Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Civic amenities sites (the tip)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Baffles me as to why these had to close for lock down. I would’ve classed these as an essential work place.

Just seen on my local news about the increase in fly tipping and even I’ve seen loads of stuff dumped in areas where there’s not normally any rubbish, bin bags full of nappies and loads of stuff being dumped.

It’s gonna cost loads nationwide to clear everything up. This would be reduced if they’d just open the tips up.

They could be open with social distancing rules, less staff and only allow one car to the skips at a time. Would be longer queues but people are used to queuing, people are in their cars as well so safer than being in the queue for a supermarket.

It’s doing my tits in not having the tip open as I was up there every week.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Look at your local Council Website.

A lot of Council Recycling Centres across the UK opened from today.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have a subscription service for a wheelie bin that can be filled with garden waste, that got put on hold too, the normal recycling with bin collection is still happening though, seems strange why only the garden waste stopped.

It’s starting again this week and I can’t wait, just cutting the grass once a week nearly fills the bin!

I’ve got three giant compost bins full and around 12 bags full of garden waste waiting go go to the tip.

By *oey be good ladMan
over a year ago

Moreton

Couldn't agree more unfortunately Common sense sense has lost out and your ultra safe fanatics who would of been promoted in the likes of the old East Germany took control

over a year ago

I'm sure theres reasons, but I cant think of any for the prats who throw it in a hedge and think its ok

over a year ago

Baffles me how they thought closing them would be a good idea. All it’s been is fly tipping or people having fires to burn their rubbish which can’t be good for people with breathing difficulties.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

They opened on Monday round ours. I’m sure the government said they all could open from Monday just gone.

I’m with you though OP, fucking animals should get tougher sentences if found doing it.

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

We’ve been discussing the same thing! Totally agree

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

"We have a subscription service for a wheelie bin that can be filled with garden waste, that got put on hold too, the normal recycling with bin collection is still happening though, seems strange why only the garden waste stopped.

It’s starting again this week and I can’t wait, just cutting the grass once a week nearly fills the bin!

I’ve got three giant compost bins full and around 12 bags full of garden waste waiting go go to the tip.

"

We have to pay for our garden waste collections now, it’s an opt in service paid upfront. I have to say that if the council had suspended these additional paid for service would have been contacting them for a partial refund on the charges we have paid

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Our bin men have been really good. I’ve had loads of cardboard that wouldn’t fit in the recycling bin. I flattened it all within the size parameters and left it at the side of the bin. They took it no problem. A lot of the general waste bins were overflowing and they emptied them regardless. My label for my garden waste bin hadn’t arrived but they still emptied my garden waste bin. They’ve used common sense which has been greatly appreciated by all my neighbours.

Going to the tip it could be argued is a non essential journey therefore why would they remain open? However the fly tipping has become a huge problem and has probably played a big part in the decision to reopen.

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Fly tipping is becoming more of a problem than usual around here, but our tip will only open from May 18th - for pre booked drops of garden waste our wood only! What a farce!

over a year ago

Ahh.

The tip.

My favourite place to meet.

over a year ago

I’d argue that the tip should have been an essential place. With everyone being home they’d be sorting through all their crap and having a clear out.

It would have avoided a hell of a lot of fly tipping so saving money and the environment and also would’ve reduced the amount of people having fires.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Baffles me how they thought closing them would be a good idea. All it’s been is fly tipping or people having fires to burn their rubbish which can’t be good for people with breathing difficulties. "
this .. I have been waiting to go since the day lockdown started. Someone has also nicked my 2nd bin and I'm struggling with always having two extra bags at least. X

Post new Message to Thread