Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Legalising Brothels

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Legalised brothels for the Olympics - you might not like the idea but if the move stops organised crime trafficking women into prostitution then why not?

Twenty-eight legal brothels existed in the state as of July 2008, employing about 300 female prostitutes at any given time. In some locales, there exist multi-unit complexes of several separate brothels run by the same owner.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyleedsladMan
over a year ago

leeds

How can some be legal brothels and others illegal?? I imagine the red tape must be a right pain!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think they should be legalized, I may be wrong but i think that we are one of the few in europe where it is not legal

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ok. Ive always said brothels should be legalized. Women would be in a safe enviroment, regular drug and health checks and possibly educate them, get them on college courses ect, give them something to achieve, whether that is to earn the big bucks in prostituation or take a "proper" career.

However, i do not thing it will clean up the streets, i think it will make them better. There will always be girls that get into prostituation as young as 12/13, some will be on drugs and under the influence of guys already.

No legal brothel is going to take underage or drug/alcohol users.

There will always be street girls but there can be a better enviroment for some women

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If this was inspired by the interview on This Morning than I am still laughing at Philip when the prostitute while wearing a low cut dress mentioned she lives at home with her two happy puppies

over a year ago

"If this was inspired by the interview on This Morning than I am still laughing at Philip when the prostitute while wearing a low cut dress mentioned she lives at home with her two happy puppies "

+1 I was watching too

over a year ago

Legalise brothels, they are self employed.

They have regular check ups, property inspected, similar to catering establishments.

No Pimps, need planning permission (None in a residential area as such)

Maybe a limit on how many are working in one place at a time...crowd control, lol

over a year ago

Some women will still avoid brothels as they dont want to declare their incomes

But having grown up with the engineers I have lived in Hamburg (Germany) and many other places so brothels are nothing new or shocking to me

(not sure if thats a good or bad thing though )

over a year ago

"Some women will still avoid brothels as they dont want to declare their incomes "

Like many they will keep as much of their income under the HMRC radar, but many would welcome the change to make a decent income and enjoy it too.

over a year ago

Legalising it for the Olympics? You are having a laugh it starts in only a few weeks. Also in reality it wouldn't stop pimps or exploitation. We have legal cigarettes in the UK but organised crime is rife and it would be no different with prostitution.

over a year ago

"Legalised brothels for the Olympics - you might not like the idea but if the move stops organised crime trafficking women into prostitution then why not?

Twenty-eight legal brothels existed in the state as of July 2008, employing about 300 female prostitutes at any given time. In some locales, there exist multi-unit complexes of several separate brothels run by the same owner."

Are we talking about England here?

From the tone of your post you could have been describing South Africa as it is reminiscent of how they approached prostitution during the last world Cup.

over a year ago

"Legalised brothels for the Olympics - you might not like the idea but if the move stops organised crime trafficking women into prostitution then why not?

Twenty-eight legal brothels existed in the state as of July 2008, employing about 300 female prostitutes at any given time. In some locales, there exist multi-unit complexes of several separate brothels run by the same owner.

Are we talking about England here?

From the tone of your post you could have been describing South Africa as it is reminiscent of how they approached prostitution during the last world Cup. "

It was on this morning a guy from nevada has put a proposition into having it legalised for the olympics.

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

"How can some be legal brothels and others illegal?? I imagine the red tape must be a right pain!!"

Some of them cater for tape and pain I bet

over a year ago

"How can some be legal brothels and others illegal?? I imagine the red tape must be a right pain!!"

The 28 brothels mentioned are in Nevada. they're licensed by the state therefore legal,pay taxes etc.

Post new Message to Thread