Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

SHOUTING

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do lots of people on here shout in their profiles and messages?

Block capitals is shouting and there really is no need for it, find the shift key on your keyboard!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's an automatic delete.

By *harax1985Man
over a year ago

Edlington

For the occasional important phrase it's understandable - still not nice to look at, mind, but understandable.

BUT TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS IS REALLY QUITE ANNOYING, IT'S DIFFICULT TO CONCENTRATE ON AND YOU JUST KIND OF COME OFF AS A BIT OF AN IDIOT.

Personally, I Find It Far More Irritating Seeing A Profile Wherein Every Word Has Been Capitalised. It Portrays Someone With A Rudimentary Understanding Of The Concept Of Proper Grammar, But Not The Wherewithal Or Desire To Actually Enact It.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It depends on what they're shouting

If the context is aggressive and shouty then yes I think take a chill pill before you keel over with high blood pressure,its so offputting

If its to highlight a point then I don't think its too bad as theres no other way of doing that with the format we have to use

over a year ago

Good grief...

Youll be expecting the bog seat down next...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

maybe

because

they

dont

know

how

to

use

a

keyboard

over a year ago

"Good grief...

Youll be expecting the bog seat down next..."

Of course I do.... rarely happens though!! hehe (sorry Mike)!!!!

over a year ago

"It depends on what they're shouting

If the context is aggressive and shouty then yes I think take a chill pill before you keel over with high blood pressure,its so offputting

If its to highlight a point then I don't think its too bad as theres no other way of doing that with the format we have to use "

Agree

A little use of CAPITALS does help put an IMPORTANT point accross

FULL ON SHOUTY = DELETE

over a year ago

who gives a fuck, I dont read anything u lot type..I just look at the pretty pictures and WANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!k!

over a year ago

If its to highlight a point then I don't think its too bad as theres no other way of doing that with the format we have to use

Agree

A little use of CAPITALS does help put an IMPORTANT point accross

FULL ON SHOUTY = DELETE "

Some have profiles almost completely in caps and only find the shift key at the beginning of occasional words - so you end up with this: sENSUAL GUY lOOKING FOR SOLE mATE!!! How irritating is that?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

i aM LoOsly dEscRibEd aS a TwuNt.

dOeS thAt eCksLuDe mE As weLl ?

CoNceRnEd Of dErBy XxXxX

over a year ago

Maybe they are just trying to let it all out?

over a year ago

"i aM LoOsly dEscRibEd aS a TwuNt.

dOeS thAt eCksLuDe mE As weLl ?

CoNceRnEd Of dErBy XxXxX "

piSs MySElF LaughInG

over a year ago

"Maybe they are just trying to let it all out?"

INCLUDING THEIR ANGER AND COCK

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/12 22:02:04]

over a year ago

"For the occasional important phrase it's understandable - still not nice to look at, mind, but understandable.

BUT TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS IS REALLY QUITE ANNOYING, IT'S DIFFICULT TO CONCENTRATE ON AND YOU JUST KIND OF COME OFF AS A BIT OF AN IDIOT.

Personally, I Find It Far More Irritating Seeing A Profile Wherein Every Word Has Been Capitalised. It Portrays Someone With A Rudimentary Understanding Of The Concept Of Proper Grammar, But Not The Wherewithal Or Desire To Actually Enact It."

Do you WONNA fookin slap!!

You coulda pre-warned us you was gunna do that, my eyes have gone funny now!

over a year ago

If its to highlight a point then I don't think its too bad as theres no other way of doing that with the format we have to use "

I would go with that it would be good if we could highlight things or have multi coloured profiles so people didn't have to though.

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman
over a year ago

amersham

"who gives a fuck, I dont read anything u lot type..I just look at the pretty pictures and WANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!k!"

HA HA HA HA!!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"For the occasional important phrase it's understandable - still not nice to look at, mind, but understandable.

Personally, I Find It Far More Irritating Seeing A Profile Wherein Every Word Has Been Capitalised. It Portrays Someone With A Rudimentary Understanding Of The Concept Of Proper Grammar, But Not The Wherewithal Or Desire To Actually Enact It.

Do you WONNA fookin slap!!

You coulda pre-warned us you was gunna do that, my eyes have gone funny now! "

nOwt tO dO wItH The vOdDy tHen?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

A bold text facility for profiles would maybe help...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

The actual words bother me more than hoe they are typed to be fair. Great long moany profiles with tons of rules and negativity turn me off big time.

My profile text seems to do the trick. Get loads of blokes saying how much they loved reading it

Post new Message to Thread