Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

instructions for self assembly

Jump to newest

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

why is it when you buy stuff thats self assembly the instructions dont make sense. Harumph

I bought a new gas bbq the weekend and i cant work out how to put it together properly i may have to conceed and pass the screwdriver over to him who must be obeyed when hes here tomorrow.

What else frustrates you that you cant get to work without help

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My wife says these instructions are put together by monkeys so men can understand them not women

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh i dont do stuff like that. I just get someone to do it for me lol

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

anything im useless at putting things together,and i want some wallpaper in my bedroom,but i cant paper for the life of me

no i am not advertising for someone to wallpaper for me lol

By *istress_L-CaptainCouple
over a year ago

Southport

I rarely use instructions. My dad was a good teacher and told me how to do things. Give me a hammer or drill and its all good

over a year ago

Pretty pathetic at diy. So just get some muscle in to do it for me. We can't all be good at everything.

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

true im giving in i got half way and it looks like there is a page of instructions missing so ill give it to someone who can read gibberish (Sir) Then ill cook him a gourmet meal among other things to say thanks. I normally like to keep my independance but this one has me beaten. I can do ikea flat pack no problem but a gas bbq no way

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

"My wife says these instructions are put together by monkeys so men can understand them not women "

Your wife speaks perfect sense

By *cruluceTV/TS
over a year ago

Worthing

Any ladies in the south want help with a flat pack,let me know,can do them with my eyes shut and got plenty of time in the evenings! I'll do it for a home cooked meal,since becoming single (ish,trial separation!) I've not really cooked as no point doing proper food for one!

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

"Any ladies in the south want help with a flat pack,let me know,can do them with my eyes shut and got plenty of time in the evenings! I'll do it for a home cooked meal,since becoming single (ish,trial separation!) I've not really cooked as no point doing proper food for one!"

shame im not in the south its only take Sir 6 months to put my curtain pole up well that is if he does it tomorrow

over a year ago

"Any ladies in the south want help with a flat pack,let me know,can do them with my eyes shut and got plenty of time in the evenings! I'll do it for a home cooked meal,since becoming single (ish,trial separation!) I've not really cooked as no point doing proper food for one!

shame im not in the south its only take Sir 6 months to put my curtain pole up well that is if he does it tomorrow "

6 months it took my hubby 5 years to put a curtain rail up and the banister rail fell off at the weekend now trying to work out what decade it will be before it gets put back on again

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

"Any ladies in the south want help with a flat pack,let me know,can do them with my eyes shut and got plenty of time in the evenings! I'll do it for a home cooked meal,since becoming single (ish,trial separation!) I've not really cooked as no point doing proper food for one!

shame im not in the south its only take Sir 6 months to put my curtain pole up well that is if he does it tomorrow

6 months it took my hubby 5 years to put a curtain rail up and the banister rail fell off at the weekend now trying to work out what decade it will be before it gets put back on again"

well this is only happening because i have refused to feed him if he doesnt do it and am witholding other priviledges not that i should but its finally worked

over a year ago

I shall be the sensible one.... its gas so be carefull if your in doubt dont light it and get help xxx enjoy the weather xxx

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

"I shall be the sensible one.... its gas so be carefull if your in doubt dont light it and get help xxx enjoy the weather xxx"

hence why im getting him to do it as i havent got a clue now he seems to think he knows what hes doing im hoping it will not scare the sun off as soon as it goes outside

over a year ago

"I shall be the sensible one.... its gas so be carefull if your in doubt dont light it and get help xxx enjoy the weather xxx

hence why im getting him to do it as i havent got a clue now he seems to think he knows what hes doing im hoping it will not scare the sun off as soon as it goes outside"

If its a swinging barbie....reccomend shaved bown below when cooking....and burn cream he he he x

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

"

If its a swinging barbie....reccomend shaved bown below when cooking....and burn cream he he he x"

its not unfortunately as my neighbours can see over my wall and are a little prudish

over a year ago

i remember buying some furniture off ebay which needs assembling.

it arrived on time and it all looked hopeful when i layed all the pieces out to make a start.

the instructions were in swedish!

no pictures just swedish writing.

over a year ago

Never had any issues with goods that require self-assembly.

over a year ago

"Never had any issues with goods that require self-assembly.

"

i will send the ebay item to you then.

any chance of getting it back assembled lol

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Queen of self assembly me, once bought some 2nd hand wardrobes, no destructions, already dismantled when I picked them up, put them together all by my lonesome.......just plucking up courage now to attempt changing a sink tap - soon as I can lend a basin spanner wrench thingy (that's a technical term ) I'll be giving it a go

By *ub bbw OP   Woman
over a year ago

oldbury

"Queen of self assembly me, once bought some 2nd hand wardrobes, no destructions, already dismantled when I picked them up, put them together all by my lonesome.......just plucking up courage now to attempt changing a sink tap - soon as I can lend a basin spanner wrench thingy (that's a technical term ) I'll be giving it a go "
you go girl i normally am the same but i dont have a drill for the curtain pole and the gas bbq has me stumped i have done most of it but cant complete it

Post new Message to Thread