Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I am a professional

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In my work.

What does it mean? That outside work you're not?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

To me it means you are in paid for employment. I'm not sure why people use it so much on here maybe it means different to different people.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

to us it means you are a bit up your own arse tbh, as soon as we see that on a profile we block and move on

over a year ago

This is what I read in someone's profile as an explanation why he would never show his face publicly.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"This is what I read in someone's profile as an explanation why he would never show his face publicly."

its a valid reason. If he doesn't want to show his face because it would jeopardise his job I think he's being sensible

over a year ago

"This is what I read in someone's profile as an explanation why he would never show his face publicly.

its a valid reason. If he doesn't want to show his face because it would jeopardise his job I think he's being sensible"

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"In my work.

What does it mean? That outside work you're not?"

My dyslexia nearly got the better of me then reading that title I think people often use it to state they’re not working class and have better jobs. To me it doesn’t matter. Yes I’m a professional but attraction in someone else doesn’t need to come down to what they do for work imo

over a year ago

I understand that people might not want to show their face. For whatever reason. But to say it's because "I'm a professional" I just find rather weird

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I understand that people might not want to show their face. For whatever reason. But to say it's because "I'm a professional" I just find rather weird "

I personally wouldn’t want my patients or there relatives to see me on here which is why I don’t have a full face picture. But you can state it in other ways that being a professional. I’m happy to explain to anyone if they asked

over a year ago

Possibly the best example is that of sports persons.

Back in the day only Amateur sports persons could participate in the Olympic Games whereas now they only allow professionals.

The difference between the two is that professionals get paid.

over a year ago

"In my work.

Absolutely. Outside of work I am a total freak, batshit crazy....

over a year ago

"In my work.

Absolutely. Outside of work I am a total freak, batshit crazy.... "

Finally I get some valid explanation

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

So howcome I'm more of a twat in work than I am outside if I'm a certified professional,

over a year ago

"So howcome I'm more of a twat in work than I am outside if I'm a certified professional, "

I think only you can answer that

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"So howcome I'm more of a twat in work than I am outside if I'm a certified professional,

I think only you can answer that "

Youd hope i was more professional in work when you know what I do and nope, I refuse to answer my own questions. I'm a twat like that

over a year ago

"So howcome I'm more of a twat in work than I am outside if I'm a certified professional,

Youd hope i was more professional in work when you know what I do and nope, I refuse to answer my own questions. I'm a twat like that "

Glad you are

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Youd hope i was more professional in work when you know what I do and nope, I refuse to answer my own questions. I'm a twat like that "

I class myself as the most unprofessional professional on the planet. Tbh I’m a twat both in & out of the work place

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Youd hope i was more professional in work when you know what I do and nope, I refuse to answer my own questions. I'm a twat like that

Glad you are "

I appreciate your professionalism in this instance

over a year ago

Glad you are

I appreciate your professionalism in this instance "

You can count on me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When I was working I was completely professional, we both were. Neither of us was professional outside of work, there was no need for it and it's not relevant. Now we're retired we're not professional at all.

The word does seem to cause a lot of upset on fab though

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Glad you are

I appreciate your professionalism in this instance

You can count on me "

Up to 20 if you include your toes as well as your fingers

over a year ago

Maybe it’s just away of saying I am not meeting nonprofessionals.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

I saw a profile once where the couple described themselves as professionals and said something along the lines of "if you are the type of people that work shifts we don't want to know"!

Guess that ruled out doctors, nurses, other emergency services etc. - this was pre-lockdown

over a year ago

"Maybe it’s just away of saying I am not meeting nonprofessionals. "

Very clever

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Once people are naked we are all the same, it's not where you come from or where you are going & not what you have or don't have.

People term themselves mostly for confidence to part of something like a group or a gang for acceptance in society.

Me & Kim have friends ranging from those that don't have a pot to pee in to some that are millionaires, you could put them in the same room & no would would know they lead different lives.

Don't label yourselves guys just enjoy people for who there are.

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I saw a profile once where the couple described themselves as professionals and said something along the lines of "if you are the type of people that work shifts we don't want to know"!

Guess that ruled out doctors, nurses, other emergency services etc. - this was pre-lockdown "

That’s me ruled out and as a nurse I think I’m formally classed as a professional

over a year ago

"I saw a profile once where the couple described themselves as professionals and said something along the lines of "if you are the type of people that work shifts we don't want to know"!

Guess that ruled out doctors, nurses, other emergency services etc. - this was pre-lockdown

That’s me ruled out and as a nurse I think I’m formally classed as a professional "

I'll get my coat as well

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"Once people are naked we are all the same, it's not where you come from or where you are going & not what you have or don't have.

People term themselves mostly for confidence to part of something like a group or a gang for acceptance in society.

Me & Kim have friends ranging from those that don't have a pot to pee in to some that are millionaires, you could put them in the same room & no would would know they lead different lives.

Don't label yourselves guys just enjoy people for who there are."

I’m the same. If fact the richer friends I have dress like they’re not the richer friends. In a room of people you’d be picking them as the skint ones

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That’s me ruled out and as a nurse I think I’m formally classed as a professional "

In your previous post you describe yourself as unprofessional

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

That’s me ruled out and as a nurse I think I’m formally classed as a professional

I'll get my coat as well "

Shall we share an Uber??

over a year ago

I'll get my coat as well

Shall we share an Uber?? "

Only if you wear PPE

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

In your previous post you describe yourself as unprofessional "

I’m an unprofessional professional but I’m still a nurse however you view it

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I'll get my coat as well

Shall we share an Uber??

Only if you wear PPE "

I’ve put my outside work PPE on

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I’m an unprofessional professional but I’m still a nurse however you view it "

I don't dispute that. Why are people so wary of being described as professional or people describing themselves that way?

over a year ago

"Once people are naked we are all the same, it's not where you come from or where you are going & not what you have or don't have.

Don't label yourselves guys just enjoy people for who there are."

True & well said, sometimes I am still struggling with bios on profiles. Indeed there is some info that should be explained such as when & how they will meet but there are a lot of unnecessary fantasies too.

over a year ago

"I understand that people might not want to show their face. For whatever reason. But to say it's because "I'm a professional" I just find rather weird "

Was he willing to video chat before a meeting or just wanted you to meet him without a face picture?

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I don't dispute that. Why are people so wary of being described as professional or people describing themselves that way?"

I think it’s a class issue. Them and us. Rather than fellow humans.

over a year ago

"I understand that people might not want to show their face. For whatever reason. But to say it's because "I'm a professional" I just find rather weird

Was he willing to video chat before a meeting or just wanted you to meet him without a face picture?"

He winked at me, liked my pictures and requested to be friends. No message. I wouldn't be interested.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't dispute that. Why are people so wary of being described as professional or people describing themselves that way?

I think it’s a class issue. Them and us. Rather than fellow humans. "

Ok. I personally have no problem with someone describing themselves as professional in a profile. I assume that they're describing themselves in an effort to give an idea of what I can expect. I don't see it as an exclusive thing or a class issue

over a year ago

I'll get my coat as well

Shall we share an Uber??

Only if you wear PPE

I’ve put my outside work PPE on "

So classy

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Ok. I personally have no problem with someone describing themselves as professional in a profile. I assume that they're describing themselves in an effort to give an idea of what I can expect. I don't see it as an exclusive thing or a class issue"

I guess it depends how it’s written and the expectation behind it. I’m not put off by it as such depending what’s around it. As I said earlier attraction n connection comes before someone’s career or lack of career for me

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I'll get my coat as well

Shall we share an Uber??

Only if you wear PPE

I’ve put my outside work PPE on

So classy "

I do like to dress up for the ladies you know and guys too. I like to look my best

over a year ago

Ok. I personally have no problem with someone describing themselves as professional in a profile. I assume that they're describing themselves in an effort to give an idea of what I can expect. I don't see it as an exclusive thing or a class issue

I guess it depends how it’s written and the expectation behind it. I’m not put off by it as such depending what’s around it. As I said earlier attraction n connection comes before someone’s career or lack of career for me "

I’m not doubting your sincerity...... But do you have any work or education criteria for someone you sleep with?

This is not a dig at you but sometimes when I read comments on a thread....

I’m like come on man you’re trying to sound prefect....

For example you are a nurse , you went to university and worked hard to become the man that you are....

So you would have no problems sleeping with a unemployed single mom with 6 children living in a counsel house surviving on the dole?

over a year ago

I’m a professional is used by different types of people. Those whose heads are up their arses and believe that this will attract someone of an upper class nature, or it may be someone attempting to let people know that they would be easily identified through their job which may be in the public eye, therefore requiring an element of discretion.

It’s hard to identify which one is which when reading a profile, but I suppose after a few messages you would soon know.

over a year ago

I liked the Professionals but not as much as The Sweeney...

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I guess it depends how it’s written and the expectation behind it. I’m not put off by it as such depending what’s around it. As I said earlier attraction n connection comes before someone’s career or lack of career for me

I’m not doubting your sincerity...... But do you have any work or education criteria for someone you sleep with?

This is not a dig at you but sometimes when I read comments on a thread....

I’m like come on man you’re trying to sound prefect....

For example you are a nurse , you went to university and worked hard to become the man that you are....

So you would have no problems sleeping with a unemployed single mom with 6 children living in a counsel house surviving on the dole?"

I don’t judge anyway for who they are black/white/brown. Gay/straight/bi. Male/female/trans/tv/cd. or what they have/don’t have. If I get on with them I get on with them. If I’m attracted to someone then I’m attracted to them and it’s as simple as that. If that sounds perfect as you put it that’s not me trying to be perfect that’s me as a person. I used to work in addiction services now many would frown at someone who’s addicted to drugs and/alcohol but I’ve met some of the nicest people on the planet. Polite, kind, genuine people. Same with someone who hears voices or has psychosis. Or self harms. My personal problem is that there’s too much judgment of those less fortunate with little consideration of the full narrative behind why someone doesn’t work and had 6 kids or whatever the issue is as most would have. Now on the flip side to that. Yes it’s one thing meeting someone for a FWB situation or even a one off meet although that’s not my thing, who has 6 kids or however many but I wouldn’t want to be in a full relationship with that person as I dislike kids and would never want to be a step parent at any level. But that’s just my preference. But that’s not to say I couldn’t enjoy time in there company away from the kids. I’m a completely honest person and I will always endeavour to answer any question posed to me to the best of my ability. I’m an open book on the whole although parts of my life I choose to keep to myself in terms of I wouldn’t discuss fab/swinging with my work colleagues or even discuss any of my personal life with them. I’m selective who I share stuff with in my friends circle about involvement in swinging but that’s because some maybe many wouldn’t get it. Hope that answers your question and settles your curiosity.

over a year ago

"Possibly the best example is that of sports persons.

Back in the day only Amateur sports persons could participate in the Olympic Games whereas now they only allow professionals.

The difference between the two is that professionals get paid."

The best example?!

over a year ago

Professional man here

over a year ago

"to us it means you are a bit up your own arse tbh, as soon as we see that on a profile we block and move on"

Hahahaha totally agree!!!!

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

I thjnk you just have to ask the question, "you're a professional what?"

Their answer maybe somewhat different to your interpretation.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Probably better just to state that something is job related, rather than use a term that's loaded with potential for being disliked.

By *assy69Man
over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

"In my work.

Apparently I am just practicing in my work

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I become professional cummer during this lockdown so always professional 24/7

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Oooh...the weekly inverted snobbery thread. Phew, in these strange times good to see that whilst some things change...some remain the same!

over a year ago

"In my work.

Apparently I am just practicing in my work "

As long as you get away with it

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Probably better just to state that something is job related, rather than use a term that's loaded with potential for being disliked. "

If you're bitter, jealous, with a chip on your shoulder and an inferiority complex, doesn't matter what's written it'll be disliked.

over a year ago

It means middle class and no intention of meeting any chavs.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/04/20 08:30:09]

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I guess it depends how it’s written and the expectation behind it. I’m not put off by it as such depending what’s around it. As I said earlier attraction n connection comes before someone’s career or lack of career for me "

Me too. Which is why I find it difficult to understand why people have such a problem with professionals if job status is irrelevant to them.

over a year ago

Some folks say they’re “Educated”.

We are all “educated” because all (or most) of us have been to school. Some went to University as well but it may only mean they’ve been educated for a bit longer having never actually left school till they got a degree or something !!!

I’m proud to say I was educated at school then have been attending the “School of Life” for the rest of my life.

over a year ago

I take as a we aren’t interested in meeting tradesmen types

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/04/20 08:37:09]

over a year ago

I don’t have any reference to my work on my profile- because I don’t expect people to judge/form an opinion of me based on my chosen career. Just as I would not do the same to others.

Also, work me and home me are very different people.

over a year ago

It’s a nice way of saying middle class without being so blatant. It’s not an insult to anyone who isn’t, but just inclination of the lifestyle that they live. Thus making a social a little awkward to anyone who may not be comfortable or necessarily be able to afford a social is a decent restaurant. We had a social with one couple who were clearly out of their depth. An uncomfortable social is no good for anyone.

If the term upsets you. Then the profile doesn’t suit you. Tuck you bottom lip in and carry on.

over a year ago

"I take as a we aren’t interested in meeting tradesmen types "

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

If someone mentions this it immediately puts me off

I just don't see the need for it. I don't care what you do, I only care about what kind of person you are. And that, tells me your probably not for me

over a year ago

"We had a social with one couple who were clearly out of their depth."

That seriously smacks of arrogance.

over a year ago

"We had a social with one couple who were clearly out of their depth.

That seriously smacks of arrogance."

So be it. We aren’t suited. It’s all there for just that.

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan
over a year ago

stockport wasteland

Im a proffessional pain in the ass but im not putting it on my profile, ive worked in the public eye but im also a proud swinger when i actually do swing lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"If someone mentions this it immediately puts me off

I just don't see the need for it. I don't care what you do, I only care about what kind of person you are. And that, tells me your probably not for me"

If you don't care what they do why does them being professional put you off?

over a year ago

If I see professional, Gentlemen or Educated on their profiles it puts me right off. X

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I just don't see the need for it. I don't care what you do, I only care about what kind of person you are. And that, tells me your probably not for me

If you don't care what they do why does them being professional put you off?"

I think maybe because it means that they place importance on things that I don't.

over a year ago

"If I see professional, Gentlemen or Educated on their profiles it puts me right off. X"

and genuine

over a year ago

"If I see professional, Gentlemen or Educated on their profiles it puts me right off. X"

I'm a professional landscaper and I'm educated in uuummmmmm in uuummmmmm in uuummmmmm well I got nvqs and gcses so in uuummmm.

Nope fuck it I'm thick as fuck lol

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan
over a year ago

stockport wasteland

Some professional people might have an honest reason if they have a very high profile job but the majority of job it wouldnt really inflict on its a cop out when people put it. I dont understand why people hide they have an open sexlife society is so narrow minded and tunnel visioned its rather sad

over a year ago

It’s the perfect word for a profile. If you like it, it works to let people know what type of person you are. If you don’t like it, it separates people who don’t want to see each other. So this thread is redundant.

Basically this thread is. I don’t like some people’s profiles. Not news really.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you don't care what they do why does them being professional put you off?

I think maybe because it means that they place importance on things that I don't."

Ok, I understand.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Some professional people might have an honest reason if they have a very high profile job but the majority of job it wouldnt really inflict on its a cop out when people put it. I dont understand why people hide they have an open sexlife society is so narrow minded and tunnel visioned its rather sad"

Your last sentence is exactly the reason people want to keep this side of their life quiet. There are loads of jobs which could be impacted by being outed for being a swinger

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan
over a year ago

stockport wasteland

"If I see professional, Gentlemen or Educated on their profiles it puts me right off. X

I'm a professional landscaper and I'm educated in uuummmmmm in uuummmmmm in uuummmmmm well I got nvqs and gcses so in uuummmm.

Nope fuck it I'm thick as fuck lol"

haha im a professional warehouse worker lol

over a year ago

Well if the shoe fits..

over a year ago

"Well if the shoe fits.. "
what shoe can o try it on???

over a year ago

If you don’t like the word don’t contact them, you aren’t suited.

If you do like it contact them, it may just work out.

over a year ago

So be it. We aren’t suited. It’s all there for just that. "

Well after this pandemic alot of middle class people aren't going to be middle class anymore due to job losses, so I guess your "pool" is going to shrink substantially over next few months.... I mean who knows, you may not completely safe from being knocked off your middle class pedestal?

And I am from a middle class background myself, before you assume I'm speaking from a place of not understanding, many of my middle class friends are at real risk of this.

over a year ago

"If I see professional, Gentlemen or Educated on their profiles it puts me right off. X

and genuine "

Omg yes, its the worst word, more trouble with this on profiles then anything lol

over a year ago

"In my work.

staid

over a year ago

Nope fuck it I'm thick as fuck lol"

Im not saying sweetie pie or I will get told off lol

over a year ago

Nope fuck it I'm thick as fuck lol haha im a professional warehouse worker lol"

I was a professional middle class wife, now I'm just a professional single mother lol

over a year ago

Well after this pandemic alot of middle class people aren't going to be middle class anymore due to job losses, so I guess your "pool" is going to shrink substantially over next few months.... I mean who knows, you may not completely safe from being knocked off your middle class pedestal?

And I am from a middle class background myself, before you assume I'm speaking from a place of not understanding, many of my middle class friends are at real risk of this. "

There’s more to being middle class than your job. It’s how you conduct yourself in daily life.

over a year ago

and genuine

Omg yes, its the worst word, more trouble with this on profiles then anything lol "

Hold on you said I was genuine the other day.so is that now a bad thing???

over a year ago

Nope fuck it I'm thick as fuck lol

Im not saying sweetie pie or I will get told off lol "

I'll get my belt out if you keep that up x

over a year ago

Means nothing in the swinging world.

Be professional and mind your own business

over a year ago

"It’s the perfect word for a profile. If you like it, it works to let people know what type of person you are. If you don’t like it, it separates people who don’t want to see each other. So this thread is redundant.

Basically this thread is. I don’t like some people’s profiles. Not news really. "

You’re implying everyone labelling themselves as “Professional” looks down their nose at others they feel are “out of their depth” in their company. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the case. I was always taught to never take people at face value, you should try it. You can meet all kinds of wonderful people from all kinds of backgrounds and professions

over a year ago

Anyway I’m off to eat some toast...

over a year ago

and genuine

Omg yes, its the worst word, more trouble with this on profiles then anything lol "

Think I might just put it in my profile just to see if I attract a different type of fab clientele

over a year ago

"In my work.

What does it mean? That outside work you're not?staid "

Is that you?

over a year ago

it means they are immodest

over a year ago

"it means they are immodest "

Oooh you might just have offended some!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The irony in these "professional" threads always amuses me

over a year ago

It's really just a sense of entitlement.... No one's profession makes their need for discretion any more important than the next person.... We all want discretion for different reasons.... If you need to make yourself feel important by saying you professional or Educated then I think it's got more to do with your own Insecurity or need to feel important..... I'd take a decent human being over a professional or educated twat any day.... Your profession doesn't make you better, and neither does your financial status.... I've met people who have less from a financial point of view, but they still have more class than people who have a better financial standing in society

over a year ago

Well put, Mary

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/04/20 09:15:05]

over a year ago

"it means they are immodest

Oooh you might just have offended some! "

i have it on my profile

over a year ago

"It's really just a sense of entitlement.... No one's profession makes their need for discretion any more important than the next person.... We all want discretion for different reasons.... If you need to make yourself feel important by saying you professional or Educated then I think it's got more to do with your own Insecurity or need to feel important..... I'd take a decent human being over a professional or educated twat any day.... Your profession doesn't make you better, and neither does your financial status.... I've met people who have less from a financial point of view, but they still have more class than people who have a better financial standing in society "

Why get so upset? So you don’t like someone who doesn’t like you. It’s not a problem is it. Don’t meet them.

over a year ago

"it means they are immodest

Oooh you might just have offended some! i have it on my profile "

Oh yes you do.

over a year ago

"Some professional people might have an honest reason if they have a very high profile job but the majority of job it wouldnt really inflict on its a cop out when people put it. I dont understand why people hide they have an open sexlife society is so narrow minded and tunnel visioned its rather sad"

There many professions, jobs whatever you want to call it, where being seen on here by ‘clients’ or colleagues could have a huge repercussions.

over a year ago

And I am from a middle class background myself, before you assume I'm speaking from a place of not understanding, many of my middle class friends are at real risk of this.

There’s more to being middle class than your job. It’s how you conduct yourself in daily life. "

Yeah but you say that if a person can't afford to meet you at restaurant that you deem to be to your middle class standard, then they not for you.... Lots of people who live in middle class areas are Just about making it, so can't really afford regular lavish meals out, so you've made it about their affordability of life style, not how they carry themselves

over a year ago

"Why get so upset? So you don’t like someone who doesn’t like you. It’s not a problem is it. Don’t meet them. "

You seem quite defensive. Are you upset ?

over a year ago

Nah just baiting chavs.

I’m joking of coarse.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

I personally wouldn’t want my patients or there relatives to see me on here which is why I don’t have a full face picture. "

If I knew you'd I'd definitely recognise you from your half face profile pic!

over a year ago

"Nah just baiting chavs.

I’m joking of coarse. "

*Course

over a year ago

Thank you for correcting me. Maybe in return I can help you find a suit that fits

over a year ago

"It's really just a sense of entitlement.... No one's profession makes their need for discretion any more important than the next person.... We all want discretion for different reasons.... If you need to make yourself feel important by saying you professional or Educated then I think it's got more to do with your own Insecurity or need to feel important..... I'd take a decent human being over a professional or educated twat any day.... Your profession doesn't make you better, and neither does your financial status.... I've met people who have less from a financial point of view, but they still have more class than people who have a better financial standing in society

Why get so upset? So you don’t like someone who doesn’t like you. It’s not a problem is it. Don’t meet them. "

You're assuming I do meet them? I meet people Im attracted to, their class or financial standing is irrelevant, I'm not looking for a partner on fab so my requirements are very different here.

And I'm not upset at all I'm putting my opinion across just like every one else. Why would I upset myself over the opinion of a couple I'd not meet anyway?

over a year ago

"Thank you for correcting me. Maybe in return I can help you find a suit that fits "

You’re welcome. I probably couldn’t afford a suit that fits but thanks for the offer.

over a year ago

"The irony in these "professional" threads always amuses me "

Just waiting patiently for the personal attacks and name calling to start

over a year ago

"Thank you for correcting me. Maybe in return I can help you find a suit that fits

You’re welcome. I probably couldn’t afford a suit that fits but thanks for the offer."

Hahahaha.

over a year ago

"The irony in these "professional" threads always amuses me

Just waiting patiently for the personal attacks and name calling to start "

Well you did make a start by calling people that use it twats.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Me too. Which is why I find it difficult to understand why people have such a problem with professionals if job status is irrelevant to them. "

A lot of this conversation is in code. "Professional" tends to mean someone who considers themselves more intelligent, educated, cultured or whatever than the average person on here. Obviously that goes with the implication that other people are not intelligent, educated, cultured etc. Such people quite naturally resent that implication.

It's the great British disease of class. People quite naturally prefer to spend time with people with whom they have something in common, but it seems that in this country that can't go without resentment. Thus the "professionals" resent the "chavs" and the "down to earth" people resent those who are "stuck up".

I don't know of a solution

over a year ago

"The irony in these "professional" threads always amuses me

Just waiting patiently for the personal attacks and name calling to start

Well you did make a start by calling people that use it twats. "

I didn't say you did lol

I responded to the forum moderator making a joke.... Why you taking it so personally

over a year ago

I'm stepping out before I get a forum block cause this is just turning into a little shit show of I can have my opinion, but you can't .... Pmsl

You have no idea what my background is... I actually come from a much more affluent area than you do, I just choose to not let it get to my head... I prefer the clean air in Northumberland anyway, that smog down south played havoc with my asthma

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Are all the chavs at each other again ???

over a year ago

"I'm stepping out before I get a forum block cause this is just turning into a little shit show of I can have my opinion, but you can't .... Pmsl

You have no idea what my background is... I actually come from a much more affluent area than you do, I just choose to not let it get to my head... I prefer the clean air in Northumberland anyway, that smog down south played havoc with my asthma "

Are you a bit peeved by the change in your status?

over a year ago

"I'm stepping out before I get a forum block cause this is just turning into a little shit show of I can have my opinion, but you can't .... Pmsl

You have no idea what my background is... I actually come from a much more affluent area than you do, I just choose to not let it get to my head... I prefer the clean air in Northumberland anyway, that smog down south played havoc with my asthma "

Hahahaha. Now who’s taking it seriously. And as for not being able to have your view. Do you not see the irony that you are guilty for not letting people have their view. You just don’t want to accept that someone has a different opinion to yourself. Stay safe. Asthma is a risk.

No smog her in the countryside.

over a year ago

"Are all the chavs at each other again ???"

It appears you are not allowed to do well for yourself and provide for your family. And to seek people with a similar ethic to yourself.

over a year ago

You have no idea what my background is... I actually come from a much more affluent area than you do, I just choose to not let it get to my head... I prefer the clean air in Northumberland anyway, that smog down south played havoc with my asthma

Are you a bit peeved by the change in your status?"

Who said my status changed?

over a year ago

Hahahaha. Now who’s taking it seriously. And as for not being able to have your view. Do you not see the irony that you are guilty for not letting people have their view. You just don’t want to accept that someone has a different opinion to yourself. Stay safe. Asthma is a risk.

No smog her in the countryside. "

Nope, I just prefer to not get a forum ban

over a year ago

No smog her in the countryside.

Nope, I just prefer to not get a forum ban "

Just be civil and be willing to debate. And that some people will think differently to yourself.

over a year ago

Who said my status changed? "

You did further up the thread

over a year ago

Who said my status changed?

You did further up the thread "

Ah you mean my wifey status changing lol.... Oh I'm definitely not peeved about that.... Much prefer the single mum status over the wife of a dick head status

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

To me class is not so much about money these days, it's more about background and upbringing, beliefs and principles. Etiquette also plays a big part in it. And I believe a lot of people that put professional on their profile are looking for people with a similar outlook on those types of things. It is their preference to use that as a criteria to select people to meet, the same as it is with any other particular attributes or traits that people use for selection, and they should not be vilified for that - simply see it as something that makes you incompatible and move on, the same as you would if it was a physical characteristic that you don't fit.

over a year ago

I never knew getting a good education and having a good job would put people off from meeting someone.....

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I never knew getting a good education and having a good job would put people off from meeting someone.....

"

I never knew that being non-judgemental would make people think you somehow come across as a try-hard but hey ho we are all different I guess

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

I’d say the gas fitter that’s just fitted my new combi is a professional and he doesn’t wear a suit or have red braces (Gordon ghecko)

over a year ago

"I never knew getting a good education and having a good job would put people off from meeting someone.....

I never knew that being non-judgemental would make people think you somehow come across as a try-hard but hey ho we are all different I guess "

Ohhh no way my friend.....

If you read the forums for a long time , you will notice only women voice their preference and standards about the men they choose to meet..

The men who post frequently seem to all be non judgmental saints ... In a bbw thread , they love bbw’s... in a slim woman thread , they love slim women... They also never stand anyone up , and they will diagnose anyone that has stood someone up as “ Mad “...

So I asked this question to you because I really wanted to see if you were a forum Saint...

I must be the only man on the forums who would say .. I wouldn’t sleep with people from or go to certain neighborhoods...no matter how attractive they are... Does that make me judgemental or honest?

My mother always told me “ You can’t be perfect, you can only be yourself “

Sorry if I caused any offense, thank you for the great job you’re doing.....please stay safe

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

Reverse snobbery always makes me laugh.

"

over a year ago

Reverse snobbery always makes me laugh.

"

Please enlighten me.....

How is being a professional reverse snobbery?

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I never knew that being non-judgemental would make people think you somehow come across as a try-hard but hey ho we are all different I guess

Ohhh no way my friend.....

If you read the forums for a long time , you will notice only women voice their preference and standards about the men they choose to meet..

The men who post frequently seem to all be non judgmental saints ... In a bbw thread , they love bbw’s... in a slim woman thread , they love slim women... They also never stand anyone up , and they will diagnose anyone that has stood someone up as “ Mad “...

So I asked this question to you because I really wanted to see if you were a forum Saint...

I must be the only man on the forums who would say .. I wouldn’t sleep with people from or go to certain neighborhoods...no matter how attractive they are... Does that make me judgemental or honest?

My mother always told me “ You can’t be perfect, you can only be yourself “

Sorry if I caused any offense, thank you for the great job you’re doing.....please stay safe

"

On my profile I state what/who attracts me. It’s not always about looks it’s about connections. It’s also not about genders. Yes like everyone I can rule people out for strange reasons and some maybe not that explainable. I like what I like and that’s never following a type if that makes sense.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's just a way of separating the seeds from the husks..

the wheat from the chaff..

And the chavs from the rest..

Post new Message to Thread