Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What will happen to the pubs?

Jump to newest

By *rank speaker OP   Man
over a year ago

Worcester

It's a well known fact that the traditional British pub has been struggling for many years so will lockdown be the last nail in the coffin for many ..

Anyone else's conclusion?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The bigger chains will be fine, just the smaller, privately owned ones that could go under. That's if the government dont do anything to help them that is

over a year ago

That and the ridiculous prices. Shame really. Nothing like a good country pub.

over a year ago

They'll fire up the prices of booze to recoup losses and take advantage of the countries thirst for a drink somewhere that isn't their own lounge/garden.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

[Removed by poster at 07/05/20 12:53:37]

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

We used to meet once a week at the local for a meal and drink. Got too expensive so gave it a miss. I doubt these ones will survive post lockdown. Do they put up prices to try and reap back losses or cut by a lot to encourage people to go back? The former is my guess.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Hopefully the ones in my village will survive. Ones a brewery pub and the other isn’t which may mean they won’t open which sadly means it could be developed.

The one in the next village never closed they just got creative.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Mine will survive, the locals and tourists use it often and well, if you don't want to lose it use it

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

The four independent ones I use should survive as the regulars will return and always a packed house. One has kept some income coming in by doing their food by delivery

By *rank speaker OP   Man
over a year ago

Worcester

Unfortunately it's the breweries and pub chains that are ruining the pubs. Charging top prices to the landlord and extortionate rents. Don't necessarily blame your landlord, he's probably just trying to keep his head above water and this could be just the last straw.

Post new Message to Thread