Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

There are lovely women on here

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thwres loads of lively women on here

My question is when I send them a message I hardly get a reply I am I doing something worng or have I put aomthing in my profile that is worng any suggestions please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Try a spell check before messaging

over a year ago

They aren’t interested in you. Focus on those who are

over a year ago

"Try a spell check before messaging"

Read his profile

over a year ago

"Try a spell check before messaging

Read his profile "

Did hence comment

over a year ago

"They aren’t interested in you. Focus on those who are "
I try but it's not easy

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Read his profile "

Yup. People need to read profiles before posting sometimes.

over a year ago

How do you message these people?

What do you say?

Your profile reads very generic at the moment... Or maybe they're superficial enough to be put off by your blindness. Maybe go into more detail as to what form of blindness you have.

I'm sure you are genuine and perfectly decent, but women get swamped in messages from men all the time sadly. There are way more men than women here.

I know this isn't much, but I hope something here helps

over a year ago

"They aren’t interested in you. Focus on those who are

I try but it's not easy"

Women get lots of messages. It’s hard to reply to them all.

They also receive abuse for rejecting me. It’s easier just to blanket ignore the men they aren’t interested in.

Don’t take it to heart.

over a year ago

Read his profile

Yup. People need to read profiles before posting sometimes. "

You need to read previous replies

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Welcome to Fab, OP

Just be yourself, let a bit of your personality come through, and show that you've read their profile and appreciate what they're looking for here.

Many won't reply but the right ones will Good luck!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"They aren’t interested in you. Focus on those who are I try but it's not easy"

It isnt easy, I've been here for years with only a social meet to my name. Just try not to get bogged down with the rejection as you will probably get a fair bit, I know I sure do.

By *erkshireDannyMan
over a year ago

Maidenhead

I can’t understand why people take it so personally when people don’t reply?

Your probably not doing anything wrong you might not be someone’s cup of tea, don’t worry be patient and stay respectful, read the profile and I’m sure at some point you might find someone to chat with

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Read his profile

Yup. People need to read profiles before posting sometimes. "

In a perfect world..

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I can’t understand why people take it so personally when people don’t reply?

Your probably not doing anything wrong you might not be someone’s cup of tea, don’t worry be patient and stay respectful, read the profile and I’m sure at some point you might find someone to chat with "

People deal with it differently, I was the same when I joined.

over a year ago

"How do you message these people?

What do you say?

Your profile reads very generic at the moment... Or maybe they're superficial enough to be put off by your blindness. Maybe go into more detail as to what form of blindness you have.

I'm sure you are genuine and perfectly decent, but women get swamped in messages from men all the time sadly. There are way more men than women here.

I know this isn't much, but I hope something here helps"

I might do that say more about my eye sight I know what my eye condition but I cant seem to spell it

What do I say to them good evening I enjoy reading your profile and looking at the photos I am insterted please

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 23/04/20 21:43:47]

over a year ago

"Thwres loads of lively women on here

My question is when I send them a message I hardly get a reply I am I doing something worng or have I put aomthing in my profile that is worng any suggestions please"

Everyone here do get no replays at some point, so don’t take it personally, just be your self mate

over a year ago

My question is when I send them a message I hardly get a reply I am I doing something worng or have I put aomthing in my profile that is worng any suggestions please I'm nit taking it personally

Everyone here do get no replays at some point, so don’t take it personally, just be your self mate "

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

It’s a persistent and patients that’s all I can say OP

Most of us guys on here never get any replies

over a year ago

My question is when I send them a message I hardly get a reply I am I doing something worng or have I put aomthing in my profile that is worng any suggestions please"

Honestly we get a lot of messages. Can't always reply to all, especially if you're not what we're looking for. Sorry x

By *ings66Man
over a year ago

Bristol

My question is when I send them a message I hardly get a reply I am I doing something worng or have I put aomthing in my profile that is worng any suggestions please

Honestly we get a lot of messages. Can't always reply to all, especially if you're not what we're looking for. Sorry x"

Sometimes small talk can be fun with the right person without looking to meet I have had great fun with women I will never meet on here just making fun comments but never rude or downputting.

over a year ago

Honestly we get a lot of messages. Can't always reply to all, especially if you're not what we're looking for. Sorry x"

I am fully aware of that thank you

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for the advice

over a year ago

Someone message me I accidentally deleted it who ever it was could you message me again plwasw

over a year ago

"What do I say to them good evening I enjoy reading your profile and looking at the photos I am insterted please"

Are you asking what you should say to them or are you telling me what you say?

I assume there are websites that mention your specific condition ?

The above still reads as generic. I've received similar myself.

Tailor your content!

What specifically did you like about the profile? What specifically about the photos?

Don't just focus on photos. This is a sex site but being treated like an object is not nice. Women get enough of that as is

over a year ago

I rarely send the first message because the ladies get so many.

Lately I've had contact from some really nice forum posters and others who lurk.

Some gems here.just takes a little time to find them.

By *erkshireDannyMan
over a year ago

Maidenhead

Also a good point to raise is that credit has to go to those women who actually reply and say no thank you or sorry I’m really busy and have loads of messages and will try and get back to you.

Manners cost nothing and it’s very nice to get a no thank you

over a year ago

"What do I say to them good evening I enjoy reading your profile and looking at the photos I am insterted please

Are you asking what you should say to them or are you telling me what you say?

I was saying to you what I say to them in my 1st message I was trying to be polite

I assume there are websites that mention your specific condition ?

The above still reads as generic. I've received similar myself.

Tailor your content!

What specifically did you like about the profile? What specifically about the photos?

Don't just focus on photos. This is a sex site but being treated like an object is not nice. Women get enough of that as is"

over a year ago

You've only been on here seven days bud. That's literally five minutes in fab-time...

over a year ago

"You've only been on here seven days bud. That's literally five minutes in fab-time..."

Litchrally!!

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"

Also a good point to raise is that credit has to go to those women who actually reply and say no thank you or sorry I’m really busy and have loads of messages and will try and get back to you.

Manners cost nothing and it’s very nice to get a no thank you "

Unfortunately the majority of times women try a polite 'no thank you, happy fabbing' type reply we get abusive messages back...that's why many will just delete, and why the fab FAQ says that a deleted message should be taken as a 'no thank you'

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

OP firstly welcome and please don't be put off by not getting replies - especially as someone relatively new to the site, it can take a while to get a feel for it, and get to know how it works and get yourself known.

Usually when people finding they're not getting replies it comes down to one of a few things:

Expectations - set them low and don't expect to get replies or even meets - treat the site like any other non-sex site

Attitude - adopt a positive, respectful and courteous attitude and you'll not go far wrong, do the opposite however and you'll just be frustrated

Approach - think about not only how you approach those you'd like to interact with but the site in general - if messaging people cold isn't working, try other ways like getting involved in the forums or chat rooms or going to group socials or clubs, all of which are great ways to get to know people, and them you.

Profile - think of it as your shop window and take a look at it and ask if it looks good and entices people into your shop for a browse or sees them walking past to the better dressed window up the road - you need to find something that makes you stand out.

Pictures - get a decent set of pics that show you in the best light - if you're unsure what will work take a look at other verified guys pics for inspiration.

None of that will guarantee anything but it will improve your experience of the site.

Appreciate to that your condition may limit what you can do in terms of text and pics, and I take my hat off to you for stepping up to try and put yourself out there.

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

Messaging on fab is not a fruitful approach for many...go to an organised social and meet people face to face. Fab is a marathon not a sprint

Also your a young guy..I would balance this alternative dimension of fab with the real world...go out to pubs etc, engage in activities through social media apps for singles and meet ladies that way...

Good luck

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Messaging on fab is not a fruitful approach for many...go to an organised social and meet people face to face. Fab is a marathon not a sprint

Also your a young guy..I would balance this alternative dimension of fab with the real world...go out to pubs etc, engage in activities through social media apps for singles and meet ladies that way...

Good luck

"

Good advice. X

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately the majority of times women try a polite 'no thank you, happy fabbing' type reply we get abusive messages back...that's why many will just delete, and why the fab FAQ says that a deleted message should be taken as a 'no thank you'"

thanks for advice uf they say no thank you I say good luck to them

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"

Unfortunately the majority of times women try a polite 'no thank you, happy fabbing' type reply we get abusive messages back...that's why many will just delete, and why the fab FAQ says that a deleted message should be taken as a 'no thank you' thanks for advice uf they say no thank you I say good luck to them"

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately the majority of times women try a polite 'no thank you, happy fabbing' type reply we get abusive messages back...that's why many will just delete, and why the fab FAQ says that a deleted message should be taken as a 'no thank you' thanks for advice uf they say no thank you I say good luck to them"

Ok. But a lot of men send abuse.

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately the majority of times women try a polite 'no thank you, happy fabbing' type reply we get abusive messages back...that's why many will just delete, and why the fab FAQ says that a deleted message should be taken as a 'no thank you' thanks for advice uf they say no thank you I say good luck to them

Ok. But a lot of men send abuse. "

I dont I say good luck to them and I leave at that

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"

Unfortunately the majority of times women try a polite 'no thank you, happy fabbing' type reply we get abusive messages back...that's why many will just delete, and why the fab FAQ says that a deleted message should be taken as a 'no thank you' thanks for advice uf they say no thank you I say good luck to them

Ok. But a lot of men send abuse.

I dont I say good luck to them and I leave at that"

Which is as it should be - sadly though the ladies on here have no way of knowing if you're going to do that or do a 180 and call them all the names under the sun

over a year ago

With respect your probably d*unk and just chancing your arm , try again when sober ..... and put more effort in

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

With respect your probably d*unk and just chancing your arm , try again when sober ..... and put more effort in "

Or with respect if you read his profile you may not think that

over a year ago

I’m friends with a couple of women who have profiles on fab.

They get 100s of messages a day. Don’t take it personally.

Be happy if you get any reply at all.

over a year ago

With respect your probably d*unk and just chancing your arm , try again when sober ..... and put more effort in "

By *4hrs sexCouple
over a year ago

Greenford

"Welcome to Fab, OP

Just be yourself, let a bit of your personality come through, and show that you've read their profile and appreciate what they're looking for here.

Many won't reply but the right ones will Good luck!"

totally agree

over a year ago

What a weird comment

over a year ago

With respect your probably d*unk and just chancing your arm , try again when sober ..... and put more effort in

What a weird comment "

Probably tells us more about the person replying than the OP.

over a year ago

I didn’t look at the profile. Note to self.......

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It takes a long time for most sings men here to get established, even without the covid19 thing.

There are lots of posts asking for and getting profile advice, so worth checking them out.

A good range of photos lets someone else decide if they find you attractive, so get a range taken, to give others a clear impression of how you look.

It's hard work for you here and not to be undertaken unless you can cope with it and have good self-esteem and confidence. If you manage well sexually outside of here and flitting etc, then you can hone those skills for online use.

Site rules means that people won't typically send a reply, as no reply = no interest.

over a year ago

"You've only been on here seven days bud. That's literally five minutes in fab-time...

Litchrally!! "

Time flies when you're having fun bud...

over a year ago

Our philosophy is, never approach to chat up anyone on here who you wouldn't in person. So if someone looks out of our league we don't try our luck, otherwise you have to accept rejection.

Just our take on it.

By *MARUBIXCUBEWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

2 little boys had 2 little toys each had a wooden horse.

over a year ago

"OP firstly welcome and please don't be put off by not getting replies - especially as someone relatively new to the site, it can take a while to get a feel for it, and get to know how it works and get yourself known.

Usually when people finding they're not getting replies it comes down to one of a few things:

Expectations - set them low and don't expect to get replies or even meets - treat the site like any other non-sex site

Attitude - adopt a positive, respectful and courteous attitude and you'll not go far wrong, do the opposite however and you'll just be frustrated

Approach - think about not only how you approach those you'd like to interact with but the site in general - if messaging people cold isn't working, try other ways like getting involved in the forums or chat rooms or going to group socials or clubs, all of which are great ways to get to know people, and them you.

Profile - think of it as your shop window and take a look at it and ask if it looks good and entices people into your shop for a browse or sees them walking past to the better dressed window up the road - you need to find something that makes you stand out.

Pictures - get a decent set of pics that show you in the best light - if you're unsure what will work take a look at other verified guys pics for inspiration.

None of that will guarantee anything but it will improve your experience of the site.

Appreciate to that your condition may limit what you can do in terms of text and pics, and I take my hat off to you for stepping up to try and put yourself out there."

Almost verbatim seconded. OP, I would suggest including a joke about any spelling mistakes - if you can comfortably joke about disability, it's a good icebreaker.

Also, I really like your other photo. That shirt looks great on you!

Post new Message to Thread