Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone enjoy a good ramble? Any walking buddies around

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *onnydayzMan
over a year ago

preston

Nice dogging area between Ambleside & Grasmere - carpark on the left.

White something or other

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’m a keen walker, I love a good bimble

By *obyorkMan
over a year ago

Keighley

Yes. I do a lot of walking. I’ll be back up to the Lakes when lockdown ends

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love being outdoors, and lake district is right out my front door, which I try and not take for granted. Planning on a 2 or 3 day expedition to secret river for some gold prospecting in couple weeks time hopefully

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Went last year

It’s not for us, came home after 3 nights

over a year ago

"Went last year

It’s not for us, came home after 3 nights "

Why was that?

By *ordescourtMan
over a year ago

Warrington

How many miles would you say is a decent walk

over a year ago

"I love being outdoors, and lake district is right out my front door, which I try and not take for granted. Planning on a 2 or 3 day expedition to secret river for some gold prospecting in couple weeks time hopefully "

Now that sounds like fun

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I really do find walking for the sake of walking extremely boring. I would literally rather watch paint dry as at least I can sit down and do that.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I really do find walking for the sake of walking extremely boring. I would literally rather watch paint dry as at least I can sit down and do that."

What about walking for

The views the self discovery the peace the health the adventure the new discoveries the vitality

I am indeed a borrowdale bunny ,hiker scrambler climber camper and mountaineer

Granted have currently defected to Welsh rock and sea

It's sad that some try to demean what I feel I could articulate is one of the most openly beneficial activities a human could partake in

By *oinerbillMan
over a year ago

warrington

I have a place in the lakes between Bowness and Ambleside, the lakes is the nicest place in the world

Nothing better than 10 / 12 mile walk, finished off with a couple of pints or Wainwrights

but I also understand its not everyones cup of tea, one gf thinks im wierd

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

"I really do find walking for the sake of walking extremely boring. I would literally rather watch paint dry as at least I can sit down and do that.

What about walking for

The views the self discovery the peace the health the adventure the new discoveries the vitality

It's sad that some try to demean what I feel I could articulate is one of the most openly beneficial activities a human could partake in

"

I've not seen anyone on this thread demeaning it, if you enjoy it crack on. Personally I just find it dull.

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

"I really do find walking for the sake of walking extremely boring. I would literally rather watch paint dry as at least I can sit down and do that.

What about walking for

I've not seen anyone on this thread demeaning it, if you enjoy it crack on. Personally I just find it dull."

Scenic yes but the towns etc are so under invested in and run down that they ruin its appeal.

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

You can't beat a bit of rambling along Squirrels Edge.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

What about walking for

I've not seen anyone on this thread demeaning it, if you enjoy it crack on. Personally I just find it dull."

I find my adventures are a reflection of my inner self and personality

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

What about walking for

I've not seen anyone on this thread demeaning it, if you enjoy it crack on. Personally I just find it dull.

I find my adventures are a reflection of my inner self and personality "

There's the difference, rather than my adventures being a reflection of what I already am I prefer to absorb new experiences and new sensations that take me out of my comfort zone, to become a more rounded person.

I find that kind of self improvement exciting and one of the most beneficial activities a human could partake in. Horses for courses though

On the lakes specifically they are beautiful, I would just much rather drive through them or cycle than walk them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/05/20 08:18:38]

By *aughtybutnice5Man
over a year ago

ulverston

I am in Ulverston and walk near canal and beach

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

I used to live in Troutbeck and work for the National Trust...my window overlooked Grasmere. Happy days. Did a few of the peaks but love the walks through the woods and round the lakes. Would go back if the right opportunity came up...

over a year ago

I love the lakes. I walked from Pooley Bridge to Glenridding along the east side of ullswater years ago and got the boat back. Really enjoyed it but can't walk for pleasure any more

over a year ago

I love the Lakes, I grew up in South Lakes. I miss it and go back as often as I can.

Post new Message to Thread