Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shibari - Rope play

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey is anyone here into shibari?

I’ve had a handful of experience so far all turned out to be great, made sure I had some bandage scissors at the ready though just in case! As I’m new to it and just learning about the difference between circulation stopping knots and none circulation stopping knots.

Never been to any events or nights based around role play or any other bondage for that matter, but looking to broaden my horizons. So you’ve been to one, what was it like?

If not and you’ve tried it at home, what was that like? And how did you first learn and get into it? I’ve got a couple of books about it but looking always looking for more reads if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks guys! Take care and stay safe.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Yes I love shibari/rope play. Have pics on my profile of me hog tied with ropes. Bondage is a big passion of mine

over a year ago

"Yes I love shibari/rope play. Have pics on my profile of me hog tied with ropes. Bondage is a big passion of mine "

Do you have any pointers? How did you get into it? I’m more interested in learning to tie the knots and the artistry of the designs. As a posed to been tied up, although I would like try it if I was able to find the right person.

By *ittleRed18Woman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Check out the duchy website and shibaristudy.com for info. The latter has a really good video explaining medical info etc to ensure safety!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Two knotty boys on YouTube do some great tutorials

Take it that you are on that well known fetish site we cannot mention in the forums?

By *ittleRed18Woman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Two knotty boys on YouTube do some great tutorials

Take it that you are on that well known fetish site we cannot mention in the forums?"

they are great too. I didn't know how to mention that site on the forum. Haha

over a year ago

#LittleRed18, take it you are on there then?

By *ittleRed18Woman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

yes of course I assume you are too?

over a year ago

We are and pre covid regulars at events and clubs in Birmingham

Miss that so much at the moment!

By *ittleRed18Woman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Same! I miss my fab socials too. Literally filed my weekends with events from both sites. None stop kinky chat all month haha

over a year ago

Yes use Shabari quite often . My partner picked up some basics via the knotty boys on you tube ..Took me by surprise how secure it is . Definitely helps give up the struggle so to speak . Cheaper than a really good set of cuffs and much more versatile . Came in very useful to secure the anal hook aswell .. We did have a couple of more pictures on here of using shibari with the hook , but they where removed for being to rude , or looked like someone was being hurt , it said .. The hook is a bit uncomfortable over time but it dosent hurt .. surely rude is subjective on this site ?

over a year ago

I bloody love using rope. I'd say I was an accomplished amateur. Fully endorse the two knotty boys suggestions.

I learned everything I know from online tutorials and lots of practice.

As long as you know where not to apply pressure. That's key.

Also go to boat suppliers for your rope. Vastly cheaper than kink shops and better quality.

over a year ago

Thanks for all your responses guys!

Going to check out the knotty boys on YouTube. Never heard of them so thanks for the suggestion.

Yes I am also a member of the other site your speaking of and found some great videos and tutorials on there also.

Also thanks for the tip on getting rope from the boating supply stores that’s good to know.

Looking forward to once this is all over to hopefully attend more events and socials and learn more about shibari and kink.

Shibaristudy sounds like a good start as well thank you for that juicy nugget of advice will check it out! X

over a year ago

I’m on that other well known site too, same username as here. X

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We’ve been to a few events, the ones in clubs seem to be less interactive , but watching someone at work binding, suspending, playing which was nice but I got bored quickly just sat there! Have a look on meet-up for more interactive workshop/ sessions, there is one in London we did but can’t find it now, very busy daytime event , not all are kinky etc also maybe take up sailing !

over a year ago

"We’ve been to a few events, the ones in clubs seem to be less interactive , but watching someone at work binding, suspending, playing which was nice but I got bored quickly just sat there! Have a look on meet-up for more interactive workshop/ sessions, there is one in London we did but can’t find it now, very busy daytime event , not all are kinky etc also maybe take up sailing ! "

Hey! Thanks for your reply. What is meet-up and how do I find local events to go too? ... haha maybe take up sailing, not sure I’ve got the stomach for it lol x

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I've been a rope bunny a few times for a guy that runs workshops, it's fascinating to learn about how the placement and type of knot can do different things

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Love to try on the right person

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I love rope play

By *ensualMan
over a year ago

Sutton

I tend to be of a different view from some of the other commentators.

I prefer Japanese style rope. If you do this style I recommend learning from someone.

If you just want to tie pretty rope then you don't need one to one tuition.

Certain ties are about tension and form. Therefore understanding the correct tension is essential. You will not get an understanding of tension from books or videos.

I do think rope can be made out to be more difficult than it is. But some matters are critical to learn from a safety point.

There can be more to rope than tying people, such as learning how to move people, how to do takedowns, quick and dirty tying, or even dirty tying.

I am not a member of the shibari police and yes you can buy rope from a boat shop. You can buy rope from a DIY superstore, the rope just needs to be appropriate to your style of tying. Personally I prefer a good quality jute.

I am not a fan of the Knotty Boys, and would suggest looking at Lee Harrington's Shibari You Can Use or Midori's Japanese Bondage, or Chantra Rose Bondage for Sex, or Pete Riggs book Bondage the Smart Way. He also has a good website.

I would also check online to see if there is a peer rope near you.

Finally, the books mentioned cover safety and choice of rope.

Good Luck.

Post new Message to Thread