Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

when conversation is so important ...

Jump to newest

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Why are so few people putting effort into their messages?

I often reply to messages rather than just deleting them, after all, I can hit the block button at any time.

But the sheer amount of "how are you" "hi" and "how you coping" are insane, I've even started copy and pasting a stock reply...

How have people lost the art of conversation?

Sex starts with the mind, if you can't get that interested then the rest of me sure as hell won't be.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Why are so few people putting effort into their messages?

I often reply to messages rather than just deleting them, after all, I can hit the block button at any time.

But the sheer amount of "how are you" "hi" and "how you coping" are insane, I've even started copy and pasting a stock reply...

Sex starts with the mind, if you can't get that interested then the rest of me sure as hell won't be.

"

Easy ice breaker I guess. I've been guilty of it myself. You could always try starting conversations yourself.

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

Totally agree. Very rarely get a message that is actually worthy of a reply these days.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Because fab is for sticking your willy in things, not for conversation.

Silly OP

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Are these messages from people you know or people approaching you for the first time?

over a year ago

Sadly its either that or a huge copy and pasted message. Its so exciting when I get one that stands out and gets my attention. But its rare x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Because fab is for sticking your willy in things, not for conversation.

Silly OP"

That's bloody sexist. I don't have a wang

over a year ago

I’m the opposite.

I waffle on about all sorts of crap when I message people.

For instance... I once knew a Jayne, I don’t think she was a lady though.

She was very nice and was really classy.

Maybe she was a lady afterall.

She sounds like she could of been.

Anyhow, it was back in the early noughties and she was a friend of a friend who i used to see sometimes in town.

This one time in town I offered to buy her a drink and she asked for a glass of fizz and when she sipped it her little finger was pointing at the sky.

Good times.

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Easy ice breaker I guess. I've been guilty of it myself. You could always try starting conversations yourself."

Oh I do. But if I'm honest, most of my conversations (and all of my current "oh let's meet up at some point in the future when this is over" list) are people I've connected with on the forums.

over a year ago

Silly OP"

You’ve got fab confused with the toaster silly!

over a year ago

Exactly what I was thinking, OP! Let's not forget the "hows the lockdown treating you?". People are still so lazy and most have nothing else to do... then they're surprised they just get deleted!

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Silly OP"

Ohhh I forgot, I'm just a brainless willyhole. Of course. Silly me

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Silly OP

You’ve got fab confused with the toaster silly!"

You stick your willy in the toaster? Damn I thought I was a sadist

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Because sadly, many people come up lacking in social interactive skills. This is true with regards to both men and women. Social media I think has greatly contributed to this, especially amongst younger age groups.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Silly OP

Ohhh I forgot, I'm just a brainless willyhole. Of course. Silly me "

Brainless Willyhole was the name of my old band

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I must be lucky I've had a couple of new interesting conversationalists message me this week

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Silly OP

You’ve got fab confused with the toaster silly!

You stick your willy in the toaster? Damn I thought I was a sadist "

...You Stick Your Willy In the Toaster was our biggest hit!

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

What the point of putting effort in when you just get buried in all the other message or ignore anyway.

If you ladies what a conversation try opening up the avenues more instead of shutting them down.

over a year ago

"

When ladies find out how my mind works, they rarely want to have sex with it...

over a year ago

I think it's a bit unfair to lay it entirely at someone else's door. A conversation is a 2 way thing, so if you're dismissing someone based purely on them asking how things are during this time...provided their pic or profile appeals...then maybe reflect on your own ability to have a conversation.

General you, not the op

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I guess in normal times, even the remotest chance of a fuck inspires a bit of effort in messaging, but now what’s the point?

Theesecseem to be working alright for us, feel free to use;

1. When it’s over , fancy a fuck ?

2. You look alright

3. I liked that thing you said in that thread

4. Etc etc

over a year ago

Would you prefer a cheesey chat up line?

over a year ago

there are very few messages that make me want to reply at the moment

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I'm seriously thinking about putting all the message filters on & just messaging people who catch my eye on the forums. Can't even rely on profiles for inspiration because about half the males don't bother writing a bio

over a year ago

Silly OP

That's bloody sexist. I don't have a wang"

you should buy one

the guys will be queuing up

over a year ago

I’ve actually stopped sending messages to people for a variety of reasons, but I think those that spent time interacting in the forums get to know each other better and then have more of a connection when they do message each other. The whole read the profile, and reply to ones likes or dislikes is bound to get the same thoughts from random blokes.

Forums Is the way forward if you have the time to put in

over a year ago

Silly OP

That's bloody sexist. I don't have a wang"

Sticking your crumpet in the toaster?

over a year ago

"I'm seriously thinking about putting all the message filters on & just messaging people who catch my eye on the forums. Can't even rely on profiles for inspiration because about half the males don't bother writing a bio"

So do that then if you're so disheartened

over a year ago

"

That is because you haven't caught my eye yet. Things are going to be a bit different for you from now on.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I'm seriously thinking about putting all the message filters on & just messaging people who catch my eye on the forums. Can't even rely on profiles for inspiration because about half the males don't bother writing a bio"

A number of women here have mentioned having far better results when they go hunting as opposed to having a more passive approach.

over a year ago

When ladies find out how my mind works, they rarely want to have sex with it... "

Genius

over a year ago

"I must be lucky I've had a couple of new interesting conversationalists message me this week"

FAF!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I haven't responded to any of my messages, as they are just as tedious as they normally are!

I can't be arsed as I am still working full time albeit at home, but if you can't engage my mind, then there is no chance in engaging anything else.

By *oby le roneMan
over a year ago

Treorchy

"

Easy ice breaker I guess. I've been guilty of it myself. You could always try starting conversations yourself."

I’m guilty of it to, after reading profiles and trying to write a decent message only for it to get an instant delete. After a while you just think what the hell, it’s gonna get deleted what ever I write. Saying that, I’ve had some great conversations off a simple hello or good morning.

over a year ago

I think it must be easy enough to get message burn out on here.

over a year ago

ive had some really good message conversations from some of the forum regulars here.

nice to find out others interests, been a good thing for me

over a year ago

I think some folk are just better in person and maybe shine if they manage to talk someone into a social.

And some of us are better at talking dung on here

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I’ve actually stopped sending messages to people for a variety of reasons, but I think those that spent time interacting in the forums get to know each other better and then have more of a connection when they do message each other. The whole read the profile, and reply to ones likes or dislikes is bound to get the same thoughts from random blokes.

Forums Is the way forward if you have the time to put in "

Most of them don't even reply to likes or dislikes, I know what I'm looking for is specific but I have even tried to put some more generic things in there, music, movies, cocktails, extreme sports.

I mean. Not going to lie you're now in my 'oh hello let's keep an eye on his forum posts" list

over a year ago

Silly OP"

Haha yep

over a year ago

"

So true

over a year ago

I have to say I've found the opposite to be true, I've had some real interesting people messaging and the banter has been top class but as someone mentioned, it's a two way thing it's not all down to they guys.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

I may suggest that simply most men and women are pretty poor trite and platitudenous

Shy, formulaic in articulate orators and writers

(Most here means over 50 %)

I actually dont think women as a whole are statistically better at meaningful or vibrant conversation than men

I think both the men and women of the forum are by default going to be statistically higher with their communication skills

over a year ago

I may suggest that simply most men and women are pretty poor trite and platitudenous

I actually dont think women as a whole are statistically better at meaningful or vibrant conversation than men

I think both the men and women of the forum are by default going to be statistically higher with their communication skills

"

Provocative. Let's see how it plays out Cotton

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"

True dat bruv.

over a year ago

They don’t need to converse properly .... there’s so many people on here now that there’s rich pickings

Post new Message to Thread