Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gratitude.........

Jump to newest

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Two things.....

What do you think people ought to be grateful for ?

Three things.......

What ARE you grateful for ?

Four things.........

How do you show your gratitude ?

How has someone shown gratitude to you ?

Five things......

Is there enough gratitude in society or do people think they are entitled to it all?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think that's 6 things but you can perm any number .......

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Gratitude keeps me grounded and stay humble. I had a boss who help fund me into my own business. He did that for me because his boss did it for him. I am doing that for others!

over a year ago

"I think that's 6 things but you can perm any number ....... "

I hope I answered your question. Is that what you were asking?

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Gratitude keeps me grounded and stay humble. I had a boss who help fund me into my own business. He did that for me because his boss did it for him. I am doing that for others! "

Kind deeds are infectious aren't they

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think that's 6 things but you can perm any number .......

I hope I answered your question. Is that what you were asking?"

Of course it is

Are you a sheep farmer ?

over a year ago

"Gratitude keeps me grounded and stay humble. I had a boss who help fund me into my own business. He did that for me because his boss did it for him. I am doing that for others!

Kind deeds are infectious aren't they "

You reach one, teach one!

over a year ago

"Gratitude keeps me grounded and stay humble. I had a boss who help fund me into my own business. He did that for me because his boss did it for him. I am doing that for others! "
You wanted to dip into my bank account on another thread!

over a year ago

"I think that's 6 things but you can perm any number .......

I hope I answered your question. Is that what you were asking?

Of course it is

Are you a sheep farmer ?"

Lol. No!

over a year ago

"Gratitude keeps me grounded and stay humble. I had a boss who help fund me into my own business. He did that for me because his boss did it for him. I am doing that for others! You wanted to dip into my bank account on another thread!

"

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Lockdown has made me appreciate the things I take for granted...being able to travel anywhere I want, go to the library or cinema or museum, have choices in the shops and shops open...

Lots of countries don't have those things even in normal times so yes I'm grateful and yes we are inclined to be entitled.

Even in these shit times I'm better off than many many people in this world.

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Is there enough gratitude in society or do people think they are entitled to it all?

"

Its bit patronising to me telling people what they should be grateful for.. so I wont. Hopefully we all know the obvious answers.

I am always grateful for peoples time and trust.

Words are usually what I would use to say thank you. Nurturing their qualities. Reminding them of how good they are to the world, how much they mean to me and others. Alternatively, handmade little gifts. Or cards. Handwritten seems more precious. Remembering special days. Remembering their likes and sending them useful things/articles related to it. Sharing music.

And other way round it has been similar to what I bring to the table. I guess that comes from me choosing to surround myself with people who walk through life in similar ways. On the other side I dont often expect gratitude and sometimes I find it bit embarrassing when it's too gushing.

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Its bit patronising to me telling people what they should be grateful for.. so I wont. Hopefully we all know the obvious answers.

Words are usually what I would use to say thank you. Nurturing their qualities. Reminding them of how good they are to the world, how much they mean to me and others. Alternatively, handmade little gifts. Or cards. Handwritten seems more precious. Remembering special days. Remembering their likes and sending them useful things/articles related to it. Sharing music.

And other way round it has been similar to what I bring to the table. I guess that comes from me choosing to surround myself with people who walk through life in similar ways. On the other side I dont often expect gratitude and sometimes I find it bit embarrassing when it's too gushing.

"

I like the way you communicate. Very articulate! You kinda turn me on a bit!

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Tuberose be careful ......... he has wanderlust in his pants.....

over a year ago

"

I like the way you communicate. Very articulate! You kinda turn me on a bit! "

I appreciate that a lot, here is my gratitude smile haha.. still there is a room for improvement seeing I'm not a native speaker. x

over a year ago

"Tuberose be careful ......... he has wanderlust in his pants..... "

I am careful Granny. I have chastity belt

over a year ago

"Tuberose be careful ......... he has wanderlust in his pants.....

I am careful Granny. I have chastity belt"

Where is the trust here? Granny, she keeps me grounded. She will tell me of if I go overboard!

over a year ago

"Tuberose be careful ......... he has wanderlust in his pants.....

I am careful Granny. I have chastity belt

Where is the trust here? Granny, she keeps me grounded. She will tell me of if I go overboard! "

Off*

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

"

Oh Granny, your words have touched me ever so deeply today!

What a font of wisdom you are!! (that part is true)

The other part I'm expecting to receive on one of your handwritten cards....

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

The other part I'm expecting to receive on one of your handwritten cards...."

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Huey ........ you've quoted Tuberose.

I'll send you a handwritten card with pleasure.

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

The other part I'm expecting to receive on one of your handwritten cards.... "

Heuy, how do you show gratitude and who do you show gratitude to? Tell us your story. You are a great storyteller!

over a year ago

"Huey ........ you've quoted Tuberose.

I'll send you a handwritten card with pleasure. "

I'll prepare my hard hat and get ready to duck!

over a year ago

Reminds of yon thread about cutting the neighbours grass.

If someone has appealed to me for help, then some gratitude should be shown. Its courtesy. A genuine thankful response may be all thats needed. Where significant cost and effort is involved, proffering a tip is in order.

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Heuy, how do you show gratitude and who do you show gratitude to? Tell us your story. You are a great storyteller!"

I wouldn't say great (without a scriptwriter) but here goes.

I'm generally thankful when I get the opportunity to relate to people who are quite easy going.

Well balanced and good at resolving issues peacefully.

Also when my team wins at football!

I enjoy the natural world animals especially and get pleasure from interesting encounters with them....don't read anything into that.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m just going to say I am grateful for many things and I count my blessings every day

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I’m just going to say I am grateful for many things and I count my blessings every day "

I’d go with that too Babs

Gratitude to me may not mean the same to another

over a year ago

I think gratitude is always there, it's like gravity, you only feel it when you fall over innit....

over a year ago

Thank you all

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Heuy, how do you show gratitude and who do you show gratitude to? Tell us your story. You are a great storyteller!

I'm generally thankful when I get the opportunity to relate to people who are quite easy going.

I enjoy the natural world animals especially and get pleasure from interesting encounters with them....don't read anything into that. "

I am a good judge of men. And I must say you are a top bloke. You have come across as genuine and humble human being. Keep it up! We dont come across ppl like you everyday.

Said that, I was just giving you a feedback based on my observations. I want to make it clear that I dont have any hidden agendas. And I am STRAIGHT straight and not FAB straight. Didn't want to give you any wrong ideas!

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

"

Can't speak for others, for me it's my family who's love and piss taking keeps me grounded.

Its for the people who've kept me alive when the muck and bullets were flying and those who helped me through when battling my demons.

That's in the past.

In the present, I'm grateful for the love of my love.

over a year ago

"I think gratitude is always there, it's like gravity, you only feel it when you fall over innit...."

Fine....

Wasted here....

over a year ago

"Huey ........ you've quoted Tuberose.

I'll send you a handwritten card with pleasure. "

Reread the thread and I can assure you it was all my own work (scriptwriter included)

I wanted to embarrass you with gushing praise. Not embarrass really, but make you blush...just like on your first date!

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

I enjoy the natural world animals especially and get pleasure from interesting encounters with them....don't read anything into that.

I am a good judge of men. And I must say you are a top bloke. You have come across as genuine and humble human being. Keep it up! We dont come across ppl like you everyday.

Said that, I was just giving you a feedback based on my observations. I want to make it clear that I dont have any hidden agendas. And I am STRAIGHT straight and not FAB straight. Didn't want to give you any wrong ideas! "

My brother no worries, you are definitely human!

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Said that, I was just giving you a feedback based on my observations. I want to make it clear that I dont have any hidden agendas. And I am STRAIGHT straight and not FAB straight. Didn't want to give you any wrong ideas! My brother no worries, you are definitely human! "

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Said that, I was just giving you a feedback based on my observations. I want to make it clear that I dont have any hidden agendas. And I am STRAIGHT straight and not FAB straight. Didn't want to give you any wrong ideas! My brother no worries, you are definitely human! "

Thanks for your encouraging words too. It takes courage to show appreciation and I look forward to getting to know you better.

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Said that, I was just giving you a feedback based on my observations. I want to make it clear that I dont have any hidden agendas. And I am STRAIGHT straight and not FAB straight. Didn't want to give you any wrong ideas! My brother no worries, you are definitely human! Thanks for your encouraging words too. It takes courage to show appreciation and I look forward to getting to know you better. "

So I can return the favour.

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Said that, I was just giving you a feedback based on my observations. I want to make it clear that I dont have any hidden agendas. And I am STRAIGHT straight and not FAB straight. Didn't want to give you any wrong ideas! My brother no worries, you are definitely human! Thanks for your encouraging words too. It takes courage to show appreciation and I look forward to getting to know you better. So I can return the favour. "

No worries. I will be around a little while before I go UNLOS again. Talk soon!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

What are you grateful for?

opportunities people have given me and the great people in my life

Easy one - generosity , friendship , honesty and loyalty

Same as above usually. Loyalty and honesty are my favourite ways to receive it

It’s not evenly spread out. There’s a big entitlement culture in some parts of the UK

over a year ago

"Two things.....

Three things.......

Four things.........

Five things......

Can't speak for others, for me it's my family who's love and piss taking keeps me grounded.

Its for the people who've kept me alive when the muck and bullets were flying and those who helped me through when battling my demons.

That's in the past.

In the present, I'm grateful for the love of my love.

"

Post new Message to Thread