Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Madchick update

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

For those that know our maddie went to afganistan last week. Shes fine, extremely hot 55degrees.

If anyone wants her address to send her a bluey or a parcel for the troops feel free to email me. Hopefully im getting my own soldier to write too next week lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Jeeeez 55 degrees

Glad shes ok, Im sure youre sending her our love x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

oh will you send me the address to send the parcels too

I was talking to her about it in chams just before she went and she was saying how some of the lads have no family so never get anything in the post which seems so wrong when alls considered so i would love to send some over and my nipper would love making them up too

Cheers

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"oh will you send me the address to send the parcels too

I was talking to her about it in chams just before she went and she was saying how some of the lads have no family so never get anything in the post which seems so wrong

"

Is that true?

What sort of things do you send in the parcels, and how do you send them?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/05/12 16:00:55]

over a year ago

I was talking to her about it in chams just before she went and she was saying how some of the lads have no family so never get anything in the post which seems so wrong

Is that true?

What sort of things do you send in the parcels, and how do you send them?"

she was saying anything really, from shower gel to sweets to puzzel books, i was told theres an address you send the boxes to then they are handed around the guys who dont get mail, Maddy was saying it makes some of their day and gives them something to look forwards to, made me quite sad when you think of the poor lads with noone sat watching everyone else open their stuff on delivery day

I think its a great idea myself

over a year ago

Is that true?

Yes thats true, they want anything from cheap toiletries to sweets ect. YOU CANT send things like chocolate, aerosols or vaseline type products(they melt), puzzle books

over a year ago

sent my first e-bluey to her last week but not 100% it went ok so waiting to see if i get a reply fingers crossed

good to hear an update ty hunny

xxxxxxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

What's a bluey?

over a year ago

send me the address to send packages i'd love to send some out there to the lads n lasses

over a year ago

"What's a bluey? "

dirty e mail?

over a year ago

"What's a bluey? "

a bluey is the air mail letters you send when they are overseas an e-bluey is the new way of doing it via ya puter

over a year ago

"What's a bluey?

a bluey is the air mail letters you send when they are overseas an e-bluey is the new way of doing it via ya puter "

prefered my explination lol

over a year ago

Would love the addy diamonds.

Its a fantastic idea to send something over to the boys stationed abroad.

over a year ago

"What's a bluey?

a bluey is the air mail letters you send when they are overseas an e-bluey is the new way of doing it via ya puter

prefered my explination lol "

over a year ago

Ha ha, there will be lots of soldiers join when they get back lol

over a year ago

Is that true?

Sadly its true for many. Thinks they like are sweets and small things, letters stuff to make them smile but nothing that will melt due to the heat. Its pretty boring out there for them at times.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

same goes for me,send me the addy please will send a couple of parcels off to the troops

over a year ago

"same goes for me,send me the addy please will send a couple of parcels off to the troops"

Me too please sweetie xx

By *elsh_lass74Woman
over a year ago

South Wales

I've used the E-bluey on one occassion. It gets printed out and sent to the address you give. The person then replies via hand written mail. Never had a reply so not sure how reliable it is.

I am writing to a soldier out there, he seems to be getting my letters ok, but it can take up to 3 weeks to get there.

I will ask him in my next letter if any of the lads with him need anyone to write to, and will let you ladies know.

Hope all over there, stay safe and come home soon x

over a year ago

ok guys n gals i have found a website that you can send your parcels to and they will forward them onto a soldier as you cannot just send them to an unnamed soldier as they will be returned to sender

i'll pm the web address to all those that have expressed an interest on here unless the powers that be will allow me to just pop it on the forum as its such a fabulous cause

pretty please????

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"

Sadly its true for many. Thinks they like are sweets and small things, letters stuff to make them smile but nothing that will melt due to the heat. Its pretty boring out there for them at times. "

Well other than smellies, puzzle books and sweets, if you think of anything else that would be good to put in the boxes, can you let us know?

over a year ago

"

Sadly its true for many. Thinks they like are sweets and small things, letters stuff to make them smile but nothing that will melt due to the heat. Its pretty boring out there for them at times.

Well other than smellies, puzzle books and sweets, if you think of anything else that would be good to put in the boxes, can you let us know?"

best ones to ask are soldiers that have been out there me thinks i'll start a thread theres enough about

over a year ago

Just found this website with all the info on what to send etc.and all rates etc. Hope this is allowed ?

http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/irshop.aspx?page=115&section=content

By *kyblue2681Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Id love to do the same as im an ex army brat so know what this kid of stuff does to cheer up the lads if some one could let me know the site/address and list of stuff we can send as i can't click on link as on my phone

Thanks x

By *uddlesloves!Woman
over a year ago

Plymouth

Sample List of Goods to Send to Afghanistan -

NO AEROSOLS, CHOCOLATE OR FRAGILE ITEMS.

Flannel (Primark £1.50 for 4-divide up)

Soap (Individual wrapped)

Shower Gel Shampoo

Toothpaste Toothbrush

Facial Wipes

Cotton Buds (helps to clean equipment)

Talcum Powder (small)

Moisturiser Cream (small)

Tweezers Comb

Plasters Needle & Thread

Note book (small) Black Biro Pens

Reading Books Newspapers

Highlighter Pens Chewing Gum

Pringles Haribo Sweets Range

Value Salted Nuts (Tesco)

Ginger Nuts

Dried Fruit Salad

Fruit & Nut Mix Packet

Wine Gums Fruit Gums

Ice-gems Noodles

Cup-a-Soup Oaty Bars

Bubble Gum

Chocolate Sachets Drink

Horlicks Sachets Drink

Coffee Sachets Drink (milk already in)

Popcorn ( Morrisons Good Buy)

Lollies

Paint brushes ( 1/2inch - 1inch - Helps clean Rifles)

Don't forget to enclose a letter of who you are.

Hope this helps as been sending boxes for years to family and friends.

over a year ago

"Just found this website with all the info on what to send etc.and all rates etc. Hope this is allowed ?

http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/irshop.aspx?page=115&section=content"

haha i love the bit here its suggesting what you can send where it says

magazines (not top shelf)

i mean come on your fight for your country and you can't even have a wank over a pair if tits at the end of the day lol

over a year ago

if i know where to send i will get some together ... I think its lovely to give somthing back . Just my letters may have alot of bad spellings and not that good to read .

over a year ago

"if i know where to send i will get some together ... I think its lovely to give somthing back . Just my letters may have alot of bad spellings and not that good to read . "

i doubt the guys over there who get nothing will be bothered about your spellings, infact im sure they would look forwards to them, guys in afghanistan have better thinsg to do that sit picking fault in trivial things like that

over a year ago

"if i know where to send i will get some together ... I think its lovely to give somthing back . Just my letters may have alot of bad spellings and not that good to read .

i doubt the guys over there who get nothing will be bothered about your spellings, infact im sure they would look forwards to them, guys in afghanistan have better thinsg to do that sit picking fault in trivial things like that "

Thats ok then xxx maybe get some pen pals xx

over a year ago

"if i know where to send i will get some together ... I think its lovely to give somthing back . Just my letters may have alot of bad spellings and not that good to read . "

Gawjus... You write as much and as often as you like... And dont worry about ya spellin...;-);-)

I can pretty much guarantee that the squaddies arent gonna see past the full stops in yer Avatar....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Just found this website with all the info on what to send etc.and all rates etc. Hope this is allowed ?

http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/irshop.aspx?page=115&section=content"

Yeah Admin say it is fine x

over a year ago

http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/irshop.aspx?page=115&section=content

Yeah Admin say it is fine x"

thanks admin. xx

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

haribos ...

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I had never thought that there might be soldiers who don't receive any goodies

Will now be digging out some shoe boxes to send .

over a year ago

Cool idea, thanks for the info

...would chapstick just melt? don't want their lips drying out before they get back

over a year ago

"I had never thought that there might be soldiers who don't receive any goodies

Will now be digging out some shoe boxes to send ."

You have to put stuff in them though

over a year ago

"Cool idea, thanks for the info

...would chapstick just melt? don't want their lips drying out before they get back "

Yes any kind of vaseline products will just melt and no aerosols

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I had never thought that there might be soldiers who don't receive any goodies

Will now be digging out some shoe boxes to send .

You have to put stuff in them though"

over a year ago

"Cool idea, thanks for the info

...would chapstick just melt? don't want their lips drying out before they get back

Yes any kind of vaseline products will just melt and no aerosols"

OK

I just followed the link...sorry for being thick - but the big address they give, is that the one for if ya don't know a name of a soldier?

It also said 'fillers' so does that mean I could just send a pile of stuff and they will make up parcels with it?

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I'll be putting a box together x

over a year ago

Chris served abroad as a marine, He says theres always soldiers with little or no family usually have come thro care system....he advises small luxuries items inc sweets lol....any talcs or body sprays etc should not be scented...as strong smells on patrol can be deadly.

Another way to give support more directly can be via the internet...face book and social web sites etc. Time to simply chit chat to escape mentally for a whiles excellent. respect to all our service personnel abroad xxx

over a year ago

"Sample List of Goods to Send to Afghanistan -

NO AEROSOLS, CHOCOLATE OR FRAGILE ITEMS.

Flannel (Primark £1.50 for 4-divide up)

Soap (Individual wrapped)

Shower Gel Shampoo

Toothpaste Toothbrush

Facial Wipes

Cotton Buds (helps to clean equipment)

Talcum Powder (small)

Moisturiser Cream (small)

Tweezers Comb

Plasters Needle & Thread

Note book (small) Black Biro Pens

Reading Books Newspapers

Highlighter Pens Chewing Gum

Pringles Haribo Sweets Range

Value Salted Nuts (Tesco)

Ginger Nuts

Dried Fruit Salad

Fruit & Nut Mix Packet

Wine Gums Fruit Gums

Ice-gems Noodles

Cup-a-Soup Oaty Bars

Bubble Gum

Chocolate Sachets Drink

Horlicks Sachets Drink

Coffee Sachets Drink (milk already in)

Popcorn ( Morrisons Good Buy)

Lollies

Paint brushes ( 1/2inch - 1inch - Helps clean Rifles)

Don't forget to enclose a letter of who you are.

Hope this helps as been sending boxes for years to family and friends.

"

Oh how daft actually crying reading that and no idea why, thankyou so much for such a helpful list

I'm really looking forward to sending my first box out, by the time our boy goes we'll be experts at it hopefully

I'd hate our boy to be one of the ones to be sat there with nothing whilst those around him received stuff so it makes me really happy to know we are all going to be putting smiles on faces my lovely fabster friends

By *uddlesloves!Woman
over a year ago

Plymouth

So pleased you have found it helpful. Have become quite an expert at packing them up. Even remember my lounge was like a packing line as did up 15 boxes at once for my mate who decided it would be a good idea to send me the details of his FOB ( forward operating base)..lol. When you weigh your box try to have it a little under as you will be surprised how even tape to close it adds on.

For years now every 6 month tour I have had someone out there so keeps me busy. The lads really do appreciate it all and they can't always believe that members of the public have been so kind when at times they just get grief for doing their job they love.

By *edhotminxWoman
over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

Other ideas: Baby wipes, hand sanitizer, battery operated fan (with batteries).

Some of the American Mums have made Cool Ties or Bandanas with medium size polymer granules in them (the stuff that retains water for plants). Once the polymer is hydrated, the fabric surface of the Cool Tie draws the moisture from the polymer to the fabric surface, which evaporates resulting in an effective body cooler. There are simple instructions on the internet on how to make them, and the soldiers can rehydrate it by putting it to soak in water for 15-20 mins. They can also be kept in a zip back in a fridge or cool bag ready for wear.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"

I just followed the link...sorry for being thick - but the big address they give, is that the one for if ya don't know a name of a soldier?

It also said 'fillers' so does that mean I could just send a pile of stuff and they will make up parcels with it?

"

Yes thats how I read it too

over a year ago

"Other ideas: Baby wipes, hand sanitizer, battery operated fan (with batteries).

Some of the American Mums have made Cool Ties or Bandanas with medium size polymer granules in them (the stuff that retains water for plants). Once the polymer is hydrated, the fabric surface of the Cool Tie draws the moisture from the polymer to the fabric surface, which evaporates resulting in an effective body cooler. There are simple instructions on the internet on how to make them, and the soldiers can rehydrate it by putting it to soak in water for 15-20 mins. They can also be kept in a zip back in a fridge or cool bag ready for wear."

oooo that sounds a really good idea i'll look that up thankyou treacle

over a year ago

"

Yes thats how I read it too"

me too

over a year ago

Smashy on here is back over there, I send him pringles and readers wives :D

It does take ages to get over there though and all post offices should have actual blueys if you dont want to use the e-system. (for free)

I write (pen and paper) to a number of men and love doing so, the sun (Dear D I think it was) always has a list of squaddies looking for pen pals :D

over a year ago

"Smashy on here is back over there, I send him pringles and readers wives :D

It does take ages to get over there though and all post offices should have actual blueys if you dont want to use the e-system. (for free)

I write (pen and paper) to a number of men and love doing so, the sun (Dear D I think it was) always has a list of squaddies looking for pen pals :D"

never knew that well i'll look into that a bit of letter writting is good for the soul especially if it gets me off here once i a while

over a year ago

I have sent about 20 boxes of stuff so far, Being an ex-soldier i know how important it is to receive parcels and letters when abroad, it is a great moral booster knowing the folks back in the UK are thinking of you

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ive been round several shoe shops...i know my hobby lol...but they are all happy to give shoeboxes away if you ask...i have been offered about 200 this afternoon...so folks just ask and you shall recieve

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"Ive been round several shoe shops...i know my hobby lol...but they are all happy to give shoeboxes away if you ask...i have been offered about 200 this afternoon...so folks just ask and you shall recieve "

I shall be asking at the weekend, and if I end up buying any more shoes Im blaming you...

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Ive been round several shoe shops...i know my hobby lol...but they are all happy to give shoeboxes away if you ask...i have been offered about 200 this afternoon...so folks just ask and you shall recieve

I shall be asking at the weekend, and if I end up buying any more shoes Im blaming you..."

Im happy to take the blame for that...i think just dont tell bigbad at the beach party

over a year ago

Can we just say we'll be sending a few boxes at the weekend but also give ,MASSIVE RESPECT,to Diamond for this thread,your a star hunny and a lot of our brave guys & girls are gonna benefit from this,Also wonder if the SURGE in all the extra stuff there gonna get as this post is suggesting is coming from FABSWINGERS

over a year ago

meant to say wonder if they'll realise its coming from the swinging population of the uk

Post new Message to Thread