Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drogba

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Confirmed he is leaving. Absolutely gutted. But good luck to him and thank you!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Quite a good farewell for him though...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Confirmed he is leaving. Absolutely gutted. But good luck to him and thank you!"

Word is they are getting Tom Daley in to replace him. Should fit like for like

By *rs Robinson1Woman
over a year ago

Chapel Row

"Confirmed he is leaving. Absolutely gutted. But good luck to him and thank you!"

Who ????

over a year ago

Did someone let the Drog out?

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Confirmed he is leaving. Absolutely gutted. But good luck to him and thank you!

Word is they are getting Tom Daley in to replace him. Should fit like for like "

By *exybabyMan
over a year ago

Canterbury....ish

To be honest i never used to like the man. However, my opinion changed of him when it was well documented just how much he does for various charities.

He may well be a diver on the field of play but when it comes to humanitarian causes he is a TOP bloke.

He'll still be an asset in any football squad but to match his generosity towards others in his totally unselfish manner will be a hard act to follow.

over a year ago

i'm a liverpool fan but i love Drogba! i'll miss him!

over a year ago

Right thing to do! He'd never ever get the oppertunity to leave on a high like he has right now

Great player ... Just a shame about the play acting. Its that reason alone I don't think he'll ever be classed as one of the greatest players unless your an Chelsea fan!

over a year ago

"Confirmed he is leaving. Absolutely gutted. But good luck to him and thank you!

Word is they are getting Tom Daley in to replace him. Should fit like for like "

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"To be honest i never used to like the man. However, my opinion changed of him when it was well documented just how much he does for various charities.

He may well be a diver on the field of play but when it comes to humanitarian causes he is a TOP bloke.

He'll still be an asset in any football squad but to match his generosity towards others in his totally unselfish manner will be a hard act to follow. "

Ditto - for all the stick footballers get many of them do loads for charity other than the community work they do for the club

over a year ago

"To be honest i never used to like the man. However, my opinion changed of him when it was well documented just how much he does for various charities.

He'll still be an asset in any football squad but to match his generosity towards others in his totally unselfish manner will be a hard act to follow.

Ditto - for all the stick footballers get many of them do loads for charity other than the community work they do for the club "

over a year ago

Newcastle fan here , but always thought drogba was sensational,un playable when he's in the mood, even now, yeah he gets slated for diving but most top players do exactly the same, the rewards for winning in football make them cheat,think he gets far too much blame when there's a lot more players out there do exactly the same week in week out,the premiership will miss him

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

As a liverpool fan i will miss him he gave our defence a torrid time over the years very strong player who could be brought to tears by a strong blade of grass

over a year ago

"As a liverpool fan i will miss him he gave our defence a torrid time over the years very strong player who could be brought to tears by a strong blade of grass"

I thumped the TV last Saturday during the game and Drogba fell over!

over a year ago

couldnt stand the horrible cheating diving crying cunt! glad he's fucked off, the premier league will be a far better place without players like that.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"couldnt stand the horrible cheating diving crying cunt! glad he's fucked off, the premier league will be a far better place without players like that. "

Would you care to mention a few more "Players like that" ?

over a year ago

I'll be sorry to see him go but glad he's not going to another English club. Seems some people don't like him(for which I'm sure he'd find it hard to quantify the fuck he couldn't give) but to Chelsea fans he is and will always be a legend.I grew up thinking we'd never even play in the European Cup,let alone winning the fucking thing

China might be a mistake tho,the owners a nutter and Anelka's reportedly had enough already

#flying high up in the sky#

over a year ago

"I'll be sorry to see him go but glad he's not going to another English club. Seems some people don't like him(for which I'm sure he'd find it hard to quantify the fuck he couldn't give) but to Chelsea fans he is and will always be a legend.I grew up thinking we'd never even play in the European Cup,let alone winning the fucking thing

China might be a mistake tho,the owners a nutter and Anelka's reportedly had enough already

#flying high up in the sky#

"

I liked the guy tbh, and my respect for him went up when he got so angry with that ref in a CL semi a couple of years ago. The ref was appalling and Drog was right to have a go at him. He stood up for his team and his teammates.

over a year ago

He should also be applauded for ending the career of Phillipe Senderos at Arsenal in the space of two games

over a year ago

"As a liverpool fan i will miss him he gave our defence a torrid time over the years very strong player who could be brought to tears by a strong blade of grass

I thumped the TV last Saturday during the game and Drogba fell over! "

Hope you did not hit it too hard, Young would need hospital treatment

over a year ago

"couldnt stand the horrible cheating diving crying cunt! glad he's fucked off, the premier league will be a far better place without players like that.

Would you care to mention a few more "Players like that" ? "

SUAREZ would meet all the criteria

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

If chelsea need a new cheating diving bastard give sir alex a ring young rooney nani all past masters

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

He'll still be an asset in any football squad but to match his generosity towards others in his totally unselfish manner will be a hard act to follow. "

sorry, its all relative.

not like he leaves himself short is it?

there are people in the REAL world that do just as much and havent a brass farthing, so not really totally unselfish.

over a year ago

sorry, its all relative.

not like he leaves himself short is it?

there are people in the REAL world that do just as much and havent a brass farthing, so not really totally unselfish."

Just read that he was paid £3million for a Pepsi advert. He spent the whole lot building a hospital in his home town in Ivory Coast. I cannot imagine many rich spoilt sportsmen out there doing the same.

Good luck to him. Some of the £20 million he earns in China will filter to good causes, that can only be a good thing.

over a year ago

"couldnt stand the horrible cheating diving crying cunt! glad he's fucked off, the premier league will be a far better place without players like that.

theres quite a few, obviously suarez are the two obvious, cant stand players like that, so much ability yet they feel the need to be far too dramatic.

over a year ago

Drogba

biggest dickhead in the Premier League closely followed by John Terry

over paid, over rated, fake, unprofessional waste of oxygen

Built up to be gods, legends by the media

one is a racist and the other is such a professional 'role-model' he spends most of the game trying to get his fellow 'professionals' penalised/booked/sent off by diving.

Not a football fan.

Want to see professional, respectful MEN playing sport, watch rugby.

At least they Respect opponents/fellow professionals the Referee and touchline officials!

Rant over!

over a year ago

cant believe someone has private messaged me regarding my previous forum post.

its my opinion!

take it or leave it!

grow up

over a year ago

"Drogba

one is a racist and the other is such a professional 'role-model' he spends most of the game trying to get his fellow 'professionals' penalised/booked/sent off by diving.

Not a football fan.

At least they Respect opponents/fellow professionals the Referee and touchline officials!

Rant over!"

you know so little about football yet enough about a man to rubbish him like you just did.

The charity work Drogba does for underpriviledged kids in the Ivory Coast should be commended. He's even taking part in the Olympics torch relay today because of his charity work.

You'll have to go a long way to find a better role model for youngsters in football than Didier Drogba.

over a year ago

Who ???? "

over a year ago

"Drogba

Not a football fan.

Rant over!

you know so little about football yet enough about a man to rubbish him like you just did.

The charity work Drogba does for underpriviledged kids in the Ivory Coast should be commended. He's even taking part in the Olympics torch relay today because of his charity work.

You'll have to go a long way to find a better role model for youngsters in football than Didier Drogba."

maybe if he did dwarf tossing in his spare time he would garner more respect from the egg throwing fans?

over a year ago

call me cynical

but just mu opinion

you can tell a lot about a man by the way he conducts himself on the Sports Field

Drogba is a Clown

over a year ago

*MY*

typo

over a year ago

"call me cynical

but just mu opinion

you can tell a lot about a man by the way he conducts himself on the Sports Field

Drogba is a Clown"

you are cynical

how they conduct themselves in 'real life' is a truer indication of the person. step forward Giggs and Carling as prime examples if professional on the field. twunts in real life.

over a year ago

true

cant all be perfect all of them time.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Saurez obviously would come quite high on any list of unprofessional players. When Robbie Savage was playing for various other teams, a local rag journo once called him an "anti-footballer". He changed his tune when he played as Derby County's captain. He stopped his Bentley & gave 2 fans a lift to Pride Park. He also does quite a lot for charity.

over a year ago

In football you have the ultimate professionals who rarely even got booked during their entire playing career - Gary Lineker being a perfect example as I believe he only ever got a single yellow card in his whole career. David Beckham is another who is not given to hystrionics when fouled and he just gets up and carries on. Rooney may have his critics but he only got 1 yellow this season for Manchester United and if it hadn't been for that petulant red against Montenegro for England he would have had an almost perfect season.

Then there are the 'serial' cheats in the game who wave imaginary cards at the ref to influence the ref's decision, and that seems to be a foreign import to our game.

Then there are the players who think that winning at all costs is completely acceptable - please welcome Joey Barton, Luis Suarez, Steve McMahon (ex-Liverpool player who thought nothing of using his elbows when the officials weren't looking).

They are ALL part of the game and without their 'colour' football might be fairer, but a lot less interesting.

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Great player. Served his club well. Chelsea legend better after his first year or two when he toned down his strops, brushed the niggles off and played with a smile. Shame to see him leave our game but wish him a happy life wherever he chooses to continue his career.

over a year ago

"Great player. Served his club well. Chelsea legend better after his first year or two when he toned down his strops, brushed the niggles off and played with a smile. Shame to see him leave our game but wish him a happy life wherever he chooses to continue his career."

over a year ago

So gona miss the big man he was one of the best players we had wat a big character sry to see him go wish him all the best

over a year ago

"Drogba

Not a football fan.

Rant over!"

yeah,match fixing,spearing,gouging,collapsing scrums,2 England players disciplined for misconduct over a sexual assault charge,biting on fake blood capsules,Harlequins and Bath brawling inside and outside a nightclub where its alleged some of the players were taking drugs. Spotlessly clean is Rugby..Oh I nearly forgot...Will Carling boning Princess Diana. Even JT would be hard pressed to match that. Incidentally,for the record,He's an alleged racist at the moment

over a year ago

"yeah,match fixing,spearing,gouging,collapsing scrums,2 England players disciplined for misconduct over a sexual assault charge,biting on fake blood capsules,Harlequins and Bath brawling inside and outside a nightclub where its alleged some of the players were taking drugs. Spotlessly clean is Rugby..Oh I nearly forgot...Will Carling boning Princess Diana. Even JT would be hard pressed to match that. Incidentally,for the record,He's an alleged racist at the moment"

Anyone can pick up a 'ball', punch a few players on your way through and run a few yards to the goaline (which happens to extend from one side of the pitch to the other) and put it on the ground to score a 'try' - there's a laughable word - you don't even have to try.

over a year ago

"

Anyone can pick up a 'ball', punch a few players on your way through and run a few yards to the goaline "

Don't start on Joey Barton. I like him

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I did see Drogba carried the olympic torch today... I am surprise he managed to stay on his feet....

actually as an arsenal fans and having to sit thru watching him ripping our defence time after time after time I have to say after the 15th time watching him take the pee out of our central defenders that I had developed a grudging respect for the big oaf!!!!

anyway our defenders may be able to sleep at night now.....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"yeah,match fixing,spearing,gouging,collapsing scrums,2 England players disciplined for misconduct over a sexual assault charge,biting on fake blood capsules,Harlequins and Bath brawling inside and outside a nightclub where its alleged some of the players were taking drugs. Spotlessly clean is Rugby..Oh I nearly forgot...Will Carling boning Princess Diana. Even JT would be hard pressed to match that. Incidentally,for the record,He's an alleged racist at the moment

Anyone can pick up a 'ball', punch a few players on your way through and run a few yards to the goaline (which happens to extend from one side of the pitch to the other) and put it on the ground to score a 'try' - there's a laughable word - you don't even have to try. "

Where's Ruggers when you need her?

I was an exceptional no 14 on the wing in my day I'll have you know.

over a year ago

"

Anyone can pick up a 'ball', punch a few players on your way through and run a few yards to the goaline

Don't start on Joey Barton. I like him"

over a year ago

Ahh the Rugby v's Football debate always interesting.

For me Drogbas still a dick

And Terry shouldn't be in the England squad. For years he had Carvaleho what's his name. In the defence to pull him out the shit. In the last few seasons others have come and gone. When are people going to realise he is crap?

over a year ago

"yeah,match fixing,spearing,gouging,collapsing scrums,2 England players disciplined for misconduct over a sexual assault charge,biting on fake blood capsules,Harlequins and Bath brawling inside and outside a nightclub where its alleged some of the players were taking drugs. Spotlessly clean is Rugby..Oh I nearly forgot...Will Carling boning Princess Diana. Even JT would be hard pressed to match that. Incidentally,for the record,He's an alleged racist at the moment

Anyone can pick up a 'ball', punch a few players on your way through and run a few yards to the goaline (which happens to extend from one side of the pitch to the other) and put it on the ground to score a 'try' - there's a laughable word - you don't even have to try. "

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ahh the Rugby v's Football debate always interesting.

For me Drogbas still a dick

And Terry shouldn't be in the England squad. For years he had Carvaleho what's his name. In the defence to pull him out the shit. In the last few seasons others have come and gone. When are people going to realise he is crap?"

drogba may well be in the eyes of some people a dick..... but is he anymore of a dick then lets say for example a danny care, danny cipriani or a gavin henson.... so lets not pretend that football players are bad...and rugby players are all sweetness and light....

over a year ago

true

point taken

By *ister.CMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Signed one year with Liverpool

over a year ago

Saw him carrying the Olympic torch in Swindon yesterday.

Was soooooooo surprised he didn't take a dive half way round his jog through town!!!

over a year ago

"Signed one year with Liverpool "

why would anyone sign with Liverpool? Drog is a big game player. LFC don't have any big games anymore

over a year ago

no better way for him to go out.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

there are a lot of "players like that" in the prem!,you dont need to look far for divers at all!,ashley young,nani,rooney,suarez for starters.

over a year ago

Don't forget Gareth Bale. Diver of the season.

Tho to be honest for every diving cheat there's a Sergio Aguero. My player of the season. No tantrum,s no bad press, just gets on with it. And what a player!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Would you care to mention a few more "Players like that" ?

there are a lot of "players like that" in the prem!,you dont need to look far for divers at all!,ashley young,nani,rooney,suarez for starters.

"

Ah at last, someone is "Naming & shaming" on here!

Seriously though, it seems to be more of an everyday occurrence due to the mega bucks young people can accumulate early in their life.

Everyone wants to earn top dollar & retire as soon as they are no longer marketable at their chosen profession.

I hate golf, but having a good walk whilst hitting a ball with a stick seems like a good option to me.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Dont worry mate theres plenty more diving cheats in the sea..

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

he may have gone down,quicker than a glasgow hooker,but few strikers can have a better scoring record,in the big matches.

the premiership is the most entertaining league in the world,due to players like drogba.

like him or loath him,most managers,and fans,would be only to happy,to have him on their books.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Don't forget Gareth Bale. Diver of the season.

Tho to be honest for every diving cheat there's a Sergio Aguero. My player of the season. No tantrum,s no bad press, just gets on with it. And what a player!"

bale may have gotten the most yellow cards for "simulation".. but ashley young has to run him a close 2nd...... honourable mention to luis suarez...

over a year ago

"Don't forget Gareth Bale. Diver of the season.

Tho to be honest for every diving cheat there's a Sergio Aguero. My player of the season. No tantrum,s no bad press, just gets on with it. And what a player!

bale may have gotten the most yellow cards for "simulation".. but ashley young has to run him a close 2nd...... honourable mention to luis suarez... "

An unholy trinity there are

over a year ago

Apparently we are buying Hulk as a replacement. I bet the terrace lyricists are working on a song already!

over a year ago

"Apparently we are buying Hulk as a replacement. I bet the terrace lyricists are working on a song already!"

youm ean we're gonna have the hulk and the invisible man up front?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Apparently we are buying Hulk as a replacement. I bet the terrace lyricists are working on a song already!

youm ean we're gonna have the hulk and the invisible man up front? "

badum tish!!!! lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Apparently we are buying Hulk as a replacement. I bet the terrace lyricists are working on a song already!"

well apparently lets hope he has a thicker skin when he and porto got upset with man city fans for chanting "you're not incredible"......

Post new Message to Thread