Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is Mel Gibson a hypocrite

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bring s history buff i was a bit disappointed with the film "braveheart" for historical inaccuracy, in particular the start of the film's opening narrative about it being accurate and true account., when it's more like historical

Vandalism

Investigating further, it was suggested Gibson had a chip on his shoulder with bad reviews from English critics. Making films like "the patriot" .

Interviewed, he said it was to express the value of freedom of people againdt tyranny, yet.. He made a film "we were soldiers" in which he takes part in the invasion of Vietnam, slaughtering the Vietnamese in their own country and grinning near the end of the film as carnage ensued.

So, what's your view of Gibson,? Is he a petty hypocrite?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've never once watched a movie and believed it was 100% accurate.

Hes made some great entertaining movies and that's all the opinion I have on him

By *rednwilma1Couple
over a year ago

york

You've got far too much time on your hands, lockdown victim me thinks...

over a year ago

Couldn’t give a monkeys really as long as it’s a good film

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Freedom! No, not freedom!

https://youtu.be/2mc13fBlhOg

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Bring s history buff i was a bit disappointed with the film "braveheart" for historical inaccuracy, in particular the start of the film's opening narrative about it being accurate and true account., when it's more like historical

Vandalism

Investigating further, it was suggested Gibson had a chip on his shoulder with bad reviews from English critics. Making films like "the patriot" .

Interviewed, he said it was to express the value of freedom of people againdt tyranny, yet.. He made a film "we were soldiers" in which he takes part in the invasion of Vietnam, slaughtering the Vietnamese in their own country and grinning near the end of the film as carnage ensued.

So, what's your view of Gibson,? Is he a petty hypocrite? "

No he an actor, director.

over a year ago

Braveheart, patriot travesty's of history, you can say there only films,, but for many the take that as history. Mel and his script writers to blame. Good point about Were soldiers. though all together that is the American film industry for you.

over a year ago

I like most of his films and I liked Braveheart! True story or not, its was a good watch.

over a year ago

"Braveheart, patriot travesty's of history, you can say there only films,, but for many the take that as history. Mel and his script writers to blame. Good point about Were soldiers. though all together that is the American film industry for you. "

Yes unfortunately. I can understand msking films on entertainment value depending on the target audience i suppose. I often wonder we hat the germans/Japanese make of our ww2 films but guess they won't watch them. Possibly the same with us watching "das boot"

over a year ago

"I like most of his films and I liked Braveheart! True story or not, its was a good watch."

Yea and any interview he does on any particular film is just to sell the film

over a year ago

"I like most of his films and I liked Braveheart! True story or not, its was a good watch."

Yeah, i admit to chuckling when he's bollock naked, about to have a shag!

Post new Message to Thread