Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you even lift, bro?!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seriously missing the gym!

I did strongwoman training for a bit then switched to powerlifting and was hitting some decent numbers (for me).

For those who regularly did weight training, how long does it take to lose/gain strength do you think?

And for those that like to show off, what's your 1RM on your favourite lift?

Mrs Adventure

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It takes a while to loose your conditioning, and you gain back quickly if your muscles have been there before.

I (K, the Mrs) love bench press. My 1RM before lockdown was 70kg, and my training weight was 55kg. X

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

MsD here....so miss doing weights in gym. Have kettlebells at home but not the same at all.

Trying to keep from losing all my strength. Doing alot of squats as I love doing any leg press exercises in gym.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I saw someone made a new deadlift recently 501Kg

Losing you gains is one of life’s tragedies, you gotta eat loads of creatine and do it all again

What have you lost ? I was benching two plates by myself and pushing small sets of 115 with a spot , I’m down at 90 now

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I saw someone made a new deadlift recently 501Kg

Losing you gains is one of life’s tragedies, you gotta eat loads of creatine and do it all again

What have you lost ? I was benching two plates by myself and pushing small sets of 115 with a spot , I’m down at 90 now"

Yeah Eddie Hall's arch enemy Thor haha.

No idea what I've lost, I'm trying to focus on enjoying an extended rest period. Hard though.

I was pulling 130kg deadlift and got up to 50kg bench. Upper body has always been my weakest. Looking forward to finding out where I'm at, gotta start somewhere I guess!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I haven't trained in the gym for over 6 weeks now. I used to train 5 days a week. Since lockdown, I have been doing burpees, push up pull ups and squats at home. I have lost a bit of strength and lost almost 5kgs in the process!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I saw someone made a new deadlift recently 501Kg

What have you lost ? I was benching two plates by myself and pushing small sets of 115 with a spot , I’m down at 90 now

Yeah Eddie Hall's arch enemy Thor haha.

No idea what I've lost, I'm trying to focus on enjoying an extended rest period. Hard though.

I was pulling 130kg deadlift and got up to 50kg bench. Upper body has always been my weakest. Looking forward to finding out where I'm at, gotta start somewhere I guess! "

Yeah your a bit out of proportion there lol, nice strong lower back though . Very hard right now, and the extra risk of weight gain and bad eating. Probably easier for those that live alone

Post new Message to Thread