By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 06:50:02]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

In my 6 years here ive seen a change perhaps a growth in the increase of sensitive indivduals onto this site.

Sensitive to comments in the forums and on their profiles too.

Is this the future of fab?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"In my 6 years here ive seen a change perhaps a growth in the increase of sensitive indivduals onto this site.

Is this the future of fab?"

No, this is the present. The future will come at a later date.

Cal

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"In my 6 years here ive seen a change perhaps a growth in the increase of sensitive indivduals onto this site.

Cal"

If we expand on that then the future never truly arrives... as the open line of famous bugsey Malone number goes...

"Tomorrow never comes..."

Sam

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's society in general, more offended about everything.

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"It's society in general, more offended about everything. "

I guess thats true too actually but many here especially and I wonder if its telling of something.

Sad people are losing their esteem I guess.

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

Or it could be that society is less tolerant of people's extreme views, especially if they are bigoted, sexist or based on false information.

By *h86Man
over a year ago

Glos

"It's society in general, more offended about everything.

Or it could be that society is less tolerant of people's extreme views, especially if they are bigoted, sexist or based on false information. "

Hammer, nail, head

Also I think there's just a general air of fuckery about at the moment as people are stuck inside and bored, so will play devil's advocate just to watch the fireworks

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Is sensitivity a bad thing then?

over a year ago

More offended or more aware?

It’s not sad you can’t be offensive anymore.

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Or it could be that society is less tolerant of people's extreme views, especially if they are bigoted, sexist or based on false information. "

I dont agree. I don't believe society has ever accepted such views in general though racism and sexism was rife in the past.

I do mean sensitive in simple terms that I'm finding many are behaving sensitively which equates to defensively.

Is that a mental health issue a self esteem issue a societal issues or the new norm due to less reading or education and more games perhaps. Im unsure and just speaking ney typing out loud lol

By *lossyLegsGlassesCouple
over a year ago

stafford

Or it could be that society is less tolerant of people's extreme views, especially if they are bigoted, sexist or based on false information.

Hammer, nail, head

Also I think there's just a general air of fuckery about at the moment as people are stuck inside and bored, so will play devil's advocate just to watch the fireworks"

Yes have agree there, it's the soaring isolation horniness combined with ever growing snowflake society people seem to think they can say anything to anyone on here and it's ok....but if you say something back they are 'super offended' hehehe xxx

By *esireXposedMan
over a year ago

East sussex

I guess thats true too actually but many here especially and I wonder if its telling of something.

Sad people are losing their esteem I guess. "

I don't see how not putting up with other people's crap is losing their self esteem, it would be the opposite surely?

over a year ago

I dont agree. I don't believe society has ever accepted such views in general though racism and sexism was rife in the past.

I do mean sensitive in simple terms that I'm finding many are behaving sensitively which equates to defensively.

Is that a mental health issue a self esteem issue a societal issues or the new norm due to less reading or education and more games perhaps. Im unsure and just speaking ney typing out loud lol"

More reading, more education, more awareness.

over a year ago

Cal"

Cal

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"Is sensitivity a bad thing then? "

Anything on the fringes, extreme or out of balance usually is.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is sensitivity a bad thing then?

Anything on the fringes, extreme or out of balance usually is."

Do you consider sensitivity to fall into that category?

over a year ago

It’s not sad you can’t be offensive anymore. "

I have a thick skin so not much bothers me. But, just because people get offended it doesn't mean they're right. Just saying

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have a thick skin so not much bothers me. But, just because people get offended it doesn't mean they're right. Just saying "

Yep. And just because people disagree doesn't mean they're sensitive

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I find that people are very quick to brand someone sensitive for expressing a different opinion to them

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"Is sensitivity a bad thing then?

Anything on the fringes, extreme or out of balance usually is.

Do you consider sensitivity to fall into that category?

"

Depends on the context. In context of this thread speaking of a heightened level of sensitivity I've noticed id say yes.

No emotion is wrong when it serves the context and is balanced.

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

I have a thick skin so not much bothers me. But, just because people get offended it doesn't mean they're right. Just saying

Yep. And just because people disagree doesn't mean they're sensitive "

To disagree isnt sensitivity

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Is it an increase in sensitive people or an increase in the lack of sensitivity by others?

By *sianManc OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"I find that people are very quick to brand someone sensitive for expressing a different opinion to them "

Good lord amazing how a thread changes from 1 path to another haha

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

It could be said you were ‘offended’ enough to make that post about couples looking but not mailing you. Though I’m sure that’s not the case.

I think it’s hard to read people’s true emotion/meaning on a forum board but I will happily admit that I’m getting a bit sick of people being complete arses to other forum users just to be an intentional ‘keyboard warrior’, what is up with that. Why be a twat intentionally? I don’t get how people gain pleasure from it

over a year ago

"I find that people are very quick to brand someone sensitive for expressing a different opinion to them "

It works both ways, people are also very quick to brand someone a racist or a bigot for having different views. In general the whole of society is more sensative to their own beliefs.

Personally I couldn't give a poop either way and let em all get on with it, as I said I've a thick skin so nothing ruffles me.

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Is it an increase in sensitive people or an increase in the lack of sensitivity by others? "

This! That’s what I meant. Just simpler

over a year ago

"It could be said you were ‘offended’ enough to make that post about couples looking but not mailing you. Though I’m sure that’s not the case.

I think it’s hard to read people’s true emotion/meaning on a forum board but I will happily admit that I’m getting a bit sick of people being complete arses to other forum users just to be an intentional ‘keyboard warrior’, what is up with that. Why be a twat intentionally? I don’t get how people gain pleasure from it"

Being a twat is very subjective. Therein lies the answer

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

I am far from sensitive, however I will call people out for offensive posts/opinions. Just because I am on a swinger's site doesn't mean I am devoid of morals.

By *esireXposedMan
over a year ago

East sussex

"I find that people are very quick to brand someone sensitive for expressing a different opinion to them

"

Or maybe, you just didn't 'Consider' how it might go.

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Isn’t it funny how we are as people. I read your thread title and thought oh more sensitive, that’s a good thing, but no, you’re having a go at people for taking offence.

I’ve become more sensitive too or should I say less tolerant of, people who belittle others, who feel that their view is the only view and people who don’t send me lots of pictures of themselves naked.

over a year ago

"I find that people are very quick to brand someone sensitive for expressing a different opinion to them

"

But, that’s the whole point of the thread - if you’re looking for people’s opinion, you’re going to get different views.

You can’t decide what response is appropriate to your thread. The fabbers decide that.

over a year ago

It's life as a whole.

What one person could see as blasè could be a subject that is very close to another persons heart.

May not make them "sensitive" overall or easily offended, but a situation or subject matter can.

We all have pasts and are who we are today in part due to that.

I'm sensitive over subjects regarding domestic abuse, cheating, mental health coz I've lived them and those things almost ended me so yes, I'll be sensitive and passionate about those topics.

In most cases there are very valid reasons and experiences as to why others may seem sensitive about stuff, and it's not down to anyone else to judge how close or painful a subject is allowed to be to another person, that's akin to invalidating their feelings on it.

Also, people are under a fair amount of pressure right now. Some are losing friends and family, some are losing homes, businesses and livelihoods. I really don't think the NOW is the optimum time to cast judgement on how "sensitive" people may seem.

P

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Cal"

Touchè

By *elvet_OrchidWoman
over a year ago

Banbury

I couldn't have put it better myself x

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

I find that offensive

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

C14th - everyone is dying of plague, but I still have to work dawn til dusk.

C17th - half the family killed in the civil war & house burned down, now what?

C19th - I have to work 14 hours a day, sleep on the factory floor & I'm only 12.

C20th - oh dear, we're of to war again! Oh well, they say it'll be over by Christmas...

C21st - I'm offended!

over a year ago

"C14th - everyone is dying of plague, but I still have to work dawn til dusk.

C19th - I have to work 14 hours a day, sleep on the factory floor & I'm only 12.

C20th - oh dear, we're of to war again! Oh well, they say it'll be over by Christmas...

C21st - I'm offended!"

You've done it now!

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

this

over a year ago

Yes! Like calling someone sensitive became almost a way to offend someone in a way.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

C21st - I'm offended!"

I'd say the current situation negates the last bit.

C21 thousands volunteer to help neighbours, key workers under huge pressure continue to work, most of the population agree to stay under lockdown even though its plunged some into poverty etc etc

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes! Like calling someone sensitive became almost a way to offend someone in a way. "

There have always been people who are over sensitive. We all know someone you need to tread on eggshells with because their first reaction to anything you say or do is "what do you mean by that". In general though I think that people often aren't used to respectful discussion and can't engage in it without resorting to either offence or insult. It's much easier to flounce off offended if a discussion isn't going your way than to stick around and either attempt to change someone's mind, change your own or even respectfully agree to differ

By *esireXposedMan
over a year ago

East sussex

Yes! Like calling someone sensitive became almost a way to offend someone in a way. "

Or even taking offence because someone else felt offended.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

C21st - I'm offended!

I'd say the current situation negates the last bit.

C21 thousands volunteer to help neighbours, key workers under huge pressure continue to work, most of the population agree to stay under lockdown even though its plunged some into poverty etc etc"

C20 also I think the guys serving in Afghanistan and Iraq, those being killed or having limbs blown off may disagree

over a year ago

The ones that ask why you’ve said no tickle us, then they come back and keep fighting for an explanation.

When someone isn’t interested in us we just brush it off and move on.

It’s not like there aren’t thousands of people to approach,

By *aturewomanloverMan
over a year ago

Uttox

always had to tred carefully on the forums, one sentnce someone doesnt agree with and its block central

over a year ago

Give me a specific example of what you mean OP please.

What was said? And what was the response?

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

Try the chatrooms they can be really difficult to navigate at times.

over a year ago

I wear a thin sensitive skin, deliberately because I like to feel my life. I find it funny that I am advised I need a rhinoceros hide to be on this site. If I find something objectionable enough and have thee energy for it I will usually say something. It doesn’t necessarily mean I’m right, I recognise there are many different perspectives with relative value. However I do object to being called a snowflake when I find something morally reprehensible.

over a year ago

C21st - I'm offended!"

I see we've ascended from subsections of the over 50s speaking as though they lived through WWII to subsections of the over 50s speaking as though they lived through the bubonic plague and are several centuries old.

over a year ago

C21st - I'm offended!

I see we've ascended from subsections of the over 50s speaking as though they lived through WWII to subsections of the over 50s speaking as though they lived through the bubonic plague and are several centuries old. "

Post new Message to Thread