over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

If your fasting

X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

thank you very much. Not fasting at moment hence on here.

If I or anyone was fasting we'd be gone for a month. Lol

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"thank you very much. Not fasting at moment hence on here.

If I or anyone was fasting we'd be gone for a month. Lol"

I'm fasting

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If your fasting

X"

I fast everyday. Between dinner and breakfast! I break my fast at breakfast!

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting"

Lol and you on here...erm OK.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"If your fasting

X

I fast everyday. Between dinner and breakfast! I break my fast at breakfast! "

Wow every single day how do you manage haha

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I'm fasting

Lol and you on here...erm OK."

Yeah on here just chatting what's your point?

over a year ago

"If your fasting

X

Wow every single day how do you manage haha"

It takes years of practice. Started that when I was one!

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting

Yeah on here just chatting what's your point?"

My point ended when I said OK. I didn't expect you to get it obviously haha

over a year ago

"If your fasting

X"

Hi Yasmin!

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I'm fasting

My point ended when I said OK. I didn't expect you to get it obviously haha"

oh I got it

Love your just tedious

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"If your fasting

X

Wow every single day how do you manage haha

It takes years of practice. Started that when I was one! "

At one? So young seriously dude I'm impressed. We need more like you to teach the new generation how it was done when kelloggs ruled the world haha

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting

My point ended when I said OK. I didn't expect you to get it obviously haha oh I got it

Love your just tedious "

Clearly you didn't and now here comes the labelling haha take a chill pill its your life your fast.

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I'm fasting

My point ended when I said OK. I didn't expect you to get it obviously haha oh I got it

Love your just tedious

Clearly you didn't and now here comes the labelling haha take a chill pill its your life your fast."

Repetitive

over a year ago

I'm fasting

When does everybody else's fast begin?

over a year ago

Happy Ramadan !

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting

When does everybody else's fast begin? "

Is that to me? Not entirely sure what you mean sorry.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Happy Ramadan ! "

Thanks buddy!

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Happy Ramadan ! "

Thank you x

over a year ago

Happy Ramadan, have fun and stay safe.

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Happy Ramadan OP

Stay safe in this warm weather and enjoy.

xxx

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

Happy Ramadan yas stay safe and healthy

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

I have always admired the self discipline of Ramadan. When I was a student, one of my house mates practised fasting and to help him we would not cook and eat durring daylight hours in the house. So we would go to other students digs and eat there. Most faiths have or have some form of fasting, but overtime we don't follow the tradition anymore.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Am I correct in noting its it's quite an early one

Thus better hours

Especially if its warm

Please make sure you drink well before sunrise and after sunset

I do love the other rules perhaps they should be fab rules

Imo fasting is good

Not hydrating bad

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I have always admired the self discipline of Ramadan. When I was a student, one of my house mates practised fasting and to help him we would not cook and eat durring daylight hours in the house. So we would go to other students digs and eat there. Most faiths have or have some form of fasting, but overtime we don't follow the tradition anymore. "

Thats admirable of you and respect for how you accommodated that housemate.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I have always admired the self discipline of Ramadan. When I was a student, one of my house mates practised fasting and to help him we would not cook and eat durring daylight hours in the house. So we would go to other students digs and eat there. Most faiths have or have some form of fasting, but overtime we don't follow the tradition anymore. "

A philosophy I understand is taoism

Dates about 3 thousand years predating Buddhism Hinduism judahism christianity and Islam

My reading leads me to think fasting rituals came from there also the kindness introduced to Judaism has taoist flavours

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

"I have always admired the self discipline of Ramadan. When I was a student, one of my house mates practised fasting and to help him we would not cook and eat durring daylight hours in the house. So we would go to other students digs and eat there. Most faiths have or have some form of fasting, but overtime we don't follow the tradition anymore.

Thats admirable of you and respect for how you accommodated that housemate."

I felt privileged to share a house with 3 other housemates from different cultures. It contributed to my own outlook on life and willing to be open to new experiences and to respect other people's views and traditions. It was also a two way street, he would also humour us at Christmas and join in with our festivities.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I have always admired the self discipline of Ramadan. When I was a student, one of my house mates practised fasting and to help him we would not cook and eat durring daylight hours in the house. So we would go to other students digs and eat there. Most faiths have or have some form of fasting, but overtime we don't follow the tradition anymore.

I felt privileged to share a house with 3 other housemates from different cultures. It contributed to my own outlook on life and willing to be open to new experiences and to respect other people's views and traditions. It was also a two way street, he would also humour us at Christmas and join in with our festivities. "

Taoism doesn't predate Hinduism.

Abrahams faiths came from a different part of the globe and before taoism as well.

Islam itself claims to be the oldest way of life or religion in the world.

But its far too early to get this scholastic on such a site so I'll end it here haha

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I felt privileged to share a house with 3 other housemates from different cultures. It contributed to my own outlook on life and willing to be open to new experiences and to respect other people's views and traditions. It was also a two way street, he would also humour us at Christmas and join in with our festivities.

Abrahams faiths came from a different part of the globe and before taoism as well.

But its far too early to get this scholastic on such a site so I'll end it here haha "

Taoism comes from China

It's not abrahamic it does predate and is the for father of Hinduism and buddhism

It's also a predecessor of tantra and the karma sutra

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

But its far too early to get this scholastic on such a site so I'll end it here haha "

Islam is very much based upon an old middle eastern way Judaism

Taoism is older but far more eastern

There are of course many religions God myths that predate the abrahamic ones

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

But its far too early to get this scholastic on such a site so I'll end it here haha

Taoism comes from China

It's not abrahamic it does predate and is the for father of Hinduism and buddhism

It's also a predecessor of tantra and the karma sutra "

Yes Taoism does come from China.

Yes it is not Abrahamic.

I did a quick Google...

However, according to some, Taoism formed into a religious system within the lands of China sometime around the 4th or 3rd century BCE. Being the first to receive the inspiration of the Tao, some site Lao-tzu as the firstTaoist philosopher and the author of the Taoist texts known as the Tao-te Ching.

First, scholars now agree that the term Chaldeans is almost assuredly an anachronism, as it refers to a Semitic people who didn't show up in Ur until the 7thcentury B.C Abraham, by contrast, would have lived 1,300 years earlier, closer to 2,000 B.C

Most scholars believe Hinduism startedsomewhere between 2300 B.C. and 1500 B.C. in the Indus Valley, near modern-day Pakistan.

So you're right it seems to predate these.

By *adyA01Woman
over a year ago

Wellington

I've been fasting from sex since lockdown began....

Can we not make it an annual thing please... I couldn't cope with this on a regular basis

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Islam is very much based upon an old middle eastern way Judaism

Taoism is older but far more eastern

There are of course many religions God myths that predate the abrahamic ones

"

Islam is based upon judiasm hmm they come from the same source as does Christianity so thats true in one way sure.

Yes true many god myths out there.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 08:41:48]

over a year ago

I fasted for lent, 19 hours a day, 40 days. Was extremely tough but enlightening.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I fasted for lent, 19 hours a day, 40 days. Was extremely tough but enlightening. "

Sounds tough indeed. Congratulations on managing it.

When I was a child lent seemed to be more adhered to as I rem_mber kids in school fasting etc

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Taoism comes from China

It's also a predecessor of tantra and the karma sutra

Yes Taoism does come from China.

Yes it is not Abrahamic.

I did a quick Google...

However, according to some, Taoism formed into a religious system within the lands of China sometime around the 4th or 3rd century BCE. Being the first to receive the inspiration of the Tao, some site Lao-tzu as the firstTaoist philosopher and the author of the Taoist texts known as the Tao-te Ching.

First, scholars now agree that the term Chaldeans is almost assuredly an anachronism, as it refers to a Semitic people who didn't show up in Ur until the 7thcentury B.C Abraham, by contrast, would have lived 1,300 years earlier, closer to 2,000 B.C

Most scholars believe Hinduism startedsomewhere between 2300 B.C. and 1500 B.C. in the Indus Valley, near modern-day Pakistan.

So you're right it seems to predate these."

Iv been understanding more than 25 years

Dates of course will always be unknown

I treat it as a philosophy

The zen concept "the way" it taoist

I understand it also had adopted a theism to its philosophy honestly I ignore the theism as I do within the Buddhist way. which let's note buddhism is not a religion however many Buddhists have a theism x

I practice fasts of various lengths throughout the year

Personally I never restrict water

I wish all those on their fast peace and strengh

over a year ago

I fasted for lent, 19 hours a day, 40 days. Was extremely tough but enlightening.

Sounds tough indeed. Congratulations on managing it.

When I was a child lent seemed to be more adhered to as I rem_mber kids in school fasting etc"

Thank you, man.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Happy Ramadan

I am in awe of those able to fast and support those unable to. It will be a particularly difficult one for you all this year.

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

I fasted for lent, 19 hours a day, 40 days. Was extremely tough but enlightening. "

That's impressive. I didn't think Christians fasted during Lent. We used to cut out certain foods when I was younger, eg eggs, sugar, etc etc. Well done to you. I am imagine the experience can be self reflecting and good for your well-being.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 08:52:03]

over a year ago

That's impressive. I didn't think Christians fasted during Lent. We used to cut out certain foods when I was younger, eg eggs, sugar, etc etc. Well done to you. I am imagine the experience can be self reflecting and good for your well-being. "

Most don’t really, they’ll give things up like you said. But I have been losing my faith of late so really wanted to test myself and try and rediscover it. Not sure it worked but it did make me far more appreciative. Most of the support and advice I got was from Muslims who were of course used to fasting.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

That's impressive. I didn't think Christians fasted during Lent. We used to cut out certain foods when I was younger, eg eggs, sugar, etc etc. Well done to you. I am imagine the experience can be self reflecting and good for your well-being.

Most don’t really, they’ll give things up like you said. But I have been losing my faith of late so really wanted to test myself and try and rediscover it. Not sure it worked but it did make me far more appreciative. Most of the support and advice I got was from Muslims who were of course used to fasting. "

I'm glad and ofcourse proud to hear that.

Fasting is good for body mind and soul.

over a year ago

Most don’t really, they’ll give things up like you said. But I have been losing my faith of late so really wanted to test myself and try and rediscover it. Not sure it worked but it did make me far more appreciative. Most of the support and advice I got was from Muslims who were of course used to fasting.

I'm glad and ofcourse proud to hear that.

Fasting is good for body mind and soul."

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Wishing you a happy and peaceful Ramadan..

Stay safe, stay well, stay hydrated x

over a year ago

"Wishing you a happy and peaceful Ramadan..

Stay safe, stay well, stay hydrated x"

Those lips!

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Happy Ramadan OP

Stay safe in this warm weather and enjoy.

xxx"

X

over a year ago

Ramadan Mubarak x Im fasting too

over a year ago

I'm fasting

What a bellend you are mate

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Enjoy your celebrations guys, stay safe

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Enjoy your celebrations guys, stay safe "

No disrespect to the well wishers

However

To my understanding

Ramadan is NOT a or THE celebration

It's a time of reflection and self sacrifice

An honorable time to discover more about oneself and ones faith whilst keeping a kind and civil mind and tongue

It's not really a

Happy Ramadan

As some may say happy xmas or Easter

We would not say happy lent ?

Again let me take nothing away from the good intentions ment by happy Ramadan

But "happy" kind of detracts from its purpose

Eid however now there is a celebration and something to wish happiness and merriment

I maybe an atheist yet the philosophical side of Ramadan is something I advocate and is reflected in many humanist philosophies

Focus self control reflection on humanity and ones roll to pass on positivity and kindness

And a damn good celebration at the end

So those participants

Hold strong and may you find the inner peace and understanding you quest

over a year ago

I'm fasting

Is that to me? Not entirely sure what you mean sorry."

Well there's two conflicting times of starting on this thread lol...

Doesn't matter I found out today from my Daughter. All the best x

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting

What a bellend you are mate "

Lol teasing me won't help I'm straight but flattered mate

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting

Doesn't matter I found out today from my Daughter. All the best x"

I didnt realise there were 2 conflicting times on this thread as there's only ever 1 time to start.

All the best x

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Enjoy your celebrations guys, stay safe

However

To my understanding

An honorable time to discover more about oneself and ones faith whilst keeping a kind and civil mind and tongue

It's not really a

Happy Ramadan

Eid however now there is a celebration and something to wish happiness and merriment

I maybe an atheist yet the philosophical side of Ramadan is something I advocate and is reflected in many humanist philosophies

Focus self control reflection on humanity and ones roll to pass on positivity and kindness

So those participants

"

Well done. Your wisdom I hope becomes contagious.

over a year ago

I'm fasting

I didnt realise there were 2 conflicting times on this thread as there's only ever 1 time to start.

All the best x"

Transgirl already fasting you wrote wasn't at the moment....

No biggy just settling the confusement to how it was wrote by you two at the beginning. Is that clearer?

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm fasting

All the best x

Transgirl already fasting you wrote wasn't at the moment....

No biggy just settling the confusement to how it was wrote by you two at the beginning. Is that clearer? "

Ah yes. I'm not fasting due to personal reasons that's all however official it began yesterday for everyone

By *..FirstMan
over a year ago

london

You know that according to all the monotheistic faiths, we are all burning in hell...

I would not be in too much of a hurry to fast...

Or maybe we should set up Fabfasters where we can all have a biscuit and a cup of tea about two hours before sunset.

over a year ago

I'm fasting

Thinks it’s today x

over a year ago

"You know that according to all the monotheistic faiths, we are all burning in hell...

Or maybe we should set up Fabfasters where we can all have a biscuit and a cup of tea about two hours before sunset."

See you in hell mate

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"You know that according to all the monotheistic faiths, we are all burning in hell...

Or maybe we should set up Fabfasters where we can all have a biscuit and a cup of tea about two hours before sunset."

I'm atheist

I fast

I also meditate

I will however say

However the text is interpreted I would never practice or advocate not drinking at least water

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

However

To my understanding

It's not really a

Happy Ramadan

So those participants

"

That’s fine but a lovely gentleman I used to work with enjoyed the time enormously, he enjoyed the praying and the fasting, it enforced his faith which he was very proud of, and most certainly enjoyed the find after it had ended when all the family had a huge meal together and he could give me a hug n kiss again

over a year ago

I'm fasting

Today

over a year ago

"Happy Ramadan, have fun and stay safe."

Awww , why thank you

over a year ago

However

To my understanding

It's not really a

Happy Ramadan

So those participants

That’s fine but a lovely gentleman I used to work with enjoyed the time enormously, he enjoyed the praying and the fasting, it enforced his faith which he was very proud of, and most certainly enjoyed the find after it had ended when all the family had a huge meal together and he could give me a hug n kiss again "

Your right !

By *k82Man
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"If your fasting

X"

Appreciate it, just opened the fast, went quite well.

Hope yours was okay also

By *k82Man
over a year ago

Walthamstow

I'm fasting

Some started Friday, some are starting on Saturday.

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

By *aughty Nas xxxMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/04/20 04:59:24]

By *artinbobMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Happy Ramadan all

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Happy Ramadan all "

Cheers Mate

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

After reading up I'm not sure I should say happy Ramadan. So If you are fasting I hope it's going well x

By *zn marriedMan
over a year ago

GLASGOW

"After reading up I'm not sure I should say happy Ramadan. So If you are fasting I hope it's going well x"

Thanks x

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Happy Ramadan all "

Post new Message to Thread