Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I really dont intend to do that again.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm hearing a lot of conversations about "what will you do when this is over" and that awful phrase "New normal".

I realise for many this has been a worrying time, but what do you really hope doesnt return with the "new normal" ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

People not being aware of others. As in being in your personal space and far too close. I disliked it before this all started, I'm kind of enjoying the space now.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"People not being aware of others. As in being in your personal space and far too close. I disliked it before this all started, I'm kind of enjoying the space now. "

Definitely this.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"People not being aware of others. As in being in your personal space and far too close. I disliked it before this all started, I'm kind of enjoying the space now. "

Exactly.

I was born for social distancing! I dislike anyone being too close, unless there's a purpose to it

over a year ago

"People not being aware of others. As in being in your personal space and far too close. I disliked it before this all started, I'm kind of enjoying the space now.

Definitely this."

Yep

over a year ago

Being so busy doing things that don't need to be done that I forget what I have to be grateful for

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Hitting the nail squarely on the head there Meli

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

The fast pace of life is something I would like to stay away. I enjoy taking the time to enjoy the little things and not having to rush.

I do know that once I get out and about I will struggle massively will people entering my space.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Will be interesting to see how my commute pans out. Going in there's usually room to move, coming home they pack us in like sardines.

Will rail companies put on extra carriages as part of the new normal ,and if so who will stand the associated costs for that.

over a year ago

More and more services switching to offering their business/help/learning online. Having the choice of being able to do more things from the comfort of your own house. I will always chose that over being stuck in some waiting room or hanging on the phone.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"More and more services switching to offering their business/help/learning online. Having the choice of being able to do more things from the comfort of your own house. I will always chose that over being stuck in some waiting room or hanging on the phone.

"

Will these things continue to be available as a disability accommodation, if nothing else? It'll be interesting to see if organisations will be flexible now it's proven that it's possible.

over a year ago

"More and more services switching to offering their business/help/learning online. Having the choice of being able to do more things from the comfort of your own house. I will always chose that over being stuck in some waiting room or hanging on the phone.

Will these things continue to be available as a disability accommodation, if nothing else? It'll be interesting to see if organisations will be flexible now it's proven that it's possible."

Exactly this. If possible and it worked, why not continue. Especially thinking of those who need extra support. Like you mentioned.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"People not being aware of others. As in being in your personal space and far too close. I disliked it before this all started, I'm kind of enjoying the space now.

Will be interesting to see how my commute pans out. Going in there's usually room to move, coming home they pack us in like sardines.

Will rail companies put on extra carriages as part of the new normal ,and if so who will stand the associated costs for that. "

Yes I've been thinking about that as well. I'm lucky in that remote working is feasible for me majority of the time. When I do need to travel though it gets awfully packed on the way home. I'm hoping they do extra carriages but I doubt it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Will these things continue to be available as a disability accommodation, if nothing else? It'll be interesting to see if organisations will be flexible now it's proven that it's possible.

Exactly this. If possible and it worked, why not continue. Especially thinking of those who need extra support. Like you mentioned. "

I saw a lot of disabled people in the States really angry that they were denied remote working for their disability, but it was suddenly no problem when other people needed it.

over a year ago

" I'm hearing a lot of conversations about "what will you do when this is over" and that awful phrase "New normal".

I realise for many this has been a worrying time, but what do you really hope doesnt return with the "new normal" ? "

parking wardens

Post new Message to Thread