Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Isolation advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

work in a care home and one of my colleagues lives with her sister who has been in contact with covid 19 patients I found out yestersay I told my boss I was going into isolation becouse I live with vulnerable

Adults I produced an isolation note after my gp advice I got a phone call today off her to say she won't accept it becouse I don't have covid or live with someone with covid. I can't stay off work for finance reason So I said I would go back to work on Monday she told me she had filled my position whoat should I do xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Filled your position as in you no longer have a job?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Are you on a zero hour contract?

over a year ago

what does your contract say.

are you a zero hours worker?

over a year ago

Ask for advice on a swingers website.

They’re bound to be genius with employment law and government covid 19 guidelines.

That’ll sort it out

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Are you in a union?. How long have you worked there for?. Seems very quick for your position to be filled as disclosures and references would need to be checked after an interview

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"work in a care home and one of my colleagues lives with her sister who has been in contact with covid 19 patients I found out yestersay I told my boss I was going into isolation becouse I live with vulnerable

Adults I produced an isolation note after my gp advice I got a phone call today off her to say she won't accept it becouse I don't have covid or live with someone with covid. I can't stay off work for finance reason So I said I would go back to work on Monday she told me she had filled my position whoat should I do xx

"

Jesus what a callous bastard ... if u ain’t got a job on Monday, I’d go to the local press.. for starters .... what was her position to the rest of the staff and also the old folks in her care ... if who yr living with as a letter for the extremely vulnerable then she should of been more sympathetic.. but by the sounds of it, she’s only in the care business for profit ..

over a year ago

Its closed for the weekend but you can try calling ACAS helpline on Monday? They offer employment advice. Check their site for number.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 20:29:26]

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yes seek advice. Sounds to me as if she has given the job to someone she knows without following correct procedures when working with vulrable people.

over a year ago

I hope not when I told my boss I was going on isolation she said she will welcome me back when I am ready today when I we spoke she said had filled my position for the week

over a year ago

"I hope not when I told my boss I was going on isolation she said she will welcome me back when I am ready today when I we spoke she said had filled my position for the week "

That to me reads like she has covered you for the week which she has to do to remain compliant with all current guidelines. Are you sure she doesn’t just mean she has filled position for the week due to you needing to isolate?

over a year ago

shes covered your position then while your away

over a year ago

Are you in a union?. How long have you worked there for?. Seems very quick for your position to be filled as disclosures and references would need to be checked after an interview

I have worked there for 8 years I am with unison I think she may have got another member of staff to fill my position.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Ask for advice on a swingers website.

They’re bound to be genius with employment law and government covid 19 guidelines.

That’ll sort it out "

At least this is a place where you are able to get things off your chest. There are some lovely people on here, amongst the eejits, hopefully you'll get yourself sorted out soon OP

over a year ago

Thank you so much for everyone's advise it hard time at the moment for everybody xx just needed advice just worried xx

Post new Message to Thread