Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ironing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I posted some photos of me on here the other day in an unironed Simpsons t-shirt.

It got me wondering, is this something that puts people off looking at a profile? Am I causing my profile to be looked over because of a poor clothing choice?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Couldn't give a toss buddy

over a year ago

"Couldn't give a toss buddy"

Then why even leave a reply? could have just ignored it

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

T-shirt like that doesn't bother me as it's already a casual look.

But I do love a pic of a guy in a pressed white shirt so if it was an either or situation between 2 guys probably would not work in your favour.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Would you iron it for a meet?

over a year ago

"T-shirt like that doesn't bother me as it's already a casual look.

But I do love a pic of a guy in a pressed white shirt so if it was an either or situation between 2 guys probably would not work in your favour. "

That's good to know, at least it looks casual!

But of course, i was thinking in a toss up, i'd come up the loser, thank you.

over a year ago

"Would you iron it for a meet?"

I would, yes

By *eavertrackerMan
over a year ago

bridgwater

Its all about how you introduce yourself in a message, women never message me, and so its all about that subtle and yet friendly approach

over a year ago

"Its all about how you introduce yourself in a message, women never message me, and so its all about that subtle and yet friendly approach "

So you're saying it's about messaging, and not what i'm wearing?

over a year ago

"Would you iron it for a meet?

I would, yes"

Then I think it’s okay, pal.

over a year ago

I'd so it was the fact a grown man in a Simpsons t shirt

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Couldn't give a toss buddy

Then why even leave a reply? could have just ignored it"

Because he burned a big hole in his Simpson's T-shirt the last time that he tried to iron it, probably a sore point

over a year ago

I would, yes

Then I think it’s okay, pal. "

Sounds good. Wasn't sure if it was a visual thing for here though

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

"Its all about how you introduce yourself in a message, women never message me, and so its all about that subtle and yet friendly approach

So you're saying it's about messaging, and not what i'm wearing?"

For me message is more important of the two. But again it adds an extra boost to attraction if pics are good too. I think i sum it up on my own profile text, but that's just my personal preference

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I meant if clothes are ironed or not. It's so low on my list of priorities when dealing with people.

over a year ago

You've posted a question in an open forum where all m_mbers of the site are entitled to post comments. You may not like some of the replies your thread generates, or even think that they are particularly helpful, but this essentially boils down to freedom of speech.

To be fair, whilst you might not think that response was particularly helpful, I would suggest the opposite.

You have asked if a non-ironed T-shirt would put people off. Clearly this user wouldn't be, and so has, in fact, answered your question

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Subconsciously it possibly would put me off.

If your message was good and I liked your profile I might overlook it or not notice but I think if someone is "selling" themself but can't be bothered to make an effort then it would put me off.

Unless you referred to it in your profile in a joking way maybe.

By *eavertrackerMan
over a year ago

bridgwater

You have to rem_mber the ratio's of men to women on here also,...which is around 30:1, so that means if there's 100 women there's going to be 3000 guys, you have to really stand out against those guys....always consider this

over a year ago

I would, yes

Sounds good. Wasn't sure if it was a visual thing for here though"

I think if I met someone and they hadn’t ironed their clothes then I’d probably be a bit disappointed but ultimately if they’re a lovely person, what does it matter anyway. They’re probably a level of care free I should aspire to be.

over a year ago

"Subconsciously it possibly would put me off.

If your message was good and I liked your profile I might overlook it or not notice but I think if someone is "selling" themself but can't be bothered to make an effort then it would put me off.

Unless you referred to it in your profile in a joking way maybe."

Ah I see, so a good message to someone could help make it better, but overall it's best to have a clean and crisp look to grab attention?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"You have to rem_mber the ratio's of men to women on here also,...which is around 30:1, so that means if there's 100 women there's going to be 3000 guys, you have to really stand out against those guys....always consider this "

Do all the women on here do ironing though?

over a year ago

I would, yes

Sounds good. Wasn't sure if it was a visual thing for here though

I think if I met someone and they hadn’t ironed their clothes then I’d probably be a bit disappointed but ultimately if they’re a lovely person, what does it matter anyway. They’re probably a level of care free I should aspire to be. "

That's a good point! It is a fun level of care free lol

over a year ago

"Its all about how you introduce yourself in a message, women never message me, and so its all about that subtle and yet friendly approach

So you're saying it's about messaging, and not what i'm wearing?

For me message is more important of the two. But again it adds an extra boost to attraction if pics are good too. I think i sum it up on my own profile text, but that's just my personal preference "

That's a goodway to be about it really. But of course, the same with anything i guess really. of course, i appreciate your opinion though

over a year ago

"You have to rem_mber the ratio's of men to women on here also,...which is around 30:1, so that means if there's 100 women there's going to be 3000 guys, you have to really stand out against those guys....always consider this "

That is a fair point...... and an unironed shirt won't stick out as attention grabbing!

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I'd just think you couldn't be bothered, don't care about your appearance enough.

It would out me off

over a year ago

"I'd just think you couldn't be bothered, don't care about your appearance enough.

It would out me off "

That's exactly what i've ben thinking myself.

I can see why you'd be put off. I think effort is definitely needed.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You got it in one. A quick press with the iron and you will be knee deep in clunge all year..... x

over a year ago

"You got it in one. A quick press with the iron and you will be knee deep in clunge all year..... x"

Really? I'll definitely make sure i iron then! hehe x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"So I posted some photos of me on here the other day in an unironed Simpsons t-shirt.

It got me wondering, is this something that puts people off looking at a profile? Am I causing my profile to be looked over because of a poor clothing choice? "

It would put me off as I like a man to make an effort. If he didn't present himself well on his profile, the first opportunity to make a good impression then I'd assume he was a slob.

over a year ago

"So I posted some photos of me on here the other day in an unironed Simpsons t-shirt.

It got me wondering, is this something that puts people off looking at a profile? Am I causing my profile to be looked over because of a poor clothing choice?

It would put me off as I like a man to make an effort. If he didn't present himself well on his profile, the first opportunity to make a good impression then I'd assume he was a slob. "

I see how it would do. It does come off as incredibly slobbish really, thank you

over a year ago

An unironed casual t shirt wouldn't put me off. I like casual clothes. I'm unlikely to be interested in a guy in a suit or formal shirt.

over a year ago

"An unironed casual t shirt wouldn't put me off. I like casual clothes. I'm unlikely to be interested in a guy in a suit or formal shirt."

Oh really? That's a different take on the other comments, nice to know that some women prefer casual clothing on men to suits etc.....

over a year ago

"An unironed casual t shirt wouldn't put me off. I like casual clothes. I'm unlikely to be interested in a guy in a suit or formal shirt.

Oh really? That's a different take on the other comments, nice to know that some women prefer casual clothing on men to suits etc....."

I relate suits on guys as work wear or wedding clothes. I far prefer casual clothes. We all like different things but i dont like to follow the norms so if a guy is clean and he's wearing clean casual clothes then im happy

over a year ago

A good profile and dress sense does help but getting your personality across is the main thing, prove that if you get a social and good verifications will do you wonders!

over a year ago

"An unironed casual t shirt wouldn't put me off. I like casual clothes. I'm unlikely to be interested in a guy in a suit or formal shirt.

Oh really? That's a different take on the other comments, nice to know that some women prefer casual clothing on men to suits etc.....

I relate suits on guys as work wear or wedding clothes. I far prefer casual clothes. We all like different things but i dont like to follow the norms so if a guy is clean and he's wearing clean casual clothes then im happy "

Ah I get you. I'm glad you don't follow the norms and like clean guys in casual clothes, means we don't always have to be suited and booted!

over a year ago

"A good profile and dress sense does help but getting your personality across is the main thing, prove that if you get a social and good verifications will do you wonders! "

Oh that's very true! And nice to know it's not just about appearances!

over a year ago

I relate suits on guys as work wear or wedding clothes. I far prefer casual clothes. We all like different things but i dont like to follow the norms so if a guy is clean and he's wearing clean casual clothes then im happy

Ah I get you. I'm glad you don't follow the norms and like clean guys in casual clothes, means we don't always have to be suited and booted! "

over a year ago

Personally I would iron the shirt if I knew I was displaying myself but who am I to judge when I flash my bits Love the Simpsons by the way

over a year ago

"Personally I would iron the shirt if I knew I was displaying myself but who am I to judge when I flash my bits Love the Simpsons by the way "

Well yes, I guess ironing it would be best to display myself to the world, or country at least! But then yes, your bits are being seen by all but I'm glad you do! Something fun about it

Post new Message to Thread