I trust, but everyone else sees what I let them see.

over a year ago

Totally open to anyone who's interested enough to ask.

Forums have a small cadre of judgemental participants, which is sad, but they are readily ignored, and your friend should have no fear of speaking here.

over a year ago

"I’d say I’m pretty open with everyone at the beginning, extremely open and supportive if I like you and a hell of a bitch if I don’t. "

I see you as having changed a bit over the time I've known you. You're wiser to fab and the forums and you appear more cautious now. I've always liked you and your comments and quick wittedness, and your bum..... x

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

You are not dull! I reckon you're rather clever and full of knowledge too.... "

I guess it's a matter of opinion

over a year ago

"I’m a very open book. I trust until I have a reason not to. "

Can you get past trust being broken?

How do you view trust anyway? I see it as something I give another person rather than an outright promise from them it's more that I'll give them my faith.... ....if that makes any sense? X

over a year ago

"I'm fairly guarded. I open up to people I trust, but everyone else sees what I let them see."

What would you let me see?

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm pretty much like you OP, a very closed book apart from with those close to me...those people know pretty much everything about me and I'd answer any question they asked me, but there are very few people I'm close to.

It does make me cringe a bit when I see some of the bare all threads on here, and I do sometimes think that they are attention seeking. But if that's how people are comfortable being then that's perfectly fine, I'll just skip to another thread

over a year ago

"Totally open to anyone who's interested enough to ask.

Forums have a small cadre of judgemental participants, which is sad, but they are readily ignored, and your friend should have no fear of speaking here."

It's weird because she's been here years, knows everything and everyone, yet feels ppl won't like or comment on her threads and that she's not enough of a forum face to post. That bollocks, because you've all replied right. I wish more normal folk would step up and post

over a year ago

You are not dull! I reckon you're rather clever and full of knowledge too....

I guess it's a matter of opinion "

I think you're refreshing Vs the usual shite in here

over a year ago

Forums have a small cadre of judgemental participants, which is sad, but they are readily ignored, and your friend should have no fear of speaking here.

It's weird because she's been here years, knows everything and everyone, yet feels ppl won't like or comment on her threads and that she's not enough of a forum face to post. That bollocks, because you've all replied right. I wish more normal folk would step up and post "

If she'd like to practise I'm always pleased to chat. I'm sure there have been many other such offers here too.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I used to be a more prolific poster on here, as I have probably been here 12 years now.

I felt daunted when I first joined, I then became an open book and found the more I learned about people and their behaviours, I knew I detested liars and bull shitters, so I have since regressed as others have seeked their notoriety as trying to be the more popular posters on here, such as how often they can be named the most in the 'kiss, fuck, ignore' or 'FAF' threads, And I can vouch I have never posted on any such thread in my life.

So now, if I do post it's either a truth seeking thread, which I will post my truth or call out the shite sometimes clever enough to not earn a holiday and others times, I may post to close to the mark that other don't like, so I like to think I'm an open book but I have also learned that others have their own agenders, in which case I keep my mouth shut, as they really are not worth making the comment in the first place!

over a year ago

"I'm pretty much like you OP, a very closed book apart from with those close to me...those people know pretty much everything about me and I'd answer any question they asked me, but there are very few people I'm close to.

It does make me cringe a bit when I see some of the bare all threads on here, and I do sometimes think that they are attention seeking. But if that's how people are comfortable being then that's perfectly fine, I'll just skip to another thread "

Wise words, and a cracking bum! . Miss talking to you x

over a year ago

"I’m a very open book. I trust until I have a reason not to.

How do you view trust anyway? I see it as something I give another person rather than an outright promise from them it's more that I'll give them my faith.... ....if that makes any sense? X"

No once it’s broken I’m done. I have become very good at completely cutting people from my life to protect my heart.

I am the same I trust people very easily as I don’t think that how someone else treats you should determine how you view another.

over a year ago

It's weird because she's been here years, knows everything and everyone, yet feels ppl won't like or comment on her threads and that she's not enough of a forum face to post. That bollocks, because you've all replied right. I wish more normal folk would step up and post

If she'd like to practise I'm always pleased to chat. I'm sure there have been many other such offers here too."

She'll be watching/lurking

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

As my profile says, discreet .. if some one wants to get to know me, then that’s is private ... u can’t make true friends via a keyboard ... yes u can make the odd fb .. and if it starts a relationship then great, but in the ole.. it’s just another social media platform ..

I still reckon it's a community "

Sorry op, it’s a plastic one, not all, there are a few gens on here but the majority.. no.. negative I know, but after ten years and a wise old fella, plastic drowns the ocean.. good luck to all that feel that it’s a community and give them a form of solace, then who am I to question that..

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"I'm pretty much like you OP, a very closed book apart from with those close to me...those people know pretty much everything about me and I'd answer any question they asked me, but there are very few people I'm close to.

It does make me cringe a bit when I see some of the bare all threads on here, and I do sometimes think that they are attention seeking. But if that's how people are comfortable being then that's perfectly fine, I'll just skip to another thread

Wise words, and a cracking bum! . Miss talking to you x"

You left

over a year ago

"I used to be a more prolific poster on here, as I have probably been here 12 years now.

I felt daunted when I first joined, I then became an open book and found the more I learned about people and their behaviours, I knew I detested liars and bull shitters, so I have since regressed as others have seeked their notoriety as trying to be the more popular posters on here, such as how often they can be named the most in the 'kiss, fuck, ignore' or 'FAF' threads, And I can vouch I have never posted on any such thread in my life.

So now, if I do post it's either a truth seeking thread, which I will post my truth or call out the shite sometimes clever enough to not earn a holiday and others times, I may post to close to the mark that other don't like, so I like to think I'm an open book but I have also learned that others have their own agenders, in which case I keep my mouth shut, as they really are not worth making the comment in the first place!"

I love a good shout out for the bullshitters!

Never fear holidays!

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"I used to be a more prolific poster on here, as I have probably been here 12 years now.

So now, if I do post it's either a truth seeking thread, which I will post my truth or call out the shite sometimes clever enough to not earn a holiday and others times, I may post to close to the mark that other don't like, so I like to think I'm an open book but I have also learned that others have their own agenders, in which case I keep my mouth shut, as they really are not worth making the comment in the first place!"

Couldn’t of expressed better myself, great comment

over a year ago

"I’m a very open book. I trust until I have a reason not to.

How do you view trust anyway? I see it as something I give another person rather than an outright promise from them it's more that I'll give them my faith.... ....if that makes any sense? X

No once it’s broken I’m done. I have become very good at completely cutting people from my life to protect my heart.

I am the same I trust people very easily as I don’t think that how someone else treats you should determine how you view another. "

Yeah I've never been able to get back to the initial innocence with someone after it's all gone to shit....

over a year ago

Sorry op, it’s a plastic one, not all, there are a few gens on here but the majority.. no.. negative I know, but after ten years and a wise old fella, plastic drowns the ocean.. good luck to all that feel that it’s a community and give them a form of solace, then who am I to question that.. "

It's just like life though. My neighbours are cunts, but they're my community

over a year ago

Wise words, and a cracking bum! . Miss talking to you x

You left "

I always leave the green door open, innit

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I’m a bit of a closed book, more open with people I like and trust, I have a knack of asking people more questions about themselves so they do all the talking

over a year ago

If she'd like to practise I'm always pleased to chat. I'm sure there have been many other such offers here too.

She'll be watching/lurking "

over a year ago

"I’m a bit of a closed book, more open with people I like and trust, I have a knack of asking people more questions about themselves so they do all the talking "

Ppl love talking on here. Wouldn't you like to be asked more questions though? Isn't that what makes a person feel important? X

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I'm pretty open and just me. But this is an open forum with a huge mix of people who aren't my 'tribe'. I'm fairly thick skinned and am not too bothered about what people think of me.. and I'm happy to let people be, whether I agree with them or not. I find it interesting and eye opening sometimes what/who/how people are.

I'm secure enough in my world and friendships to be open. I trust that the ones who are drawn in as friends and connections will find me.

People will get what they want from this site. We are all just human and there's a fine mix of sorted, funny, misunderstood, messy, immature, open, evolved, angry, experienced, intelligent, not so intelligent, deep, daft, informative, needy, passive aggressive, manipulative, triggered, kind, debating, argumentative, sensitive, insensitive, interesting, humorous, supportive, wise folk .. it's all here and I kinda like that. It's real.

I just let what I don't have capacity for go past.

over a year ago

I’ve shared a few things, but not very deep personal feelings. I’m not even an open book to my family and loved ones x

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Sorry op, it’s a plastic one, not all, there are a few gens on here but the majority.. no.. negative I know, but after ten years and a wise old fella, plastic drowns the ocean.. good luck to all that feel that it’s a community and give them a form of solace, then who am I to question that..

It's just like life though. My neighbours are cunts, but they're my community "

Ye but you have fuck all do with em .. my work colleagues are cunts and the company says we are a family, but I have fuck all do with the cunts of that so called family lol

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have two sides, one open that I want people to see and one closed that I let a special few people find out, it's a public forum and anything I say on here has the potential to be passed on and on, so I go by the mantra of if you don't want it passed on then don't say it. I like the empathy on here with the forumites if a problem arises, as it makes people I haven't met more real than just a few types words on a screen

over a year ago

"I'm pretty open and just me. But this is an open forum with a huge mix of people who aren't my 'tribe'. I'm fairly thick skinned and am not too bothered about what people think of me.. and I'm happy to let people be, whether I agree with them or not. I find it interesting and eye opening sometimes what/who/how people are.

I'm secure enough in my world and friendships to be open. I trust that the ones who are drawn in as friends and connections will find me.

People will get what they want from this site. We are all just human and there's a fine mix of sorted, funny, misunderstood, messy, immature, open, evolved, angry, experienced, intelligent, not so intelligent, deep, daft, informative, needy, passive aggressive, manipulative, triggered, kind, debating, argumentative, sensitive, insensitive, interesting, humorous, supportive, wise folk .. it's all here and I kinda like that. It's real.

I just let what I don't have capacity for go past.

"

I reckon that long list of attributes is all applicable to most of us too, we're all a bit of everything on different days and good and bad mixed

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

There are some guys I Mrs. Have chatted & we have met with who are vulnerable & seemingly looking for a relationship, which obviously can happen on here..some of who have posted on the Forums (not this thread though). One asked how he could get women to be interested enough to reply to him..he was too much of an open book about his life, I suggested inserting humour was good & to chat about things on the profiles he was interested in etc...however all his statuses say either how depressed he is,or that he doesn't get any replies.. I really don't think Fab is the place for him just my opinion....

over a year ago

"I’ve shared a few things, but not very deep personal feelings. I’m not even an open book to my family and loved ones x "

Do you share more with mates? I find my best two mates are my rocks and my family don't know so much of what's inside my head.....

over a year ago

It's just like life though. My neighbours are cunts, but they're my community

Ye but you have fuck all do with em .. my work colleagues are cunts and the company says we are a family, but I have fuck all do with the cunts of that so called family lol "

Fucking cunts!

over a year ago

"I have two sides, one open that I want people to see and one closed that I let a special few people find out, it's a public forum and anything I say on here has the potential to be passed on and on, so I go by the mantra of if you don't want it passed on then don't say it. I like the empathy on here with the forumites if a problem arises, as it makes people I haven't met more real than just a few types words on a screen "

I think a lot of folk don't realise how seriously their words can be taken. I've been guilty of that myself, innit...

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"My friend is too shy to post but they asked me if I could do it for them because they're scared nobody will reply, which absolutely isn't true because they have tits, beautiful big ones!

Open or shut

Are you an open book? Do you freely discuss every aspect of your life on here,the good , the bad and the ugly.or are you guarded and closed off to most? Do you think some people share too much of their troubles and in doing so can appear almost too vulnerable for a site such as this? Or the

Trust is thrown around on here,to be a major factor in who we meet.But how much trust do you give someone,when it comes to revealing too much about yourselves that could be used as a weapon against you.

From anonymous

So please be kind and reply with respect and give her the courage to post for herself and enjoy the forum just like all you ugly lot do.

Nip x"

With genuinely no malice intended

Is it just me who is amused

That the premise of the OP is by "anonymous"?

I think I'd fall into the

people who don't share much and keep to themselves,do they come across as cold and and distant, not someone who you would interract with?

Camp

I may post for a number of reasons maybe candidly maybe not

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I have two sides, one open that I want people to see and one closed that I let a special few people find out, it's a public forum and anything I say on here has the potential to be passed on and on, so I go by the mantra of if you don't want it passed on then don't say it. I like the empathy on here with the forumites if a problem arises, as it makes people I haven't met more real than just a few types words on a screen

I think a lot of folk don't realise how seriously their words can be taken. I've been guilty of that myself, innit... "

A wise young man once said to me when I first joined the forums,

"I can be anything I want them to believe I am on here" and that stuck with me, a pinch of salt is needed at times on here

over a year ago

"There are some guys I Mrs. Have chatted & we have met with who are vulnerable & seemingly looking for a relationship, which obviously can happen on here..some of who have posted on the Forums (not this thread though). One asked how he could get women to be interested enough to reply to him..he was too much of an open book about his life, I suggested inserting humour was good & to chat about things on the profiles he was interested in etc...however all his statuses say either how depressed he is,or that he doesn't get any replies.. I really don't think Fab is the place for him just my opinion....

"

Some people just aren't good with conversation and charming others and so they often beg for sympathy as an alternative attention, and some ppl also LOVE a sad story too and will listen and fall for it!

I have a sad ish past and I find when ppl find out about it they can almost instantly fall for me, when that's not what I want, so often I keep things to myself....

over a year ago

Sorry op, it’s a plastic one, not all, there are a few gens on here but the majority.. no.. negative I know, but after ten years and a wise old fella, plastic drowns the ocean.. good luck to all that feel that it’s a community and give them a form of solace, then who am I to question that.. "

It didnt stop you yesterday. I was really disappointed by your comments then.

over a year ago

Open or shut

Are you an open book? Do you freely discuss every aspect of your life on here,the good , the bad and the ugly.or are you guarded and closed off to most? Do you think some people share too much of their troubles and in doing so can appear almost too vulnerable for a site such as this? Or the

From anonymous

Nip x

people who don't share much and keep to themselves,do they come across as cold and and distant, not someone who you would interract with?

Camp

"

Not sure what you're saying. No malice ever in my threads either in the op or replies. My mate asked me to post something and I did...? * shrug *. So hopefully, yes just you....

over a year ago

"I have two sides, one open that I want people to see and one closed that I let a special few people find out, it's a public forum and anything I say on here has the potential to be passed on and on, so I go by the mantra of if you don't want it passed on then don't say it. I like the empathy on here with the forumites if a problem arises, as it makes people I haven't met more real than just a few types words on a screen

I think a lot of folk don't realise how seriously their words can be taken. I've been guilty of that myself, innit...

A wise young man once said to me when I first joined the forums,

"I can be anything I want them to believe I am on here" and that stuck with me, a pinch of salt is needed at times on here"

Your young man was right! I think I have a gift for seeing bullshit and every day in here I'm like "really, have ppl gone for this?"

over a year ago

It didnt stop you yesterday. I was really disappointed by your comments then."

It's a Nippy/Skippy thread, be nice

over a year ago

It's a Nippy/Skippy thread, be nice "

I have been nice. Honest, but nice. I didnt even use the c word!

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

"There are some guys I Mrs. Have chatted & we have met with who are vulnerable & seemingly looking for a relationship, which obviously can happen on here..some of who have posted on the Forums (not this thread though). One asked how he could get women to be interested enough to reply to him..he was too much of an open book about his life, I suggested inserting humour was good & to chat about things on the profiles he was interested in etc...however all his statuses say either how depressed he is,or that he doesn't get any replies.. I really don't think Fab is the place for him just my opinion....

Some people just aren't good with conversation and charming others and so they often beg for sympathy as an alternative attention, and some ppl also LOVE a sad story too and will listen and fall for it!

I have a sad ish past and I find when ppl find out about it they can almost instantly fall for me, when that's not what I want, so often I keep things to myself.... "

I agree, I just worry & have told him to be careful as there are some horrible people around who would take advantage...

My past isn't brilliant either but that is kept private & only shared with trusted friends & family.

I myself am fairly confident, & we are told when we have met guys it's lovely & refreshing to meet someone who is just as they come across on Fab

over a year ago

I have been nice. Honest, but nice. I didnt even use the c word!"

You have NOT been nice, I'm still waiting for my date!

over a year ago

I have a sad ish past and I find when ppl find out about it they can almost instantly fall for me, when that's not what I want, so often I keep things to myself....

I agree, I just worry & have told him to be careful as there are some horrible people around who would take advantage...

My past isn't brilliant either but that is kept private & only shared with trusted friends & family.

I myself am fairly confident, & we are told when we have met guys it's lovely & refreshing to meet someone who is just as they come across on Fab "

I'm I've been told I come accross as a complete arsehole on fab, so.....

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Open or shut

From anonymous

Nip x

Camp

Not sure what you're saying. No malice ever in my threads either in the op or replies. My mate asked me to post something and I did...? * shrug *. So hopefully, yes just you.... "

No you missed my point

I was declaring

No malice intended by MY words

I have a eye for irony

Most definitely not ironic

But something about the author of a

Are you open or guarded

Thread being anonymous seemed appropriate, poetic kinda ironic but not

It's an observation as I respectfully said without malice or disrespect towards our anonymous author

over a year ago

You have NOT been nice, I'm still waiting for my date! "

February 28th is a date, so is Medjool!

over a year ago

Open or shut

From anonymous

Nip x

Camp

Not sure what you're saying. No malice ever in my threads either in the op or replies. My mate asked me to post something and I did...? * shrug *. So hopefully, yes just you....

No you missed my point

I was declaring

No malice intended by MY words

I have a eye for irony

Most definitely not ironic

But something about the author of a

Are you open or guarded

Thread being anonymous seemed appropriate, poetic kinda ironic but not

It's an observation as I respectfully said without malice or disrespect towards our anonymous author "

Oh, I added anonymous and a heart at the end because she ended a little abruptly.

But yeah she's a proper nosey lurker and she needs to come out in the light and be admired

over a year ago

You have NOT been nice, I'm still waiting for my date!

February 28th is a date, so is Medjool! "

Ain't nobody gonna wait that long fo your beautiful boobs....

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

I myself am fairly confident, & we are told when we have met guys it's lovely & refreshing to meet someone who is just as they come across on Fab

I'm I've been told I come accross as a complete arsehole on fab, so..... "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I suggest it's a sad fact that some men and women resort to injured animal mode to catch another with a trusting kind heart

I dont play that game

over a year ago

"I’ve shared a few things, but not very deep personal feelings. I’m not even an open book to my family and loved ones x

Do you share more with mates? I find my best two mates are my rocks and my family don't know so much of what's inside my head..... "

No not really, I’ve always been very closed about myself. X

over a year ago

"I suggest it's a sad fact that some men and women resort to injured animal mode to catch another with a trusting kind heart

I dont play that game "

Soooooooooo much of that about lately. And so easy to spot too as a fella

over a year ago

"

Oh to be that banana....

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

Oh to be that banana.... "

over a year ago

"I’ve shared a few things, but not very deep personal feelings. I’m not even an open book to my family and loved ones x

Do you share more with mates? I find my best two mates are my rocks and my family don't know so much of what's inside my head.....

No not really, I’ve always been very closed about myself. X "

So how do you get through difficult or stressful times? Do you have any ppl to advise or do you just go with your heart?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Your friend should post OP! If she knows everyone and everything, I'm sure she wouldn't be intimidated by doing so - people who use the fora aren't that bad even though some of your posts would suggest otherwise.

As far as the OP goes - I'm fairly closed, I tend to compartmentalise fab and those on the site the majority of the time. I think if people find support from opening up about what they're going through etc, fair enough; I'm not going to lambast anyone who chooses to. Of course there are folk who will lie/manipulate to try and gain sympathy but I don't know. I'm going to remain trusting and hopeful of people as a whole In my many years on here, there's only been a handful of people I've truly opened up to - two who know everything about me. So maybe hopeful but wary when it comes to my own personal life.

over a year ago

I think the fact you've posted this on behalf of your friend might be something they regret if they ever reveal themselves.

I don't share anything personal on the forum. I think that's just prudent on a platform like this

over a year ago

"Your friend should post OP! If she knows everyone and everything, I'm sure she wouldn't be intimidated by doing so - people who use the fora aren't that bad even though some of your posts would suggest otherwise.

As far as the OP goes - I'm fairly closed, I tend to compartmentalise fab and those on the site the majority of the time. I think if people find support from opening up about what they're going through etc, fair enough; I'm not going to lambast anyone who chooses to. Of course there are folk who will lie/manipulate to try and gain sympathy but I don't know. I'm going to remain trusting and hopeful of people as a whole In my many years on here, there's only been a handful of people I've truly opened up to - two who know everything about me. So maybe hopeful but wary when it comes to my own personal life. "

Fair as ever Meli

Have a word with Skippy!

I'm getting better at just ignoring when ppl aren't really going through what they say they're going through and letting them he on with it. The forum is a place filled with folk of mixed abilities I guess and in a way that makes it....

over a year ago

I don't get why anyone would put personal stuff on a public forum. Some come across as so vulnerable it's just asking to be taken advantage of. You see it a lot. I don't know if they're stupid or just naive or hopefully just making stuff up for dramatic effect.

over a year ago

"I think the fact you've posted this on behalf of your friend might be something they regret if they ever reveal themselves.

I don't share anything personal on the forum. I think that's just prudent on a platform like this "

You don't know my friend like I do, she'll be clapping and cheering that some twat has posted a thread for her, innit....

over a year ago

So how do you get through difficult or stressful times? Do you have any ppl to advise or do you just go with your heart?"

I just deal with it. I’ve learned to as even when I was married I was alone emotionally. X

over a year ago

"I don't get why anyone would put personal stuff on a public forum. Some come across as so vulnerable it's just asking to be taken advantage of. You see it a lot. I don't know if they're stupid or just naive or hopefully just making stuff up for dramatic effect. "

Your profile pic looks pretty personal.....

(I'm kitten )

over a year ago

So how do you get through difficult or stressful times? Do you have any ppl to advise or do you just go with your heart?

I just deal with it. I’ve learned to as even when I was married I was alone emotionally. X "

You're a better human than me!

Post new Message to Thread