Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Poached Eggs...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...done in the Microwave...how the hell do you stop them exploding all over the chuffin place? Ive pricked the yolk ive not pricked the yolk, and still, BOOM, even though they are in a special container and with a plate cover over...it frikkin still gets out like some enemy alien slime!!! I would really like to know by morning please so i have have unexploded poached egg on toast for my brekky! Ta muchly!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Get ur saucepan out........... better yet, invite me over and I'll cook em for you

over a year ago

"Get ur saucepan out"

This. They're a doddle. Much easier anyway than cleaning out your microwave every time...

over a year ago

I dont like them done in the water...the white goes all phantom-like in the water and looks like a scene from poltergeist...i like em neat like my mother used to make, only i dont have a pan like my mother used to have booooo!

over a year ago

"Get ur saucepan out........... better yet, invite me over and I'll cook em for you"

Come on then...get your sauce(pan) out

By *RS79Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Use a pan put about 23 inches of water in it add a pinch of salt and a splash of white wine viniger

Allow to boil

Break egg into a container or bowl that will fit in the pan introduce the small container to the water allowing the egg to flow out and simmer for a few mins

Yum yum

By *RS79Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

That should say 2 - 3 inches not 23 - bloody touch screen & fat fingers LOL

over a year ago

how do you like your eggs in the morning? Poached or fertilised?

over a year ago

"I dont like them done in the water...the white goes all phantom-like in the water and looks like a scene from poltergeist...i like em neat like my mother used to make, only i dont have a pan like my mother used to have booooo!"

If they aren't done in water then, if you were being pedantic, they aren't really poached. They're just 'cooked'

over a year ago

You don't need a pan like your mother used to have. You need a pan with some water in it, brought up to just below boiling point - so the water is "shivering". Then take a knife and stir the water vigorously, and crack the egg gently into the pan while the water is still swirling around. Do not let the water boil! Remove the egg with a slotted spoon when it's done, and you will have the neat egg that you crave. Promise!

over a year ago

"That should say 2 - 3 inches not 23 - bloody touch screen & fat fingers LOL"

sausage fingers to go with the egg lol!

over a year ago

"You don't need a pan like your mother used to have. You need a pan with some water in it, brought up to just below boiling point - so the water is "shivering". Then take a knife and stir the water vigorously, and crack the egg gently into the pan while the water is still swirling around. Do not let the water boil! Remove the egg with a slotted spoon when it's done, and you will have the neat egg that you crave. Promise!"

I think you need to come and show me lol!

By *RS79Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Indeed - but they do have other uses

over a year ago

Boil them,but if you,re running a four minute mile remember to turn around half way,otherwise they,ll be too hard

By *RS79Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

The problem with that method is that if it goes wrong you get a vast comet tail of egg white & have to start all over again

over a year ago

adding an egg into the centre of a shallow filled, spinned pan of water, little salt and more vinegar than you think will give you a good poached egg. if you want a round one... dropped from a cup into reverse of a larger pan will give you a teardrop shape! want to get pro then drop into iced water and trim with scissors.. if it's presentation you want!! but best tip is to use the freshest eggs you can... the albumen holds together and coagulates much much better.

my work here is done.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

if you really want to do em in nuke put in cling film tie a knot at top and prick a few holes at top 1 min stand for 30 secs

over a year ago

ooooooooooooor

if you have any rumikins (those little glass pots) you can cook them in those. That's what I would be bringing to Pontefract anyway............ got any cakes to swap?

over a year ago

I poach mine in my mini frying pan.....well tis a spanish omelette pan to be precise.....i boil kettle ,pop in a small.amount of water n crack the egg....no salt(yuk) or vinegar ....just water and not loads....dont get no.poltergist water it merely poaches em quick n easy and never fails.

over a year ago

Poached Egg party at mine this weekend then...perhaps we could all have sex while we are waiting for them to cook

ps: went for a continental breakfast of smelly cheese and crusty bread instead hehe

over a year ago

"ooooooooooooor

if you have any rumikins (those little glass pots) you can cook them in those. That's what I would be bringing to Pontefract anyway............ got any cakes to swap?

"

all you can eat sir

over a year ago

I used to heat the non-stick frying pan without the water, put the egg in for a few seconds just for it stay together, then gently pour in kettle water to just cover the egg.

over a year ago

The Pound Shop sells silicone things that you can put your eggs into then place in a pan of boiling water. No mess and easy to use

By *ady n the trampCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"That should say 2 - 3 inches not 23 - bloody touch screen & fat fingers LOL"
was gonna say you would need a bloody big pan for nearly 2ft of water in it lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

So easy when done in a saucepan of boiling water.....far less hastle than done in a microwave

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

I do them in a frying pan with about half an inch of water. Thick toast with mushrooms and a poached egg, classic.

over a year ago

Um.. why hasn't anyone mentioned getting a proper poaching pan with the four little cups that come with it. All ya gotta do is grease the cup with butter, crack the egg in it and put it in the holding tray that comes with the pan and stick it on the poaching pan for 3 minutes.

over a year ago

"Um.. why hasn't anyone mentioned getting a proper poaching pan "

Way too easy

over a year ago

"You don't need a pan like your mother used to have. You need a pan with some water in it, brought up to just below boiling point - so the water is "shivering". Then take a knife and stir the water vigorously, and crack the egg gently into the pan while the water is still swirling around. Do not let the water boil! Remove the egg with a slotted spoon when it's done, and you will have the neat egg that you crave. Promise!"

over a year ago

"Poached Egg party at mine this weekend then...perhaps we could all have sex while we are waiting for them to cook

"

Hmmm in that case I prefer hard boiled ostrich eggs 40 minutes is 10 times better than 4 when it comes to sex

over a year ago

tepid water,create a whirpool then slowly release the egg,when it is to your liking ,scoop out using a holed ladle so the water does not make your toast soggy.enjoy.x

over a year ago

Make them the heston way. A quick google search will show you how!

By *ursevampsWoman
over a year ago

bucks

best way is to cook them in the microwave in a mug put tiny bit butter stop sticking break egg in mug and add a little pepper to taste and cover with cling film

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

im sure you can buy a pan just for them

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

"how do you like your eggs in the morning? Poached or fertilised? "
didn't jerremy thorpe say that.