Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cycling 2

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Continuation of the last thread as it got too big.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have always wondered if....

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Out this afternoon, from Maldon to Dedham and back.

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

i'm finally going to get out at the weekend....workshop has been rammed with service, repair, upgrade work the past 6 weeks or so, many new customers as the dusty old bikes come out of sheds & garages to play...

By *wingamajigsCouple
over a year ago

Folkestone

Stripping an xt brake to see why it failed.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've been in a workshop for the past month with overtime every night. Just cant keep up with bike sales and services

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"I've been in a workshop for the past month with overtime every night. Just cant keep up with bike sales and services"

It's been mad...I am not complaining though...

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"Stripping an xt brake to see why it failed. "

Seals?...

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Nice ride this morning ( I shut the workshop for the day...still had 2 bikes dropped off and 3 appointments made) in the sunshine...45 miles.. and then this afternoon a local beer door step delivered in the garden...Nice new bib shorts on today too...been a good one...would have been better to have played and shared some fun but it's now the wrong time...

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I've just got a bike when out and did 6.3 miles it got me panting does it get easier

over a year ago

Loving the roads being quieter....... makes clocking up the miles much nicer

By *ay-Beach-BumsCouple
over a year ago

Herne Bay

Been riding on Zwift during lockdown but actually had a ride outside in the sun today. Lovely!

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I’ve been out doing some exploring at my newish side of town. I even persuaded my son to join me. Lol.

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"I've just got a bike when out and did 6.3 miles it got me panting does it get easier "

well done... like I always say...10 miles per hour or 20 miles per hour...it is still an hour...and it's good to get yourself panting and the heart rate up

By *wingamajigsCouple
over a year ago

Folkestone

No, seals look ok. Bought an XTR one in its place now.

over a year ago

Been out for a few mtb rides with the wife, but our local trails are so busy with walkers. Doing most of my training on zwift. Don't let your guard down just because it's quieter on the roads. We've tragically had a cyclist killed near us on a fast dual carriageway

over a year ago

I'm still out on my bike and loving the quiet roads . It's never been a better time to get out . Smashed a few personal bests on Strava too.

After a long and stressful day at work it's great to escape and forget the world for a couple of hours.

In Wales we are only now allowed to cycle within 5 miles from home , in case of accidents . So I've a brilliant loop that passes some amazing scenery and keeps me within the new Guidelines

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

As I understand it, the government's allowance for one daily exercise away from home isn't supposed to be several hours out cycling.

Makes all of you guys going on long treks equally as mad (and as dangerous) as those buggering off to holiday locations for a walk, a BBQ, a day at the beach...

Stay home, stay safe! The longer you're out the greater the risk of you coming into contact with someone. Plus, if you have an accident, breakdown then others maybe nave to get involved.

I go out for an hour, stay within a 5 mile radius of home and then do 2 hours on the turbo.

This lockdown isn't for ever. Please show some restraint and patience.

over a year ago

"As I understand it, the government's allowance for one daily exercise away from home isn't supposed to be several hours out cycling.

Makes all of you guys going on long treks equally as mad (and as dangerous) as those buggering off to holiday locations for a walk, a BBQ, a day at the beach...

Stay home, stay safe! The longer you're out the greater the risk of you coming into contact with someone. Plus, if you have an accident, breakdown then others maybe nave to get involved.

I go out for an hour, stay within a 5 mile radius of home and then do 2 hours on the turbo.

This lockdown isn't for ever. Please show some restraint and patience."

over a year ago

"As I understand it, the government's allowance for one daily exercise away from home isn't supposed to be several hours out cycling.

This lockdown isn't for ever. Please show some restraint and patience."

That's the rules here in Wales a 5 mile radius, you can still get a great ride in . I always carry spare inners and my tool kit. Most experienced road riders do , so we can fix most problems by the roadside . And if not the walk homes not so bad .

over a year ago

Been for a couple of rides in the Chilterns on my 10 year old mtb.

I regretfully joined a mtb page on FB and everyone is buying £2k bikes and makes my £400 bike 10 years ago look rubbish! Haha.

Nobody I know owns a mtb though, everyone has road bikes. Is one worth buying and changing to road cycling?

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"Been for a couple of rides in the Chilterns on my 10 year old mtb.

I regretfully joined a mtb page on FB and everyone is buying £2k bikes and makes my £400 bike 10 years ago look rubbish! Haha.

Nobody I know owns a mtb though, everyone has road bikes. Is one worth buying and changing to road cycling? "

MTB seems to be reserved now for the areas with facilities or terrain suitable, Im up in Cambridgeshire and have a few customers with MTB but not many, some have gone to Gravel/CX bikes instead, most of my work is Road, Trek,Giant,Cannobdale,Cube, Wilier, Colnago,Basso,Cippolini,Bianchi...the Italian bikes pretty much Campagnolo hence why I get them.... might be worth looking at Gravel bike and get a set of road wheels too and get best of roads & trails

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Out tomorrow again for a spin... dropped the bike in a ford last week but all is good again although still grazed.... meeting up with another roadie mate along a route tomorrow...obvs with appropriate distancing... 6m in line out 2m side by side, easily doable and then we can turn about on the front to get some motivation again after weeks of solo

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Can find reinforced tyres for touring bikes but not a cross trail ..

Any ideas

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

We've both been hammering the turbo mixed with a short loop nearby which uses up the hours exercise but now we've been given permission to exercise of for longer we'll have the Pinarello's on the road this weekend for a longer ride. We can't wait.

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Can find reinforced tyres for touring bikes but not a cross trail ..

Any ideas"

schwalbe marathons do one with a tread pattern I think. Not cheap sods to get on & off, but worth it. Practically bombproof

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Been really into it the last few months. Noticing an improvement in speed, fitness, recovery and fun!

Got my first trophy tonight! 2nd all-time on a 6 minute gravel sprint.

Getting the gear now, bib shorts and jersey, feeling pro.

Also it turns out having a functioning set or brakes, gears and in general a working bike helps!

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Any ideas schwalbe marathons do one with a tread pattern I think. Not cheap sods to get on & off, but worth it. Practically bombproof "

I had these on a bike I bought secondhand, perfect for commuting and touring.

over a year ago

Just got the single speed bike out, as I need to lose weight. Just not as easy as a geared bike, still I do 16 miles in just over an hour.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Any ideas schwalbe marathons do one with a tread pattern I think. Not cheap sods to get on & off, but worth it. Practically bombproof

I had these on a bike I bought secondhand, perfect for commuting and touring. "

I am after a trail tread.. knobbly tyre

over a year ago

Cycling from Liverpool to Delamere Forest this morning.

over a year ago

"Cycling from Liverpool to Delamere Forest this morning. "
saddle on or off?

By *linyMan
over a year ago

Manchester/London

"Cycling from Liverpool to Delamere Forest this morning. saddle on or off? "

Could be tricky with a dropper post!!

By *wingamajigsCouple
over a year ago

Folkestone

New Trek Rail 5 arrived. Oh my word its amazing. Nippy and planted going dh. I love it. Usual Trek quality

over a year ago

Any ideas schwalbe marathons do one with a tread pattern I think. Not cheap sods to get on & off, but worth it. Practically bombproof

I had these on a bike I bought secondhand, perfect for commuting and touring. "

I used them when I did the 3 peaks as they were bomb proof and then relegated them to commuting. Never a single puncture even when I discovered I'd worn the tread away and was down to the casing and the puncture strip!

Crazy tough tyres but weigh a ton!

over a year ago

I commuted yesterday and the roads were crazy. Much busier and still plenty of cars speeding, I'll be happier when the roads are more crowded to slow the twats down

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

I'm out on my road bike today but need to get my ass in gear and sort my front suspension of my cube... always work from you tube at the moment

By *wingamajigsCouple
over a year ago

Folkestone

I use southcoast suspension to sort my suspension out. Many a time Ive used youtube and ended up scratching my head

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

"I use southcoast suspension to sort my suspension out. Many a time Ive used youtube and ended up scratching my head"

Haha i do that a lot.. good job I'm bald or I'd pull my hair out

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Did my first 100km today

Although Strava on my phone died at 99.5 so obviously doesn't count

Didn't realise but I've done 5 ride's/300km this week. Becoming an addict, need a week's rest now haha

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Nice spin out yesterday not had much chance as the workshop has been fully booked all week again.... a buddy was coming the other way..so stopped for a chat...properly distanced.... Workshop back open today, Trek Top Fuel 9.8 in, then a Bianchi Gravel.... tomorrow.... Cannondale city bike alfine gears & Specialized Sequioa services... with 2 more heading in for the afternoon....oh well might have to sneak a midweek evening spin

By *linyMan
over a year ago

Manchester/London

"New Trek Rail 5 arrived. Oh my word its amazing. Nippy and planted going dh. I love it. Usual Trek quality"

Nice! Mrs A got to have a good bra riding DH!!

over a year ago

Been managing to ride most days, was well behind my yearly target but almost caught up now.

over a year ago

Cycling everyday... turbo training, and mountain bike.

Pro rider for Zerouno bikes (USA brand) and ProtoBrand (UK and my brand).

Cycling for 9/11k miles years.... race and training....

fucking lockdown, no race until September or October

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Convinced myself its too windy to ride today, so I'll wait till tomorrow haha

The good and bad thing about living on the marsh, It can be mega windy, but that can be a great excuse to be lazy haha

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/05/20 16:02:33]

over a year ago

"Convinced myself its too windy to ride today, so I'll wait till tomorrow haha

The good and bad thing about living on the marsh, It can be mega windy, but that can be a great excuse to be lazy haha"

It’s always windy on the marsh, just have to plan your direction well!

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"Convinced myself its too windy to ride today, so I'll wait till tomorrow haha

The good and bad thing about living on the marsh, It can be mega windy, but that can be a great excuse to be lazy haha

It’s always windy on the marsh, just have to plan your direction well! "

Don't take away my excuses! Haha

Yeah I was planning to head to Hastings....nope lol

Last week I headed out with 22mph winds, which was great when I left home.... Made my cry on the way back haha

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Great evening spin yesterday...nice to see plenty out there from the hard core road bikers to newbies on their bikes of choice.... lovely 38 mile while the sun was heading down and the temperature cooling, sadly rode back into the sun but there you go......off out again on Saturday and Monday...

over a year ago

All our family love getting out on the bikes and it's great to see so many other out enjoying their exercise in this difficult time..

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

We managed 91 miles on Saturday and a steady 36 on Sunday. Weather and conditions superb. Can't wait to get out again this weekend.

over a year ago

Done 8 days straight, legs are definitely tired.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"We managed 91 miles on Saturday and a steady 36 on Sunday. Weather and conditions superb. Can't wait to get out again this weekend."

91 miles is very impressive. I start to feel it around 70. However, a full day with breaks , (sadly no pubs or cafes at the moment) keep going at a steady pace , it can be done.

Rowhedge for lunch just now.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I used to have a circuit. St Helens through Widnes, Frodsham, then past Stanlow refinery back across the ferry to home. Nice countryside, decent terrain as well.

over a year ago

I replaced my stolen bicycle today Im so happy!

I pick it up on Saturday - I'll be off on an epic journey on Sunday somewhere gorgeous.

There are some beautiful rides around Hertfordshire - Ive been in most of them but I want to go somewhere new.

over a year ago

I’ll be out this weekend hopefully on my new road bike if it arrives fingers crossed........ steady 60 miler round trip down the coast for an ice cream

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

50km yesterday, 70km today - getting some lovely cycling kit tab lines haha

By *ip2Man
over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

So far this month I've cycled 250 km on business. Plus 112 km to Thame and back, 104 km to Oxford and back, and 120 km to Newbury and back. Plus local trips takes the total to 600 km.

over a year ago

Had the wrong day off, not looking forward to that wind

over a year ago

"I replaced my stolen bicycle today Im so happy!

I pick it up on Saturday - I'll be off on an epic journey on Sunday somewhere gorgeous.

There are some beautiful rides around Hertfordshire - Ive been in most of them but I want to go somewhere new.

"

I've often cycled down to Hertfordshire from nr Cambridge... Ashwell nr Baldock for some hills...lol

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"Had the wrong day off, not looking forward to that wind "

Yeah that's why I made sure to cramp in some km the last 2 days, did not fancy the wind today!

over a year ago

"Had the wrong day off, not looking forward to that wind "

Someones going to be out looking for a KOM in a particular direction though!!

over a year ago

"Had the wrong day off, not looking forward to that wind

Yeah that's why I made sure to cramp in some km the last 2 days, did not fancy the wind today!"

It wasn’t too bad but stayed inland.

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Yeah that's why I made sure to cramp in some km the last 2 days, did not fancy the wind today!

It wasn’t too bad but stayed inland. "

Ah not bad then.

Went to winchelsea yesterday.... Average 20kph heading there, 32kph on way back haha

Hate and love seaside ride's

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Someones going to be out looking for a KOM in a particular direction though!! "

Only if they have subscribe to strava they will, free users don't get those bits anymore.

By *voryforebonyMan
over a year ago

boogie town

"Stripping an xt brake to see why it failed.

Seals?..."

No, I think Seal bought his bike from Adamski and it's fitted with SRAM...

By *voryforebonyMan
over a year ago

boogie town

Someones going to be out looking for a KOM in a particular direction though!!

Only if they have subscribe to strava they will, free users don't get those bits anymore."

Ohhh no, don't open the Strava susceptible debate up.. There will be a riot!

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

The wind the last 3 days has killed my biking. As much as i would love a fast ride back the hassle and blustery wind wasn't worth the risk.. did 8 on my new tyres to see how they felt

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Windy out there today.... but turned in a 57... headwind back home and side gusts on most of the ride...plenty of lads & lasses out there

By *wingamajigsCouple
over a year ago

Folkestone

Update.

The Trek Rail 5 is amazing. Ebikes rock. Rode 13 miles in Surrey Hills and came home fresh as a daisey after sessioning some great trails.

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Heading out for an evening spin..... weather is great..very little breeze

By *heeky001Man
over a year ago

bath

Any one Bath Bristol area?

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

out again today....across county borders ....50 miler

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

well in the end today's spin out was 65 miles... lots of guys and girls out there enjoying the light winds and sunshine.... Foam roller used...now for a nice wank as on route fun is off the "menu" just now

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Trans Pennine Trail yesterday. 48 miles. Gorgeous out there.

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I enjoy off road biking, have been doing quite a bit. I would like to try more mtb trails though....

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Bookmarking

over a year ago

Still looks to be a while before we can race or TT, next race will be CX at this rate!

over a year ago

"Still looks to be a while before we can race or TT, next race will be CX at this rate! "

Move to Guernsey, they've held a TT today!!

over a year ago

Was all booked up for Mallorca 312 in April

But lovin the sunny Surrey hills... We went for a spin across the Downs today.. loads out on the bikes.

over a year ago

"Still looks to be a while before we can race or TT, next race will be CX at this rate!

Move to Guernsey, they've held a TT today!!"

I'm intrigued how given they promote under CTT rules. Not doubting your word as I heard about this but i just can't see how legally they dud

over a year ago

"Still looks to be a while before we can race or TT, next race will be CX at this rate!

Move to Guernsey, they've held a TT today!!"

Could have done a day trip from Dover!!

over a year ago

May brought a new pb for me. 505 miles in a month. 22300ft climbing. I thought Cheshire was flat!

By *ip2Man
over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

Thought I'd never cycle so much again. Total for May, 1019 km.

over a year ago

Can’t wait for wales to be open again so I can get back to llandegla forest.

over a year ago

I'm intrigued how given they promote under CTT rules. Not doubting your word as I heard about this but i just can't see how legally they dud"

We have permission over here, that if govt relax things, we can hold events even though rest of GB can't. That's from TLI, assume Guernsey is the same?

over a year ago

I'm intrigued how given they promote under CTT rules. Not doubting your word as I heard about this but i just can't see how legally they dud

We have permission over here, that if govt relax things, we can hold events even though rest of GB can't. That's from TLI, assume Guernsey is the same?"

Typical it’s good weather for what should be race week too.

over a year ago

We have permission over here, that if govt relax things, we can hold events even though rest of GB can't. That's from TLI, assume Guernsey is the same?

Typical it’s good weather for what should be race week too. "

It would be practice week and it's going to rain from Weds, so as you say "typical"!! Lol.

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Has about 10 days off from cycling, but back into it. 75 in Saturday and 60 today. Embracing the headwind and sunburn now haha

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Good to see many more getting out there...the more enthusiastic "hard core" all year around cyclists and new/returning ones...

over a year ago

Out for ride this morning shirt shorts

Strava

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

I just did 30miles yesterday. Got 20 out and the rain came.. the 10 miles back was wet and very slippy.

One good this was I wore my cycle shot with no underwear. This was so much more comfortable than a tingly cock I was getting.

Has anyone else else had this or similar?

By *ananas2013Man
over a year ago

wolves

Will be out again next week sometime.

over a year ago

"I just did 30miles yesterday. Got 20 out and the rain came.. the 10 miles back was wet and very slippy.

One good this was I wore my cycle shot with no underwear. This was so much more comfortable than a tingly cock I was getting.

Has anyone else else had this or similar? "

You do know cycling shorts are designed to be worn commando?

By *ananas2013Man
over a year ago

wolves

"I just did 30miles yesterday. Got 20 out and the rain came.. the 10 miles back was wet and very slippy.

You do know cycling shorts are designed to be worn commando?"

Thanks thought l had it wrong

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I've been out this morning too.. With short sprints on the flats

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

You do know cycling shorts are designed to be worn commando?

Thanks thought l had it wrong "

Haha i did not know that... no wonder i got a tingly cock..

over a year ago

Keep on cycling in the free world.

over a year ago

30k each way to work and back with a some effort over the N Downs..

over a year ago

Not to sound like a fair weather cyclist but the weekend doesn’t doesn’t look good for big miles.

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

After doing 5 ride's in 7 days..... I've done 2 in 14. I'm such a let down!

I blame the weather.... Too hot, or too cold, or windy, or not windy enough, I need excuses haha

Although the 43mph wind tomorrow is a legitimate excuse to avoid it I think!

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Still stuck on the turbo....

By *ananas2013Man
over a year ago

wolves

"Still stuck on the turbo...."

Same here till weather turns again

over a year ago

"Still stuck on the turbo....

Same here till weather turns again"

I’ve cancelled zwift for the summer so I’ll have to tough it out.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Took my bike to Halfords yesterday and to cut a long story short .

Its fucked .

Can I find a new bike in my limited price range anywhere .

No.

All stockists have not had many deliveries and I need a new bike 150-200 quid asap .

Anyone able to help or suggestions ??

over a year ago

"Took my bike to Halfords yesterday and to cut a long story short .

Its fucked .

No.

All stockists have not had many deliveries and I need a new bike 150-200 quid asap .

Anyone able to help or suggestions ??"

Facebook has loads of cycling buy and sell groups.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Its fucked .

No.

Facebook has loads of cycling buy and sell groups. "

Thanks I've tried that, nothing suitable sadly

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Went out the other day to cycle to PT session, bearing in mind it's all steep hills where I live, and the chain came off and got well and truly jammed. I was not impressed. Thankfully Mr came and rescued me and drove me to my PT session.

Bike is going off to get a thorough service this afternoon.

over a year ago

Its fucked .

No.

Thanks I've tried that, nothing suitable sadly "

Cycle Republic have a few bikes in stock - I looked today.

Even though I got a new bike after my other one was stolen a few weeks ago - I dont love it

The bikes for sale on ebay and Facebook etc .. are probably the bikes that are stolen from people

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Its fucked .

No.

Even though I got a new bike after my other one was stolen a few weeks ago - I dont love it

The bikes for sale on ebay and Facebook etc .. are probably the bikes that are stolen from people "

Ok cheers I'll check them out .

Sorry yours got nicked that's so fucking annoying , fucking scrotes

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

"30k each way to work and back with a some effort over the N Downs.. "

That's a good distance daiky

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

I’ve cancelled zwift for the summer so I’ll have to tough it out. "

Im just looking to setting my turbo in the shed and getting a projector for Sufferfest but seems zoom is better????

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

Its fucked .

No.

The bikes for sale on ebay and Facebook etc .. are probably the bikes that are stolen from people

Ok cheers I'll check them out .

Sorry yours got nicked that's so fucking annoying , fucking scrotes "

Id keep trying the FB buy and sell sites or the cycling groups you can join.. Failing that get one on finance as there are always offrs about especially last years colours

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

"Went out the other day to cycle to PT session, bearing in mind it's all steep hills where I live, and the chain came off and got well and truly jammed. I was not impressed. Thankfully Mr came and rescued me and drove me to my PT session.

Bike is going off to get a thorough service this afternoon."

I've just changed my tyres and its not riding right so rather than play with it myself I'm going to send it for a full service.i have no idea what that will cost.

over a year ago

Nice 70 miles in the bank today

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"Nice 70 miles in the bank today "

Very nice!

I wimped out again this afternoon.

Convinced myself the 15mph wind here was too much and that it was going to rain haha

over a year ago

"Nice 70 miles in the bank today

Very nice!

I wimped out again this afternoon.

Convinced myself the 15mph wind here was too much and that it was going to rain haha"

Went early, virtually no wind

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Ahhh there you go. See me and early have a tricky relationship haha

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"Went out the other day to cycle to PT session, bearing in mind it's all steep hills where I live, and the chain came off and got well and truly jammed. I was not impressed. Thankfully Mr came and rescued me and drove me to my PT session.

Bike is going off to get a thorough service this afternoon.

I've just changed my tyres and its not riding right so rather than play with it myself I'm going to send it for a full service.i have no idea what that will cost.

"

Hope it's not too much

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

I’ve cancelled zwift for the summer so I’ll have to tough it out. "

I used to zwift but now I just watch a film

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Finally got off my arse and done a nice 63km. Stretched the legs nicely

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Out again tomorrow after a busy week in the workshop fixing and servicing others bikes...lol....

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

I'm still waiting of mine getting repaired. There were quite a few jobs on it to do

By *illywizz1000000Man
over a year ago

north west

I've changed my tyres and my ride is now bumpy plus my gears catch too.. tried to get a service but can't get in

over a year ago

Why do people have to dress like they're competing in the tour de france to peddle their bicycle

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Why do people have to dress like they're competing in the tour de france to peddle their bicycle "

Why do people wear football tops when they're in the pub?

By *llofafunkMan
over a year ago

Horsham

"Why do people have to dress like they're competing in the tour de france to peddle their bicycle "

It's more comfortable and practical. No baggy clothes flapping around in the wind.

Mainly pumptrack and mtb for me. Not been riding the road bike much over the last couple of years.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Because it transforms us instantly to supreme athletes. Sex gods. Lycra is ‘catnip’ to all women.

By *llofafunkMan
over a year ago

Horsham

"Why do people have to dress like they're competing in the tour de france to peddle their bicycle

Because it transforms us instantly to supreme athletes. Sex gods. Lycra is ‘catnip’ to all women."

Haha, if only!

over a year ago

I used to love cycling round Delamere, I came from St. Helens through Widnes and past the Castner Kellner plant.

If I felt good ride round to the Mersey Ferry and back home that way.

By *voryforebonyMan
over a year ago

boogie town

"Cycling from Liverpool to Delamere Forest this morning.

I used to love cycling round Delamere, I came from St. Helens through Widnes and past the Castner Kellner plant.

If I felt good ride round to the Mersey Ferry and back home that way."

Cycling past Ineos at Castner Kellner.. Living the dream! Did you try spotting Rocksavage Power Plant too?

By *utdoor.explorerMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm not the fittest of people but I do try and walk about 50 miles a week. Would like to get out on my bike to improve my fitness and get some of my belly gone. Problem is it hurts my arse. I've got a memory foam pad on top of my seat any advice as its putting me off cycling. Thanks

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"I'm not the fittest of people but I do try and walk about 50 miles a week. Would like to get out on my bike to improve my fitness and get some of my belly gone. Problem is it hurts my arse. I've got a memory foam pad on top of my seat any advice as its putting me off cycling. Thanks "

Get silicone gel padded cycle shorts. Oh, and man up!

By *utdoor.explorerMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I'm not the fittest of people but I do try and walk about 50 miles a week. Would like to get out on my bike to improve my fitness and get some of my belly gone. Problem is it hurts my arse. I've got a memory foam pad on top of my seat any advice as its putting me off cycling. Thanks

Get silicone gel padded cycle shorts. Oh, and man up! "

Any particular ones better then others or do they all do the same?

over a year ago

"I'm not the fittest of people but I do try and walk about 50 miles a week. Would like to get out on my bike to improve my fitness and get some of my belly gone. Problem is it hurts my arse. I've got a memory foam pad on top of my seat any advice as its putting me off cycling. Thanks

Any particular ones better then others or do they all do the same?"

Definitely not all the same and too a point you get what you pay for.

Personally I find bioracer and Castelli pads really good but buy a cheap pair and you’ll probably regret it. Expect to pay over £60

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Any particular ones better then others or do they all do the same?"

Most pads in these shorts are similar although the budget end are a little skimped on....some if this kit comes from the same factory in Italy...and certain "brand" names are made in the same factory and specifications as some of the "brands" that always get 10/10... personally start with some DHB and see how they go, alays good write ups...if still uncomfortable then try the mid range...I ride with guys who swear by dhb, others swear by Sportful, other by different names....careful as it will be an expensive game

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

After week's of not much, finally getting back into it.

3 day's in a row 68km,63km, 53km.

Did some sprints today, was fun

By *idewillyMan
over a year ago

totnes

Ive always loved a lady in lycra must be all those years of me training and racing i did....and now im back riding after 3 catching the virus and 3 months to get rid of it...the first ride nearly smashed me to bits especially the lungs second one better third ride even more improvement so hopefully will keep that way

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

70km with a lot of hills in this weather...... May not have been the wisest decision haha

Post new Message to Thread