Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Frippery. Makeup, skincare, hair etc

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Let's talk beauty. Experiments, finds, disasters?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I haven't experimented in ages, my skin is highly sensitive so I stick with what I know. Love Urban Decay though, although I'm not sure my bank balance does

By *0cketWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

Ooh I like these

I’ve just started using revitale salicylic acid scrub soap cause I get spots and it’s actually really good!

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've yet to have a reaction with makeup, skincare another question and don't get me started.

I did a banging look today, mostly Mac.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Ooh I like these

I’ve just started using revitale salicylic acid scrub soap cause I get spots and it’s actually really good! "

Ooh brilliant you're finding it helpful. My skin isn't playing nice right now. Meh

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Morphe has really good palettes which are a great price and super bendable.

I do a lot of special effects make up with wax and liquid latex etc so I have to use spirit gum adhesive first so if anyone know of any great moisturisers please let me know

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Morphe has really good palettes which are a great price and super bendable.

I do a lot of special effects make up with wax and liquid latex etc so I have to use spirit gum adhesive first so if anyone know of any great moisturisers please let me know "

I've heard such mixed things about Morphe! Interesting. I can't comment specifically.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Boots have launched a new skin care range, ordered them to give a try they are like £4 each. X

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Boots have launched a new skin care range, ordered them to give a try they are like £4 each. X"

What brand in Boots?

By *0cketWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

"

Ooh brilliant you're finding it helpful. My skin isn't playing nice right now. Meh

"

Mine hasn’t been either! Bloody nightmare. I thought it would get better with a period of little to no makeup but... wrong!lol

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Boots have launched a new skin care range, ordered them to give a try they are like £4 each. X

What brand in Boots?"

Boots own brand, it’s called the glow range x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Mine hasn’t been either! Bloody nightmare. I thought it would get better with a period of little to no makeup but... wrong!lol"

I suspect it'll be inside space plus stress, things like that. It's common.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Boots have launched a new skin care range, ordered them to give a try they are like £4 each. X

What brand in Boots?

Boots own brand, it’s called the glow range x"

Cheers x

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Morphe has really good palettes which are a great price and super bendable.

I do a lot of special effects make up with wax and liquid latex etc so I have to use spirit gum adhesive first so if anyone know of any great moisturisers please let me know

I've heard such mixed things about Morphe! Interesting. I can't comment specifically."

Yeah I hate their foundation. Smells and feels really cakey and heavy but palettes are good. I do love urban decay. The all nighter setting spray is the best setting spray I've ever tried!

over a year ago

I have eczema and really dry skin so struggle with any kind of foundation. I went out with tinted moisturiser one night and my skin was too dry, ended up looking like a leper with it flaking off

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I bought a exfoliating tea tree and peppermint foot peel to get rid of hard skin was only a quid now my feet are peeling something rotten was good

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I have eczema and really dry skin so struggle with any kind of foundation. I went out with tinted moisturiser one night and my skin was too dry, ended up looking like a leper with it flaking off

"

Treat the dry skin first x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I bought a exfoliating tea tree and peppermint foot peel to get rid of hard skin was only a quid now my feet are peeling something rotten was good "

I've had really good results with Soap and Glory Heel Genius a few times a week

over a year ago

Sleep in spongy rollers. .......but the best thing is you only have to have em in a bit not over night and it gives you a big bouncy blow dry look..without any damage ...winning

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"I bought a exfoliating tea tree and peppermint foot peel to get rid of hard skin was only a quid now my feet are peeling something rotten was good

I've had really good results with Soap and Glory Heel Genius a few times a week"

I try that thanks

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I have eczema and really dry skin so struggle with any kind of foundation. I went out with tinted moisturiser one night and my skin was too dry, ended up looking like a leper with it flaking off

"

I also suffer too and have a really bad breakout at the min. I’ve been exfoliating with the palmers cocoa butter scrub, I only wash my face with the e45 face wash as it’s really moisturising, then use face cream, make sure you use a moisturising primer before any make up. X

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

I used to have eczema really bad everywhere. Do you have steroid cream? Forgot the name of the one I had but it had a black and orange band around the tube. What tinted moisturer did you use?

over a year ago

I (her) am really glad to see this thread... thank you OP

Setting spray was mentioned above, I use NYX matte setting spray and I find it's good. I fancy new eyeshadow palettes but not sure which brand to invest in for good quality cover. Any suggestions are so welcome.

Also, I started looking into microblading and wonder if you have any thoughts on it?

Huge thanks x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I (her) am really glad to see this thread... thank you OP

Setting spray was mentioned above, I use NYX matte setting spray and I find it's good. I fancy new eyeshadow palettes but not sure which brand to invest in for good quality cover. Any suggestions are so welcome.

Also, I started looking into microblading and wonder if you have any thoughts on it?

Huge thanks x"

Have a look on Temptalia's website. It's one of the few really objective makeup review sites I know. I can give my own recommendations based on what I like, but my tastes are idiosyncratic. What kind of thing are you looking for?

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Huge thanks x"

Urban decay have great palettes, kat von d for bright eyeliners, brow pomade.

My friend has had mircoblading and it doesn't last long 6months to a year. Thought about tattooing?

Mind you with mircoblading you can change the shape after a year or if you need to go for a top up x

over a year ago

Twist and lock gel by cantu. Great for enhancing curls.

Now tested and worth the price. Smells so lovely too.

Ordered Loreal retouch magic for my roots as advised by some ladies on here.. so that's next to experiment with.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Urban Decay definitely have some great palettes but also some misses... proceed with caution. (I have, err, several Urban Decay palettes and I'm a big fan, but they've certainly had flops)

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Also with eyeshadow, primer is everything for cover and colour payoff.

over a year ago

"Also with eyeshadow, primer is everything for cover and colour payoff. "

I was looking at primers earlier this week, I think I will get myself one

over a year ago

"Also with eyeshadow, primer is everything for cover and colour payoff. "

Which one do you use?

over a year ago

Huge thanks x

My friend has had mircoblading and it doesn't last long 6months to a year. Thought about tattooing?

Mind you with mircoblading you can change the shape after a year or if you need to go for a top up x"

I think tattooing them is too permanent for me, as you said I could change the shape with microblading. X

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Also with eyeshadow, primer is everything for cover and colour payoff.

I was looking at primers earlier this week, I think I will get myself one"

The three I've tried I like.

Urban Decay Primer Potion. This stuff is the bees knees, I think. But pricey. Colours bold, helps things last.

NYX HD Eyeshadow Base and Primer. I like this as my daily. Colours good but not incredible, long lasting.

I got a Morphe one for free ages ago (won a competition). Good for colour (similar to NYX), quite dry on (good for oily lids/ sweat?) but I find blending a bit more difficult

If you use loose pigments or anything prone to lots of fallout you'll need a glitter glue.

over a year ago

Huge thanks x

Have a look on Temptalia's website. It's one of the few really objective makeup review sites I know. I can give my own recommendations based on what I like, but my tastes are idiosyncratic. What kind of thing are you looking for? "

I wear full face of make up every day, I like classy, smoky eyes but not bold or bright for work. Those could be kept for evening make up x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Depending on the colour scheme you're going for, most of the Urban Decay Naked palettes get good reviews (not Cherry, Smokey less so although I think it's discontinued along with the original). I'm really loving Naked Honey lately, although 2 is still my favourite.

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

I recently discovered Shiseido under eye treatment. It reduced those annoying fine lines and I had no adverse reactions.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But there are lots of great palettes out there (and a lot of misses, never buy blind). I have some Mac I like, and I'm a big fan of Pat McGrath (on sale, haha)

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I recently discovered Shiseido under eye treatment. It reduced those annoying fine lines and I had no adverse reactions."

I've heard good things but haven't tried it myself.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

I was pleasantly surprised with benefit full coverage foundation. I went to counter in February. They sorted out what would suit me best and gave me a sample which lasted at least 5 or 6 tries. So I went back and got some. A little goes a long way and lasted all day. extremely happy with results

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I was pleasantly surprised with benefit full coverage foundation. I went to counter in February. They sorted out what would suit me best and gave me a sample which lasted at least 5 or 6 tries. So I went back and got some. A little goes a long way and lasted all day. extremely happy with results "

Oh interesting. I have an older Benefit foundation I'm actually hate panning on lockdown.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

A few days ago I lost patience with myself and blow dried my hair. I've decided heat is the devil and I'm not doing that anymore. My hair felt so bad!

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Bump

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Biotin supplements have definitely made a difference to my hair growth. I'm also cutting back on blow drying/straightening my hair and instead using coconut oil and putting my hair in a protective style. It does annoy me because it feels too heavy and long but at the same time I kind of like it.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've been using that L'Oréal hair lengthening stuff. It does seem to work but when I try to plop my hair the waves fall out, so it's probably incompatible. I'm focusing on letting it grow out so it's flexible when hairdressers are possible again. I'll get more into serious curly girl when my hair products need replacing, but in the meantime just treating my hair gently.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Huge thanks x

Mind you with mircoblading you can change the shape after a year or if you need to go for a top up x

I think tattooing them is too permanent for me, as you said I could change the shape with microblading. X"

I'd be scared with tattooing that brows would change fashion and I'd end up looking extra ridiculous

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Huge thanks x

I think tattooing them is too permanent for me, as you said I could change the shape with microblading. X

I'd be scared with tattooing that brows would change fashion and I'd end up looking extra ridiculous"

I've had mine threaded for years, then she dyes them.

In her absence I bought a Hollywood Browser off Amazon which works better than plucking and gets the peach fuzz off your face too.

Reading your posts I think I need to up my make up game though, not sure where to start

Jo x

By *iAbbyTV/TS
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Im stuck using Costco body wash and shampoo until the shops open up. I think my dryskin is improving. I might keep using them

By *ulahlollipopWoman
over a year ago

Reading/London

Considering dip dyeing my hair blue and green later on

By *iAbbyTV/TS
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Considering dip dyeing my hair blue and green later on "

Do it. You have a few weeks if it goes wrong

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Let's talk beauty. Experiments, finds, disasters?"

I used coconut and castor oil mix in my hair. Massage it for good 5 minutes or so leave it as long as possible without really irritating you, do this weekly or twice a week... And your hair will thank you.

By *iAbbyTV/TS
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I used coconut and castor oil mix in my hair. Massage it for good 5 minutes or so leave it as long as possible without really irritating you, do this weekly or twice a week... And your hair will thank you. "

Ill try this

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Loving this thread. Can anyone recommend a good moisturising primer suitable for dry and sensitive skin? I'm really struggling to find one that works well enough to allow me to wear foundation.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Huge thanks x

I'd be scared with tattooing that brows would change fashion and I'd end up looking extra ridiculous

In her absence I bought a Hollywood Browser off Amazon which works better than plucking and gets the peach fuzz off your face too.

Reading your posts I think I need to up my make up game though, not sure where to start

Jo x "

How would you like to up it?

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Loving this thread. Can anyone recommend a good moisturising primer suitable for dry and sensitive skin? I'm really struggling to find one that works well enough to allow me to wear foundation."

I'd look to skincare before makeup, to be honest. Skincare claims in makeup tend to be dubious, and your skin will be your best base in any case.

What kind of sensitivities do you have, do you know? I've got sensitive skin and I know how much of a pain it can be to find out what you react to. (I've never reacted to makeup, thank goodness)

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"Loving this thread. Can anyone recommend a good moisturising primer suitable for dry and sensitive skin? I'm really struggling to find one that works well enough to allow me to wear foundation.

I'd look to skincare before makeup, to be honest. Skincare claims in makeup tend to be dubious, and your skin will be your best base in any case.

What kind of sensitivities do you have, do you know? I've got sensitive skin and I know how much of a pain it can be to find out what you react to. (I've never reacted to makeup, thank goodness) "

I have very dry skin, often patchy...I use Palmer's cocoa butter twice a day as other moisturisers just aren't rich enough to deal with it. I find most foundations dry out and make those patches look flakey, which is horrible.

I also use betnovate cream and derma500 most days, and a steroid cream when it's bad (usually cold weather and/or stress induced)

By *iAbbyTV/TS
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I use dovobet on the dryskin on my body but it is not a cure, just a slight improvement. I need to get back to the doctors

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Huge thanks x

Jo x

How would you like to up it? "

Never do much with my eyes, I need to try.

But not sure where to start

X

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Eyeshadow primer and shadows that suit your features. Brushes (no need to go expensive, most of mine are Elf, although I also like Ecotools) for application and blending (these need cleaning). Eyeliner, pencil is the most foolproof.

Different shapes of eyeshadow look, will all look different given your unique eye. I found graphs helpful for understanding terminology in tutorials as to placement.

This might be helpful. Wayne Goss talks a lot of sense. https://youtu.be/g7RGx5wU1AQ

Robert Welsh on YouTube is my favourite for makeup tutorials at the moment.

Never buy mid to high range eyeshadow (or most makeup) without looking at reviews. Where she reviews the product, Temptalia is my go to and has never steered me wrong in terms of performance. (Different colours suit different people, although eyeshadow is more flexible than most other things. Performance is like, how long it lasts, is it easy to apply)

Experiment. Makeup is technique, and eyeshadow is difficult.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Eyeshadow primer and shadows that suit your features. Brushes (no need to go expensive, most of mine are Elf, although I also like Ecotools) for application and blending (these need cleaning). Eyeliner, pencil is the most foolproof.

Different shapes of eyeshadow look, will all look different given your unique eye. I found graphs helpful for understanding terminology in tutorials as to placement.

This might be helpful. Wayne Goss talks a lot of sense. https://youtu.be/g7RGx5wU1AQ

Robert Welsh on YouTube is my favourite for makeup tutorials at the moment.

Never buy mid to high range eyeshadow (or most makeup) without looking at reviews. Where she reviews the product, Temptalia is my go to and has never steered me wrong in terms of performance. (Different colours suit different people, although eyeshadow is more flexible than most other things. Performance is like, how long it lasts, is it easy to apply)

Experiment. Makeup is technique, and eyeshadow is difficult. "

Thanks that's really helpful

I also need to look at lashes, never had much success with those either

Just need to motivation to make an effort now

Jo x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I look at eye makeup as playing. I set aside some time and see what happens.

Lashes... I'm afraid I was mostly born with those

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

... as in, I've got thick full black lashes naturally, so mascara or falsies aren't an area I know too much about.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Loving this thread. Can anyone recommend a good moisturising primer suitable for dry and sensitive skin? I'm really struggling to find one that works well enough to allow me to wear foundation.

What kind of sensitivities do you have, do you know? I've got sensitive skin and I know how much of a pain it can be to find out what you react to. (I've never reacted to makeup, thank goodness)

I have very dry skin, often patchy...I use Palmer's cocoa butter twice a day as other moisturisers just aren't rich enough to deal with it. I find most foundations dry out and make those patches look flakey, which is horrible.

I also use betnovate cream and derma500 most days, and a steroid cream when it's bad (usually cold weather and/or stress induced)"

Dry skin and psoriasis sufferer too. I like Mac prep and prime, or a really good cheaper option I’ve found was nice was the MUA pro base oil free primer form Superdrug x

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I use good quality aloe vera gelly for any skin ailments

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Loving this thread. Can anyone recommend a good moisturising primer suitable for dry and sensitive skin? I'm really struggling to find one that works well enough to allow me to wear foundation."

I honestly swear by decent quality aloe vera gelly then my aloe vera moisturiser as part of primer. It works for me but not sure with about everyone else.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I also use betnovate cream and derma500 most days, and a steroid cream when it's bad (usually cold weather and/or stress induced)"

Have you tried a hyaluronic acid under a moisturiser?

over a year ago

Betnovate is a steriod cream x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

There are more dewy or moisturising foundations and primers which will help, I suspect, but skincare will do most of the job.

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

I am now on my 3rd week of using some of The Ordinary products on my face definitely happy with them, no flare ups, no allergic reactions and my skins seems to have settled down and feels healthier. Apart from my hands which I have prescription cream and soap for as they are a mess.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I am now on my 3rd week of using some of The Ordinary products on my face definitely happy with them, no flare ups, no allergic reactions and my skins seems to have settled down and feels healthier. Apart from my hands which I have prescription cream and soap for as they are a mess. "

I've been using The Ordinary for about a year now and my skin is so much better than it has been.

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

"I am now on my 3rd week of using some of The Ordinary products on my face definitely happy with them, no flare ups, no allergic reactions and my skins seems to have settled down and feels healthier. Apart from my hands which I have prescription cream and soap for as they are a mess.

I've been using The Ordinary for about a year now and my skin is so much better than it has been."

I got the idea to try from yourself on a thread about a month ago so glad I read it now. Thank you

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh brilliant, I'm glad.

Other brands are popping up into that budget but targeted space. I've not tried myself, but apparently the Inkey List is also very good.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I also use betnovate cream and derma500 most days, and a steroid cream when it's bad (usually cold weather and/or stress induced)

Dry skin and psoriasis sufferer too. I like Mac prep and prime, or a really good cheaper option I’ve found was nice was the MUA pro base oil free primer form Superdrug x"

Prep and prime is lovely on my drier bits, but pricey.

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Betnovate is a steriod cream x"

It is...I have Fucibet too for flare ups

Thanks everyone for the advice - going to look into aloe vera and prep & prime now!

over a year ago

I have very dry skin, often patchy...I use F&B's spunk twice a day as other moisturisers just aren't rich enough to deal with it. I find most foundations dry out and make those patches look flakey, which is horrible.

Thanks everyone for the advice - going to look into aloe vera and prep & prime now!"

I have the tap if you want

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Makeup has some funky names, but we haven't gone there yet

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Oh my glam is a pretty new range of make up..their pallets and lipstains are amazing

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've never heard of them, interesting.

My next look will be something ostentatious and colourful I think.

over a year ago

So the past 2 weeks I’ve been trying the Cannabis Sativa Oil Daily face cream from Avon (my neighbor sent the online grouchier to me). And I can honestly say it’s amazing and well worth a try, I have naturally red cheeks and prone to hormonal spots and I thought for the price if it’s rubbish I will use as a hand cream, well that’s not happening as it’s great.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

That's brilliant.

My main moisturisers are Superdrug. They do what I need

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"

I have very dry skin, often patchy...I use F&B's spunk twice a day as other moisturisers just aren't rich enough to deal with it. I find most foundations dry out and make those patches look flakey, which is horrible.

Thanks everyone for the advice - going to look into aloe vera and prep & prime now!

I have the tap if you want "

Ha, you're a bad man.

I'm on my way

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Mac strobe cream (travel size is cheaper)

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Mac strobe cream (travel size is cheaper) "

I liked the strobe cream I tried as a sample - I think there's a dupe for it. Maybe too much of an effect to not use deliberately though?

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"So the past 2 weeks I’ve been trying the Cannabis Sativa Oil Daily face cream from Avon (my neighbor sent the online grouchier to me). And I can honestly say it’s amazing and well worth a try, I have naturally red cheeks and prone to hormonal spots and I thought for the price if it’s rubbish I will use as a hand cream, well that’s not happening as it’s great. "

Good to know, I've got a face flakier than a crossaint at the moment and need all the help I can get!

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

I'm going to check out the Avon product too, someone else has mentioned that one to me before

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think a lot of people are having skin issues. I'm breaking out a lot and my lips are drier than they've been in ages

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"I recently discovered Shiseido under eye treatment. It reduced those annoying fine lines and I had no adverse reactions."

Interesting! Most of my wrinkles seem to be around my mouth though - have any folks out there found something that genuinely helps to get rid of them (other than Botox) - or at least reduces the appearance?

Every time I try a moisturiser for mature skin I get dry and/ or red patches everywhere and have to return to my ultra cheap unfragranced boots moisturiser (used it since I was around 16 and it seems to be the only moisturiser my skin will tolerate).

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"I think a lot of people are having skin issues. I'm breaking out a lot and my lips are drier than they've been in ages"

Partly stress/anxiety related I'm sure. Mine is linked to a lifelong struggle with stress-related excema, which has definitely got worse over the last couple of months. I've noticed a lot more hair falling out too.

Funny isn't it...we can seem calm and adjusted on the outside, but our body shouts all the warning signs that it's internalising stress.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I recently discovered Shiseido under eye treatment. It reduced those annoying fine lines and I had no adverse reactions.

Interesting! Most of my wrinkles seem to be around my mouth though - have any folks out there found something that genuinely helps to get rid of them (other than Botox) - or at least reduces the appearance?

Every time I try a moisturiser for mature skin I get dry and/ or red patches everywhere and have to return to my ultra cheap unfragranced boots moisturiser (used it since I was around 16 and it seems to be the only moisturiser my skin will tolerate). "

Fragrance is the worst. Really bad.

Beating the same old drum, have you tried hyaluronic acid layered under moisturiser? It can lead to a plumped appearance

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think a lot of people are having skin issues. I'm breaking out a lot and my lips are drier than they've been in ages

Partly stress/anxiety related I'm sure. Mine is linked to a lifelong struggle with stress-related excema, which has definitely got worse over the last couple of months. I've noticed a lot more hair falling out too.

Funny isn't it...we can seem calm and adjusted on the outside, but our body shouts all the warning signs that it's internalising stress."

Definitely. I'm rolling with it, although if my lips start bleeding I'll get upset. I had it under control damn it

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

I use a body shop one. I find it really good makes skin feel great and foundation seems to last longer too

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I think a lot of people are having skin issues. I'm breaking out a lot and my lips are drier than they've been in ages"

I have to wear face masks at work which caused acne breakouts. My skin hasn't been this bad condition for a long time because of Covid-19

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think a lot of people are having skin issues. I'm breaking out a lot and my lips are drier than they've been in ages

I have to wear face masks at work which caused acne breakouts. My skin hasn't been this bad condition for a long time because of Covid-19 "

I'm sorry.

By *evil-AngelWoman
over a year ago

I've been watching Brad Mondo on YouTube. His videos are usually him reacting to people doing their own hair at home.

He's done some tutorials recently to help people cut their own hair during lockdown. Xx

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think I saw one of those. I've just watched some Wayne Goss. I should watch hair people because my hair game sucks

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Tomorrow (because scheduling reasons) I'll be doing a VE Day inspired look. More blush than I'm used to I think

over a year ago

"Tomorrow (because scheduling reasons) I'll be doing a VE Day inspired look. More blush than I'm used to I think "

Ooooh. What will you be doing with your eyes?

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Tomorrow (because scheduling reasons) I'll be doing a VE Day inspired look. More blush than I'm used to I think

Ooooh. What will you be doing with your eyes? "

Something quite simple seems to be called for. Probably a simple brown or beige wash. Classic red lipstick and coordinating blush. Apparently foundation a shade darker than your skintone, but I don't have that

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Done. Critique welcome if you want to see.

The eyeshadow is Radar and the eyeliner is Demolition

over a year ago

"Done. Critique welcome if you want to see.

The eyeshadow is Radar and the eyeliner is Demolition "

Gorgeous as always! Love your lippy

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Dior 999, overlined as they did in the 1940s. A colour that existed at the time, too.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Dior 999, overlined as they did in the 1940s. A colour that existed at the time, too."

Looks spot on too, got to love a bit of historical accuracy, I'm such a nerd lol

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Dior 999, overlined as they did in the 1940s. A colour that existed at the time, too.

Looks spot on too, got to love a bit of historical accuracy, I'm such a nerd lol"

It's not to my taste, but it's for a good cause, lol. They love it

Post new Message to Thread