FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How is your mental health during this strange time?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how is your mental health doing? Ive had a few wobbles, what are you doing to keep active and not bored? Me im doing resistance band training and batch cooking and watching Netflix and Xhamster and admiring the lovely ladies on here.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm doing good. Just concentrating on the positives

Roads are clearer

Shops are emptier

I'm lucky enough to still be working at 100% wage

More time to practice the piano

I'm eating better now

Exercising more

Saving money

Its all about perspective for me

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

I'm a strong person mentally anyway. Previous careers meant I had to be so that training certainly helps me now.

I'm also enjoying doing things I don't normally have the time to do such as baking.

I know some people are really struggling right now so for them I hope this is all over sooner rather than later.

over a year ago

Wobbly.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

There are positives yes .

I'm less tired

I'm cooking more

Nature is blooming

over a year ago

Similar to POF minus the piano lol

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Trying to keep busy but at the same time feel sad that everything i planned has been cancelled and the future looks uncertain.

over a year ago

I think we’re all entitled to wobble now and again. Keeping positive seems to be the key but it’s easy to say...

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Still working with full wage.

Still healthy.

Family is OK

Friends are Ok

Doing well overall. No real reason to have any wobbles.

The sexual frustration is another matter entirely

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

My anxiety has been a bit higher than normal - loved ones who are frontline NHS isn't good for anyone's mental health.

But I'm trying to look at it in a similar way to PoF; I have more time with family, I'm still working with full pay so that's a relief. My hair is longer than it's been and I've managed to get the odd jobs around the house done. Next week I'm going to carry on with the exercise and eating better - my mental health is greatly improved when I do so.

over a year ago

Being honest I think this will be the one thing that will take me the most time to recover after all of this... since the 3rd week of March I have been placed in accommodation provided by work because I am a frontliner, havent been in contact with any family or friends face to face since... worked almost every day to keep myself going put more people than you can imagine in bodybags in that space of time which is horrific, then got mandatory tested to which I was told I had COVID and have been in full isolation the past 2 weeks. I was lucky I had no symptoms other than tiredness, which I put down to working so much, but then to be completely locked away no walks, no nothing I feel myself in a dark hole with a ladder too high up to reach to pull myself out of.. physical exercise limited, food choice limited, end up drinking most nights to just help myself sleep yeah I will hold my hands up and not be ashamed to say my mental health has taken a total whack with everything thats going on

On the brightside though it wont last forever and we will all be able to bounce back from it !!

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I'm not sure about my mental health as I have been depressed for awhile, I'm just grateful that I'm still working (security)even though the company I work for don't care. I will have to look after the worst of this pandemic is over and see what it has done to me

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

It's like the ride nemesis at alton towers

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I had a huge wobble at the start of lockdown but have a huge arsenal of coping mechanisms and climbed out. My background anxiety is higher than normal but I think that's rational and healthy. Focusing on the positives, being gentle with myself, etc. Reaching out to others and empowering myself.

The mental health toll here is likely to be big, even for those it hasn't hit yet. Trauma is a tricky thing, and this is a global one.

One foot in front of the other, watching for hazards.

over a year ago

I’ve had some wobbles. Not being able to go anywhere any distance away is a pain. It would be nice to get out and run in a forest but I have to just deal with that.

Having no real end in sight doesn’t help.

I have enjoyed there being less traffic and there being more birds around though

over a year ago

As someone who lives with mental health issues already, my mental health is so much more better than normal. I think maybe as I can practice mindfulness and relax more than usual. Let's face it, I have all the time in the world for that right now.

over a year ago

Shite. Feel like topping myself at times. Glad I have a good support system

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Still working and at full salary

Enjoying my time at home

All family ok

All friends Ok

My resolve is holding up pretty well so far

I’m thankful for the friends ‘virtually’ keeping me company during my solitary lockdown isolation. It means a lot x

over a year ago

Mostly good. I'd planned to take a few months off work, so not doing a lot, just unfortunate timing with not being allowed out. That said, I've had very little stress or anxiety so it's worked well from that aspect. Had some days where I've felt really frustrated, however I've got a lot to be grateful for.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Doing alright actually.

Like the peace.

Like seeing the kindness’s and friendliness of neighbours.

Working on my home and fields. Seeing more

of nature etc.

Go to work as normal and the journey is peaceful.

Saved a fair bit of money and realised I don’t need to spend on frivolous stuff for the sake of it.

Only thing I miss is being able to be around friends and family and travel which was a major love. It will all return in time.

over a year ago

I am quite enjoying this temporary excuse to not go out, not have to meet people and get extra rest. I’m in no rush to go back to normal. Only thing which is an issue for me is the supermarkets!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

... meanwhile, ask me this again after I ring and yell at my grandma for going out

over a year ago

I’m quite enjoying the break from normal life to be honest. Still working and have my closest people with me. Just missing my friends family and man really, but hopefully restrictions will ease a little soon x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Up and down like a pair of nuns knickers if i’m honest.

I miss my freedom to roam wild and free. For hours and hours. Wherever, whenever.

Amen.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 01/05/20 13:09:59]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Miss family, friends and adult interaction but it needs to be done.

I miss more not working and lack of purpose, feel brain dead

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/05/20 13:18:17]

Post new Message to Thread