Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The little things....

Jump to newest

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Have you found that you've been coping fairly well with recent events but that a small detail or act can make you melancholic for the reality we had before covid-19?

My son just sent me two recordings of his classical guitar playing. Made me somber knowing it'll be many months before I see him again

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Have you found that you've been coping fairly well with recent events but that a small detail or act can make you melancholic for the reality we had before covid-19?

My son just sent me two recordings of his classical guitar playing. Made me somber knowing it'll be many months before I see him again "

Oh that's sad .

I'm really same, I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, so many ups and downs

over a year ago

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

I touched a daisy yesterday, felt so good

over a year ago

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

Totally get this. I seem to be doing fine, keeping busy, making sure my children are ok, pretty content and mostly rocking keeping everything on track...and then something causes the reality to hit and it’s scary and heartbreaking and I’m earthshatteringly lonely. And then I crack on again...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Definitely wobbles normally attached with thoughts of family and friends.

The latest just a simple conversation with my mum when she said “I’m coming to the realisation I might not get to see you both this year, hope we can be together for our big birthday”. We share our birthday in January, I’ll be 50 and my mam will be 70 and all she wants is for us to be in the same room.

So many far away from family and friends, it’s hard not to think about it and when we might get to see them again

By *ornyhappyCouple
over a year ago

perth

Yes. Most of the time I am doing fine, & in some ways I am enjoying the slower pace of life, but then some little thing knocks me for six.

K

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Have you found that you've been coping fairly well with recent events but that a small detail or act can make you melancholic for the reality we had before covid-19?

My son just sent me two recordings of his classical guitar playing. Made me somber knowing it'll be many months before I see him again "

Aww Chillout

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

"Yes. Most of the time I am doing fine, & in some ways I am enjoying the slower pace of life, but then some little thing knocks me for six.

K"

Exactly. For me, it’s a lots of milestones my kids are missing out on...if I stop to think, I just crack.

over a year ago

Watching Countryfile last Sunday made me cry; I had to turn off. I miss open spaces

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

There have been a few things that have done this to me, probably the hardest were dates when I should have been going for weekends away...hard enough missing out on spending time with someone I miss, but those memory making moments are now lost forever

over a year ago

Similar. My dad sending me a message on his 78th birthday saying he hoped he’d make it a bit longer so we could all party one more time...

over a year ago

"

There have been a few things that have done this to me, probably the hardest were dates when I should have been going for weekends away...hard enough missing out on spending time with someone I miss, but those memory making moments are now lost forever "

Yes I’ve got one coming up that was going to be a special weekend . I know what you mean but there’ll be plenty time for others. Look at it that way instead xx

over a year ago

Yes I have those moments too, particularly in relation to my parents. I am thankful for our Zoom family get together as we are enjoying being together. But I miss giving them a hug every few weeks.

A song was the last thing to set me off.Thankfully I am able to feel the feelings, perhaps have a quick cry and let go and move on again. I’m so grateful for some of the personal development I was fortunate enough to do in my 30s, that has stood me in good stead for the difficult emotional events in my life since, including how difficult this might have been without it.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"

There have been a few things that have done this to me, probably the hardest were dates when I should have been going for weekends away...hard enough missing out on spending time with someone I miss, but those memory making moments are now lost forever

Yes I’ve got one coming up that was going to be a special weekend . I know what you mean but there’ll be plenty time for others. Look at it that way instead xx "

Oh I'm so looking forward to being able to re-book once travel is allowed, but it really hit me on the days, thoughts like "I should have been loading my suitcase in the car and setting off now". But I'm excited about future plans Hope you get your special weekend soon too xx

over a year ago

"

Yes I’ve got one coming up that was going to be a special weekend . I know what you mean but there’ll be plenty time for others. Look at it that way instead xx

Oh I'm so looking forward to being able to re-book once travel is allowed, but it really hit me on the days, thoughts like "I should have been loading my suitcase in the car and setting off now". But I'm excited about future plans Hope you get your special weekend soon too xx "

Yeah I’m sure it will hit me more next weekend xx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Similar. My dad sending me a message on his 78th birthday saying he hoped he’d make it a bit longer so we could all party one more time..."

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

That is sad

I've been lucky that I do my family's shopping for them so I see and chat to them twice a week albeit from distance, I had a loss of my freedom breakdown at the end of week two and that put me in a tick over place mentally, which will see me safely through till I can have my cuddles again

over a year ago

Covid19 has certainly put life into perspective. Those small moments we probably all took for granted previously. But being apart from the people we care about and missing those moments now makes current life so hard. I think we are all coping with the day to day things but these are the moments that hurt the most. Lots of hugs xx

By *ornyhappyCouple
over a year ago

perth

Prime example right now, I'm cooking dinner with my daughter & she's concentrating really hard on chopping things the way that M taught her. I know if he was here he wouldn't be able to resist adding his ingredients to the sauce. I miss him like crazy and being apart is torture.

over a year ago

My little one asked when we will get to meet our family back in my native country.. we were looking at some photos..

Nostalgia is a peculiar feeling.

over a year ago

Awww Chill big hugs.X

Post new Message to Thread