Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Help a girl out

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

With everything closed, I haven’t been able to go to my chiropractor. My back is absolutely killing me, probably from doing a lot less than before.

Has anyone had success on treating it at home?

I’m sure there’s some stretches or exercises I could be doing. I’m worried I’m going to end up with a hunchback from bad posture!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have you thought of trying yoga? I am thinking about it to keep my back in check

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

"With everything closed, I haven’t been able to go to my chiropractor. My back is absolutely killing me, probably from doing a lot less than before.

I’m sure there’s some stretches or exercises I could be doing. I’m worried I’m going to end up with a hunchback from bad posture! "

Depends very much on your specific issue. If you know the name Google is a big help. I can send links but it would be for my issue not yours x

over a year ago

"With everything closed, I haven’t been able to go to my chiropractor. My back is absolutely killing me, probably from doing a lot less than before.

I’m sure there’s some stretches or exercises I could be doing. I’m worried I’m going to end up with a hunchback from bad posture! "

Ly on the floor bum against the wall legs on the wall. I've found that helps me short term. Whilst in that position I've pulled my knees to my chest and my back has cracked like hell. Feels good at the time

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

One that might help, stand facing into the corner like a naughty girl. Arm at shoulder height on each wall then lean forwards and hold. Repeat

over a year ago

"Have you thought of trying yoga? I am thinking about it to keep my back in check"

I’ve started it and I’m a big fan, I think it helps with loads of things. I think it’s more of a preventative measure though.

There’s loads of video on YouTube for all levels. Good luck if you do!

over a year ago

Want me to fuck you?

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've no tips I'm afraid but I fully understand your pain. Hope you manage to find some Comfort.

Jo.Xx

over a year ago

I’m sure there’s some stretches or exercises I could be doing. I’m worried I’m going to end up with a hunchback from bad posture!

Depends very much on your specific issue. If you know the name Google is a big help. I can send links but it would be for my issue not yours x "

I’m not sure what it is. Quasimodo syndrome because it feels like I’m hunching over when it hurts

I’ll give the naughty girl with arms on the wall a go. Thank you

over a year ago

You could order a tens machine if it's a muscular issue. I fucked mine a couple of years ago and was having weekly massage for a couple of months and in between was using a tens for a bit of relief. They don't necessarily fix problems but will help you to function better until you can see someone.

over a year ago

Ly on the floor bum against the wall legs on the wall. I've found that helps me short term. Whilst in that position I've pulled my knees to my chest and my back has cracked like hell. Feels good at the time "

I’ll have a crack at that. Pun intended.

Thank you

over a year ago

"Want me to fuck you?"

Alright but you’ll have to go on top. I’m in pain

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Depends very much on your specific issue. If you know the name Google is a big help. I can send links but it would be for my issue not yours x

I’m not sure what it is. Quasimodo syndrome because it feels like I’m hunching over when it hurts

I’ll give the naughty girl with arms on the wall a go. Thank you "

Welcome. One other is to place your hand on top of opposite shoulder. Elbow level with chin. Reach up and place other hand on raised elbow. Apply pressure and push so that the elbow moves across your body. This one is good for upper spine. I love it when I get that spine crack

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Lie on your front ...arc your back ,stretch it ...keep doing it every day ..you should feel it gets easier xx

over a year ago

Google the ‘Alexander Technique’. It’s brilliant for backpain and used a lot by dancers. People with backpain in Germany are sent on courses to learn how to do it and the feedback is excellent there too.

over a year ago

Ly on the floor bum against the wall legs on the wall. I've found that helps me short term. Whilst in that position I've pulled my knees to my chest and my back has cracked like hell. Feels good at the time

I’ll have a crack at that. Pun intended.

Thank you "

hope it helps xx

over a year ago

"You could order a tens machine if it's a muscular issue. I fucked mine a couple of years ago and was having weekly massage for a couple of months and in between was using a tens for a bit of relief. They don't necessarily fix problems but will help you to function better until you can see someone. "

I’ll look into that, thank you.

over a year ago

I’ll give the naughty girl with arms on the wall a go. Thank you

Welcome. One other is to place your hand on top of opposite shoulder. Elbow level with chin. Reach up and place other hand on raised elbow. Apply pressure and push so that the elbow moves across your body. This one is good for upper spine. I love it when I get that spine crack "

Oooooo I love a spine click! I’ll be trying this one asap!

over a year ago

"Google the ‘Alexander Technique’. It’s brilliant for backpain and used a lot by dancers. People with backpain in Germany are sent on courses to learn how to do it and the feedback is excellent there too."

I’ve just looked it up and that sounds so interesting! Thanks for that x

over a year ago

"Want me to fuck you?

Alright but you’ll have to go on top. I’m in pain "

Anything for you, doll face

over a year ago

"Want me to fuck you?

Alright but you’ll have to go on top. I’m in pain

Anything for you, doll face "

You’re too good to me

over a year ago

I did Pilates core exercises for two weeks and have never suffered since, that was 12 years ago, must do them more.

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I recommend deepstick

over a year ago

All you need to do Jamie is lay on your back lift your legs up in the air at the end of your bed and invite me around dont worry I'll take care of the rest

over a year ago

I’ve had problems with my back since a motorcycle accident a few years ago I find that if I wake up stiff (no pun intended) I hang off the door frame lift my legs and it seems to stretch out whatever is hurting I’m right as rain the rest of the day

over a year ago

"I recommend deepstick "

I suggested that to my chiropractor but apparently I have ‘boundary issues’ and he asked me to stop ‘harassing’ him

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

You’re going to get a lot of recommendations on this thread... however

The correct and best answer is you tube Dr Eric Goodman Foundation exercises.

It’s fifteen minutes of stretching, it is hard work, and it works.

By *haringiscaring71Couple
over a year ago

northampton

Theres lots of yoga routines and workouts on YouTube. Even some programmes with tips and advise x

By *haringiscaring71Couple
over a year ago

northampton

[Removed by poster at 23/04/20 13:42:25]

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I suffered in the past with stenosis and oh god the pain!

I have no advice but really hope that you find some relief x

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

I find the best yoga positions for back pain is that cat and the cow it's good for opening the vertebrae. The other thing I find helps is to grab the top of a door frame and then let your arms take the weight of your body.

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Roll up a towel and put it on the floor. Put your sacrum on the floor and align your spine with the towel. If you can .. do this with your legs up, knees bent over the sofa or over a chair.

You can try this with the towel horizontal too .. this way might be nice if you're feeling hunched. Feet on floor, knees bent.

Or.. Slide on your side up to the wall until your bum touches or nearly touches the wall. Gently swing your legs up the wall. This is extremely relaxing for any muscles in spasm .. and takes all the load off.

X

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I recommend deepstick

I suggested that to my chiropractor but apparently I have ‘boundary issues’ and he asked me to stop ‘harassing’ him "

His loss, love.

over a year ago

"Have you thought of trying yoga? I am thinking about it to keep my back in check

I’ve started it and I’m a big fan, I think it helps with loads of things. I think it’s more of a preventative measure though.

There’s loads of video on YouTube for all levels. Good luck if you do! "

Gently stretching and yoga will help. I have a stuffy....back (couldn't resist) as I'm an older gentleman / old git / dirty old man depending on your point of view. I often stretch it out ( no pun intended lol) in the morning and it definitely helps. Just go easy. It's tempting to stretch to far too soon.

over a year ago

Have you looked up specific stretches for the area that's hurting?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have suffered with back pain for years. My physio does virtual sessions on Skype. I booked a session and she asked how flexible I was. I said I could do Tuesday or Thursdays

over a year ago

Yes! I was in a car crash about twenty years ago and have occasional issues with my back as a result, so I'm something of an expert. Here's what works for me:

• Yoga/pilates. Preventative. Keeps my back strong and flexible. When I stop doing it, that's when I have trouble.

• Massage. Ordinarily, I see a therapist at work, but in quarantine I've taken to using a pair of hard polystyrene rollers I got from Aldi. The ball is good, the peanut-shaped one is an actual miracle worker.

• During one particularly bad episode, I bought a posture corrector. Fixed me right up after using it for a couple of hours a day for four days. Search for "Marakym" and you'll find the one I got. Can't reccomend it highly enough. It's brilliant!

over a year ago

Ask Chillout; He's super helpful and may have some ideas?

over a year ago

"Yes! I was in a car crash about twenty years ago and have occasional issues with my back as a result, so I'm something of an expert. Here's what works for me:

• Yoga/pilates. Preventative. Keeps my back strong and flexible. When I stop doing it, that's when I have trouble.

• Massage. Ordinarily, I see a therapist at work, but in quarantine I've taken to using a pair of hard polystyrene rollers I got from Aldi. The ball is good, the peanut-shaped one is an actual miracle worker.

• During one particularly bad episode, I bought a posture corrector. Fixed me right up after using it for a couple of hours a day for four days. Search for "Marakym" and you'll find the one I got. Can't reccomend it highly enough. It's brilliant!

"

I’ve just bought one!

over a year ago

They're ace. They look ridiculous, but they force you to sit/stand up straight. I literally felt better after one day. The diference after four was amazing.

over a year ago

"They're ace. They look ridiculous, but they force you to sit/stand up straight. I literally felt better after one day. The diference after four was amazing."

I’ve read mixed reviews about them being hard to get on yourself.

I’m pretty hamfisted- did you manage to get it on ok?

over a year ago

It was tricky the first time, but there's a knack to it. Once you figure it out, it's pretty straightforward.

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"I recommend deepstick

I suggested that to my chiropractor but apparently I have ‘boundary issues’ and he asked me to stop ‘harassing’ him "

That's a coincidence, my doctor said exactly the same thing after I went in for my seventh prostate exam of the month.

over a year ago

I had physio and was told just to exorcise more

over a year ago

Hey cat lady

Cat stretches!

Seriously.

So on all fours, keep your eyes level looking straight ahead.

Arch your back up keeping your head level and your arse as level as you can.

Hold for 5 seconds then ease yourself down slowly into an inverted arc and hold for 5 then repeat a few times.

It’s what cats do if you understand...

it’s one that’s works really well for me in my later sporting years and I was first introduced to it by a GB Olympic physiotherapist.

Hope it helps and that your back pain eases.

From

Sam

over a year ago

"Ask Chillout; He's super helpful and may have some ideas? "

Very good advice ^^

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Ask Chillout; He's super helpful and may have some ideas?

Very good advice ^^"

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure he'd be happy to help

over a year ago

"They're ace. They look ridiculous, but they force you to sit/stand up straight. I literally felt better after one day. The diference after four was amazing."

Do they work for lower back pain just ordered one for hubby as he has constant back ache and realise on tablets every day xx

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

The best thing I ever did for my back was start doing back strengthening excercises in the gym. Most can be replicated at home with some resistance bands and some sort of anchor. I've bought one you close in the door. I can't wait for it to arrive as I'm getting pain again now I can't go the gym. I'd forgotten how bad it used to be.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The best thing I ever did for my back was start doing back strengthening excercises in the gym. Most can be replicated at home with some resistance bands and some sort of anchor. I've bought one you close in the door. I can't wait for it to arrive as I'm getting pain again now I can't go the gym. I'd forgotten how bad it used to be."

The answer to a lot of my random aches and pains seems to be "the gym".

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Ask Chillout; He's super helpful and may have some ideas? "

Also this. Man is a godsend

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Just a thought. How's your mattress and pillow? They can really fuck my back up quickly. I'm a fucking princess

over a year ago

"Just a thought. How's your mattress and pillow? They can really fuck my back up quickly. I'm a fucking princess "

I checked to see if someone hid a pea, but no.

I sleep curled up like a dead spider which probably doesn’t help!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

When I lived in halls of residence I had to get a mattress topper so I wouldn't be in agony from the neck down.

Princess

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Just a thought. How's your mattress and pillow? They can really fuck my back up quickly. I'm a fucking princess "

Soo right, once I sorted that out my body was much better.

I get the tight upper back and get the 'hunched' feeling. I do a lot of latissmus dorsi and neck stretches and it helps hugely.

Drink tonnes of water and yoga like someone else said.

Can you chiro give you some stuff to do at home?

Hope you feel better

over a year ago

I've a dodgy back after a big motorbike accident. I spent a lot on Chiropractic visits that were only short term relief. I was sent a physio, walked in like a sideways banana, 45 mins later walked out straight. He gave me 3 simple 30 sec exercises to do 3 X a day. Been brilliant. I had neck and back injuries, mostly muscular it seems and the chiropractor was milking me.

1. Stand in a doorway arms straight out to the sides and then bend elbows up 90° place elbow and hands on door frame, look straight ahead, chin slightly down and lean forward hold for 30 sec.

2. Same position raise elbows up about 30° and lean forwards again hold for 30 secs.

3. Drop elbow 30° below horizontal and repeat as above.

Do this 3x a day and my back muscles have been kept stretched nicely.

Ps. I do some yoga, have done for many years, but these three exercises are amazingly effective. I may find a utube link if you pm me.

over a year ago

Taking a cold dairy milk chocolate from the fridge after midnight and eating it will resolve most of the issues!

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

Try EFT

Search Google for EFT

Then search Google and youtube for EFT and pain.

You can learn the basics of EFT in 10 minutes.

over a year ago

So? Did it turn up? How did it go?

over a year ago

Get someone walk on your back

over a year ago

"So? Did it turn up? How did it go? "

It’s a pain to get on! I haven’t noticed a difference yet but I’m hoping it will help

Post new Message to Thread