Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Face masks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I see many posts on social media about how facemasks don't work bla bla.

Surely if doctors and nurses wear them they do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I see stuff on social media saying the earth is round, but we all know it’s flat

By *0cketWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

I got all excited thinking this was about sheet masks and skin peels. But nah. Just Covid again

over a year ago

"I got all excited thinking this was about sheet masks and skin peels. But nah. Just Covid again

"

Same here!

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"I got all excited thinking this was about sheet masks and skin peels. But nah. Just Covid again

"

So did I and I like a good face mask

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

So did I and I like a good face mask "

I never use them, maybe I should. I wonder if they'd 10 years off

over a year ago

Sorry ladies! I do love a facemask myself though, especially a self heating one

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Come post on my thread

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Face masks work if you have the right ones, and know how to use them. The public don't generally know how to use them.

By *0cketWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

"Face masks work if you have the right ones, and know how to use them. The public don't generally know how to use them."

Yeah, someone I know said they’d seen someone in a full hazmat suit eating a sandwich with the medical gloves still on.

Genius.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Face masks work if you have the right ones, and know how to use them. The public don't generally know how to use them.

Yeah, someone I know said they’d seen someone in a full hazmat suit eating a sandwich with the medical gloves still on.

Genius. "

I've seen medical masks on heads and around necks, and moved to one side to eat or put hands in mouth. If you do that it does nothing.

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

imagine you sneeze wearing a face mask, where does it go?

imagine you are breathing out moist air, where does it go?

a face mask is good for about 10/15 minutes use (surgical scrub type ones)

the masks you see from b&Q etc they are good for bits of fluff and dust. that is the equivalent of a bus. a virus would be the equivalent of a baby crawling. the mask is no good.

wearing gloves.

you wear the gloves and everything you touch transfers a little bit to the glove and you put some of what is on the glove back. you spread and collect stuff.

you get into your car with the gloves on and drive home to the family.

if you buy the mask that the doctors/nurses wear it means they couldn't buy them. they will be the ones looking after you in hospital. with out a mask because you wasted it.

By *0cketWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

"

I've seen medical masks on heads and around necks, and moved to one side to eat or put hands in mouth. If you do that it does nothing."

Absolutely brilliant video online as well of a woman who has cut a rectangle out of the nose/mouth of her mask to make it easier to breathe in the states where they’ve been told to wear them. Wonderful!

I guess at the least, they encourage you not to touch your face. Just the cloth ones rather than taking medical grade ones from where they’re needed though.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

I've seen medical masks on heads and around necks, and moved to one side to eat or put hands in mouth. If you do that it does nothing.

Absolutely brilliant video online as well of a woman who has cut a rectangle out of the nose/mouth of her mask to make it easier to breathe in the states where they’ve been told to wear them. Wonderful!

I guess at the least, they encourage you not to touch your face. Just the cloth ones rather than taking medical grade ones from where they’re needed though. "

Oh for the love of...

over a year ago

We wear standard mask in hospital because we come in close contact less than 2 meters with droplets from patients and droplets from nurses/doctors and they only last minutes with full protection then less protection after. The proper masks let nothing in or out not even oxygen and after 4 hours (I know this from using them) it becomes enough and hurts and u struggle to breath. These are used for positive or suspected patients only. It's annoying when u see people driving alone in the car or walking alone wear standard masks.

That's my imput sorry for long message

By *0cketWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

"We wear standard mask in hospital because we come in close contact less than 2 meters with droplets from patients and droplets from nurses/doctors and they only last minutes with full protection then less protection after. The proper masks let nothing in or out not even oxygen and after 4 hours (I know this from using them) it becomes enough and hurts and u struggle to breath. These are used for positive or suspected patients only. It's annoying when u see people driving alone in the car or walking alone wear standard masks.

That's my imput sorry for long message "

That’s really interesting. 4 hours sounds hellish. Are standard masks the blue ones that folks have been buying up? And do you think it’s beneficial to the public to wear homemade or cloth masks?

over a year ago

I guess therea no need for them while driving or going for walks but surely they still offer some sort of protection for supermarkets and stuff?

Sorry i replied privetly by mistake!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I guess therea no need for them while driving or going for walks but surely they still offer some sort of protection for supermarkets and stuff?

Sorry i replied privetly by mistake! "

Probably not much, and none or harm if worn incorrectly.

Home made masks or non medical masks more protect other people from you.

over a year ago

I find wearing a mask when out shopping and things stops me touching my face and so it stays on until I get home and I’m able to give my hands a good wash if that includes whilst driving then so be it

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I have a full face NHS visor via work - works a treat when I’m out in public spaces. Protects ME and YOU!

Post new Message to Thread