Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Regrettable fashion sense

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just a bit of fun, but come on, confess your fashion faux pas. I’ve never followed trends anyway, always gone my own way, but even I cringe when I look at some old images.

Used to have a bib-n-brace dress from the seventies. Velvet pattern, designed to look like patchwork. I loved it! Wore it with calf length buckled boots and hot pants beneath it (it was very short, and my grandparents were strict Catholic, was a respect thing).

What do you regret wearing that someone took a photo of/ remembers you wearing, so you can’t deny it x

Viv x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Blue face and body glitter. Oh lord

over a year ago

"Blue face and body glitter. Oh lord"

Is there photographic evidence? Haha xx

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

I had the Kevin Keegan perm !!!! Can't believe I'm actually admitting to that !!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An Austrian dirndl

over a year ago

Adidas everything as a teenager

over a year ago

Short hair. Never again !

over a year ago

Flinstones jeans

Picture of Fred on left leg

Picture if barney on right leg

over a year ago

"I had the Kevin Keegan perm !!!! Can't believe I'm actually admitting to that !! "

Was that a mullet one or just a full perm? xx

over a year ago

I blame my mother, who's fashion sense has always been interesting. Pretty much every photo of me as a youth/teen is an embarrasment

over a year ago

"An Austrian dirndl "

Was that for an event, or just something you owned? xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Blue face and body glitter. Oh lord

Is there photographic evidence? Haha xx"

Probably

over a year ago

"Adidas everything as a teenager "

Were you sporty or just the trend? xx

over a year ago

"Blue face and body glitter. Oh lord

Is there photographic evidence? Haha xx

Probably "

Haha, oh dear! xx

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

"I had the Kevin Keegan perm !!!! Can't believe I'm actually admitting to that !!

Was that a mullet one or just a full perm? xx"

ummmmmmmm dare I say the full perm !!!! I had it done on a saturday , following Saturday it was shaved off !!!

over a year ago

"Short hair. Never again !

"

Chopped mine off after a break up, taking ages to grow back, so get where you’re coming from xx

over a year ago

"Flinstones jeans

"

Where did you get a pair like that from? xx

over a year ago

"I blame my mother, who's fashion sense has always been interesting. Pretty much every photo of me as a youth/teen is an embarrasment "

My mum is conservative in her dress style. I’ve always been less so. When my mates were in jeans as a kid, I was in 50’s style swing skirts. Now my mum just rolls her eyes xx

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Hair half way down my back, blowing backwards in the breeze, bright orange too. Cheesecloth shirt ripped Jean's boots sunglasses and an old motorbike

Looked like a fucking Afghan hound with its head out of a car window....

over a year ago

"Short hair. Never again !

Chopped mine off after a break up, taking ages to grow back, so get where you’re coming from xx"

I just look horrendous. My face doesn't suit it. It was a teenager spontaneous decision. I was 14. Cried for days lol. Funny enough few friends followed the trend.. and they dared to look better

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

"Adidas everything as a teenager "
I was Sergio Tacchini but did have the addidas Ivan Lendl traccky and trainers

over a year ago

"I had the Kevin Keegan perm !!!! Can't believe I'm actually admitting to that !!

Was that a mullet one or just a full perm? xx ummmmmmmm dare I say the full perm !!!! I had it done on a saturday , following Saturday it was shaved off !!! "

Oh no!! Haha! So you sat through having a perm, then got rid? Why? xx

over a year ago

"An Austrian dirndl

Was that for an event, or just something you owned? xx"

No. Something I owned . I’m half Austrian so that’s why. Still an embarrassing photo though. For me anyway. Others think it’s cute!

over a year ago

"Flinstones jeans

Where did you get a pair like that from? xx"

Charity shop knowing my mum

over a year ago

Oh god I also had a thing for my grandpa shirts and flared Jean's. I had no sense of dressing up as a teen. And pacifist symbol necklace hanging proudly on my neck.. a friend of mine digged some old pics on fb. Hated him

over a year ago

"Hair half way down my back, blowing backwards in the breeze, bright orange too. Cheesecloth shirt ripped Jean's boots sunglasses and an old motorbike

Looked like a fucking Afghan hound with its head out of a car window...."

Like Axl? without the Afghan hound look xx

over a year ago

"I blame my mother, who's fashion sense has always been interesting. Pretty much every photo of me as a youth/teen is an embarrasment

My mum is conservative in her dress style. I’ve always been less so. When my mates were in jeans as a kid, I was in 50’s style swing skirts. Now my mum just rolls her eyes xx"

My mother is an explosion in a jumble sale kind of fashion. I didnt own a pair of jeans till I was about 20. Mufti day at school was always painful as I only owned flared skirts and jumpers. Years in jeans now I want all my skirts back

over a year ago

"An Austrian dirndl

Was that for an event, or just something you owned? xx

No. Something I owned . I’m half Austrian so that’s why. Still an embarrassing photo though. For me anyway. Others think it’s cute! "

Other people always see cuteness in pics you are embarrassed by xx

By *rGuyMan
over a year ago

Croydon

Nike tick shaved into the back of my head when I was a kid

over a year ago

"Oh god I also had a thing for my grandpa shirts and flared Jean's. I had no sense of dressing up as a teen. And pacifist symbol necklace hanging proudly on my neck.. a friend of mine digged some old pics on fb. Hated him "

My cousin did that to me. I was in an oversized satin fushia blouse, look horrendous! Saddest thing is my sister owned one too! xx

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

Was that a mullet one or just a full perm? xx ummmmmmmm dare I say the full perm !!!! I had it done on a saturday , following Saturday it was shaved off !!!

Oh no!! Haha! So you sat through having a perm, then got rid? Why? xx"

be truthful I honestly don't know why I didn't really want what I had and thought why is this taking so long and then when they finished I thought ohhhh God !!! But hey hoe ,,, birthday treat from my nan lol

over a year ago

"I blame my mother, who's fashion sense has always been interesting. Pretty much every photo of me as a youth/teen is an embarrasment

My mum is conservative in her dress style. I’ve always been less so. When my mates were in jeans as a kid, I was in 50’s style swing skirts. Now my mum just rolls her eyes xx

My mother is an explosion in a jumble sale kind of fashion. I didnt own a pair of jeans till I was about 20. Mufti day at school was always painful as I only owned flared skirts and jumpers. Years in jeans now I want all my skirts back "

I didn’t own any jeans until I was 16 and my aunty put me in a pair, I was happier in hippy skirts or long lace dresses. Remember going to town one day, when I was 17, in a long black lace ball gown, leather ballet shoes and a black veil. My mum cringed xx

over a year ago

My mother is an explosion in a jumble sale kind of fashion. I didnt own a pair of jeans till I was about 20. Mufti day at school was always painful as I only owned flared skirts and jumpers. Years in jeans now I want all my skirts back

I didn’t own any jeans until I was 16 and my aunty put me in a pair, I was happier in hippy skirts or long lace dresses. Remember going to town one day, when I was 17, in a long black lace ball gown, leather ballet shoes and a black veil. My mum cringed xx"

Brilliant I love that.

over a year ago

Was that a mullet one or just a full perm? xx ummmmmmmm dare I say the full perm !!!! I had it done on a saturday , following Saturday it was shaved off !!!

Oh no!! Haha! So you sat through having a perm, then got rid? Why? xx be truthful I honestly don't know why I didn't really want what I had and thought why is this taking so long and then when they finished I thought ohhhh God !!! But hey hoe ,,, birthday treat from my nan lol "

Lol. I remember having my hair blow dried straight at the hairdressers when I was 19. Was below my bum and thick curls. My aunty saw it and said all I needed was the glasses and I’d look like Nana Mouskouri. I was mortified! Went straight home and washed it so had my curls back xx

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Para boots, army pants, red lumberjack shirt and long matted hair lol urrgh

over a year ago

"Para boots, army pants, red lumberjack shirt and long matted hair lol urrgh"

Was that because of the grunge look? xx

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

Oh no!! Haha! So you sat through having a perm, then got rid? Why? xx be truthful I honestly don't know why I didn't really want what I had and thought why is this taking so long and then when they finished I thought ohhhh God !!! But hey hoe ,,, birthday treat from my nan lol

Lol. I remember having my hair blow dried straight at the hairdressers when I was 19. Was below my bum and thick curls. My aunty saw it and said all I needed was the glasses and I’d look like Nana Mouskouri. I was mortified! Went straight home and washed it so had my curls back xx"

that's what I should've done just kept wetting my hair and all the curls would've disappeared ,,,, nana Mouskouri was a fox in her time

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I didn’t own any jeans until I was 16 and my aunty put me in a pair, I was happier in hippy skirts or long lace dresses. Remember going to town one day, when I was 17, in a long black lace ball gown, leather ballet shoes and a black veil. My mum cringed xx"

Love this. Jusr add black lipstick black eyeliner ginger hair, and I would probably have been your very first stalker

over a year ago

"Nike tick shaved into the back of my head when I was a kid "

I remember kids having that xx

over a year ago

Oh no!! Haha! So you sat through having a perm, then got rid? Why? xx be truthful I honestly don't know why I didn't really want what I had and thought why is this taking so long and then when they finished I thought ohhhh God !!! But hey hoe ,,, birthday treat from my nan lol

Lol. I remember having my hair blow dried straight at the hairdressers when I was 19. Was below my bum and thick curls. My aunty saw it and said all I needed was the glasses and I’d look like Nana Mouskouri. I was mortified! Went straight home and washed it so had my curls back xx that's what I should've done just kept wetting my hair and all the curls would've disappeared ,,,, nana Mouskouri was a fox in her time "

Yep.

I didn’t know who she was but gathered it was an insult, haha xx

over a year ago

I didn’t own any jeans until I was 16 and my aunty put me in a pair, I was happier in hippy skirts or long lace dresses. Remember going to town one day, when I was 17, in a long black lace ball gown, leather ballet shoes and a black veil. My mum cringed xx

Love this. Jusr add black lipstick black eyeliner ginger hair, and I would probably have been your very first stalker "

Alas I didn’t have ginger hair. Thick black curls. Did do the make up though x

My aunty used to say I looked like Morticia, she meant it as a criticism, I just said thank you, haha xx

over a year ago

Mrs here. There have been many fashion faux pas in my life

I went through a very, very goth phase in my mid 20's

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

Love this. Jusr add black lipstick black eyeliner ginger hair, and I would probably have been your very first stalker

My aunty used to say I looked like Morticia, she meant it as a criticism, I just said thank you, haha xx"

now morticia is defo a sexy lady in the recent films

By *rGuyMan
over a year ago

Croydon

"Nike tick shaved into the back of my head when I was a kid

I remember kids having that xx"

Yea not my greatest decision, along with having bleach blonde hair. Xx

over a year ago

Also cutting my hair short when I was at college.

I looked like I had a mushroom for hair when it was growing back. Pre straightener days + curly hair = not a good look

over a year ago

"Mrs here. There have been many fashion faux pas in my life

I went through a very, very goth phase in my mid 20's"

I still dip into mine, haha, as I tend to dress how I’m feeling on the day. My little one is doomed, as her mummy has no fashion sense whatsoever!! xx

over a year ago

My aunty used to say I looked like Morticia, she meant it as a criticism, I just said thank you, haha xx now morticia is defo a sexy lady in the recent films "

She’s always been sexy- love a gorgeous goth xx

over a year ago

Yea not my greatest decision, along with having bleach blonde hair. Xx"

I remember when Eminem came on the scene and everyone copied him. Even my ex husband! I was gutted as he shaved off his waist length hair to do it xx

over a year ago

"Also cutting my hair short when I was at college.

I looked like I had a mushroom for hair when it was growing back. Pre straightener days + curly hair = not a good look "

Omg! I remember that! Every hairdresser would say “layer it!” but would look even bigger! xx

By *rGuyMan
over a year ago

Croydon

Yea not my greatest decision, along with having bleach blonde hair. Xx

I remember when Eminem came on the scene and everyone copied him. Even my ex husband! I was gutted as he shaved off his waist length hair to do it xx"

Yep that was exactly when I had my hair shaved and bleached. Around 2000ish I think. Xx

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

My aunty used to say I looked like Morticia, she meant it as a criticism, I just said thank you, haha xx now morticia is defo a sexy lady in the recent films

She’s always been sexy- love a gorgeous goth xx"

So your auntie knew nothing xxx

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Para boots, army pants, red lumberjack shirt and long matted hair lol urrgh

Was that because of the grunge look? xx"

Yeah kind of late 80s thrash/death metal into early 90s grunge!

over a year ago

Dressed up as Lord Shiva or siva ( blue body paint and a faux lepordskin around the waist) on a motorbike for charity.

over a year ago

"Also cutting my hair short when I was at college.

I looked like I had a mushroom for hair when it was growing back. Pre straightener days + curly hair = not a good look "

That was the same pain for me was so jealous of those with sleek straight hair back then

over a year ago

My aunty used to say I looked like Morticia, she meant it as a criticism, I just said thank you, haha xx now morticia is defo a sexy lady in the recent films

She’s always been sexy- love a gorgeous goth xx

So your auntie knew nothing xxx "

I’m too “different” for their tastes. They like to blend in xx

over a year ago

"Dressed up as Lord Shiva or siva ( blue body paint and a faux lepordskin around the waist) on a motorbike for charity. "

That’s cool though x hope you managed to raise lots of money (the safety conscious in me is cringing at the thought of no protective leathers, haha) xx

over a year ago

Oh fucking loads. Purple crimplene trousers with a violet and purple striped shirt with platform shoes. Tartan Birmingham bags and a fly away colour psychedelic shirt. An aubergine double breasted suit that I thought was ace

My fashion sense is quirky and doesn’t follow a trend although I can dress safely if needs be

over a year ago

"Oh fucking loads. Purple crimplene trousers with a violet and purple striped shirt with platform shoes. Tartan Birmingham bags and a fly away colour psychedelic shirt. An aubergine double breasted suit that I thought was ace

My fashion sense is quirky and doesn’t follow a trend although I can dress safely if needs be "

I’d have probably loved the suit!!

Same here xx

Post new Message to Thread